Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356933 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #770 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:29 PM

Shen! You're a solo top player. Take the flavor of the month solo top.

I am in spirit at least.  1 out of my last 10 games has been top and that was the surprise Kog'maw top.  He's banned like 90% of the games I see anyhow.

Interesting looking at my last 10 played:

1 top (1-0)  3/1/1
2 jungle (1-1) 4/9/21 *barf*
2 mid (1-1) 12/8/22
2 ranged AD (1-1) 5/5/3
3 support  (1-2) 1/6/29

Maybe I should play ranked.. heh.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:26:56 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #771 on: March 13, 2012, 08:50:22 PM

I've been playing blind more recently because I've wanted to make sure I get the champ I want. Draft takes a bit longer and I haven't necessarily seen a better "class" of player, but at least in the team selection chat they tend to talk about what should be banned and what should be taken.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #772 on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:02 PM

a better "class" of player
You are supposed to find them in "ranked" draft, not sure you can access that yet, last time I saw you on you were lvl 29.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Rasix

Reply #773 on: March 13, 2012, 10:34:39 PM

You'll find less trolly behavior with normal draft.  The overall skill level seems to vary more as you get a lot of premades.  Some people really end up having to carry their less talented amigos and apparently do it constantly.  I got to be 5th pick for this same group (one game they had 3, one was 4 after their other friend got on) and only one of them wasn't a complete waste of space.  One game I supported their Ashe that was down 120 cs to Vayne at the 20-25 minute mark and the other I had to ranged AD bot with a Janna that started with a dorans ring and never bought any wards.  That same Ashe managed to go 0/7 top as Irelia.  Their lone decent guy played pretty good every game, but they were awful. They even manged to counter picked themselves on occasion. I wish I could remember who they ran Nasus against top in the first game, I managed to burst out laughing when I saw it (looked it up, it was Olaf).

Got to play top tonight.  YAY.  Was going to try Yorick, but realized my team had 0 damage already.  I wasn't sure how my Irelia would do against Renekton, but it was a bit of a laugher.  Guy never got me below 50% hp.  I would have had a really absurd score, but the Vlad kept last hitting everyone.  The funny thing is, I thought this game was over before the minions even spawned.  Vlad walked right into all 5 of them parked outside of blue and Mumu, not paying attention, did the same damn thing.  We had to hold them off blue and even had to go back to releash as blue reset.  I was down a level and 2 assists before even getting my first last hit.  Crazy shit.  We only finished up 22/19 in kills, but at the team fights weren't even close.  Our bot got reamed, but it didn't seem to matter.  Fun game.  Better nerf Irelia.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #774 on: March 14, 2012, 11:01:30 AM

How is the order determined in draft mode?

I'm tired of playing support because of last pick.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: March 14, 2012, 11:05:42 AM

How is the order determined in draft mode?

I'm tired of playing support because of last pick.

Don't pick support then. Pick something fun, run Blitz with your AD or something. Grin

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

Reply #776 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:27 AM

In normal draft it's:

Group of jackasses
ELO of remaining solo players. (GUESSING HERE).

Highest pick I've ever been in normal draft is 3. I'm usually 5 as you get a lot of 4 man premades. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #777 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:32 AM

I was actually #1 pick once during draft picks, but it's been rare.

Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #778 on: March 15, 2012, 03:09:49 AM

Megrim, Schpain and myself regularly play Normal Draft (with one of us ALWAYS taking first slot) and will readily agree with Rasix that we are, in fact, a group of jackasses.

That being said, the visceral outrage shown by some people at the slightest deviation from the agreed meta is a little baffling.

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #779 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:06 AM

Lesson of the day?

Don't pick a melee (Fizz) vs. Ryze in the mid.

It's RYZE.

/lesigh

Question: How come sometimes it's 4 bans and sometimes it's 6?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #780 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:08 AM

Megrim, Schpain and myself regularly play Normal Draft (with one of us ALWAYS taking first slot) and will readily agree with Rasix that we are, in fact, a group of jackasses.

That being said, the visceral outrage shown by some people at the slightest deviation from the agreed meta is a little baffling.

I'm not a rager, but it's impossible to not tally up everytime somebody goes off meta and then ruins a game. (AP Twitch/Yi, I'm so looking at you.)

That said, it's true that people are a bit too tight in their tier lists. Lots of Tier 3 or whatever champs are perfectly viable if you're playing them well.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #781 on: March 15, 2012, 08:49:22 AM

Played a draft game last night - got queue dodged right after everyone had selected and the game was about to launch. I'm like WTF? WHY DO YOU QUEUE DODGE NOW? Get in another queue with two of the same guys. I figured I'd take Gangplank so as not to embarrass myself too much (that's what blind pick is for). The team wanted me to jungle so I did, even though I've never jungled with him before. I had a fantastic early game, getting two successful (and lucky as fuck) ganks. Then my mid-game sucked, as I kept getting killed in team fights. However, the team really worked well and we just tore through them to end the game in less than 40 minutes with the other team surrendered right as we took down the last two turrets in front of the nexus. I learned that when Mundo is all flamy, get the fuck away from him. I really could have used a flash but you know, jungler.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:13 AM

I really could have used a flash but you know, jungler.

What were you taking if not flash/smite?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #783 on: March 15, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Smite/heal. To be honest, I actually needed the heal a few times.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:48 AM

Hmm, you really shouldn't in the new jungle route (much as heal is a nice summoner), and not having an escape/gap closer is bad news.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #785 on: March 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

I don't jungle well.  awesome, for real I'll do it if the team asks, but I'm really not good at it.

Rasix

Reply #786 on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:40 AM

I don't usually see heal on a jungler.  If there's something other than flash, it's exhaust and that's on a jungler with a built in escape mechanic (Shaco/Shyv/Shen/PigLady).  I suppose you could take ignite if they have a WW/Mundo, but there's usually at least one or two ignites on your team.   I guess if you think you're going to be heavily counter jungled.. nah, don't take heal.  Just run away once in a while, Haem.   awesome, for real

I usually run heal on an ad carry or support.  Sometimes top or mid, but it's rare.  The times mid I take it, I often end up with letting someone live where an ignite would have killed them.  Plus, if I don't take ignite top, I'd rather have teleport for dragon, split pushing, ganks (not that often for me, honestly, I'd rather farm), or just to save your fucking tower after a gank.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #787 on: March 16, 2012, 12:05:43 AM

Not a fun night.  Team totally threw a game were were up 22-10 in.  This happened right after the FP Viktor said how nice it was that we weren't talking because were we all doing so well.  Rumble gets caught in the jungle, Viktor gets caught simulatenously after that and they march up middle for the win after the ace.  Good thing our Ezreal was so confident that he bought two IEs. awesome, for real   We did really well bot, but never got jungle help so we had to buy after really long stretches in lane (fucking Soraka). 

Game before that, a group of 3 had us report their friend after he fed Fiora and then rage quit.  "Just report him, he's an asshole and yelling on Skype".

Game after the throw, I tell my team I'm bad at ranged ad, but they put me there anyways with a drunk Leona that goes 0/7.  The 2/6 Yorick, who lost his lane very badly to an Irelia (that just proceeded to fucking destroy everyone), calls me out for being 0/4.  "I told you I was bad at ranged ad."  "That you did".  Raging from him ceased.

And all of this took so long that it's too late to play ME3.   Ohhhhh, I see.  Argh!

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: March 16, 2012, 08:43:50 AM

I have decided that Ezreal free week is my least favorite thing.
Rasix

Reply #789 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:34 AM

Yah, it's awesome to land a stun and then watch your Ezreal... do nothing.   Most are just really awful. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #790 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:59 AM

Played Irelia last night in a LONG ass game (over 50 minutes). It was so long a game, I bought wriggles and soul shard then sold them both for different things because I didn't like what they were giving me (though I could have kept the wriggles). And STILL had like 3k gold when we lost the game. The only reason it lasted so long? At level 16, our Soraka just quit. No DC, just sat in the spawn with her thumb up her ass. It still took another 20 minutes after that and 2 baron runs for the other team to kill us. I finished 19/20/something or other, but many of those deaths were a case of getting CCed and focused to death like 3 and 4v1. She can just absolutely face-melt at times, especially if she gets that stun off.

Rasix

Reply #791 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:51 AM

Soul shroud? 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #792 on: March 16, 2012, 09:39:32 AM

Yeah, I had plenty of money and was looking for something with cooldown on it. Bought it, quickly regretted it, sold it for a sunfire cape.

It's only like my 4th game with Irelia after all. I'm due for some WTF moments.

Rasix

Reply #793 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11:43 PM

2 games in a row now where I won and really never thought we'd win.  First game even had 2 or 3 surrender votes that didn't pass and I was almost ready to blow up at our support Orianna.  Caught their Ashe out of position at our inhib,  and I got a triple kill that turned into tier 2 tower, inhib tower, inhib, both nexus towers and the game.  Second game their Renekton went 4-0 top before anyone was even level 6.  Luckily we had the power of the gem knight and my carry Taric (lols) was too much for them.

Taric/Fiora lane isn't that bad once Fiora hits 6.  Then if they remotely push the lane, someone's going to die.  Before then, it's a bit rough.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #794 on: March 18, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

Finally hit level 30, tried my first ranked game as Gangplank and got faceraped. Myself and an Ezreal took bot lane against a Nautilus and Fizz combo that had to be communicating on Skype. They just owned us. A lot of the time, I was by myself in the lane as Ezreal had fucked off to parts unknown.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #795 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:30 AM

I have learned 2 things from playing ranked games.

I am not nearly as good as I thought I was (which isn't really a surprise) and people in ranked games have taken the mantra "I will be a frustrated, whiny, cockgobbling shitcock at every opportunity disproving my worth as a human being" to 11.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: March 19, 2014, 09:10:21 AM

I have learned 2 things from playing ranked games.

I am not nearly as good as I thought I was (which isn't really a surprise) and people in ranked games have taken the mantra "I will be a frustrated, whiny, cockgobbling shitcock at every opportunity disproving my worth as a human being" to 11.
/ignore at first offense, makes game much more fun in my book.

edit: I might have asked this before, but why are spanish/portugese speaking players so terrible at this game ?

Rasix

Reply #797 on: March 19, 2014, 09:47:21 AM

I haven't seen a good Brazilian player since I was leveling.  Getting in a Brazilian premade is fucking hell on Earth.

1) They don't even attempt to talk to you in champ select.  If you say what you'd rather not play, chances are you'll be playing it.
2) Completely nonsensical bans.  Nonsensical team comps.  First two picks are always top and mid (often looks like top/top or mid/mid).  They don't like to jungle, ranged AD or support.
3) Mordekaiser will be first or second pick.  Yes, this is a stereotype, but it happens everytime in practice.
4) In game communication will be completely in Portuguese and they will only speak in English to insult you or the other team.
5) 90% chance FB will happen before minions spawn even without an invade.  

I wouldn't suggest diving into ranked when you first hit 30, Haem.  The 30 game is a bit different from what you get when leveling up.  It changes.  I'm still too uncommitted/chicken-shit to try.

I had a game last night where they was an extended level 1 team fight that ended with the score being 3-3 before a minion had even spawned.   awesome, for real I think I could have had multiple kills (and a level 1 ace) if just went balls out, but I was top and late to the party.  Entire game felt like an ARAM.  There was so little farm and just a shit load of fights. I got whupped in lane by Wukong as Gangplank.  He can go a lot crazier with his harass and that champ is just in a very good spot right now.  Gangplank, I'm not so sure.  His laning in general right now feels pretty bad, but if you can avoid feeding you're still an asset with your ult and late game.   Fortunately in this game, my jungler was Lee Sin, who just completely shuts Wukong down.  Hard.  It's not even funny how bad Lee destroys him.

edit: Ho shit, our botlane went 25-8 that game including a 10/5 Taric. o_O
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:19:02 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #798 on: March 19, 2014, 09:52:23 AM

I wouldn't suggest diving into ranked when you first hit 30, Haem.  The 30 game is a bit different from what you get when leveling up.  It changes.  I'm still too uncommitted/chicken-shit to try.

Meh, I don't mind sucking hind tit. It just felt like the good runs I've been having (at least until I played Akali) was a bit of false ego boost because holy shit, the level of play was much harder. And the bitch factor was an order of magnitude worse.

I had no problems last-hitting and laning with GP in non-ranked play. Ranked? Holy fuck, I couldn't do SHIT. My CS was a good 25% lower than normal and I felt completely unable to get in lane consistently at all, even playing a lot less aggressively than I normally play.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: March 19, 2014, 10:26:20 AM

3) Mordekaiser will be first or second pick.  Yes, this is a stereotype, but it happens everytime in practice.
Holy shit, I am a Brazilian ?

I LOVE that champ so much. Just turned around a 4v5 game after a ragequit and 5 surrender votes.

Proceeded to suiciding into the enemy team, getting either turrets, inhibs or triple kills out of my deaths.

It's awesome how much people underestimate the souls I steal until... "OH MY GOD, IT IS RIGHT IN MY FACE AND GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OOOOOooooof..."

Twitch, Teemo, Caytlin or any carry with high attack speed are awesome for that.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: March 19, 2014, 11:32:22 AM

It could just be different personal experiences, but if you watched a replay of my draft games I doubt you could tell the difference between normal and ranked ones.  Still get occasional trolls and feeders and afk in ranked just as much as normals.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #801 on: March 19, 2014, 10:15:54 PM

I feel like ranked is the only way to really learn to improve. For example in normal games people just don't give a shit about controlling dragon and baron so if you only play normal you don't give a shit either. In general people in normal don't "make plays", as in do something smart and not completely obvious like escape a gank by walking towards a specific wall and flashing over rather than running straight back to tower. As you go up in ranked you steadily see more of that.

Trolls / feeders / afk is not really different, if anything it's worse in ranked. But the general shape of the game is different in ranked, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:18:49 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:52 PM

edit: I might have asked this before, but why are spanish/portugese speaking players so terrible at this game ?

I play at a lot of weird hours and the game is definitely way different. 1300 elo at 7PM on Wednesday night is totally different from 1300 elo 6AM on Saturday. I suspect that these different time zones don't cross pollinate that much so the rankings never normalize. So if you get grouped with a BR player who is in your elo they may realistically be much worse but playing with much worse peers.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #803 on: March 19, 2014, 10:43:00 PM

They play a lot of support Poppy too. Lane usually goes great, but you never win.

edit:

Fun quote from tonight:

"Bot was doing fine"

Teemo/Kayle bot was 5/18 with lowest CS.  Group of 4 premade.  They were reporting each other at the end.  I don't know if I was witnessing a bad scene or getting trolled.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:26:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #804 on: March 20, 2014, 07:11:32 AM

What was that Teemo/Kayle bot playing against?  swamp poop That combo should at the very least be able to zone the shit out of most anything.

Played another ranked game last night. I was last pick so I just let the team decide what they wanted me to do, other than telling them I am a suck ass jungler. They picked ranged AD and said go with Miss Fortune or Kog, so Kog it was. MUCH MUCH BETTER. The team was better on the whole than the ones I've been playing with and I didn't feel left completely ass out in the middle of nowhere. Went bot lane with a Soraka that was an absolute support pro. She finished 3/1/19 with like 20 CS, and I had 7/5/7 with a good CS but it's Kog, so really not fucking hard to run the table with CS. Best parts were watching an Alistar melt to Kog's lightning quick spit takes. Thanks to my runes and item choices, I had 1.8 attack speed by the time I was level 11.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: