Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356858 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #805 on: March 20, 2014, 11:09:43 AM

Dear God, I don't think I have ever wanted a group of people to contract fast-acting crotchrot so much in my life. Jumped into a solo queue non-ranked game as lunch to play around with Karthus. Team comp was Kennen (admitted first time Kennen), Yi, Olaf and Nocturne with my Karthus. Keenen called mid so I let him and went bot. Barely literate Yi is jungling which he doesn't tell me until I ask after I'm already in lane. Olaf and Noc go top. I waltz out into the middle of the lane (not even face-checking a bush) and get immediately ganked by a Nocturne/Vayne combo. Look around and see Noc and Olaf fucking about top against a solo Gangplank (they had a Maokai jungling and Teemo mid). I said that I cannot handle a 2v1 bot lane so please someone come down now. NOTHING. Silence. Of course, I get killed again just trying to get some CS. I'm starting to get pissed and ask for help again. Nope. Nada. At this point, I'm so pissed off I just say "Fuck it." I don't even bother worrying about getting killed the rest of the game, just getting CS and doing damage and fucking about. Final score was like 2/13/7 or something equally vile. Anytime someone bitches about Nocturne being fed, I point out again that I asked for help and got ignored, but with much more colorful language.

Either Olaf spoke no English or was just a complete fucking retard. None of them looked to be that good a player. Yi stops jungling a few times to try a gank bot lane WHEN I'M DEAD and gets melted 2v1 twice. It was just a comedy of total retardism in action.

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: March 20, 2014, 11:34:59 AM

Well with Karthus if you're getting ganked early just go necro. Stop getting last hits on champ kills and build entirely for tower diving. His Defile aura is a beast at pushing lanes in mid/late game and with his passive death still allows him to soften up the opposition enough for them to be nervous about sticking around.

I've won a lot of games as Karth with high CS and the world's saddest K/D ratio. If the team tells you to stop feeding explain you're playing "Necro" Karthus and that you're not even worth any gold anymore. They may continue to piss and moan, but so be it... you'll see your results. Just be careful using his ult for assists, though, because if you get the last hit on a champ kill it resets your death reward to 300.

You can play the same way with other heavy pushers, (Sivir, for example) but Karth's 7 seconds of doom just make it extra fun on him.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #807 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:32 AM

If you're getting pounded in some unreasonable scenario like that, just let the tower go down.  Perhaps let both towers go and just freeze the lane way back in your territory.  Sure they get to roam now, but if they want to CS, your inept jungler and mid have a lot of room to gank and they'll have a long way to get out.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #808 on: March 20, 2014, 12:10:27 PM

Oh I did. I let the lane come back to the second tower. The Yi couldn't gank for shit, nor do much of anything else it seems. And my mid was too busy not getting killed by the Teemo (and not pushing mid either). Fuck if I know what the goddamn Olaf or Nocturne were doing.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #809 on: March 22, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

You ever have one of those games where you're doing well, not great, but well enough to not be a complete drain on your team... and then another lane drags you and your entire team down with it?

Yeah, that was me in a ranked game last night. I picked Gangplank, went top with a Singed. Mid was Leblanc, bot lane was Xin Zhao and Lulu. Singed and I faced off against a Sion who didn't seem to be all that good and their Lee Sin was jungling and came in for the occasional unsuccessful gank. We actually killed Lee once and Sion twice and I got one of the kills. I hadn't even died. I went back to buy stuff at one point and I see Lulu saying in chat that they are getting raped bot. So I figured I'd go help.

And thus began the end. Those two were fucking awful. In addition, they were faced off against a very canny Alistar/Vayne combo, and instead of harrassing Vayne, they seemed to just get knocked airborne, then knocked back then dead. And it happened to me. The lane just kept getting worse, and all my attempts to help just fucked all the other lanes and left me with a buttload more deaths than I should have taken. We should have surrendered at 20 but we didn't, and even when we finally caught up in levels, we still got owned hard in team fights because they had so much better items. Whereas if I'd stayed in my lane instead of helping the mental midgets, it might not have gotten so bad.

Lesson fucking learned.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: March 22, 2014, 11:27:53 AM

You ever have one of those games where you're doing well, not great, but well enough to not be a complete drain on your team... and then another lane drags you and your entire team down with it?

Pretty much describes most of my games.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #811 on: March 22, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

Yeah, that was me in a ranked game last night. I picked Gangplank, went top with a Singed. Mid was Leblanc, bot lane was Xin Zhao and Lulu. Singed and I faced off against a Sion who didn't seem to be all that good and their Lee Sin was jungling and came in for the occasional unsuccessful gank. We actually killed Lee once and Sion twice and I got one of the kills. I hadn't even died. I went back to buy stuff at one point and I see Lulu saying in chat that they are getting raped bot. So I figured I'd go help.

And thus began the end. Those two were fucking awful. In addition, they were faced off against a very canny Alistar/Vayne combo, and instead of harrassing Vayne, they seemed to just get knocked airborne, then knocked back then dead. And it happened to me. The lane just kept getting worse, and all my attempts to help just fucked all the other lanes and left me with a buttload more deaths than I should have taken. We should have surrendered at 20 but we didn't, and even when we finally caught up in levels, we still got owned hard in team fights because they had so much better items. Whereas if I'd stayed in my lane instead of helping the mental midgets, it might not have gotten so bad.

Lesson fucking learned.

If you can handle it, or somewhat enjoy it, find a good jungler (sorry, I can't remember if you stated hating it or not). There have been games where I have babysat a bad lane to victory, basically.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #812 on: March 22, 2014, 11:49:20 AM

Better feeling than going 11/6/13 (was 9/2 angry), winning your lane hard, team having a kill lead the entire game, and then seeing your botlane go 0/18 and make winning team fights impossible. How the fuck does a Vayne go 0/10?

Ohh and that Galio that you had down 0/4 and dominated? Finished 8/5.  Argh!  "Hey guys, there's Galio!  You know, it's a bad idea to bunch up like that.. yep, yep.. that was bad."

I swear, I get these premade that act all concerned about giving me a solo lane. I kick ass and their botlane always feeds to high hell.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #813 on: March 22, 2014, 11:52:16 AM

I seriously thought about jungling with GP in that game, and even had Singed leash me the blue to start the game. But I always feel bad about my jungling because I really don't do it well, I'm always behind in levels and so my ganks aren't remotely effective. The team really could have used a tank or a bot lane that didn't just get cockpunched from the get go.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: March 22, 2014, 02:07:24 PM

I know I keep bragging about my Mordekaiser games, but this one steals the cake.

I spent the last 5 minutes at their Nexus and it was basically fisticuffs against them coming at me in pairs or solo. They never figured that I always have enough minions around to refresh my shields, regen my health with spellvam AND do tons of damage to them if they let me position myself.

And they always ignore the Souls I steal. Why would you ignore your own ranged AD carry plinking at you while you go after me ?

I recently learned to appreciate the shield Mordekaiser gets, it is like a supermean Sunfire Cape and even outdamages the self heal of Warwick. Sick.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: March 22, 2014, 04:13:36 PM

Went bot lane as Lulu with a vayne against a sion/yi and we just dominated bot lane.  Mid and top did ok but we were 6/1 in bot lane alone before the first tower dropped.  I think a lot of people just aren't used to what lulu can do, also once I learned to combo her E with her Q, her long ranged harass is SICK, put your fairy on an enemy creep and just blast away from a safe distance with impunity.
Ended that game 5/0/20

Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: March 24, 2014, 06:48:41 PM

Went bot lane as Lulu with a vayne against a sion/yi and we just dominated bot lane.  Mid and top did ok but we were 6/1 in bot lane alone before the first tower dropped.  I think a lot of people just aren't used to what lulu can do, also once I learned to combo her E with her Q, her long ranged harass is SICK, put your fairy on an enemy creep and just blast away from a safe distance with impunity.
Ended that game 5/0/20

Just bought Olaf.

I like losing despite having the entire enemy team literally running just from you.

Still he's a lot of fun once you get the hang of him, The axe is useful as a bush checking tool, but the slow leaves much to be desired.
Rasix

Reply #817 on: March 24, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

Heh, it's funny, I don't think I've ever gotten 20+ kills in a game yet.  

I just got asked to dodge because I picked Urgot for ranged ad.  Mmm, k.  Wasn't looking forward to the game as they were going to support me with Fiddle.

edit: Ohh, dominion.  Wasn't playing attention there.  

3-0 Lulu now. She can just rock a team fight like no one's business.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:57:07 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: March 25, 2012, 09:20:52 AM

Heh, it's funny, I don't think I've ever gotten 20+ kills in a game yet.  

I just got asked to dodge because I picked Urgot for ranged ad.  Mmm, k.  Wasn't looking forward to the game as they were going to support me with Fiddle.

edit: Ohh, dominion.  Wasn't playing attention there.  

3-0 Lulu now. She can just rock a team fight like no one's business.

Everytime I try to play summoners rift in a pug I just want to drown something.

I dont know what's so bad about dominion though that it causes en masse bitching. It's actually helped to teach me to keep track of team fights better.
Rasix

Reply #819 on: March 25, 2012, 09:28:29 AM

Ohh, I've got nothing against Dominion.  I just don't play it.  No clue how things flow there or what's normal. 

I could probably benefit from playing it.  My ability to track my champs and position in team fights is fucking atrocious.   Some games it's good, but some games it's just beyond horrid.  I think this is partially why I'm so bad at ranged AD.  Only ranged AD I'm decent with in this respect is Kog, just because I'm always so conscious of where he is due to his fragility.

-Rasix
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: March 25, 2012, 02:24:09 PM

I'm so tired of everyone obsessing with trying to make their team match the current meta in normals. Immediately after getting queue-dodged because I was going to play Lee-sin top with a jungle Amumu and "Lee-sin sucks in lane" I ran straight into another idiotic player. Our Fiora and Lulu called bot, and our Ashe refused to play mid because "ashe sucks mid". Ashe was the one of the best mids in the game for over year! In most player's minds at this point, the only possible combo for bottom lane is ranged AD and a support. The ashe wanted me to play mid instead (Galio) and make our Fiora play top even though the Lulu/Fiora were a pre-made.

The ashe finally gives up bitching about what our team must do because it's what everyone else does, and we proceed to annihilate the other team.

Fiora/Lulu easily beat a MF/Soraka combo bot. Ashe does well against Cass mid because anyone with Boots can. Morde can't do anything vs my Galio top because Galio encourages heavy MR builds. His frequent Siphon use to keep up with my Resolute Smite poking pushes my lane up and opens him to a few easy ganks from our jungle WW.

After they conceded at the 25min mark I looked at our Ashe's match history: almost completely fully of losses with characters that are considered 'strong' in the current metagame.

I run into these idiots every day and as a consequence, most games play out exactly the same. It really seems like when I stopped playing (~6 months ago) people weren't so obsessed with 'popular' lane combos and the game was less boring as a result.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:28:10 PM by Rokal »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: March 25, 2012, 02:34:08 PM

I'm so tired of everyone obsessing with trying to make their team match the current meta in normals

The skill gap is so big in normals that the far and away most important thing is just not sucking.  However, most people suck and when they lose blame it on not following the meta game instead of actually learning to play better.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #822 on: March 25, 2012, 05:50:42 PM

I'm so tired of everyone obsessing with trying to make their team match the current meta in normals.

I understand exactly what you're talking about (and this is why I like playing Dominion these days). But a lot of this is people just sick and frustrated of games with uncooperative or terrible teammates, trying to defend themselves from

AP YI MID OR I FEED

And you know, defined roles give people a base.

Because for every game where a bunch of non-traditional roles work well, there's somebody who doesn't really want to play support or jungler 5th, and blows the game up.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: March 25, 2012, 06:24:07 PM

To be fair Lulu/Anyone is a good combo.

I was on a fairly losing game, mid and top both died repeatedly but me and jax bot held and then started to snowball at 6.  Ended the game as lulu with 11/3/23

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #824 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:31 PM

Unless the Lulu or the player they are with sucks. I saw a Lulu/Xin Xhao combo just get DESTROYED bottom lane, to the point where I had to try to help the lane and got destroyed along with them.

Even in ranked, not following the meta is heavily frowned on, and every ranked game I've been in has been full of bitchy, whiny mongoloids who will blame their losses on everything but their own poor play.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #825 on: March 25, 2012, 08:53:51 PM

Unless the Lulu or the player they are with sucks. I saw a Lulu/Xin Xhao combo just get DESTROYED bottom lane, to the point where I had to try to help the lane and got destroyed along with them.

Even in ranked, not following the meta is heavily frowned on, and every ranked game I've been in has been full of bitchy, whiny mongoloids who will blame their losses on everything but their own poor play.

Ironically I JUST finished a game with me(lulu) and xin vs a gargoyle(why cant i remember his name?) and MF.  We did...ok, traded a couple deaths but not terrible, xin is definitely not the best lane partner for her.

Rasix

Reply #826 on: March 25, 2012, 11:10:19 PM

I've done something terribly wrong, and tonight is my punishment.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: March 26, 2012, 01:45:06 AM

Just did a Fiora/Lulu bot and as Fiora had a ball with the Lulu support.

Waiting for the nerf

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: March 26, 2012, 05:01:10 AM

More and more I find that her Q/E combo is deadly when done right. Just the extra range and complete safety it gives. Not to mention if you drop pix on someone then shoot your Q in the direction they are running, they will run right into the laser being fired off your own shoulder. It's just so satisfying to turn your enemies into your own personal turrets.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #829 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:46 AM

I've done something terribly wrong, and tonight is my punishment.  awesome, for real

Win a few in a row and be prepared for a few losses.

Just the way it goes in my experience.
Rasix

Reply #830 on: March 27, 2012, 12:26:04 AM

Ended up being a 5 game drop before I got two in a row back.  Whenever I go too far over 50%, I seem to start drawing in the muppets.  Luckily after my last loss, I requeued and got the shitty jungler, shitty ranged AD (now top), and bad mid from my last game on the other team this time.  YAY.  I haven't seen a Kennen that plays him worse than I do, but that guy was possibly close.  

Now that Blitz free week is done, bot lane might be a bit less annoying.  Although, next week is free Urgot week.  I can't wait to see my ranged AD carries stand perfectly still so crab man can land his gas canister and harass them out of lane.

edit: Playing Soraka as a bully is a lot of fun when you actually can.   E + Q spam can really wreck face if they don't react to it properly.   Ended up bullying a Kog/Blitz lane with Vayne/Soraka.  That shouldn't happen.  *Beep boop* missed pull.

Also, Soraka is best played sparingly.  Maining her gets really boring, but she's great as a change up.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:20:45 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:58 PM

So, I haven't played alone in quite a while, decided to do a blink pick, we had a decent makeup.  I choose Vayne and figure I'll be bottom with Lux because that seems reasonable.   The the mundo insisted on not soloing top once we get in game because he hasn't played him much before and so I ended up having to solo top Vayne.  You can imagine how that went.  And then I remember why I never play alone anymore, always good to have those reminders.
Rasix

Reply #832 on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

I've played ranged AD top before (Kog), it's not that bad.  At least Vayne has her tumble, a knockback and pretty decent harass.  And her range would be less of an issue up there.  

Of course, when I tried Kog I got a very favorable matchup against Vlad.  Easy to zone. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #833 on: March 31, 2012, 10:17:21 AM

LoL is really strange for me lately. I have either one of two types of games. If I'm playing ranked, I'm usually terrible, a drag on a team full of whiny shitbags who may only be slightly better at the game than I. If I play solo normal blind pick, I'm the best player on the team and carry us to victory or keep us in the game longer than we deserve. I've been learning Wukong in normal, and I am just raping people with him. My game last night, I was killing bottom lane with a derp fucktarded Yi who face checked into bad situations multiple times that resulted in me getting kills over his dead body. He even had Derp in the title and started being a shithead in char selection chat because people wanted him to choose an AP because we were so AD heavy. Between me, the non-English-speaking Volibear and Annie we were doing well despite our Xin and the Yi being a complete waste of space. Then the Xin ragequits because he's been sucking so hard, the Yi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and despite me getting at least a kill sometimes two out of team fights, 3v5 really isn't conducive to victory.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #834 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:43 AM

Jesus Christ, this is my hell of a life in unranked games lately.

The Karthus asks to be mid and I relent. I'm a nice guy. Be nice. Be nice.

Fuck. Karthus gets absolutely SHIT ON by Morgana mid. I can't say it would have been much different for me but it was really fucking terrible. Graves and I are doing a decent job bot lane against a not that great Karthus/Poppy combo. I'm up 3/1 by level 8 and Karthus is just whining that he can't win mid. So seeing as how Graves and I just took down the bot turret, I decide to come help him out. And the two of us get immediately rolled by Morgana. Finally, I decide to look at her level and see she's level FUCKING 12 while Karthus is 7, she's got over 100 CS while he's in the 30's. Just goddamn abysmal. The two of us try again and get steamrolled again and I say "F mid, I'm going bot again." Unfortunately, Graves has not been able to hold down the fort and it just starts to go HORRIBLY wrong. The Kong/Singed combo up top apparently didn't do much better but shit, it isn't like they could do much worse than the mid lane. The team immediately tries to surrender at 20, but I stall them for a few votes, mainly because I don't have time on my lunch hour to piss away one game and start another. Finally though they get 4 votes which didn't matter much because we weren't lasting much longer anyway.

Best player on my team, doing really well, try to go help some poor retard and the whole team just cascades into shit. The Wukong might have been ok but I never got enough of a glimpse of him to see it. He spent most of the game whining because I wouldn't surrender.

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:00 PM

I always vote for surrender when it comes up unranked. I'd rather by far have a short loss than the long painful slog of a possible win. Spending more time in what anybody on the team considers a lousy game is just asking for more of their grief.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: April 05, 2012, 02:10:49 AM

Was playing Dominion (blind pick) and got a Rammus/Teemo duo who built nothing but boots, Shurelia's, and Zeals. I got a little annoyed because they were constantly running off while the rest of us fought for points and died 2v4, but eventually won anyway due to massive cheese.

Next two games, they wound up on the enemy team. I tattled their strat, corralled the team into playing heavy D, and beat them both times. Was a couple of close games, and I'm not sure we would have done it if not for having a global ult both times (GP then Ezreal). Makes me wonder what else you could do with that idea to move it a little bit beyond just all-in MS cheese.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #837 on: April 10, 2012, 08:15:15 AM

Actually played a bit last night, dominated first game as Jungle Cho...and had a rough go vrs. Riven up top as Singed. I proceeded to armor up and handle it, though.

I need to play more champs I think...I just find myself not wanting to embarrass myself or do bad, but in the end who cares?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #838 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:49 AM

You know, I just play Dominion a few times with a champ, then take them into SR. That lets me get past the first part of the "what the heck do I do in a team fight" learning curve.

Actually, I generally just play Dominion these days. I really only play SR with arranged 5s. Sometimes I'll duo queue ranked, but even that tries my patience.

It's fast. It's fun.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:32 PM

So, picked this up last Friday... fun game.  Played the shit out of coop, got to know Shen, played my first 3 pvp games today:

Game one:  Got run over.

Game two:  We had one player not make into game until minute five, but the opposing side had a disconnect later.  Went 10/1/15 or something silly like that on Shen, and had the kill lead.  It's fucking laughable when you are so overleveled and overgeared that 3 guys will only haltingly chase you when you are standing in front of their nexus, because they know I will beat on them and run away a short distance to regen the little health they knocked off.

It's hilarious when one of the after match excuses by the opposing team was "shen was fucking unreal that game".  Didn't have the heart to tell them it was my second pvp game.

Game three:  Strange.  A Teemo and a melee champ were playing games in the bushes in bottom, and kept getting the edge in the down-to-your-fingernails fights.  Their side had to recall and our side had to rez.  Pretty much ignored minions.  Me and our Teemo hit mobs and did alot of running.  Things started to settle out as we'd push a tower and farm while the oppos ran around trying to score kills.

Despite still being negative K/D, the other side surrendered after they were pushed up to their inner towers and we started mowing them down and sticking together.

It's amazing how prevalent AIS (aggressive internet strategy) is in this game.... 

Sit in your fucking lane, get last hits, don't worry about anyone until you've outleveled and outgeared them enough you can score easy kills without having to recall back to rest up.  I'm not even sure that strategy even really matters at this level of play.

Also, I fucked up two straight 4 booster Sealed drafts on MODO so I'm staying away from that while I recover from the pain of $32 down the drain.  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: