Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356863 times)
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1015 on: December 22, 2012, 07:44:24 AM

I had this happen earlier today. Ego +1.

Doesn't stop people in other games from telling me that Nunu is "useless in Dominion", but I'll take what I can get.

No spell vamp? D:

My latest hobby in dominion is getting spell vamp, taking hits, eatting a minion for 20% of my health back while spamming ctrl + 4 (as nunu bot)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1016 on: December 22, 2012, 07:51:35 AM

Look closer!

Also stop maining my champs!  why so serious?
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: December 22, 2012, 08:09:57 AM

Look closer!

Also stop maining my champs!  why so serious?

Blrglp
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: December 22, 2012, 02:26:20 PM

No spell vamp? D:

My latest hobby in dominion is getting spell vamp, taking hits, eatting a minion for 20% of my health back while spamming ctrl + 4 (as nunu bot)

Nunu's heal scales 1 to 1 on AP so he doesn't really have a reason to get spell vamp given its cost. That being said given the new costs on items it looks like WoTA is relatively cheap now rather than relatively expensive
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1019 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:20 PM

Playing Kayle as an ADC is pretty fun (I thought I was going top until last pick locked in Akali).  Couple clutch ults on our ridiculously good Fizz.   Always fun though when your E trolls you and has you meleeing in a team fight.  awesome, for real

Didn't do too bad either.  I hadn't even played ADC this season yet.  Or Kayle. 

Somewhat redeems my shittastic GP game. I'm not sure how he's going to pan out this season.  As a jungler maybe?

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: December 23, 2012, 02:31:44 AM

GP is not a good jungler, he can't clear fast enough and his ganks aren't very strong.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1021 on: December 23, 2012, 11:30:12 AM

I think GP is going to get a boost eventually. He just doesn't seem all that good these days.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: December 23, 2012, 09:33:29 PM

I was actually shocked at how bad a jungler Warwick is with the new changes. Good god riot seems to have implemented the exact opposite of what they intended this patch. AOE junglers are now almost required for any sort of speed, and chumps like Trundle and Warwick are left in the dust. Again.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1023 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:25 PM

I tried Rengar and Skarner a whole bunch after the changes. Neither worked very well. Before season 3, Skarner was kicking major ass.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: December 24, 2012, 08:58:56 AM

I've always liked nautilus jungle, cc for days.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1025 on: December 24, 2012, 09:17:35 AM

Saw Scarra tear shit up with a Jarvan jungle.  Was insane.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: December 25, 2012, 11:52:14 AM

So who all are the top junglers nowadays?  I keep getting stuck with it, somehow, but I'm not really experienced at it and don't really know who to pick.  I generally just go Amumu, I hear Lee Sin is supposed to be good, but otherwise, I don't know who's still good or not.  Udyr?  Shaco?  Olaf?  I keep seeing Nocturne trying to jungle and failing hard...  I dunno.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1027 on: December 25, 2012, 01:24:05 PM

Mumu is always solid, I have see khaz do well also.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1028 on: December 25, 2012, 01:33:27 PM

Has there been a tournament since S3 began?  If people haven't seen it in a tournament, NA players squeal like total bitches.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1029 on: December 25, 2012, 05:22:40 PM

NA players squeal like total bitches.

Just play some ranked in NA, you'll see this aplenty.

Also, I think my AP Teemo experiment is done. He's squishy, but if he has a decent fucking support bot or decent gankers top or mid, he can rape people late game or be a great split pusher. But he has such a bad rep amongst people that picking him automatically means at least 1 if not 3 of your teammates will be utter SHITCOCKS in chat before the game about how terrible a champ he is. If you rape people, they say NOTHING. If you die more than once, forget about it, you are the worst player ever and you should uninstall the game. The amount of "I would stab you in the face with my hate" feelings the community generates from me when I hear this shit is just not fucking healthy.

The last unsuccessful game I played with him was full of shit sipping trolls. I first pick Teemo top, TELL THEM I'm going Teemo top. Shouldn't be any discussion. The next two players pick fucking JAX and fucking GAREN. Garen won't fucking answer questions about whether he's going top or suppport. 4th pick is a Pantheon. Neither Jax or Panth can decide which of them will jungle. Garen won't answer whether he will support or not. Finally, the last pick was I think an Akali who went mid. Jax and Panth make the decision that Jax should bot with me.

Support. Jax.

Needless to say the Twitch/Nunu combo DESTROYED US bot. But it was all my fault because I chose Teemo. Never mind that Jax offers nothing to Teemo as an ADC, and needs the farm just as bad as Teemo if not worse. And nobody else, including the mouthy Panth jungler did much better. It was a fucking disaster.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1030 on: December 26, 2012, 09:44:54 PM

I'd really like to know wtf happened during champ selection and if this was a premade.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1031 on: December 26, 2012, 11:19:33 PM

I'd really like to know wtf happened during champ selection and if this was a premade.

Hah, wow.  Yeah, from their history it looks like they were rolling as a premade (except for that Hecarim, maybe) but their other games aren't troll comps.  Maybe they were just trying to get the 5-man premade holiday icon, or something, and decided to invite Hec and throw the game?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1032 on: December 26, 2012, 11:43:59 PM

Hah, wow.  Yeah, from their history it looks like they were rolling as a premade (except for that Hecarim, maybe) but their other games aren't troll comps.  Maybe they were just trying to get the 5-man premade holiday icon, or something, and decided to invite Hec and throw the game?
Yeah. Probably.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: December 27, 2012, 01:10:42 AM

After playing against bots for far too long* I've started PvPing again. Smashed as Sona in my first game then went with Soraka and was able to monster bot (Vi/Orianna) with Lee Sin and then hold them off/bait them onto the turret when we lost our Wukong. They surrendered when we dropped our third turret - it's nice to be on a winning side.

Pales into insignificance compared to the other posts here, but I had fun :)

* I'd come home, jump into game for 30 min for over 12 months and get my daily points then log - plus the trash-takling was over the top in PvP.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1034 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:22 PM

22 minute login queue and it's going UP not down ?  Wtf ? why so serious?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1035 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:19 AM

About raising ELO, I got to 1500 by mastering jungle Udyr. I would usually run support otherwise, or a rare top. Most people play the crap out of solo top, ADC, or mid...so being good at jungle or support can really help your team...and you don't get stuck with horrible ones of either.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1036 on: December 28, 2012, 02:18:29 PM

About raising ELO, I got to 1500 by mastering jungle Udyr. I would usually run support otherwise, or a rare top. Most people play the crap out of solo top, ADC, or mid...so being good at jungle or support can really help your team...and you don't get stuck with horrible ones of either.

Any tips for jungling?  I completely suck at it.  I can generally manage to not die to jungle creeps ( Ohhhhh, I see. ) but whenever I leave the woods, I feel useless.  When to gank, how to gank, these things are a mystery to me.  Generally I run in and stun the guy and he flashes away, or sees me coming from wards and backs off before I can get in.  I guess burning flash is considered a victory to some degree, but I always feel like a third wheel until we start roaming.

I grabbed Rengar since I heard he was OP in the jungle a while back, but I guess he's been nerfed repeatedly since then, and now I can barely clear two or three camps without having to b.  Outside of the jungle, he seems even worse.  His Q is ok, but nothing groundbreaking, his W is useless except for the 10% heal when it's empowered which gives him decent sustain but not much for teamfights, and his E is an almost unnoticeably weak slow with an extremely short range unless it's empowered, in which case it's just a decent snare.  His ult baffles me, I can kind of see where it would be useful, but since it's his only gap closer and his only escape tool and it's on a long ass cooldown I'm always waffling about when to use it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1037 on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:25 PM

I bought Rengar and just wasn't impressed. I had a bunch of middling games and a bunch of bad games in blind pick and just wasn't feeling it. I think he has been nerfed into oblivion.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1038 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:02 PM

I think naut is a terribly underrated jungler.  I like any jungler with good cc more than heavy dps junglers.

Rasix

Reply #1039 on: December 28, 2012, 06:07:50 PM

His initial clear scares the poop out of me.

I've manged not to jungle and only played ADC with a non-ADC this season.  I'm a happy man.  Now I just need to find a good top laner that isn't shit on in this current meta.  I'm guessing Queen Lane-bully Kayle might work, and I really want to get more Vi games in, feed or not.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:49:34 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1040 on: December 28, 2012, 07:37:42 PM

New jungle item +5pots and go W>E>W>Q>E>R for naut, his clear is surprisingly fast and easy.  Built New jungle tank item with tenacity and grab ninja tabi boots for all the early game tankiness you need, then build accordingly to their comp.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1041 on: December 28, 2012, 08:01:39 PM

Now I just need to find a good top laner that isn't shit on in this current meta.  I'm guessing Queen Lane-bully Kayle might work, and I really want to get more Vi games in, feed or not.

I've been having real good runs with Jax top laning these days. If he gets even the slightest bit of feed/CS advantage, he rolls hard late. Olaf is decent but as always with Olaf, he's not unstoppable.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1042 on: December 29, 2012, 05:51:45 PM

Treated myself for Christmas by expanding my champ collection with the addition of Yorick.  I haven't had much success with melee/bruiser champs thus far, and my first few outtings with Yorick weren't very...productive, either.

Nevertheless I've pressed on with trying to get my head wrapped around him, and I think I'm getting the hang of it.  I've worked out an item build that capitalizes on CR, armor/MR, and overall tankiness while still sticking a Manamune in for mana issues.  The match I just wrapped up still had me making some newb moves, but once I had manamune, frozen heart, frost hammer, and a spirit visage equipped, I was nigh unstoppable.  Managed to plow into the thick of the final teamfight in the match, pull a triple kill + 1 assist and nailed the match.

Just need to work on my last hitting and judging the enemy skills better, but I'm getting there.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:05:07 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

Reply #1043 on: December 29, 2012, 06:29:06 PM

Inclusion of flask and increase in base movement speed hurts Yorick a bit.  People can out sustain that early harass.  I haven't seen him played yet in S3 (in personal games or streams).  

I'm just not sure how he fits in the League of Cleavers at the moment.  I could probably play him support still.

I tried some support Kayle.  I did so, so bad.  I think it was just a bad game, lag, and the fact that my ADC had the reaction times of someone under heavy medication.   Eh, sometimes you just stink and lose.

edit:

Why do people have to be such massive dicks in this game?  I call mia, ping, they keep pushing, then give up a triple kill because they're expecting me to appear out of the heavens?  If I'm going to be too late anyways, might as well just put some damage on the tower.  Plus, at that point I have to guess on direction.

"You know what? Fuck you guys.  Enjoy waiting the next 10 minutes."  I'll probably eat a ban or something, but seriously, this is a normal.  No reason for these assholes to lay into me for this crap. And I don't feel like I need to put up with this kind of nonsense when I'm specifically trying to avoid it.

double edit:

Probably just should have muted them and practiced last hitting or something.  Seriously, I should have known it was going to be a rough game when they were mad I got counter picked. "I'll be ok"  "You better be"  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:32:51 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1044 on: December 30, 2012, 10:12:24 AM

Yorick played right in Season 2 was an absolute godly beast. It's that 'played right' part that's tricky. I tried him for about a week solid and never got the hang of him. He's a HIGH skill champ, but when he's done right he just will not fucking die. For that type of "you can't kill him but he's lighting you up" type of champ, my preference lately is for Mundo. Mundo doesn't seem to have taken much of a hit at all in Season 3. If allowed to build, he will soak up unholy amounts of damage.

As for the massive dickage, I'm constantly amazed in ranked how bad some of the players are at the simplest things like MIA's. Or warding. I mean, a bot lane that doesn't ward at all, that's supposed to help the ganks how exactly? Or the entire dickheaded team which insisted they shouldn't have to drop one single ward on their lane early game. Just one ward mid Brand who won't call MIA's or chase after the Kat who just left your lane to go rape bot? NOT ONE WARD?

90% of the population of LOL could commit suicide The Happening-style and the game would only be improved by it.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: December 30, 2012, 10:30:56 AM

Just had a horrible game where I got blamed for the loss when the support lux was saying things like "It's the job of a support to die so the adc can get kills" I wanted to point out the wrongness of this statement but to no avail.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1046 on: December 30, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Facepalm

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: December 31, 2012, 06:17:56 AM

Why do people have to be such massive dicks in this game?  

One of the things that sets MOBA apart from other genres is that when you play bad you don't just hurt yourself or even your team (like say in a normal team based game) you actively help the opposing team.  So, you really can be in a position where your teammates totally hose you.  Combine it with the fact that people like team games in the first place because they can deflect blame for losses, and its a recipe for exactly what we see in pretty much every game in this genre.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: December 31, 2012, 08:35:03 AM

When I play jungle it seems like every team I'm on never places wards and every team I'm against double wards every bush in the fucking game.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1049 on: December 31, 2012, 08:57:16 AM

When I play jungle it seems like every team I'm on never places wards and every team I'm against double wards every bush in the fucking game.

This. I especially love it when a gank fails and I ask the lane it happened in to ward and they come back with "It's not my job to ward."

/facepalm

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: