Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356840 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #910 on: May 24, 2012, 01:49:49 PM

Ashe players.. so many Boots of Swiftness. FFS. 

Ashe with default skin: feeder.

Ashe with different skin: fucking beast.  Might still feed.  why so serious?

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #911 on: May 24, 2012, 02:32:24 PM

I was playing Shaco today and had someone question why I bought magic resist boots instead of the boots of mobility. I've tried a build with boots of mobility and I really like having the extra magic resist and tenacity. Am I just nuts?

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: May 24, 2012, 06:55:59 PM

Merc's treads have a place on nearly any champ, depending on what team you're against.  If the other team doesn't have multiple crowd control effects that you can't avoid by juking (I'm looking at you, Fiddle) then you should be going mobility for the extra ganking ability and control of map objectives.  I'm assuming you're mainly roaming and jungling when you play Shaco here.
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:30 AM

I have learned to be wary of players with custom skins. I really don't understand, half of them seem to suck monkeyballz.

Lvl 26 now and I play a decent-to-good Vayne. If I don't get connection problems (damn you 3G internet!) I get at least a few kills early in game. By the time I have my Infinity Edge I'm a force to be reckoned with. The key, I feel, is to first build AD, and only after the IE start to worry about attackspeed. Also, if you can, buy the green potion early and often.
I seem to have gotten the hang of playing (most) AD carries.
As off-tank/tank I also enjoyed Vollibear a lot when he was free, I'll think I'll buy him when he's on sale.
Malhazar seemed a good mid AP when he was free. Right now I'm mainly playing Annie in that role.
Still looking for a support that fits me, looking forward to playing Taric.
I stayed away from jungling for now, but if Skarner is free it's maybe the time to start.

Anyway, still enjoying myself. Although the occasional team-induced rage seems to get more frequently.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #914 on: June 12, 2012, 07:58:34 AM

The team-induced rage goes up as you get into ranked games. I've never enjoyed a game more that made me want to commit genocide.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: June 13, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

Ashe players.. so many Boots of Swiftness. FFS. 

Ashe with default skin: feeder.

Ashe with different skin: fucking beast.  Might still feed.  why so serious?

I play default skin Ashe like a beast

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/487265/
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: June 16, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

swamp poop
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: June 16, 2012, 05:41:14 PM

Why do you build Kayle that way, and how do you skill her?

Honest question because I love Kayle but I never see anyone build her the way I do.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: June 16, 2012, 05:52:16 PM

Why do you build Kayle that way, and how do you skill her?

Honest question because I love Kayle but I never see anyone build her the way I do.

I was just experimenting with a tanky build, though I did make the mistake of starting with a prospectors item there.
Rasix

Reply #919 on: June 26, 2012, 10:09:44 AM

Been playing a new smurf to get a feel for the game after not playing for a while.  Such a cess pool.  Every game is riddled with AFKs and leavers.

Still, having some fun with champs I never play like Teemo and Kayle.  Kayle is a massive lane bully.  She's a little more difficult to hard carry with than Teemo.  Teemo snowballs pretty hard at this scrub/fake-scrub level.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #920 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:52 AM

Teemo snowballs big time even in ranked, unless played by a muppet. Kayle can be just fucking shutdown levels.

I played a blind pick game last night as MF and saw a Leona on the opposite team do a serious skullfucking. She repeatedly would just lock me down and have her way with me. After playing Graves or Caitlyn for so long as the ranged ad carry, I forgot just how squishy MF is.

Rasix

Reply #921 on: June 30, 2012, 12:19:22 AM

Had some guy with the new Pulsefire Ezreal skin in a game with my smurf.  He proceeded to build a wriggles, boots of swiftness and a manamune...  

Money well spent.  Facepalm
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:22:37 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: June 30, 2012, 05:23:58 AM

So while trying to make tank kayle, I said screw it and made this kayle instead.

It's actually very effective in dominion, I can shred the crap out of the opponents defensive stats in a very short amount of time.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: June 30, 2012, 08:35:10 AM

My typical Kayle build is full AS with Zerks, Malady, WE, IS, Kitae's, Cleaver, the philosophy being that you don't need to be tanky if nobody can live through three seconds of your autoattacks. Something like Thornmail  (maybe Frozen Heart too) help a lot with tanky dps though and taking tank masteries seems to be very useful for bullying, especially bottom lane, so it's not a perfect philosophy. I wouldn't buy Abyssal Scepter since mages are generally best dealt with by just piling on more damage.

Then again, your thing seems to be working out well for you. I might try it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:22:50 AM by ezrast »
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: June 30, 2012, 09:03:44 AM

My typical Kayle build is full AS with Zerks, Malady, WE, IS, Kitae's, Cleaver, the philosophy being that you don't need to be tanky if nobody can live through three seconds of your autoattacks. Something like Thornmail  (maybe Frozen Heart too) help a lot with tanky dps though and taking tank masteries seems to be very useful for bullying, especially bottom lane, so it's not a perfect philosophy. I wouldn't by Abyssal Scepter since mages are generally best dealt with by just piling on more damage.

Then again, your thing seems to be working out well for you. I might try it.

The last two items are kind of a toss up. My core build is the first four items. My masteries are 21 / 9 / 0, taking both armor and magic pen and some tanky talents. I use attack speed reds, armor yellows, magic resist per level glyphs and move speed quints. Im thinking of adding a gunblade at the end to see how well that works, but the extra survivability throws people for a loop and helps.
Rasix

Reply #925 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:33 PM

Team I just queued with says Kayle is support only.   Facepalm

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: July 01, 2012, 04:06:27 PM

Team I just queued with says Kayle is support only.   Facepalm

That reminds me, on one of the featured streams on the front page, I noticed a game with kayle in it. I thought to have a look in there to see how the "pros" do it. Went in, surprised to see a dominion game, I click on kayle and see her doing miserably. Getting caught constantly, building crappy items, but the point is why was there a dominion game on the browser? Is dominion being plated competitively now?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: July 02, 2012, 07:54:18 AM

Yeah, just tell them Dyrus play critamat (crit + tiamat) Kayle in tournaments, and all is well.

There's Dominate Dominion, which I've watched once or twice, and was really fun. (and wow, are they good at dominion)

Also: Revive, the most powerful summoner spell in Dominion. Who knew?
Rasix

Reply #928 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:02 AM

Yeah, just tell them Dyrus play critamat (crit + tiamat) Kayle in tournaments, and all is well.

There's Dominate Dominion, which I've watched once or twice, and was really fun. (and wow, are they good at dominion)

Also: Revive, the most powerful summoner spell in Dominion. Who knew?

I asked them if they watched a lot of competitive LoL.  

"Tons."   Facepalm

Me playing AP mid on my smurf is just cheating, especially during LeBlanc free week.  Most free week LeBlanc's don't even harass with their Q.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:18:37 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #929 on: July 02, 2012, 08:42:17 AM

Last game I went from having a 4-0 kogmaw bottom and a 6-0 team total o losing horribly all because one guy HAD to play graves bot lane with me and spent the whole game complaining about his lag. ><

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #930 on: July 02, 2012, 08:55:16 AM

Wait, Graves and Kog'maw bot? Why... why would you even do that? Granted, you could pump out some major damage, but Kog's sustain is often shit early game and Graves won't help that one bit. I assume he was last pick and just didn't want to do anything else?

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:16 AM

non draft unfortunately. I was 4-0 literally 5min into the game too. Their bot shen/teemo were that dumb.  we should have had our shen go bot and graves top but graves insisted on bot, also that i was stealing all his kills, which made me faceplam cause they all came from him facechecking the bush and me bailing him out.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: July 05, 2012, 05:28:18 PM

Holy crap malphite is fun, landing that perfect ult is satisfying, and by the sounds of it Malphite Agrees with me.

Movement speed quints + initiatior + move speed relic + Q = tough as hell tank with a decently damaging AOE / debuff and self steroid zipping around all over the f'ing place.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:21 PM

You know whats fun about getting stuck with a dumb teammate that blames you for his bad play? Getting to play against him and mopping the floor with him in the next game.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48093114/RetardXII.jpg

It's the Galio, we had a bad team but he wasn't very good himself when I played with him. He never initiated fights and always just hunted last kills. Bragged about his 1700 ELO but fails to realize that means dick in dominion. Call's me bad all game and ignores the twitch who gets caught in obvious traps. Anyway, next game we play together, he trash talks all by calling me a pussy then muting me... and my team proceeds to stomp his. He does a poor job again and then afks for about half the match.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #934 on: August 31, 2012, 07:09:48 PM

So I played for the very first time tonight.  Took Teemo out for a couple romps vs the AI beginner.  I think I did well...died plenty enough to learn how to kite in and out, but once I got the hang of things and bought the right gear I was doing pretty well.

Will have to play some more and see what's what.  Maybe take Katarina out next.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: September 01, 2012, 05:09:05 PM

Had some more fun with Teemo.  Making progress; just had my first game where I killed a bot before it killed me  awesome, for real

Judging by the lack of activity here, is anyone still playing this?  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
OandA
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:40 PM

Had some more fun with Teemo.  Making progress; just had my first game where I killed a bot before it killed me  awesome, for real

Judging by the lack of activity here, is anyone still playing this?  why so serious?
[/quote
Right now I play GW2, but I drop in for a few games every now and then.

And now "STOP PLAYING BOT GAMES"  awesome, for real

<--- Helm@work
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #937 on: September 01, 2012, 10:40:56 PM

I play at least one game every day. Handle is HaemishM.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: September 02, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

I play a game a day or so. My summoner name is Goumindong and I hang out  in the f13 chat channel when I am on, though I am only ever the only one in there [I have join on start and don't really care to change it]
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: September 05, 2012, 10:26:14 AM

New week, so new free champ rotation.  Currently going back and forth between Vayne and Cait; I seem to have quite the knack for these AD Carry types  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #940 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:12 PM

AD carry is probably the most straight forward role. Stand back, pick target, build up AD/ArmPen/Crits/AS (depending on champ), melt faces. Hardest part is learning when not to be too aggressive.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: September 05, 2012, 04:49:57 PM

New week, so new free champ rotation.  Currently going back and forth between Vayne and Cait; I seem to have quite the knack for these AD Carry types  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I saw you get smoked by that Darius today

If you're looking for a cheap ADC to pick up, Ashe is 450 IP and plays similarly to Cait [less poke, more kite, less safe due to no escape] and will teach you a number of valuable lessons other carries might not. Trist is free [or 1350 Ip] if you're willing to whore yourself out on FaceBook.

Sivir is also cheap [450 IP] and will teach you the basics of ability weaving, which is an essential skill for many ADC's and is very strong but very unforgiving[if you can't use your spell shield effectively you can't play Sivir].

I may also be able to log onto a smurf and play with you if you're on.
Rasix

Reply #942 on: September 05, 2012, 04:58:36 PM

Legitimate noobs are unable to deal with Cait, at least they were when I started playing.  It was easy to go something like 10/0/x (and I suuuuuck at ranged AD) because you'd get stupid lane assignments against people that would just stand there and let you plink on them.  Plus, every once in a while you'd mid where you'd just hard counter most APs just based on your auto attack range.

I just hate playing ranged AD low level because there will be times where no one will support, so you have some idiot Yi eating all your CS. 

"This Ashe.  No damage"
"That's because I have no farm, dingleberry."

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:48 PM

I saw you get smoked by that Darius today

If you're looking for a cheap ADC to pick up, Ashe is 450 IP and plays similarly to Cait [less poke, more kite, less safe due to no escape] and will teach you a number of valuable lessons other carries might not. Trist is free [or 1350 Ip] if you're willing to whore yourself out on FaceBook.

Sivir is also cheap [450 IP] and will teach you the basics of ability weaving, which is an essential skill for many ADC's and is very strong but very unforgiving[if you can't use your spell shield effectively you can't play Sivir].

I may also be able to log onto a smurf and play with you if you're on.

Ugh, that fucking Darius was a bitch.  Even with the team all together, he smoked all of us.  Lux had his back too, so double  swamp poop swamp poop  It wasn't a matter of bad kiting or skills; the beast was just too outgeared, supported, and unstoppable.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on Tristana.  I'll give her a go :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:40:22 PM by luckton »

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #944 on: September 05, 2012, 09:07:51 PM

Also Alistar if free if you subscribe to their facebook channel. Alistar is a bit tough[not that tough once you know the secrets] to get down and also like perma banned.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: