Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359067 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #980 on: November 22, 2012, 11:17:15 AM

I installed this game again because some friends wanted me to play with them, and holy fucking hell it only took 3 games to remind me why I quit in the first place.  People have no game sense it all, it is mind boggling.

Some of us are old.  We have trouble focusing on more than one thing at a time. 

"Must last hit minions.  Ohh, that was good.  What should I buy?  Why are 3 people fighting like 20' away from me? FFS, I'M TRYING TO FARM HERE!"

On the subject of games where miracles happen..

Had a game a few days ago where I got absolutely abused in lane.  Side note: Riven gives me fits when I play GP.   I was 0/2 in lane and got crushed in CS.  Got forced out a lot and Riven picked up a lot of multi-kills roaming.  First few teamfights went disastrous and morale was low enough to spawn a few surrender votes.  Bot lane didn't want to give up, however.  Good thing too.  Despite the game going in a pretty bad direction for us: we didn't flame, Mordekaiser refined our priorities, and we started coordinating more.  After a good baron fight where I got a triple, we started winning.  Objectives and fights.  Two aces later, the kill score was tied and we won handily.   Ended up 7/5/17 despite only being 0/4/4 before we turned it around.   

I thanked everyone for not resorting to flaming and keeping their shit together, although Morde was convinced he just carried.   These are the type of games that make you want to play more.  Unfortunately you play a few more and you'll run into the games that make you not want to play anymore.

Another side note, there's one thing that kept me somewhat optimistic about the game: Riven can't carry the entire game on her own.  Even with a GA, you can take her out a fight relatively easy late.

-Rasix
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #981 on: November 25, 2012, 11:28:36 PM

So... yeah.  I think I've found my new favourite champion - Ezreal... 58 kills 1 death in a bot game vs 5 bots (victory! whee) :P Most fun I've had with any champion so far. Of course, this won't hold up in games against actual people, so maybe I should just stick to the bot games where I can pretend to be good at the game.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:25 PM

SINGED GOES WHERE HE PLEASES

Been loving some Singed games. With the "new" masteries, killing turrets and backdooring with this guy is insta-win no matter how horrible my team is nowdays.
My typical procedure for games now days goes Game start, tab, mute everyone then store and to the lane that makes sense, which sometimes includes mid when you notice you are with a Teemo and Ez who are going top and bottom and neither are making any indication of going to mid lane.

I guess Singed isn't typically seen as a mid champ, but I never have any problem playing him there, well aside from not getting too many early creep kills until poison is at 2 or so and enough mana in the bank to toggle it enough to get those kills.
Otherwise Mid singed is all about letting your tower get pushed and flippin' kill hungry dudes into the glorious sunlight of your tower, may it bath them in truth.

Everytime I manage to kill mid under the sun I'll go top or bot, whoever is pushed more, or if both pushed, whoever has the least health and pick up another kill or assist before porting home to spend my ill-gotten gold.
Once mid-game rolls around I just spend the entire time backdooring mostly. As I wander by the disorganized free-roaming cat herd that is typically my team I might join up with it to flip some carry into their greedy paws, but other than that I just ignore them entirely and punch turrets and push lanes till we eventually win.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #983 on: December 01, 2012, 01:25:59 AM

So you ever watch/listen to something so funny you were crying but you had to stifle yourself because it wasn't over and anyone listening to you would hear this thing that is half strangling half giggling to death?

Yeah.

Professionally dubbed Tribunal entries

Just gonna leave that there.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: December 01, 2012, 10:36:02 AM

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: December 02, 2012, 01:45:48 AM

Just had a nice game with Singed. Best one in recent memory. Had everyone on mute till the very end when it was clear we had won.

I don't typically go hate and rod but they just kept chasing me so often across the entire map. Chase Singed through his poison. He is low on health, surely I can kill him! Yes... surely.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #986 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:31 AM

Nice of them to basically ignore MR :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: December 18, 2012, 03:46:50 PM

So after a few countless matches, I attained enough IP to acquire Heimy, a champ that, in my quest to find a champ that fits my playstyle, I felt best suited me.

I was not disappointed  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

Reply #988 on: December 18, 2012, 03:53:34 PM

Having a dinger on your team makes it semi-impossible to win.  Unless you get that rare once-in-a-lifetime dinger that penta-kills the enemy during a baron attempt.   

Played some Ryze again, first time since patch.  Yah, still a really hard champ.  Upgraded Manamune on him is ridiculous.   Still, getting fed as Ryze is a double edged sword.  You tend to try really retarded shit and do your best to throw the game.  1v5 under tower? LET'S DO IT.

Only got to play since a nice Maokai (who ensured us that Mao mid is OP) decided to jungle since I told everyone I didn't want to jungle at the very start, but they still left the jungle spot open when it was my turn to pick.  This is why I like normal draft.  In ranked, I would have gotten told to dodge, uninstall, and go fuck myself.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:43 PM

So after a few countless matches, I attained enough IP to acquire Heimy, a champ that, in my quest to find a champ that fits my playstyle, I felt best suited me.

I was not disappointed  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Heimerdinger is awesome.  2nd Champ I bought cause he's just fucking fun.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: December 18, 2012, 07:30:34 PM

Helmet is one of the champs that NEEDS a rework. Rasix is right, you simply can't win with one.

My new main is Hecarim. Top, or jungle. Early game he gets really mana starved, but late game he is a Titan. After building two or three tank items the new black cleaver is really unfair on him.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: December 19, 2012, 02:19:23 AM

Meh, There's a lot more commonly chosen champions with a lower win rate. 

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #992 on: December 19, 2012, 02:32:02 AM

Heimerdinger can be really strong. His problem is that he is countered by non-champion specific AoE. Which a lot of champions have these days. Against champions that don't destroy his turrets simply by being at the fight and/or against hard push comps he can be really impressively strong.

I think he is going to get a resurgence as a support in the coming days. This is because the increased gold from Season 3, the new support items which give AP and defenses, and his godly poke/skirmish will be in favor a lot more.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #993 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:15 AM

WTF is it with ranked and Teemo? Anytime I pick him, there is at least one or two if not more COMPLETE FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS that will scream and holler at me (ranked solo queue). Most of the time I'll call a lane and then they'll push me out of the lane with something like "NO YOU ARE SUPPORT NOW!!!!" Today, after 2 fucking queue dodges, I get in with first pick, and immediately say, "I'm picking Teemo top." WAAAARRAGHGHGHLGLBJBBBKJLKJLBJL. 2nd pick takes Lee Sin with Smite, third pick even after we said 'DON'T TAKE A TOP!' takes Jax. Then the Jax and Lee Sin hem and haw about who is going to jungle and NEITHER takes smite. Then 4th pick, who has continually tried to tell me that just because I'm first pick I don't get to pick what I want takes Cait while 5th takes Ezreal. Lee Sin then decides he will take mid.

I'm tired of this shit. So when we get in, I go mid with Lee Sin. Jax stays top, not listening to anything I say about jungling. We push the mid lane until I hit about level 5, then I switch to top because Jax has gotten killed and fucked off to parts unknown. I get hammered a bit by a Vlad who was already 2 levels above me (because I wasn't soloing a fucking lane like I should). From that moment on, utter fucking chaos ensues, laning is kind of an afterthought...

And it doesn't fucking matter because the other team is ABSOLUTELY HORRID. The Vlad was the only decent one, their Soraka is an idiot who challenges me, the AP Teemo, one on one (and dies horribly twice). Their Karthus gets melted by me a few times. The kill totals were very close until the end, but there was just no contest. Even when they worked together, they couldn't stop us. Win, +ELO, +IP.

I swear most of the LOL community should be stricken with flaming ass cancer.

Rasix

Reply #994 on: December 20, 2012, 11:28:33 AM

I've observed a ranked game of yours.  Your elo is something special.  I once saw a Vlad on the opposite team that had 11 kills and only 55 CS at the 30 minute mark. You had some Yi that had sub 100 CS but like 20 kills.  The reaction times for everything was just so poor, but the aggression was balls-to-the-wall 100% of the time.  

Just strange to watch.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #995 on: December 20, 2012, 12:48:55 PM

It's fucking painful at times because it's an absolute crapshoot as to what type of player you'll get on your team or against you. I am on my BEST days a mediocre player. I'm a lot better than I used to be but I am not even close to being 1400 elo quality. But I ain't a 700 elo quality either even though that's where my elo sits. I would reckon that at least 1 and no more than 3 or 4 people on both teams is better than me on any given game of ranked solo queue. How well my team does (and consequently how well I do) is totally dependent on which side those 1-4 players are. The other 5 players? At least 1-2 of them will be a troll, and the rest will just be fucking TERRIBLE. Like "how in the fuck did you ever stand losing this bad through 30 levels?" terrible. I currently sit at 22-28 for Season 3. I started the season like 5-2 or something like that, a really fantastic winning streak. Then I started getting total shit teams and my streak went to losing, no matter how well I did in the game. In fact, I rarely have what I consider a TERRIBLE game anymore.

The other night I picked a Teemo and went mid. One doofus in the chat didn't get the champ he wanted and I think he either randomed Shyv or picked it himself. Then he proceeded to say he didn't know how to play and could someone switch. The person who was going top offered to switch, even took Smite on his Vlad because he expected to switch champs. We get into game and the switch didn't happen, both the Shyv and Vlad had fucking smite and the Shyv kept saying in all caps that they had not chosen the right runes for Shyv.

Facepalm

But it got fucking worse. We parked outside red and were immediately invaded. We got out of the invasion without losing anyone BUT a bunch of the opposition went mid, then spread out. The enemy jungler Lee Sin started creeping up to mid tower on the top side and Vlad ran right into him, died. I move that way a little and Lee Sin disappears. Meanwhile, the Fiddlesticks who is mid against me is pushing the lane HARD and I can't do shit about it. Along comes Shyv, follows the exact same path Vlad did and DIES to the Lee Sin. Then proceeds to bitch at me because I guess I didn't abandon my lane to die with him? In all caps of course. And continues yelling at me in all caps while not ganking mid (where I got my shit pushed in hard because well, no ganks and I was already behind in CS because of the invasion and attempting to leash red for him). And every time I came close to getting a kill on a champ, he appears from fucking nowhere and gets the last hit. We got fucking steamrolled, and it literally was because of this one loudmouth, all caps fucking douche.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:07 PM

I don't want to log in.  If I log in Vi's song will end.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #997 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:31 PM

Haem - maybe mute everyone in the game? It might improve your experience.  I'd still love to get a game, but I think our hours are different for it.

And ya, that Vi song is awesome, wonder why they don't let the different log in musics cycle in game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #998 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:54 PM

Vi seems a pretty potent champ. Of course, the first game I got into last night, someone got bitched at in chat for wanting to pick Vi. Then the opposing team picked her and we lost badly.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: December 20, 2012, 08:53:41 PM

Heh. I bought her, didn't get to play her for two matches, and then had someone afk on the third because they were pissy that I picked her first. But yeah - not one but two good gap closers, some burst, some AoE damage, some %MaxHP damage that scales with AD (!), and okay base stats - I predict nerfs. Going to enjoy her until then though.
Rasix

Reply #1000 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:20 PM

First game Dyrus played with her, he got 2 quadras, while generally playing like an idiot.  His quote was something to the effect of, "hey, it's melee Vayne".   She could gap close and blow up Kassadin and Ezreal with little problem.  Even with their escapes, they had no chance.

Her scaling seems a bit crazy for how much innate damage she does.  Plus, free shield. She looks fun as hell to play.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: December 21, 2012, 09:13:43 AM

I'm a lot better than I used to be but I am not even close to being 1400 elo quality. But I ain't a 700 elo quality either even though that's where my elo sits.

If you can't carry at 700 ELO then you're 700 ELO quality. I mean, i am not that great, 1350 in season 2. But if my ELO ever dropped below 1150 i could hypercarry from any position except support

At 700 ELO people are so bad that it does not matter what the other team is doing, just go to lane, farm for 20 minutes then win because you have 150 CS. 15 CS to a kill (or so, might be a bit more now with the decreased non-cannon gold). Just go to lane and think about that, every 15 CS you beat the enemy by is a full kill.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:45 AM

This is one of the reasons that I, as someone who plays support pretty often, has been hesitant to get back into ranked games this time around.   Having a group fo guys to play with/talk about the game with this time through has helped me stay with the game through some very frustrating games though. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1003 on: December 21, 2012, 10:17:40 AM

I'm a lot better than I used to be but I am not even close to being 1400 elo quality. But I ain't a 700 elo quality either even though that's where my elo sits.

If you can't carry at 700 ELO then you're 700 ELO quality. I mean, i am not that great, 1350 in season 2. But if my ELO ever dropped below 1150 i could hypercarry from any position except support

I disagree with what you said.

It's a team game. You can talk about carries all you want but sometimes you actually need help in lane. You need a gank to even out getting zoned, or worse, you get a shit gank that gets you both killed and is all your lane opponent needs to carry.

Last night I was jungling Mundo. Our Ashe was an uncommunicative retard who as far as I could tell played by slamming her forehead down onto the keyboard at random intervals. She sat AFK in the spawn while Lulu tried to hold bottom lane against a Draven/Janna pair. By the time Ashe moved to bot lane, I'd already had to go help Lulu, and Draven had level 3. Ashe walks directly into Draven and fucking dies. Then she does it again, only this time she walked AROUND to attack him from the river and died. My first kill was a successful gank top, my first death was in bot lane while Ashe was fucking about in the spawn and getting 3v1ed. Despite Ashe being constantly behind, I was getting kills. I even got a triple kill at one point. Then I went on a streak of deaths because our AD carry was underleveled and decided that attacking the Darius jungler was a better plan than a FED AS FUCK Draven or an Akali. We had Shen, Lulu, Mundo, Ashe and Evelynn mid. With Ashe providing no real effective damage, I could go into team fights and target their carry all I wanted and it did almost no good most times because our carry wasn't focusing on theirs, she was hitting their tank. Meanwhile the other team was focusing her or Eve.

Team game. Carries are really important, and one other player can make a huge difference in your team winning or losing. That game was TOTALLY winnable, as we got some turrets down, pulled out an ACE and even got Baron once. We couldn't make up for a shitty carry. Suddenly, I lost 15 ELO. Have that happen 4 or 5 times in a row, and I've lost 60 elo and I don't even know where it went.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1004 on: December 21, 2012, 10:44:48 AM

I disagree with what you said.

It's a team game. You can talk about carries all you want but sometimes you actually need help in lane. You need a gank to even out getting zoned, or worse, you get a shit gank that gets you both killed and is all your lane opponent needs to carry.

Sometimes. But if you're better than the ELO you're listed at you're going to need it less than the other guy and the times which bad things happen will be fewer than when good things happen.

You are one fifth of your team and if you're better than them you will bring your team up.

Every time, every time that someone has told me "i am better than my ELO" i watch their games and find flaws which tell me "no, no you're not". If you're legitimately better than 700 you should be able to either

A: Carry out of the jungle more often than not
B: Hard carry from top, mid, ADC

A is probably harder than B at 700 ELO since no one knows how to team fight, but just like support, if you play well you're always going to do better by giving your lanes a leg up. But its not hard to do either since at worst you're going to get stuck with support one fifth of the time.

Then I went on a streak of deaths because our AD carry was underleveled and decided that attacking the Darius jungler was a better plan than a FED AS FUCK Draven or an Akali

The ADC should be attacking whom they can get to. ADC's do not target enemies, that is not their job, if they do that they just die.

Also, jungle mundo should, ideally, not be getting kills and instead feeding those kills to his lanes(I mean, secure them, but if you can help it give it away). I can't tell you how many games i've won because a non-carry jungler got all the kills. Then, rather than having their lanes be far ahead and able to use that advantage throughout the laning phase, their lanes were only marginally ahead and could snowball the other direction by a single successful gank.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1005 on: December 21, 2012, 11:23:20 AM

Man, seriously, I'm so sick of hearing shit talk about Teemo. I had an argument in chat with this douche Shen who was like "Teemo has no utility and won't do enough damage to carry."

After we won, my stats showed that I did the most damage to champs by a wide margin, had mushrooms all over the place, had the 2nd most kills after our douchebag Fiddle who sat in spawn late-game trolling because our douchebag Diana sucked and wanted to argue with him instead of getting kills and winning her lane.

Fucking community is full of raging goddamn douchebags.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: December 21, 2012, 12:15:17 PM

Not sure how much has changed but Teemo's main glaring weakness was that he didn't bring that much to straight up team-fights. It's a bizarre thing but as Teemo you got to play off your advantages (strong laning, shrooms everywhere) and capitalise on that to win the game.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:11 PM

Not sure how much has changed but Teemo's main glaring weakness was that he didn't bring that much to straight up team-fights. It's a bizarre thing but as Teemo you got to play off your advantages (strong laning, shrooms everywhere) and capitalise on that to win the game.

Depends on how you build him, but generally yes, unless you're very far ahead(after which you do so much deeps it doesn't matter) teemo doesn't bring much to team fights. This is especially true if your team is unable to coordinate to use shroom fields.

Teemo's primary advantage is being able to win lane and his move quick and shrooms allowing him to split push with relative ease
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:47 PM

Teemo doesn't bring a lot to team fights.....until hurricane. Ap teemo with hurricane in a team fight spreading that poison is a fucking nightmare.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:41 PM

Teemo doesn't bring a lot to team fights.....until hurricane. Ap teemo with hurricane in a team fight spreading that poison is a fucking nightmare.

Yea, that stuff is nasty.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: December 21, 2012, 08:13:22 PM

Even with hurricane.

If you can hit >1 person with cane then you're in range to get attacked by >1 person. If you're only getting one person hurricane is really sub-optimal. What hurricane excells at is split pushing.

Not saying its bad on him, but i would rather have Nashors + lots of AP than hurricane and lots of AP.

Edit: There are a lot of reasonable builds for teemo no, but hurricane is more for the tanky teemo than the DPS teemo and i think that with the current state of things AP/DPS teemo is a lot better.

DFG is good on him, Nashors is good on him, Gunblade should be good on him, BotRK should be good on him.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:19:17 PM by Goumindong »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1011 on: December 21, 2012, 08:24:39 PM

I disagree. Hurricane, ap and an hourglass makes for a sick fucking combo. Run into teamfights, get a few shots off and pop your hourglass. When you're back you fire a couple more and sure you might die but you'll decimate their side.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1012 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:31 PM

I continue to forget about Hurricane on my Teemo. Today I built him with sorc shoes, malady, rylai's, liandry's torment and Morellonomicon. It was enough DPS to melt someone down if they were stupid enough to try to trade off with me or force them to run the fuck away to safety. I think I even facerolled a Jax 1v1.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: December 22, 2012, 03:43:53 AM

I disagree. Hurricane, ap and an hourglass makes for a sick fucking combo. Run into teamfights, get a few shots off and pop your hourglass. When you're back you fire a couple more and sure you might die but you'll decimate their side.

You'd die before you popped your hourglass or not get any attacks off.

For AP Teemo you need four things

AP
CDR
MP5
Attack Speed

Not sure of the order, probably AP,CDR/MP5 then Attack Speed

Hurricane is 2750 gold for 70% AS and the passive. The AS is 2330 gold worth of raw stats using daggers as a base (2200 using recurve bows)

Tooth is 2500 GP for 50% AS, 65 AP, 20% CDR, and 10 MP5. The AP and AS alone is worth 3080 gold which is really good for a legendary item after the recent changes[A BT for instance has 3200 gold worth of stats on it before stacking it]. CDR and MP5 are harder to price but they're not worthless.

Basically this means that in order for Hurricane to be the better item the passive has to be worth about 1000 gold, 10 MP5, and 20% CDR.

Tooth also builds out of better initial items and is cheaper which means you have a stronger intermediate game and can exploit completed item asymmetry easier. If you're building hurricane in addition to another AS item then its reduced in efficiency even more.

So if I start tooth then i would get hurricane last, since once you have AS and AP and CDR and MP5 you're going to want either a bit of tank or more raw AP to make your AA,q,AA combo hurt more and your shrooms more potent. If i start hurricane then I am just horrendously underpowered early.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: December 22, 2012, 03:51:42 AM

I had this happen earlier today. Ego +1.

Doesn't stop people in other games from telling me that Nunu is "useless in Dominion", but I'll take what I can get.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: