Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359151 times)
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:46 AM

The number of heroes that can initiate better than warwick is pretty high.

Within small skirmishes Warwick can legitimately disengage. Buying small amounts of time can be extremely useful as Warwick, his Q has a moderately low CD and heals for insane amounts of health. Juking, going in/out, etc. Especially once you have blood scent activated. But this is a judgement call. Are you outnumbered? Can you stick to their carry?

Where and when you go in is again a judgement call. If you're facing a team with high amounts of AOE CC then rushing in is just going to waste your ultimate. If you're facing a team with targetted CC and they're saving it for you means that by virtue of saving your ult you are stopping them from utilising their skills.

Do not underestimate what Warwick's ultimate does. At level 18 with a wit's end it's 800 magic damage and 30% "life steal" in addition to the suppression. You can afford to get hit before you use it and you need to judge based on your team's and the opponent's team capabilities whether you want to risk sticking getting it interrupted early.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: April 28, 2012, 10:37:39 AM

Teemo's pretty fun isn't he.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #877 on: April 28, 2012, 11:34:37 AM

Yes, yes he is.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #878 on: April 28, 2012, 01:13:28 PM

His global taunt is pretty strong.  It might be hilarious to just one game build a complete tank Teemo. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #879 on: April 28, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

There's nothing quite like seeing a guy who just killed one of your teammates and escaped with a sliver or health run directly into the bush where you dropped a mushroom and die. I had to buy the Cottontail Teemo when it was on sale this past week because it's just so damn silly.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: April 28, 2012, 03:25:59 PM

Well this went better than I thought. Bot with Rammus, Teemo mid and Corki/Kat top. Rammus was pretty passive, but didn't seem to do anything dumb, and really came into it late game. Their shaco was tying to solo the map, and getting in most of his kills on Corki. Not sure if he was trying to jungle or what, but he rarely had buffs and wasn't doing much to help his team. Our Kat was pretty nasty, which pulled us through.

I do love Janna though, the number of escapes she has for herself and her teammates is awesome. Not so much sustain, but in clutch situations she's awesome

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #881 on: April 30, 2012, 07:41:06 AM

So I have been having a riot the last few days as Jungle Alistar. Holy cow, have I made some insane ganks. With voice coordination and a mid that can stun and burst, I made a Cass go 0-8. Turrets/flash can't protect you from an Ali / Sion beatdown. The amount of wards I get the other team to spend is worth it alone by mid game :) I just wish I recorded some of these. What makes it even better is I have have the Black Alistar skin from pre-ordering. So awesome.

So far Ali / Sion has been best. Annie was solid. Ryze was solid as well.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:28 AM

I really need to practice the W-Q instacombo. How tough has that been for you to get?
Rasix

Reply #883 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:22 AM

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: April 30, 2012, 08:44:25 AM

I don't even try. I kill using positioning, mainly. A head butt, they try to flash out I flash on them and Pulv. Or headbutt into a wall, my buddy stuns, I knock up, they die.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #885 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:53 AM

Played with a married couple over skype. Whenever I told wife she needs to stop farming top and get in place for a teamfight, husband would have to mewlingly re-ask her while trying to avoid obvious interpersonal conflict over telling her what to do in LoL. Whole game played as a psychological diagram of a dysfunctional relationship moreso than a game of lol.

We started getting raped about 25 minutes in because (SURPRISE) husband backed away from gently requesting his honey come back from farming side lanes when she snapped at him reflexively about messes in the kitchen as a reactive response to being criticized, so it was constantly 5v4 followed by lone guest star MF walking in late to die as well. Rinse, repeat.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: April 30, 2012, 09:10:40 AM

Most reliable way to do a WQ, especially with higher latency, is to keep W on normal cast. Click w, get in range (i.e. right click if necessary), mouse-click target and immediately press Q.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31:39 AM

Though, I may practice it for initiation purposes.... I really have done so well I don't feel like changing up too much. My new thing is deciding if I should buy Oracles right after Mobility boots just to be an even more annoying bastard.

I love how I can be underleveled by a few and still be very effective (until all cooldowns are blown). I don't feel bad for ganking so much.

The best thing is, with ult and flash I will make you die. Nothing will stop the bull.

Rasix

Reply #888 on: April 30, 2012, 10:05:21 AM

I can't play Alistar at all.  Aggressive supports are not my thing.

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10:22 AM

I can't play Alistar at all.  Aggressive supports are not my thing.

I was horrible with Ali for a long time, but something just clicked and now I have a hard time playing any other jungle. I haven't really played him as support in a long time, but I know I'll be better at him than I was just from practice with his skills (and having a proper support build).

I really need to branch out from the jungle/supp/top stuff and start practicing carries. It's been so long since I played them (I have never been dominant with them so I played what I enjoyed instead)  that I might be able to do better just from general skill improvement and game knowledge.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: April 30, 2012, 12:30:43 PM

I've been rolling recently as jungle skarner. I duo queue with a guy who plays twitch, in any lane actually, and the combo is the absolute best we've ever came up with in our 4k or so combined games. I'm absolutely floored at how well it's been working.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #891 on: April 30, 2012, 01:59:29 PM

I haven't done him as a jungler, but Alistar is just an awesome lane partner. I like playing him because my usual aggressive playstyle isn't hurt too bad by him. I even got compliments in a ranked game where I was getting constant DC's as Alistar because late game I made HUGE CC contributions to team fights.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #892 on: May 01, 2012, 09:21:43 AM

I don't know why I keep abusing myself by playing ranked. First, I'm lucky if I only have 1 or 2 queue dodgers before I get in a game. Last night's started off so well in chat, as our 1st and 3rd pick both wanted to play top and both decided to be fucking douchenozzles about it. The 1st pick finally picked Xin and set up as a jungler, and I think put our 3rd pick (who went with Teemo for top) on ignore. Lovely. He also spent all chat talking about how top will get no ganks from him. Great. I pick Cait and have a Soraka to bottom lane with me. We leash blue for the jungler, then I head to bot lane. Soraka decides she wants to grab their blue, then help our Ryze against Veigar in mid lane. That leaves me stuck bot with a Sona/Gangplank combo, who proceed to first blood my ass. I chastise Soraka in chat and she finally heads to bot, but most of the early lane game she wanders to mid, even switching with Ryze at one point. And of fucking course, at level 4, the douchejungler Xin who only tried one gank bot, disconnects and never comes back. We fought them off for a while, but the Gangplank got fed, I often ran up 2v1/3v1/3v2 in the bot lane and could never get enough good farm going to get in stride. And naturally, the team wouldn't surrender, the Teemo runs around KSing everybody but not generally doing much other than upping his kill count. Fuckers.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:24 AM

Guide to playing ranked: don't play ranked.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #894 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:11 AM

I think I must have a masochistic streak. I don't consciously think I like punching myself in the balls, but I keep trying to get out of sub-1000 elo hell.

Rasix

Reply #895 on: May 01, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Playing ranked I feel like the one nice guy in a sea of assholes.   At least in normal draft, everyone is a bit less butt hurt about what goes on and way less trolly in champ select.  Now if they'd only change the selection order in normal draft, I'd be happy for life.

Of course, now I'm rarely out of bot lane being 5th or 4th pick all of the time.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: May 01, 2012, 10:34:42 AM

I think I must have a masochistic streak. I don't consciously think I like punching myself in the balls, but I keep trying to get out of sub-1000 elo hell.

I think your best bet is to play less of a variety of champs in ranked. Focus down on a few champs, all of whom have good early snowball potential, and can dominate a game.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: May 01, 2012, 10:39:51 AM

Rasix, I see ya on quite a bit. I play around 9:30 EST (for a game or two, occasionally staying up pretty late) and usually have 1-3 other guys. We have fun games, noone gets butthurt, and we win a lot. Voice via vent or skype if that's your thing, if not no biggie. I usually run jungle. The other guys play whatever.

This is an open invite to anyone that's level 30, and is sick of dealing with idiots that aren't me.

Also, I'd like to get back to Theorycrafting some teams and running 5 mans. I'm pretty close just from my RL friends, and regular LoL buddies. Hit me up if you play around my time and would be interested.

EDIT: Hat is right. It worked for me at least. http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/solo-tier-list

Solid list of guys that can really win games.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: May 01, 2012, 11:43:17 AM

Yeah, I can't believe I've only played with you the once, Slayerik. I'll totally hit you up more. I've been playing mostly games with redditors, and it's nice and relaxing. I'm on a decent streak in ranked too, but I keep to only duo queues with that. Having somebody to talk to helps the sanity a lot.

Rasix

Reply #899 on: May 01, 2012, 11:57:25 AM

I tend to play pretty late, anywhere from 9-10PM AZ time (PST right now).  Most aren't on when I do play. 

You were on last night Slay, I should have bugged you.  Then I know you're busy a lot with family stuff so I don't want to bug you.  I'll shoot you a tell at least next time I see you're in between games.

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: May 01, 2012, 12:11:10 PM

Yeah, I think I left the client on though (son is/was sick, only got 2 quick games in last night : ). I Quit drinking, it's been 1 month. This is my release. That and the occasional medicinal smoke. Hahah

Feel free to say hey. If I'm on the wife and kids are sleeping and I get some Slay time!

Probably best to do this fairly soon as I imagine I'll be pretty hooked on D3 (which I'll also be quite game to roll with y'all in)

Rasix

Reply #901 on: May 01, 2012, 12:13:52 PM

I'll be in Tel Aviv starting Thursday until next Sunday.  Then, yah, D3 in a few days.  I'll be there with you.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

For low ELO, I think the best strat is to hope for your best champ in your best role, because that's all you're ever going to go against.  People have a really limited champion pool they're comfortable with at low ELO but can actually be pretty damn decent with them.  Don't worry too much about counter picking or being counter picked.  It's just whomever can get the early lead and prevent their team from throwing too hard.  

Also a certainty in low ELO, when your lane partner goes MIA: some dipshit on your team that doesn't ward is going to die.  

edit: 

Until I get better with certain champs, I think my roster for ranked is:

Top:  Irelia, GP, Olaf, Udyr, Wukong
Mid: Ryze, Swain (pretty sure I could Gragas or Ziggs if the team comp is OK for it)
AD carry:  Cait, Kog (during free week)
Support: Soraka, Taric, Lulu
Jungle: Udyr, Olaf, GP

Many other champs that I have and can kind of play.  Some that I'm rusty with.  Dusting off a champ in ranked is a good way to feed, however.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:23:04 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #902 on: May 01, 2012, 11:48:30 PM

First bad mannered team in a long time.  I was playing Cait and got zoned really hard by a Graves/Soraka combo.  I pretty much couldn't CS at all and got no jungle support.

Janna: "You should have let me AD"
Me: "I asked in champ select and you didn't say a goddamn thing" (this is after a whole lot of shit from this Janna)
Janna: "Ohh, now it's my fault"
Janna: "Fucking premades"
Me: "I'm not in their premade."

Plus Janna was giving me minute by minute updates on how far ahead Graves was. Meanwhile, she's trying to actively take CS and is tornado'ing pretty much every wave.  Then turret goes down and with Soraka, Graves freezes the lane deep.  WEEE. 

And you know what? Still had highest CS on team and only died once.  Fucking kids. Love it when the premade takes every solo role and sticks two solos at bot.  Never goes well, especially when their first picks are the bot lane.

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: May 02, 2012, 06:31:19 AM

Janna: "You should have let me AD"
Me: "I asked in champ select and you didn't say a goddamn thing" (this is after a whole lot of shit from this Janna)
Janna: "Ohh, now it's my fault"

Yes, it is his fault.  swamp poop

My favorite are always the people who just say they were AFK the entire time for champion select like that is a viable excuse to screw up all the picks and just lock in a last second 5th pick demanding a lane/role that someone already filled.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: May 23, 2012, 11:47:18 PM

I just went like 17-4-9 with Cass in ranked, I've been on a tear, up to 1563 elo now. Up until mid game I was 1-1-2, then I just went off on everyone. Got a quadra kill that would have been a penta but their ashe ran away, then got another quadra, then their entire team chased me across half the map for 30 seconds while I kited them all, doing 50% damage to each of them while my team destroyed their base.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #905 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:25 AM

Nice!  I have played in 3 weeks.  I'm almost afraid to drop back in, although this latest patch addressed one of my biggest gripes (pick order in Normal draft).  Now that I've beaten D3, perhaps it's time..

-Rasix
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:09 AM

I started playing a few weeks ago on EUW. Really enjoying it so far.
Vayne is my main char for now, quite easy to be good with, but still a long while to go before I get everything out of Condemn. First Pentakill was a rush :).
From the current free rotation, I played mostly Varus and Volibear. As I'm leveling I do notice that games tend to be over more quickly. In several of my last games I was doing very OK in my lane, and about 20 minutes in the other team starts to completely dominate the game.
BTW, anyone has any idea why the majority of Ashe players are such dicks?
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:03 AM

Probably because the majority of players are dicks and everybody can afford the 450ip for Ashe.  awesome, for real
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #908 on: May 24, 2012, 01:22:05 PM

Ashe players like it when they get those arrow hits all the way across the map. It makes them feel like genius badasses. When they fail, they like to blame other players for not standing still or for running the wrong way... but they can't do so because it makes them sound insane.

Instead they get very, very bitter and complain about everything else. Like somebody stealing their last kills when they KNOW that Ashe would get 5 more gold for them than they do.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #909 on: May 24, 2012, 01:25:40 PM

I've actually found most Ashe players to be absolutely mute. They so rarely talk in my games.

I've been trying a number of champs lately. Shaco can be quite fun but also frustrating as hell. My first game with him I went like 0/14/5 or something, just atrocious numbers. Then I got better, though I'm nowhere near being ready to take him into ranked even at my shitty elo level. I got Amumu but still don't quite get him yet. Olaf is a goddamn beast. He may be my new favorite top.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: