Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356838 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1085 on: January 09, 2013, 09:49:09 PM

So, this game happened:

I've honestly never seen anything like it.  I never used my biscuit.  I never took consume.  The Alistar wasn't even that bad.  He could land the headbutt/pulv combo.  He'd land it, then I'd snowball ez, haste ashe, and she'd double kill them easy. 

I think the closest we got to dying was early when they could outpush/trade us.  Then after first back they were irrelevant it seemed like.

And Garen solo'd both Olaf and Khaz like 4 minutes in.   ACK!  Then did it a couple more times.

Very cordial game, though.  We were all back patting, and they were stunned/laughing at the absurdity of it all.  Also, finally a pleasant game.  Mon/Tuesday was jerks on parade.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: January 10, 2013, 03:30:27 AM

Good to know that noob plays still exist at 30.  I've been having this fear, as I work through the last 10 levels, that once I reach the end all of my games thereafter would be my face being smashed into a wall for 20 minutes every match   why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1087 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:58 AM

Good to know that noob plays still exist at 30.  I've been having this fear, as I work through the last 10 levels, that once I reach the end all of my games thereafter would be my face being smashed into a wall for 20 minutes every match   why so serious?

Heh, well, I think this is Rasix's first post that had something nice to say about his teammates/opponents.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1088 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:57 AM

No, no. Drop into a low elo and be AMAZED. I had a troll in my game last night that absolutely ruined the game for my team. A Kayle who started the game saying they were on the toilet, getting drunk, took the first red buff, said they were trolling, then proceeded to die and entirely shit up the game of 4 other people. I thought to myself, "I spent over a year getting to level 30 to play in ranked games. This person must have spent at least half that if not more building their account to level 30. Did they do that entirely to fuck up someone else's day? That's like having a mission from God to be a complete asshole."

The only other explanations I have for so many trolls at low elo are 1) their elo has dropped so low, they've lost the will to play but can't quit, or 2) their account has been hacked. Otherwise, I just can't understand spending that much time to shit on people.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1089 on: January 10, 2013, 09:43:03 AM

I stopped wanting to play ranked when my ELO hit 1337, just cause.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rasix

Reply #1090 on: January 10, 2013, 01:46:55 PM

Heh, well, I think this is Rasix's first post that had something nice to say about his teammates/opponents.

It's a rarity.

I guess this is just the first game I can remember being in where one side got no kills at all. I don't even think they had a single turret down.  10.8k gold lead at 20 minutes.  I suppose I've seen stomps that hard in pro games, but their stomps also come with competent last hitting mechanics.

As far as noobs, it seems to go in cycles.  I don't know how normal does its ELO calculations (because it does use it), but there's some weeks where the game is silly easy and some where I feel like I'm out matched in every game.  Could just be luck, but it seems to follow that cycle pretty predictably.  The week where you're getting stomped is a tough one to take.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:51:03 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1091 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:22 PM

I honestly believe that the matchmaking puts you in winnable matchups for a while to build up a winning streak (or knows when you have a winning streak) and then slams you with the biggest sack of useless shit players repeatedly until you get a losing streak going. It seems like I'll get a good run going, then it gets followed with the One-Armed Meth Using Retard Circus Parade.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1092 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:32 PM

I guess this is just the first game I can remember being in where one side got no kills at all. I don't even think they had a single turret down.  10.8k gold lead at 20 minutes.  I suppose I've seen stomps that hard in pro games, but their stomps also come with competent last hitting mechanics.

As far as noobs, it seems to go in cycles.  I don't know how normal does its ELO calculations (because it does use it), but there's some weeks where the game is silly easy and some where I feel like I'm out matched in every game.  Could just be luck, but it seems to follow that cycle pretty predictably.  The week where you're getting stomped is a tough one to take.

I had a weird one today, too (still unranked, still picks me to be team leader :P).  Our team got four kills before minions spawned.  It wasn't like we jumped on them in a 5v5 either, their mid just stood in vision range of our tower as we were crossing river, so we killed her, then their jungler ambles out of the brushes like nothing's going on and dies instantly, then all five of us migrated south to dive their bottom lane and kill them.  It was crazy.  They had a pretty weird comp, too, bottom lane was Sona and AD Kayle with a BF and a Vamp who ended up going 0/3/5 (Sona ended up with more kills than her).  They spent basically the first ten minutes under their tower because we'd poke them to death every time they stuck their nose out.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1093 on: January 10, 2013, 07:00:35 PM

I honestly believe that the matchmaking puts you in winnable matchups for a while to build up a winning streak (or knows when you have a winning streak) and then slams you with the biggest sack of useless shit players repeatedly until you get a losing streak going. It seems like I'll get a good run going, then it gets followed with the One-Armed Meth Using Retard Circus Parade.

Despite Riot's insistence otherwise, there is NO way this isn't the case.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: January 10, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

Despite Riot's insistence otherwise, there is NO way this isn't the case.
This. So much this.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43:31 AM

Just played a very silly game. I said I would play support, our captain picked Blitz immediately without asking if I had or played Blitz with the intention to trade with me. Luckily I do own Blitz, although I almost never play him.

So in lane I land a bunch of godlike grabs and we get up about 14-4. Then our mid Mordekaiser disconnects. We are pretty far ahead so we can still push 4 v 5, but we really lack damage and tankyness now so instead of building support items I start building wacky stuff like a Trinity Force and Warmogs.

We get to the point where we have one enemy inhib down but the enemy team has enough levels and farm that they can destroy us 5 v 4. I keep telling the team that since the mid lane is pushing already we should just carefully push top and bottom, but they keep trying to just rush in as 5 and Zerg down the enemy Nexus. We get aced a couple times but the enemy always has 1 or 2 inhibs down and can't really do much outside of their base. This goes on for a while until finally I buy banner of command, the thing that makes your minions do more damage. I run around using Blitz's speed boost to buff up whatever lane has minions in it. If I see someone I try to grab them, knock them up, then just run around and waste time while our minions continue into their base. So finally all the lanes are pushing and we get all three inhibs down, then our Mordekaiser reconnects (but he's like level 10 and everyone else is 18) and we win by basically just running around behind our minions while they do all the work.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: January 11, 2013, 01:21:16 PM

All the minions get stronger for each inhibitor you get down, and with all three it doubles the brutes at each. I have only once seen a team hold off death once they had all three inhibitors down, and they had absolutely godly AOE. They managed until two of the inhibitors came back up more or less simultaneously. Just the minions, mind you, as soon as my team finished Baron and headed in they crumpled like tissue paper.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:10 PM

Just wrapped up a match that had me on a Rampage with Yorick (which is kinda hard to do for a melee champ that doesn't really rely too much on meleeing  why so serious?).  Nevertheless, the solo queue was gracious to me; although the team consisted of me, Nasus (at the bot with me), Wukong and Panth on top, and Eve in the mid, we all seem to have our shit together (except Eve; kept getting destroyed by Orianna at mid), and Nasus and I gave Blitz and Trist a run for their money.

Course, having upgraded my Runes from Regulars to Greaters this week (yay 20  awesome, for real) has really helped my early game.  Even when Blitz managed to grab me, I could actually shovel him in the head, ghoul rape him, AND survive  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

Reply #1098 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:42 PM

I always lose dodge chicken.  Some guy doesn't get mid, he instalocks jungle Teemo.  Ok, guy, I'll go play Skyrim.

edit: Yah, I've slipped into head-injury normal ELO.  The Cait I was supporting just now stood absolutely still while CSing, and the Graves/Fiddle combo didn't even bother to harass.  We still won. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:30:29 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1099 on: January 14, 2013, 04:01:22 AM

Had to play a few matches to reaffirm that my memories were accurate. Is it just me or is Blitzcrank way powerful these days?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: January 14, 2013, 05:02:43 AM

Had to play a few matches to reaffirm that my memories were accurate. Is it just me or is Blitzcrank way powerful these days?

I find it all depends on how he's played.  You have some people that are trick-shots with that Rocket Grab.  Others...not so much  why so serious?

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: January 14, 2013, 05:26:22 AM

I've must've played Revolver Ocelot then. He had the new punchy chick as his lane mate, it was ugly.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1102 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01:53 AM

Blitzcrank is a seriously high skill champ. If you miss your grabs, he's a bit weak. If you can make at least half your grabs, he can absolutely melt faces with the best of them. Pair him with a good ADC in bot lane, grab knock up stun dead champ win lane honorallplz. He won't carry unless the opposition is just slapdash idiots, but he can certainly turn the tide.

I'm loving jungle Maokai these days. If my team is halfway competent, or has at least one competent burst damage carry, I can just WRECK teams. Last night's was a 17/13/26 match that I was sure would be a frustrating loss. Our top lane Mundo and our ADC Teemo both came into the game disconnected, but luckily so did 2 of the other team as well. It was Mundo top, LeBlanc mid, Mao jungle, Teemo and Taric bot against Darius top, Annie mid, Malphite jungle and Miss Fortune and Draven bot (yeah, I know... WTF?). Mundo got behind on farm and kept getting laned and killed by Darius. I can't really help him much, as the double ADC bot lane is getting pushed a bit. I go to gank bot, telling them in chat I'm coming AND pinging. Teemo, who has been damaged a bit goes and sits under his turret while Taric is back at base and ignores my gank. I root Draven, and both he and MF start to run. Toss a sapling into the bushes to maintain LOS, root start pounding. Draven goes down. MF is at about 3/4 health and I'm low. All it requires is for Teemo to MOVE HIS LITTLE MUSHROOM DROPPING ASS and poison MF's ass and he does nothing... until I die. THEN he comes out and quickly dispatches MF. A few minutes later and a similar situation happens where he just ignores my attack, I die then he comes in and mops up for a kill only after I'm dead. So I figure this game is going to be a quick disaster.

Fortunately for us, the other team had NO FUCKING CLUE how to team fight. Their Annie continued all game to get in positions where she could be rooted and chased down 1 or 2 v 1 and died a lot. Their MF and Draven LOVED to attack me while leaving Teemo or Leblanc alone, especially when I was sitting under a turret taking damage while the Teemo or Leblanc blew up the turrets and/or the carries. The Taric was fantastic using his stuns and heals at the right times. Their Malphite was just INCREDIBLY bad (6/8/17) often standing under turrets while his teammates got killed right in front of him. Our LeBlanc just did SICK burst damage everywhere. GGWPHONORALL. Well not all, because the Mundo and Teemo were bad players.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1103 on: January 14, 2013, 09:06:19 PM

I don't normally play Blitz but a couple times recently he wasn't banned and our leader first picked him to trade with me without asking. Both those games I absolutely destroyed the enemy  team with him. Because Blitz was banned for so long it seems like people have completely forgotten how to play against him. I landed so many grabs behind walls it was just silly.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1104 on: January 15, 2013, 07:49:12 AM

Last night the opposing team was angling for a normally banned champ in draft so they left blitz and mumu free with first pick.  They picked blitz, I picked mumu....never bet against a mummy.

Rasix

Reply #1105 on: January 15, 2013, 08:12:30 AM

Whenever I get Blitz the enemy team is full of Alistars, Amumus and Singes.  Doesn't help that I'm incredibly streaky with skillshot champs.  I also seem to get paired with a complete retard whenever I get Blitz.  They never, ever follow up on any sort of hook or popup.

My win rate with Taric is getting a bit absurd.  This is going pretty much for support in general.  I just pick Taric or Nunu and always seem to win my lane.  Winning the game isn't always in the cards because late game Taric is a bit of a speedbump, and Nunu does about 0 damage late game as well, but has great utility in team fights.  Plus, you can win your lane hard, but your AD can CS poorly or just suck in team fights (like I do).

My game last night was interesting.  Winning early, despite our Lux complaining that she's no match for the other team's Kat.  Mid game Kat gets super fed and we make some dumb plays.  Surrender vote initiated, people start bitching at our jungler.  This despite our ADC having less farm than the jungler even though we won our lane really hard.  The ADC (Graves) and Lux were absolutely wretched.  Lux did not hit a single combo all game.  Graves would wander off while we were grouped and get solo'd by everyone including their support Nid.  People stop complaining.  We get a catch.  Win a teamfight and get 3 turrets.  Win the next team fight and win the game.   I take a look at the ELOs afterwards.  There's quite a spread there.  Anywhere from 1600 - 1200.  I wonder if ranked would provide a more even experience, without such a huge disparity in player ability.

My one fear with ranked:  I'm a very good support. I'm decent top and mid (relatively poor at certain matchups, bad map awareness, but solid teamfight and laning).  But I am a horrid ADC and jungler.  Everything but support seemed to tank my ELO last season.   Granted it wasn't a huge sample, but while I have fun with the solo lanes, I just don't win with them.  

edit: Tank build Kat is a bit bullshit.  Can fall off a bit, but early/mid, I don't think I've encountered anything more annoying.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:44:22 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1106 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:13 AM

Tank build Kat is a bit bullshit.  Can fall off a bit, but early/mid, I don't think I've encountered anything more annoying.

Haven't heard of this one. Elaborate?

Rasix

Reply #1107 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15:13 AM

Rush a warmogs or sunfire cape (if against AD) or both.  Haunting Guise, rylai's,  abyssal, boots to situation (whenever).  Don't see it played a lot, but it makes Kat extremely hard to kill and lets her skirmish pretty effectively.  Plus, you can't burst her down easily and during a teamfight she will be alive for her resets. 

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1108 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:34 AM

Rush a warmogs or sunfire cape (if against AD) or both.  Haunting Guise, rylai's,  abyssal, boots to situation (whenever).  Don't see it played a lot, but it makes Kat extremely hard to kill and lets her skirmish pretty effectively.  Plus, you can't burst her down easily and during a teamfight she will be alive for her resets. 

Interesting. I love me some Kat and will give this a try later.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:19 AM

Haven't heard of this one. Elaborate?

Kat has very high base damages and so benefits a lot from building tanky. It means she isn't at risk of being burst down and is more likely to get resets. Top Lane Tank Katarina was played fairly successfully in the season 3 qualifiers. (also the mid lane Nashor's Tooth AP Kayle you're going to be seeing a lot of)

Blitz has always and will always be way powerful just because of the strength of the pull. As it stands, blitzcrank has some of the worst base damages in the game(which is what keeps him from being top/jungle) and bad scaling (he needs his maxed w to keep up in attack speed with most melee champs). But that grab is just so strong.

@Rasix Ranked can be just as variable as normals but you don't get as many ELO differences since fewer people duo queue 1600 to 1200. While more people will 3-4 man queue with those elo differences.

Also, you're likely to get support since no one likes to do it. Just tell people your solo lane is weak
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:47:33 AM by Goumindong »
Rasix

Reply #1110 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:42 AM

I've tried the AP Kayle build.  It's pretty boss top lane as well. 

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1111 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:50 AM

I retry Kayle occasionally. I just can't get used to it. Everything about her feels wrong now. Like Peach in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: January 15, 2013, 01:40:52 PM

Speaking of Kayle, just had a real  swamp poop game.

Our ADC picks Cait first, I'm second and ask what we need, nobody answers, so I volunteer for support.  ADC asks for Nunu, but I hate Nunu, can I go Lulu, he says ok, done.  Third and fourth picks are Cho and Wukong.  Fifth pick says he's going to support bottom and locks Kayle.  Cho's not jungling, so we've got no jungler, and two supports.  

Game starts up and both Cho and Wukong both go top, so things waffle for a bit before finally Wu agrees to go bot with Kayle while I support Cho.  We're doing op top, despite eating a few ganks from the enemy shaco mostly because it's a 1v2 lane.  The bottom lane (Kayle + Wukong) is getting destroyed, though, with the score something like 0-7 at the ten minute mark.  We drop their mid almost as soon as they drop our bottom tower, and the teamfights happen.  We're getting picked apart because they're fed and we're not, but despite the yakkety sax beginning, Cait is doing all right, Cho's fairly farmed, and Kayle's not actually a bad player.  Wukong starts voting for surrender, because he's 0-8-0, but an initiation goes bad for the enemy team and we score a few kills, morale goes up, and the surrender gets voted down.  Wukong ragequits, and I'm thinking we're fucked, down 4v5 and underfarmed, but the only real threat on the enemy team is their fed Ezreal, and our Cait can take him down since she's got two "panic button" supports hanging off of her while Ezreal's just got Taric, and our Cho can tank the rest of their team pretty nicely.  Their entire initiation depends on Taric, so we just focus him down next time he comes near and mop up the rest of their team.  After that, their Nidalee decides to split push, so we have a base race for a bit which we win because it's four of us versus just her, and long story short, we grab two inhibitors and somehow manage to win despite being in a 4v5 and down in kills for the entire game.  

Final kill tally was 18-20 their lead, with my own score of 0-1-8.  A few too many mistimed spells from me (Kayle and I ulting the same target, me missing a clutch shield or two, that kind of thing) but otherwise, one of those games where you just sit there blinking at the victory screen going "wait, what?  Victory? What?"

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:44:52 PM by Kail »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

A fed Cait is a thing to fear.

Double support on her - I can only imagine the frustration of the other team.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:37 AM

I'm never agreeing to fill again.  Every time I do, I end up playing the position no one wants, and then of course it is my fault if I'm not stellar at whatever is left over.  Fuck that, I go out of my way to be nice so other people can play what they prefer and all it does is get me bitched at.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: January 17, 2013, 04:33:06 PM

I'm never agreeing to fill again.  Every time I do, I end up playing the position no one wants, and then of course it is my fault if I'm not stellar at whatever is left over.  Fuck that, I go out of my way to be nice so other people can play what they prefer and all it does is get me bitched at.

I have resigned myself to playing mostly Jungle or Support  in solo-queue because Mid/Top are usually called immediately and I suck as ADC. I always sympathize with the player who takes whatever the last role is and does a poor job: they probably didn't want to play that role in the first place.

I've found that usually the players that pick first are the ones who feed though. One of my recent games had an Ahri and Riven call their lanes as soon as we got into the chat room. Despite bot and jungle doing well, our mid and top proceeded to lose their lanes by embarrassing amounts and then afk'd at the fountain. We lost around minute 17.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1116 on: January 17, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Friends don't let friends blind pick.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

It wasn't even Blind pick, it was a solo queue ranked game, I was captain.  I called out adc, but there was a duo in the game that wanted to bot together, so I agreed to fill in the only remaining spot - jungle - and proceded to have a pretty bad/mediocre at best game as Kha'zix.  Of course, everyone blamed me for the loss.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1118 on: January 17, 2013, 08:59:02 PM

Whelp. Just played a random game where four people yelled for "top" as soon as we joined the chat, while I picked adc bot. What I did not know at the time, was that I would be SOLO adc bot - as Ezreal, against Cait + Sona - since two people on my team decided to go top in the end (neither as support). Guess who gets grief when we lose the game (my stats: 4/8/15 ), for "losing to Cait"?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1119 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

What do you do, solo ranked? Draft mode normals had long queues last time I tried and ranked games everyone seemed to take way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: