Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356836 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #735 on: March 06, 2012, 07:07:16 PM

So, I played a few games of this after not playing at all for a few months.  My god, I had forgotten JUST how bad the community is.  I can't even bring myself to play anymore.  Not a single fucking game goes by where one team is either a bad winner or a sore loser.  Back to the shelf with you, LoL.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: March 07, 2012, 12:23:51 AM

So glad I could not even install Heroes of Norath (or whatever it is called)  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: March 07, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

So glad I could not even install Heroes of Norath (or whatever it is called)  awesome, for real

I tried it about the same time I was trying LoL.  All the people that say the HoN community is way worse than League are understating it.  It was a terrible, terrible group of people to even have to play a game with.  So far my DotA experience has been surprisingly good with people answering questions and giving tips, however to be fair I've only played vs. bot games so far.

Also grats on the Pentakill Helm.  Ohhhhh, I see.  I think I've gotten one ever outside of ARAM and vs bot games.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #738 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:57 AM

The Heroes of Newerth community makes me want to release a supervirus into the world just to ensure none of our genetic material survives.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #739 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:18 AM

Also grats on the Pentakill Helm.  Ohhhhh, I see.  I think I've gotten one ever outside of ARAM and vs bot games.

In 400+ games, I've still never gotten a penta.  I don't even think I've gotten a quadra, but I could be wrong there.   Won't happen either unless I stop playing support 50-75% of the time.  Not much of a choice with normal mode draft putting groups always first.

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:52 AM

In 400+ games, I've still never gotten a penta.  I don't even think I've gotten a quadra, but I could be wrong there.   Won't happen either unless I stop playing support 50-75% of the time.  Not much of a choice with normal mode draft putting groups always first.

The crazy thing about my penta is I always assumed I'd get one on Fiddle.  I played a ton of Fiddle, I was good with him, he has a great AOE ult and old crow bounced like 11 times at 5.  Nope, instead I got it in a game where I was playing tank Shen a long while ago.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

Reply #741 on: March 07, 2012, 09:58:00 AM

Well, I can see myself getting a surprise one on Nunu if the other team doesn't have a lot of cc.    I don't play a lot of champs with huge AOE, and it seems like someone always interrupts the streak while something is on cooldown, even with Ryze.  You can be tearing through an entire team with your fed Irelia/GP/Ryze/etc, but someone's always going to sneak in the last bit of damage.

It's just luck, but it would be cool to get one before I stop playing.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: March 07, 2012, 06:58:56 PM

Well, I can see myself getting a surprise one on Nunu if the other team doesn't have a lot of cc.    I don't play a lot of champs with huge AOE, and it seems like someone always interrupts the streak while something is on cooldown, even with Ryze.  You can be tearing through an entire team with your fed Irelia/GP/Ryze/etc, but someone's always going to sneak in the last bit of damage.

It's just luck, but it would be cool to get one before I stop playing.

My only one ever was as Yi, stringing his ult together is lovely. 
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: March 07, 2012, 09:49:16 PM

The Heroes of Newerth community makes me want to release a supervirus into the world just to ensure none of our genetic material survives.

You have no idea how hard that made me laugh.

The only penat I've ever gotten was a few weeks ago on Olaf. I played a blind mode normal, just to dick around, and my opponents had ZERO idea how Olaf worked. I had a WW repeatedly try to ult me  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #744 on: March 07, 2012, 10:32:02 PM

I still have no idea on how you even fight Olaf.  I played an game on Irelia (top), where the jungle Olaf would just tower dive me at will.  Then if if I attempted to fight him straight up? Shit, I got melted.  Luckily his team was awful. 

Just had a Ryze game where I had a shit laning phase; I was totally getting dominated by this Anivia.  I was 0-2 and plenty of CS down.  Then I started pushing out the lane, going bot and picking up kills in team fights/dragons.. and here comes my core.  Finished 13/4/14.   I was fifth pick, of course, but it's just so nice when the premades ask if you'd like to AP mid  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  The other solo (4th pick) went Urgot top and finished 10/2/13, absolutely dominating a Kennen.   Surprised we did so well with a jungle mumu that went on 0/6 and repeatedly initiated with no one around. 

I must say, it's so hard to get people to do baron in normal, even if there's almost 0 chance it'll go wrong. 

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: March 08, 2012, 05:17:39 AM

I still have no idea on how you even fight Olaf.  I played an game on Irelia (top), where the jungle Olaf would just tower dive me at will.  Then if if I attempted to fight him straight up? Shit, I got melted.  Luckily his team was awful. 

I still haven't figured out why they buffed him last patch.   swamp poop

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #746 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:00 AM

I've no idea WTF Olaf even does. I've had games where he was less than irrelevant and got dickpounded every time he showed his face, and I had a game the other night where he absolutely OWNED me as Udyr. I played him once and just didn't get it.

I've been playing a few games with Karma since I bought her on sale awhile back and had not even bothered to play her. Oh man, I was so so bad for like the last 3 games with her, but I think I may have gotten a bit of a clue last night. She's a very weird support character.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:56 AM

So I've been playing a bit more DotA 2 lately and decide last night I feel like playing a game of LoL for a change of pace.  I join a normal draft, bans are all pretty standard.  Then our first pick locks in Revive/Surge Eve without saying a thing, our second pick locks in Fizz and puts in chat "FUCK YOU ALL, MID OR I FEED".  I'm all ready to lock in AP Yi top but our 3rd pick dodges before it gets to me.  I take that as a sign and just played some Tribes instead.  swamp poop

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #748 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:23 AM

Let me echo that Fizz vote.

Damn fun char.  Built him -cooldown and just threw AP fish around all game.
Rasix

Reply #749 on: March 08, 2012, 09:21:06 PM

Man, I may have to buy Kog'maw at some point.  This is the first ranged AD I've enjoyed playing in a long time.  Of course, my first time playing him and they stick me solo top.  Ohhhhh, I see.  Luckily it was against vlad.  Zoning is fun!

Really had no idea how to build him, so I just ripped off the new Euro tourney build.  Boots-> double dorans -> wriggles -> pd (as far as I got before they surrendered).  He just fucking shreds people hard.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:23:41 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: March 09, 2012, 02:33:53 AM

I've no idea WTF Olaf even does. I've had games where he was less than irrelevant and got dickpounded every time he showed his face, and I had a game the other night where he absolutely OWNED me as Udyr.

Same. All I know is he throws an axe sometimes.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #751 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:05 AM

Man, I may have to buy Kog'maw at some point.  This is the first ranged AD I've enjoyed playing in a long time.  Of course, my first time playing him and they stick me solo top.  Ohhhhh, I see.  Luckily it was against vlad.  Zoning is fun!

Really had no idea how to build him, so I just ripped off the new Euro tourney build.  Boots-> double dorans -> wriggles -> pd (as far as I got before they surrendered).  He just fucking shreds people hard.

Kog'Maw is INSANELY good. It's almost impossible to build him badly. It's been a bit since I've played him, but I tend to ignore the AP and just go for attack speed and damage. He's also the one character I don't give two shits about dying with, because of his suicide KABOOMBOOM. There is no reason not to lead CS with Kog and by mid-game, he should be able to just melt people down.

Rasix

Reply #752 on: March 09, 2012, 08:28:35 AM

Oddly enough, the Vlad actually out CS'd me.  Partially because I'm so bad at last hitting with ranged AD and also because I was super paranoid being solo top with a ranged AD  and Noct as their enemy jungler.  It's also hard to last hit when you don't know the attack animation that well nor the kit.  I think given a few games I could actually be dangerous even when I'm not in a really favorable matchup.

And Kog is typically built AD, but AP Kog is still completely viable and very strong.  Had to go AD in this instance since my team was really AP heavy.

Playing only once a night feels really weird.  There's absolutely internal pressure to do well.  I just want to have a fun game and then load up ME3.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #753 on: March 09, 2012, 08:36:17 AM

I think I've given up on Karma. She's kind of fun when she works, but I'm just not skilled enough to do well with her. I get an absolute SHITTON of assists, but getting the kills is just not happening. And I'm dying a shitload because I'm just squishy. Her W and E require a lot of skill to get really right. I did manage to get her AP to close to 800 with items, but she just doesn't fit me at least not right now.

Rasix

Reply #754 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:59 AM

She's considered broken at the moment.  In a bad way.  I think they're working on a redesign for her.

edit:

Btw, third place game of IEM Hanover on right now.  Should be fun.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:41:24 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #755 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:25 PM

Seeing a lot of Urgots lately and they're all raping face.  Wins lane hard and ends up having a lot of utility late.

Just had a game where I got a pat on the back and good job for going 3/7 as jungle Udyr after the 4 man premadel locked their all champs and forgot I said I didn't want to jungle.  Still, it's nice when the premades go out of their way to be nice to you.  While I was a bit derpy with my ganks; I handed off every blue after the first, kept the enemy jungler down, and we got every baron/dragon.  I just didn't counter jungle for shit, mainly because I run tiger and my clear times weren't great. I guess next time I'll practice some phoenix. 

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: March 11, 2012, 05:29:03 AM

The protip for phoenix udyr: find the spot where you phoenix the entire wraith camp. It's (for blue) in the northeast corner of the camp.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #757 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:00 AM

Hey Ras, hit me up if you want some udyr advice. That's mah dude right there... And Phoenix is superior I think.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #758 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:37 AM

Bought Cho'gath this weekend, played 4 games with him, SUCKED UTTER MONKEY ASS on 3 of the 4 games. Finally looked up a build on him and did decent on the 4th game, if still dying too much. I didn't really get how to use his ult until after the 2nd or 3rd game when the muddy waters of my brain suddenly parted. I mean, I got ASS-RAPED on those 3 games, just couldn't get shit for kills, my CS was horrid. He seems very very fragile early on and damn is he slow. The item store recommendations are really not good either.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #759 on: March 12, 2012, 11:20:23 AM

I really like move quints on Cho, and sometimes the speed 3 boots. Build em tanky, maybe throw in a Wits End

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: March 12, 2012, 04:41:58 PM

**cracks knuckles** For starter Cho's I suggest running attack speed runes, as much of it as you can get. Until you learn fully how to last hit, just farm farm farm with your vorpal spines until you have way more money than anyone else on the map.

My build [WARNING!!! NOT A STANDARD BUILD], runs like this; Attack speed reds, %HP yellows, MR per lvl blues, and %HP quints.

Skill order, I max vorpal spines first, then scream, with one point in rupture, with feast obviously coming before all. The reason being that ruptures are hard to land in the laning phase when people are looking out for them, even when you know what your doing, and scream is easy to land. Vorpal spines are maxed to make farming easy as shit, and because with normal Chogath build people either dodge, or eat the burst of his other spells, then come at him. No one expects this system, where every attack I make packs an extra 80 magic damage. It really surprises people.

For items, your first two items will ALWAYS be against the damage of your lane foe; i.e. if I'm fighting rumble, I'm going wits end and Merc threads at least; Riven means I'm getting tabis and starting usually just a chain vest will do. After I've gotten at least 4 tank items, I build a Deathfire grasp ASAP. In teamfights, you DFG, then chomp and all the rest their carry, and it just delets them from the game.

If you feel your lane is not working out, get some gp 10s and just farm by the tower. If you end up rocking your lane, don't be afraid to get into their jungle and steal their sweet sweet buffs with your chomp.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #761 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:13 AM

Did pretty good as my first time with phoenix Udyr.  Here's my setup:

Runes:  attack speed reds, armor yellows, mr blues (flat, don't have scaling yet), and movespeed quints. 

Build was boots 3, merc treads, philo, hog, wits ends, randuins, atmas, shurelias.

Did fine. I had a lot of farm and my ganks weren't bad.   Had some button confusion at times since I usually run tiger.  My team just couldn't team fight for shit and we had no damage in the end.  Morde, Heimer, AP support Nid (STOP PLAYING THIS, ASSHOLES), and Corki. The Morde fed like crazy at the start, and he was first pick.  It didn't even look like my team would use abilities in team fights.   Probably should have ran a more AD heavy jungler, but I didn't care.  I think we could have ended it earlier, but I'm not sure. Once their Fiora/Akali/GP/Cait hit critical mass, we were done.

Also said I preferred not to jungle, but that doesn't seem to matter when you're 5th pick and your team doesn't feel like communicating other than stating their preference after they lock.

Thinking of just leaving my stated non-roles as ranged AD.  I'd like to get some more jungle practice and just deal with the bad manners I'll get in return. 

It looks like I have about half of the junglers, missing some of the popular ones.  I'm thinking of trying Nunu (I think the clear times will suck, but I'm comfortable with him), WW, Noct, and maybe Mundo.  Of these, I only have experience with Noct and Nunu (as support).   I do have Shaco and Rammus, but they're always banned. 

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #762 on: March 13, 2012, 02:12:56 PM

Not sure why I never considered Nid a support AP hero.

I played Nunu as support yesterday and did pretty well, he's just so speedy and annoying that it works out if you have a competent second with you.

Wouldn't Nid be ever better than Nunu with map awareness and heal/ats?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: March 13, 2012, 02:24:58 PM

Support Nid is pretty darn useful early.

But AP Nid needs items to be at all scary, and you're not getting those items with GP/10. So she does extraordinarily little.

While Nunu transitions pretty well into his endgame buff/debuff bot role.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #764 on: March 13, 2012, 02:28:25 PM

Had a weird game at lunch. Picked Cho, went back to the build out that was working before but was getting owned hard in top lane by a Twitch/Fiora combo. Mostly the Twitch really. It didn't help that my lane partner was an Ezreal who fed just as badly if not worse and by mid-game was 4 levels behind me and complaining that he "doesn't play Ezreal well." I'm thinking "Why the fuck did you choose him then?" Didn't sound like he cared about learning Ez so we could excuse his sucking, just didn't like playing him. Anyway, we're getting owned hard, even with their Wukong who dropped after level 3. So 4v5, we're getting smacked around but I've managed to take out a few turrets with Cho. Their Yi and Soraka, who had been doing decently, just quit. They didn't get DC'ed they just stayed in spawn and stopped playing. Needless to say, even with a very good Twitch and Fiora, 5v2 just wasn't happening and we win.

Rasix

Reply #765 on: March 13, 2012, 02:33:57 PM

Easier to 0 CS support with Nunu IMO.  While there's no sustain to provided to your carry, there's essentially no cool down on your steroid (100% uptime if you have the mana) and you have an on demand snare/attack speed debuff.  Plus, in this scenario, an actually useful ultimate.  His base stats are nutty, and you get naturally tanky as all hell.

With Nid you are getting incredible brush control, some heal sustain, and a long range poke.  Pretty mana intensive, however if you want to do all of it.

Every time that I've seen support Nid, it's been incredibly ineffective and I never see them win.  Plus, you have the added bonus of a Nidalee player, who is obviously pro, and you are a scrub. 

I have no idea what 3150 champ I want to get next.  Feel like getting Urgot, just to play an interesting champ and punish people for making me ranged AD.  On the other hand, I could also get Olaf/Shen/Lux/Nid.  Bleh.  Hard to choose.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #766 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35:29 PM

Had a weird game at lunch. Picked Cho, went back to the build out that was working before but was getting owned hard in top lane by a Twitch/Fiora combo. Mostly the Twitch really. It didn't help that my lane partner was an Ezreal who fed just as badly if not worse and by mid-game was 4 levels behind me and complaining that he "doesn't play Ezreal well." I'm thinking "Why the fuck did you choose him then?" Didn't sound like he cared about learning Ez so we could excuse his sucking, just didn't like playing him. Anyway, we're getting owned hard, even with their Wukong who dropped after level 3. So 4v5, we're getting smacked around but I've managed to take out a few turrets with Cho. Their Yi and Soraka, who had been doing decently, just quit. They didn't get DC'ed they just stayed in spawn and stopped playing. Needless to say, even with a very good Twitch and Fiora, 5v2 just wasn't happening and we win.

Are you sure they didn't DC? Were they actually talking?  Because you don't get a message anymore if they DC.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #767 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:50 PM

They must have said something to their teammates because both the remaining opponents wanted us to report them for just quitting.

Rasix

Reply #768 on: March 13, 2012, 03:07:26 PM

Ahh, NM, I misread that.

Are you playing draft or blind still, Haem?  Play draft if you get tired of the nonsensical lanes and screwball leveling meta.  Conversely, I may end up going back to blind so I can actually get some practice on the champs I've bought.  Instalock and "I don't care what lane I'm in".   Of course then I feel like I have to jungle, because no one wants to.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: March 13, 2012, 03:14:22 PM

Shen! You're a solo top player. Take the flavor of the month solo top.

Easier to 0 CS support with Nunu IMO.  While there's no sustain to provided to your carry, there's essentially no cool down on your steroid (100% uptime if you have the mana) and you have an on demand snare/attack speed debuff.  Plus, in this scenario, an actually useful ultimate.  His base stats are nutty, and you get naturally tanky as all hell.

With Nid you are getting incredible brush control, some heal sustain, and a long range poke.  Pretty mana intensive, however if you want to do all of it.

Every time that I've seen support Nid, it's been incredibly ineffective and I never see them win.  Plus, you have the added bonus of a Nidalee player, who is obviously pro, and you are a scrub. 

I have no idea what 3150 champ I want to get next.  Feel like getting Urgot, just to play an interesting champ and punish people for making me ranged AD.  On the other hand, I could also get Olaf/Shen/Lux/Nid.  Bleh.  Hard to choose.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: