Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359074 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #700 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:06 PM

Man, I nearly lost my shit tonight.  I get support, which isn't a surprise since I'm always fourth or fifth pick due to the dumbass way they order normal draft.   I pick Soraka since they had Sona, and Soraka's sustain works well with Cait.  Well, our Cait is named THC and of course if AFK for the first 2 minutes of the laning phase.  Get in and immediately starts tell me shit like "give me mana", "heal me", "gank Ashe".  Fucking moron. Yes, I'm purposely withholding mana from you and refusing to heal.  Nevermind that I just had to blow summoner heal because you stand in one place like a goddamn moron while Sona and Ashe lay into you.  I finally had to tell them "just shut up and play".  The mana persisted, but even I'm not going to be able to keep her topped when she fires off the peacemaker every goddamn time it's up.  I liked the "don't hit the creeps, don't ever hit the creeps".  Thanks, I needed to know that playing my 0cs support.  Sometimes I can't control banana phone.

I popped a surrender request at 20 just because of how annoyed I was.  Then the Ryze gives me shit when he dies after a team fight.  I know your spells don't have shit for cooldowns, but mine do.  Lucky the other team was horrible and the Ashe went into full troll mode after they lost some team fights.  

Argh!

edit:

Man, I had a better time in the game I lost than the game I won.  Got to play Udyr in lane v. a Garen.  Won my lane and played solidly but team was bad.  Still, Udyr is a lot of fun and the other team were good sports.  Our Akali and Twitch were hideously bad.  Akali just got owned and pretty much did nothing.  Twitch just did that Twitch thing they do when they're bad.  Pop out of stealth, accomplish nothing and die instantly. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:35:31 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #701 on: February 09, 2012, 10:16:46 PM

Just did  a draft game where I actually got third pick.  We have everything but support picked and our 5th chooses... wait for it... Vlad.

Their Vayne went 19/1/5.   awesome, for real  I had an entertaining top lane as Irelia v GP, where we farmed creeps and made mean faces at each other.  I farmed the most creeps.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

edit: I'm just very close to putting this goddamn game down for a while.  Draft pick, while a better experience as far as going along with the meta, is driving me up the fucking wall. I'm not getting any better when I'm stuck with a random role seemingly every time (leans to support) just because the draft order favors people grouped together. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:24:23 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #702 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:00 AM

Play with mates, and/or stop caring about "correct" picks. This community is insipid enough to start screaming troll the moment you pick anything other that Flash/Ignite, so caring whether or not some jackass thinks you should pick support. In other words, they want you to play support? Sure, pick Annie and play support. By killing everything that moves.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Rasix

Reply #703 on: February 12, 2012, 10:10:39 PM

Play with mates, and/or stop caring about "correct" picks. This community is insipid enough to start screaming troll the moment you pick anything other that Flash/Ignite, so caring whether or not some jackass thinks you should pick support. In other words, they want you to play support? Sure, pick Annie and play support. By killing everything that moves.

That's not a bad idea.  I may even do some of the more fun supports (learn Janna/Blitz), since they seem dead set on nerfing sustain.

Finally broke out of my slump with some decent Sona play, but it was against a total troll comp team.  Eve, Nunu, Garen, AP Soraka (HURTS), Nasus.  Zeke's Herald + Sivir/GP/Sona/Cho'gath (we had a really bad  Ori) is a mobile fortress of hot death.  Went 5/1/16 to the detriment to my team.  To be fair, I put in work for those kills.   why so serious?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:13:13 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #704 on: February 13, 2012, 10:03:23 PM

Just woke my wife up playing Ryze. qwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwerq spam can get a little loud if the door is open to the office.  awesome, for real  At least I carried. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #705 on: February 15, 2012, 01:01:24 PM

Last night's game was just a headscratcher. Blind solo queue, I pick Morgana. Team composition is Ziggs, Pantheon and two others who I forget but who really didn't have much impact on my game. Ziggs takes mid while me and Panth take the bot lane against a combo of Lee Sin and Gangplank. I'm thinking this may be a touch difficult right up until the first kill I score against Lee Sin for pushing too hard. Then it starts to go really bad for them, as both myself and Panth start racking up kills. These two players were unbelievably bad. They would just stand in my pool of burning liquid and die. It was awesome.

And then our Panth disconnected. It all went to shit from there. I couldn't push at all and kept getting pushed by the combo of Lee Sin and GP. One death and they get the turret down. So I decide to try and help Ziggs push the mid lane against what turned out to be a good Nidalee player. Ziggs was however, fucktastically bad. The game ended with our surrender with only me voting against it. We did not have to surrender, in fact, despite losing both bot turrets, we had gotten one of their bot turrets down and the mid, and weren't really doing all that bad.

My final kill tally? 9/4/0 (didn't have much to assist on). Ziggs final kill total? 0/7/0. How the hell you don't even get assists with Ziggs I can't even imagine, but he was awful.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #706 on: February 23, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

Another lunch, another  swamp poop Tantrum Argh! game.

Choose Gangplank, went top lane with a competent Vayne (who unfortunately had a disconnect mid game but came back for the end). We had Ziggs mid against a Kennen, and a Malazhar/Teemo combo bot. Top lane we faced off against Viktor and Fizz, bottom lane was Riven and Pantheon. I had a few early deaths, most of which I can chalk up to not really having clue one what Viktor's abilities are. I did get a kill and an assist, so it wasn't TERRIBLE - until...

I took three deaths top lane from Kennen coming in for a gank with a very well-timed attack. 3 AP champs just fucking melted me, especially once when I was alone in lane. Finally I complained to total silence about the lack of MIA calls. I look down at the map and our Ziggs, who is supposed to be pressuring Kennen mid is down bottom lane doing who the fuck knows what. He spent the whole game just running all the fuck around, leeching off kills and doing fuckall else. I was the best player on our team and still got 18 deaths (9 kills). A lot of it I could chalk up to being combo'ed on by a decent set of players all using AP and CC. Viktor starts with that big ass beam, throws down a huge slow/stun circle, Fizz and Kennen jump in with their damage, then Kennen zaps you with a stun and AOE ability and IF you survive, one or two of them will ignite you to finish you off. They coordinated really well and our team didn't until later. Those early deaths to 3v1 ganks just really pissed me off - I can accept the lack of MIA calls, but at the very fucking least, push your mid lane if your opponent is fucking off to gank top.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #707 on: February 23, 2012, 04:27:30 PM

I want a full server of Megrim.  That would be a fun place.
Rasix

Reply #708 on: February 24, 2012, 08:44:28 AM

Lesson from yesterday:

Don't tower dive solo-top Urgot.  It'll go poorly.

Addendum:  

Don't gloat when you get a semi-lucky kill and your team is down 18-6.  You just look silly.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #709 on: February 24, 2012, 09:02:20 AM

Last night's game may have been one of the most lopsided defeats I've ever suffered. The saddest part was that I was the best player, had the most kills and was trying to get the team to surrender because they were JUST SO FUCKING BAD. Another game of Gangplank with a Yorick beside me going top against a solo Garen. We should have been able to push him, but he tower hugged really really well, and amazingly enough, I didn't get so aggressive that I took an unneeded early death. I was 0/0/0 by level 5 - the only problem was that Garen was level 7 by this time and we hadn't come close to pushing him off the tower or killing him either. I look up and my team is down 0/6 - WTF? How bad is the rest of my team? REALLY FUCKING BAD. My first death came in the middle of the top lane by the river as Xin Xhao ambushed me from the river bushes while Yorick was back at base. The first kill our team had left us at 1/19. Yes, that's NINETEEN. WTF?

We were just getting fucking owned all over the place. No MIA calls, no jungler to counter Xin's apparent jungling (or maybe he was just a really good ganker - I assume he was jungling as I never saw him until that first death). We did get some kills back but the team was down like 2:1 in kills and couldn't push ANYWHERE. Yet they wouldn't surrender. I think we got 2 turrets down total. I tried to tell people to farm (as most of the opposition was 2-3 levels above us) and they kept running into team fights and losing. My final tally was 9/15 (not sure on the number of deaths) and everyone else on my team had like 4 kills or less (mostly less). The other team just DESTROYED us.

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24:29 PM

In the last couple of weeks, I've been getting back into the game.

Man, people literally bitch at you from champ select through the entire game if you don't do EXACTLY what they think you should do. I join a game as Soraka and as soon as we spawn, the person on the bottom lane tells me to go top. Um, okay. So, I go top. After about 30 seconds, I'm told to go bottom. *sigh* Alright. So, as everyone else is leveling, I'm finally getting back over to bot and I get ganked before I even get there.

Cue bitching about how I'm a noob and that I should go mid or just sit at spawn. Now, normally, I don't let this kind of crap bother me, but I'm playing a support champ and I'm actually decent at it. I know I can help my team and who doesn't want Soraka laning with them? Meh. I ended up running laps in spawn for a couple of minutes until the primary complainer quits.  awesome, for real

Still though, I don't remember it being this bad before. Maybe I just have a bad memory.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #711 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:57 PM

I'll just leave this here.

This team was BAD. With a capital B. Started off with our Singed disconnecting right as the game began, so I got stuck mid. Their Cait got killed by me immediately, then I had free reign mid for a while, until a level 2 Ryze comes rushing up and dies. Then he dies again because I'm level 5 by this time. We were 4v5 the whole game, but just melted faces.

Rasix

Reply #712 on: February 26, 2012, 09:27:44 PM

Just finished a game where we basically surrendered because we were arguing too much.  Awful team though, I had more gold than the AD carry and solo top as support and only 17 less CS than the solo top.   Support Lux can zone you bad if she can hit her shit.  Doesn't help if Gangplank is too busy ganking for his buddies to gank your lane.

edit: yep, just had another game where I had more gold than top and the AD carry.  Sure glad I'm playing support for these goons.  0/6 lanewick and a bottom Teemo that went 0/6 with Soraka heals and lost by more than 100 CS (like 75 total in 25+ minutes).  FML.

Night was a trifecta of suck.  Played a game of Kennen top v. an OK Vlad, but I don't know what else I have that Vlad wouldn't ream.   Probably could have run Rumble if I was more confident with him at the moment.  Well, my  jungler does pretty much nothing but gank my lane constantly when Vlad was always in the bushes and HE'S VLAD.  Mid gets destroyed (holy shit, bad Cass), bot goes back and forth and eventually gets destroyed, and Vlad and I pretty much are even.  I fuck up a few times, especially during one blue steal, or I think I would have won.  Bot and jungler just go at for probably the last 5 minutes of the game.  Bot, jungle, and their mid yell at each other after game.  Miserable.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:49:08 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: February 28, 2012, 07:23:34 AM

I'm really in love with nautilus, he may be the king of the root and I love it.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: March 03, 2012, 02:29:41 AM

My current obssesion is jungle Kayle. She's such a good ganker. I still get the occasional "WTF? Jungle Kayle?", but that makes it all the more enjoyable when I do well.

The moment someone gets out of position, I'm there with a well-placed Reckoning. I pop Righteous Fury and I just destroy them as they run for cover. Plus, when it gets late in game, she still has that amazing ult to drop on a teammate. Good stuff.
Rasix

Reply #715 on: March 05, 2012, 07:52:56 AM

I must say, it's really easy to jungle when your top and bottom go legendary almost on their own.  awesome, for real  Funny start to the game with everyone bitching at Teemo for picking Teemo and them almost wanting to queue dodge when everyone forgot that I said I didn't want to jungle.

"So, can you jungle"
"Pretty badly, yah"

Vlad went bot.  Possibly the worst Vlad I've ever seen (even had a skin).  He would charge at Ashe with pool.  Anytime I ran down there to gank, he'd die instantly after getting bear stunned.  Soraka would usually die as well.    Teemo was double killing Garen and the Fiddle all by his lonesome.   Garen's team was saying "Only 4th time Garen, Teemo sucks".  The dude would mostly just sit there and die, there wasn't much of a "feeling out the champ" aspect to him.  I mostly just had to babysit Morg, since she wasn't very good and is countered badly by someone like Fiora.  

Funny how a "waaah we're gonna lose" turns into a 20 minute stomp.  The match making in game, especially in normal draft, can be a bit baffling at times.   Sometimes you get really skilled players, other times you get a Vlad that pools towards you during a gank.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:54:41 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #716 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:11 AM

The match making has been absolute SHITTY SHIT SHIT SHIT lately. I'm consistently being put on teams where I'm the best fucking player by a LONG shot. While I've been getting better sticking with one champ (Gangplank the last week or so), I still should not be so far and away the best player on my team. Last night I decided to try my hybrid rune build on Katarina for shits and giggles. I go bot with a Riven against a Garen/Ashe combo. Top was Nunu and Ryze and mid was Annie who didn't really want to go mid. I start out getting some really good early kills against their Ashe, like 2 or 3 kills to 1 death. The Garen turns out to be really good with him (and I'm so sick of seeing Garen on free weeks - he's annoying as fuck) but I keep my normal spas in check and learn to get the fuck away from his spin so early so he doesn't get easy kills on me. I think I was the only one on my team to score a kill against Garen the whole game - all 3 kills he suffered. My team starts trying to surrender shortly after 20 even though we've knocked down more turrets and I'm killing motherfuckers. Finally I start looking at my teammates scores. Fuck me. End of the game Ryze was 0/8/7, Nunu (the one bitching for a surrender the most) was 3/10/6 and complaining that ANNIE fed Morgana when Annie had 7 kills and about as many deaths. It got horrible mid to late game because my entire team was around level 13 or 14 when most of theirs were 15 and 16 and Morgana was 18. Their CS scores were fucktasticly bad.

We finally surrendered (though I kept saying no because Nunu deserved someone being a dick to him) and I check the stats. The Ryze summoner was level 13, everyone else in the game was no lower than 23. How the fuck does that happen? Granted, he was just a bad player it appears, but at 13, he couldn't possibly have the runes to go up against some of the players we were facing. Just crazy bad matchmaking. Of course, the sucky ass Nunu player was level 30.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:27 AM

Had a game in the morning where we had a jungle jax that didn't take smite.  Pre-game everyone was spamming WTF and he was saying smite is for losers. I was really worried cause I went ashe but in bot lane with me was a teemo, not a great combo or maybe not a great teemo. I shouldn't have been worried because it turns out jax talked big and then surprisingly delivered.  He went Teleport and Flash, then proceeded to mop the floor with the other team, going 19/3 and carrying us to victory.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:50 AM

Had a game in the morning where we had a jungle jax that didn't take smite.  Pre-game everyone was spamming WTF and he was saying smite is for losers. I was really worried cause I went ashe but in bot lane with me was a teemo, not a great combo or maybe not a great teemo. I shouldn't have been worried because it turns out jax talked big and then surprisingly delivered.  He went Teleport and Flash, then proceeded to mop the floor with the other team, going 19/3 and carrying us to victory.

Jax was still wrong, always take smite.   Ohhhhh, I see.  The enemy jungler failed badly.  He should of been invading and stealing everything from Jax when he saw he had no smite.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #719 on: March 05, 2012, 08:31:30 AM

Honestly I had no idea wtf our jax was doing but he ended up with 100 more cs than anyone in the game. So whatever he was doing, he was doing it well.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #720 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:00 AM

With the jungle changes, I don't think it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. I've done decent with jungle Shyvana before without smite because I wasn't supposed to jungle until the second before the game went into loading mode.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:48 AM

Some champions could jungle without smite even before the huge jungle nerf even, that's not the issue.  The idea is that if I'm the enemy jungle I ward your blue/red early and often.  Every time you go for them, I just easily smite steal when you get it low and run away laughing.  You get maybe your first blue/red buff and then don't get another jungle buff for the rest of the laning phase.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #722 on: March 05, 2012, 09:25:20 AM

Not sure smite stealing is an effective strat though, you really have to plan around it and I think if your enemy jungler is tearing up your team like our jax was, running around jungle is wasting time.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #723 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:55 AM

It's also giving up dragon and baron control.

I mean, yes, if you're wrecking shop, then you can wreck shop without smite.

Also, counterjungling second blue at 7:10? Second red a bit later? Not tough.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #724 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:02 AM

Cho'gath might be the only feasible non-smiter, since he has a 1000 point feast.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #725 on: March 05, 2012, 10:23:47 AM

Nunu too.  Consume is 900 true damage. 10 second CD when maxed.  

If it's a normal where you can expect some sort of hideous skill differential, or you're at an ELO where counter jungling is completely dependent on how derpy the other jungler.  Then, yah, you can get away with no smite.  I imagine your initial clear times would be a bit shitty.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:50 AM

Nunu is not really smite-optional. Unlike Cho, his jungle times are not good, so that second smite helps a lot. Also, Nunu's main value as a jungler is counter jungling and objective control, and the double smite is huge for that.
Rasix

Reply #727 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:02 AM

Well, yah.  I'm not even sure how you begin to jungle with Nunu otherwise.  His clear times just seem so bad.  I'll have to play around with it, since he's one of the few junglers I even play. 

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #728 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:36 PM

Cho'gath might be the only feasible non-smiter, since he has a 1000 point feast.

Both Shaco and Lee Sin do just fine. I think Olaf as well. Shaco is obviously doubly hilarious, since you can have one of your teamates start in your neutrals, while the Shaco starts in theirs.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #729 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:43 PM

Why do I feel like almost everyone is missing the point....  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #730 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:21 AM

Played 2 games last night as Katarina and melted faces in both of them. The first game was the 4th game in a row where I was the best player on the team because I was somehow matched up with COMPLETE MOUTHBREATHER DROOL BUCKETS. I am not even remotely exaggerating when I say these teams were godawful. Again, I think I'm becoming a mediocre player at best, but these teams are so bad that I'm absolutely carrying them. How is that possible? I had to report our Fiddlesticks as he hits level 3 then goes AFK the entire game. When I yelled at him about it, he claimed his leg was bleeding. I asked "Then why the fuck are you still playing?" I had to report him for both the AFK and having a summoner name of, yes, I SHIT YOU NOT, "StupidJewAsian." Really?  Facepalm

At least the second game I had some competent teammates. I went with my hybrid arm pen/mag pen/AP/AD rune build, then focused on AP and magic pen for my item builds. Sorcerer's shoes, then haunting guise, then double rabbadon's. By the end I had 47 Magic Pen and over 500 AP. The other team's Sion must have been really bad because I absolutely abused him. Shunpo then ult and he was dead multiple times, and sometimes I didn't even need the ult. The other team got held down enough that they were all 2 levels below me or more when I hit 18 and they surrendered before being totally overrun.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #731 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:58 AM

Been trying to jungle jax and I just can't for the life of me understand how it works since he ha literally no cc abilities without items. Not to mention I keep getting stuck with teams that except me to win their lanes for them.

Also is it me or is no one buying wards in non ranked play anymore?

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #732 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

Counterstrike is now an on-demand AOE stun and leap strike is an effective gap closer?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: March 06, 2012, 09:38:46 AM

Well yes, maybe I'm playing it wrong or getting bad support from the lanes but jumping in, spamming my shit does not seem to be working at all. The counterstrike stun is nice but the second I leap out they seem to away get away before the stun goes off or I can even trigger it.  I mean I know jax is solid still but I can't get a handle on him.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: March 06, 2012, 04:01:30 PM

After a string of terrible terrible terrible games, I decided to play AP Morde again and just got my first...

DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
PENTAKILL

DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

It's awesome how much people underestimate Mordekaiser ability to destroy anything and anyone that lanes against him. With a Deathfire, Ignite and my ult I can destroy any champ on the map as soon as he comes into range and use his sould to destroy his friends.

The soul part is my personal favorite, nothing like killing their AD carry and let it shred through their team. Good times. :)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: