Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356900 times)
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #630 on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:22 AM

I've mostly been playing AP Sion lately. Anytime I can solo top, or mid against the right matchup, its usually pretty awesome. The first 5  minutes can be rough, but once you can start clearing the casters with your shield things really start to pickup. The last few days I've been giving AD Sion a go. Last night was the first time everything clicked. Late game AD Sion feels broken OP. I ended up with Berserker boots, Double Phantom Dancer, IE, a lantern, and that axe that reduces enemy armor. I was doing things like soloing baron and winning 3v1 fights. Quite fun.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #631 on: January 05, 2012, 07:00:40 AM

Really getting into the groove with Ahri now.  Her taunt/charm is I think one of the best "you are fucked if you get hit with this" moves in the game. Just gotta keep remembering to stick and move!

Right now though I'm wondering if I should even bother with raft or ranked play, I njoy how fast blind pick is but god damn am I sick of people insta-locking and calling mid immediately after.  Seriously people, being fed means jack shit if you are not a good enough player to take advantage of it and 9/10 these people are not.

Last night game starts, we get an inta-lock ahri shouting mid. I make some comments but I grab sona as my goto, I actually don't play her as much because it's my winning character and just feels like cheating sometimes. So my team is as follows...

top:panth/garen
mid:ahri/vlad
jung:lee/lee
bot:sona/shaco-ashe/soraka

now, a shaco bot is already a little Huh but whatever.  Game starts off to a winning start with shaco being completely afk, leaving me to bot alone.  I have my mastery/runes set up for complete support and I already picked heal as my first spell, awesome!  Then, instead of leashing blue, our instalock ahri just sits there and takes the blue from our lee.

at this point im up against ashe and soraka solo, asking anyone to come bot with me, getting the exp is nice but I am getting constantly harassed.  Shaco still afk and by the time I lose bot tower, our ahri has died four times in mid to their vlad, each time citing "lag" as the reason.

With my first tower gone or lee is a decent level 6-7 and it's actually a lot easier for me to farm since ashe/soraka have decided to abandon bot entirely which is pants on head dumb when you consider we are a man down and they'd only have to deal with a sona.  So I think "fuck it, im farming like it's 1999!" which works out pretty damn well with lee coming down o help harass.  They had a lee of their own bt looks like ours is the superior one as he and I clean up at least three kills bot lane.

Now I've got a decent set of items rolling, an aegis and level 10 under my belt.  Our ahri isnt dying but she's not really doing jack either, anth dies to at least two missed mia mid calls so I decide to play princess leia and say "Lee sin you're our only hope!" and I flat out tell him "lee, I'm sticking to you like glue."  and boy howdy does it work out like a charm.  My aura's and his general badassary start racking up the kills for us and we're actually pushing in a 4v5 game. 

About this time out shaco actually comes back and let me tell you, seeing a level 3 shaco try and mid 20min into a game is HI-larious. They don't seem to be working well as a team though and even while our ahri is fluff and our shaco is underfed by a mile, lee/panth and I start ruining their. After a 3v5 teamfight in which we almost ace them, their garen and soraka proceed to ragequit.

Match is pretty much over now since it 5v3 but in our favor now, overall we shouldn't have won it but we did.  Level 10 shaco MVP

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #632 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:44 AM

I have had the shittiest string of bad games/bad teams lately. Either I'm playing horribly because I'm 1) not familiar with the character and fat-fingering everything or 2) am paired with a complete muppet in lane or 3) against a pro who is just wearing out my asshole like it's the last whore in a shore leave or 4) we are down to 4v5 and our team sucks to begin with. Just horrible horrible games where I'm ready to reach through the monitor and throttle somebody. Two of those games have been as Morgana where I just started feeding early and never recovered. In one of those games, I swear I wanted to fucking murder someone. I get paired top lane with a Wukong who is level 19 and says "This is my first PVP game".

Facepalm Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

How do you play enough games to hit level 19 and NOT PVP ever? He proceeds to disappear for long stretches while both of us get absolutely owned by a Garen who ends the game with like 30/2/something or other. I swear nothing I did ever managed to even dent the guy. Our Brand goes mid and spends the whole game berating me for sucking and despite all my deaths (12 in all I think), he has less kills and assists than me MID FUCKING LANE. The whole team is just a disorganized cluster fuck as our bot lane guys just abandon the lane completely around level 8 or 9 to go get killed repeatedly in mid lane. It was fucking godawful. I certainly didn't help with all my deaths, but it was just a brutal, frustrating game experience.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #633 on: January 05, 2012, 07:53:29 AM

So I didn't get to play for like 5 days and I realized I had no interest in playing at all anymore.  Oh well, it had a good run.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #634 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:44 AM

I have had the shittiest string of bad games/bad teams lately. Either I'm playing horribly because I'm 1) not familiar with the character and fat-fingering everything or 2) am paired with a complete muppet in lane or 3) against a pro who is just wearing out my asshole like it's the last whore in a shore leave or 4) we are down to 4v5 and our team sucks to begin with. Just horrible horrible games where I'm ready to reach through the monitor and throttle somebody. Two of those games have been as Morgana where I just started feeding early and never recovered. In one of those games, I swear I wanted to fucking murder someone. I get paired top lane with a Wukong who is level 19 and says "This is my first PVP game".

Facepalm Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

How do you play enough games to hit level 19 and NOT PVP ever? He proceeds to disappear for long stretches while both of us get absolutely owned by a Garen who ends the game with like 30/2/something or other. I swear nothing I did ever managed to even dent the guy. Our Brand goes mid and spends the whole game berating me for sucking and despite all my deaths (12 in all I think), he has less kills and assists than me MID FUCKING LANE. The whole team is just a disorganized cluster fuck as our bot lane guys just abandon the lane completely around level 8 or 9 to go get killed repeatedly in mid lane. It was fucking godawful. I certainly didn't help with all my deaths, but it was just a brutal, frustrating game experience.

That's too bad, because at level 6 with Wukong and Morgana you should have a guaranteed kill every time your ults are up.

There's something about Gragas that makes me fat finger the hell out of his abilities.  HIT E! Nope, there goes my barrel.  Barrel time! Nope that's an E.  My team fights look like an AI with a glitch in its code.  Still, first game in a long time as the fat man and I do OK.  I don't die at all to mid and farm up really well as always.  Team was stomping, and I actually helped our hyper aggressive Win Xhao escape a few times with a proper ulti (after E'ing first /ffs).   Rest of the team couldn't wait to die to Swain after I downed the tower.   Don't know why people think Swain won't kill them.  Just need to get your two dots on them, ignite and crows will mop up.

My next game was pretty funny.  Apparently an 0/9 Cho'gath was only getting owned by my GP due to lag.  Still, if he had actually finished me off with his lvl 6 q,w,r combo instead of me flashing out, the lane could have gone a bit differently.  As is, another slump busty/tard stomp as GP.   Had a rather awesome play where our badass Soraka (she FB'd them and went 7/4) was getting 3 v 1'd far into bot lane.  I throw down my ult over the area.  Soraka kills one, kills another as I tp in, and a 10% health Soraka and I finish off the near full health Cho.  I got a double kill that game just off my ulti as I was farming up top.

I should probably use this time post slump to work on other heroes, so Udyr (once bought) will get worked in with Swain instead of just climbing back up as usual with only GP.  Maybe some Trynd/Garen too, but I'm just not good with them for whatever reason.  Still, it's very temping just to carry hard with GP and get my hidden ELO back up to where over half the team is completely retarded.  It's like the only do ELO calcs for normals every 2 weeks.  I get so damn streaky.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:06 AM

The problem is, once you start getting 30s in your game, you get a lot of people who use Normal games for just messing around.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #636 on: January 05, 2012, 11:26:42 AM

I've actually had a bunch of fun recently with just hanging out in reddit chat and getting random custom games: everybody's a lot more easy going.

Also, yeah, I'm not actually very good with her, but Ahri is a lot of fun. Definitely a good champ to learn how to kite on, and I just heart champs with escapes, so Ahri gets a  Heart Heart Heart.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: January 05, 2012, 01:26:24 PM

Ahri is a lot of fun, especially if you have an idiott that lets you charm them onto a tower. I picked up Veigar for something different and without actually knowing a thing about him, proceeded to pick up my highest result ever. Event horizon can be brutal if people write you off. At one stage I had 3 enemy tower dive me at level 9 only to EH and then proceed to assist the tower. I may have to play him a bit more.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #638 on: January 05, 2012, 02:06:00 PM

With a bad enough enemy team I've twice gotten Veigar to more than 1000AP. Do not feed.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #639 on: January 06, 2012, 04:10:15 AM

Meh, I never understood raging at newbies not knowing something. It conjures this image of a trekkie getting all huffy when someone doesn't speak Klingon.

The one I don't understand is people assuming everyone speaks the same language. Then attacking them when they don't understand.

Player: teemo cout
Teemo: What?
Player: cout teemo cout
Teemo: I'm sorry, what are you saying?
Player: Teemo noob

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #640 on: January 06, 2012, 06:16:56 AM

I've got one account at lvl 30 and one at lvl 29, and this is the first time I've heard of that (cout). No idea what it means. I guess I should look it up or something.

Played my first pvp-game as Graves this morning (after a bunch of coop-vs-ai games) and ended up in bottom lane along with Alistar (Sona top, lee jungle, Swain mid). He proceeded to feed me both minions and enemy players to the point where I had 6 kills while no one else had more than 1. I kinda failed to carry on from there on, though, so the game leveled out and could have gone either way. We won after a counter-attack in the end, though - final stats for me being 12/3/11, which I think isn't too shabby for the first real game with this champ (though I got fed, so.. *shrug*).

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Rasix

Reply #641 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:25 AM

I swear, some players have absolutely no clue about relative power levels at certain points in the game.   This Ahri didn't realize that a very farmed, very fed Trynd (was like 10/2 with more CS than anyone) with his ult will fucking destroy us 1 v 2 if we engage that far from the tower.  Especially when neither of us has our ult and she's at half health.   I was more farmed than she was, but that wasn't saying a whole lot.  That Trynd finished with almost 50% more gold than anyone (yay, botlane).

"2v1 and GP runs away. I love randoms."   rolleyes   Plus we had no vision, but people never bait.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm getting a lot of level 30 guys in games that think they're way better than they actually are.   They're always babysitting a friend or friends that are new to the game.   They always come in super confident, bossing you around, and moving the lanes to their liking.  They're mostly average, their friend feeds hard, and they don't ever want to surrender even though the game is giving you physical pain.

A recent game where I was playing Swain, had me teamed with a friend group of Maoki, Xin, Shaco (jungle), Cait.   I finished like 8/7/x.  "Do you have a skin for Swain" "No" "Ohh, bummer" "what?" "you'll see".  Sure enough, they all had skins for their champs.  Resistance Cait, Tiki looking Maoki, Asylum Shaco, Viscero Xin.  At first I thought I got lucky and this would be an easy win, but I knew rather quickly things were going to be bad when the Shaco tried to gank early (I was mid v. Brand).  He just completely botched it.  Ran up out of stealth, deceived no where near the Brand, ran off in an odd direction, dropped a box, shivved and then just died to the Brand that must have been laughing his ass off.  I killed the Brand a little later, but there was no way to help that Shaco.  He did this all of the time.  He would rarely even melee anyone.

The Shaco was the friend they were helping.  He went 2/17 and was level 11 when I hit 18.  He was doing so badly the enemy Noct was giving him tips during the game and offered to help him out afterwards. Everyone else was completely average and no one had a positive score.  They fed the hell out of the enemy Nocturne, who had free reign over both jungles.   Just terrible game that I could have done rather well in, but once the Nocturne realized I was the only one killing him, he was on my ass the rest of the game.  Always fun being the one that's focused.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:35:37 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #642 on: January 06, 2012, 11:49:26 AM

If you got scrub problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but elo hell ain't one! awesome, for real
Rasix

Reply #643 on: January 06, 2012, 11:56:51 AM

That actually made me chuckle.  At least the Nocturne approved of my skills.   I think it was the first friend request I've gotten in quite a few levels.  I have a host of people on my friends list from 1-20 that I have only a vague idea of who they are.  

And I'm generally well mannered in games, I don't trade barbs with my team or snipe.   I think "play more cautiously" or "you need more farm" is about as negative as I usually get.  I think at worst I've said "I don't think I deserve criticism from someone's that 0/9." or "how many times has that Panth double killed you two now?" (it was 5).

This is my outlet for frustration.  Perhaps I should just blog/radicalthon this nonsense.  Might be fun and actually possible since I usually end my games at least a half an hour before I crash.

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: January 06, 2012, 12:04:09 PM

I'm waiting for someone to start a low elo blog. It will be lol worthy.
Rasix

Reply #645 on: January 06, 2012, 12:12:13 PM

It might be fun actually recording and commentating on one of my own matches. 

"Yah, missed every single CS there."
"No idea why I thought I could win that." 
"Yep, completely forgot where my champ was during that entire fight." 
"Apparently I didn't realize I had flash up."
"I won that fight because that guy just stood there and let me beat on him.  Might have been AFK.  I hope he was."

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: January 08, 2012, 09:34:47 AM

Just played a ranked game where a guy on their team disconnected and my team didn't take the game seriously. (Can you guess what happens later?)

Even though we are playing a 5 v 4 game we are behind on kills and I am fighting 1 v 2 bottom Trist vs Ez / Soraka, because for some reason Janna is just running all around the map and nobody else will come bottom. So I manage to lose bot tower in a 5 v 4 game. Then their guy who was gone comes back (did you guess that would happen?) They have Moakai, Ez, Soraka, Karthus and Xerath and our Morde has built no defense of any kind so there is no way he can do anything. Half the time he dies before he can even activate ult. We manage to get an inhib and Baron while their Moakai who missed a lot of the game is low level, then get aced, then get practically aced again.

Then our GP disconnects.

So at this point everyone on both teams is super farmed. (Ez had 600 CS by end of game 600! and 30k gold. 30k!, Karthus had 2 Archangels staffs...) We have two of their inhibs down, but it is now 5v4 in their favor. We then spend the next 10 minutes slowly pushing along with our super minions, trying to poke and thin out their minions and very slowly win the game. (Thank god I'm Trist!) We get their Nexus down to about 20% health then we get practically aced again. (I think Janna lived) Then we slow push behind the minions again for another 10 minutes. Like I hit one person on their team with one shot, back off, heal off a minion, kill one of their minions, try to hit the Nexus once, run away - it's like performing surgery. The whole time in chat I am saying "don't fight just slow push and let me peck at them." Eventually we grind it out and win.

It was the kind of game that both teams deserved to lose. But it sure feels good to be the winner...playing 64 minutes and losing a game that was 5v4 in our favor for the first 25 minutes (but 5v4 in their favor for the last 25) would have been brutal.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #647 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:27 PM

Ohh god, just had an enemy Soraka pull a "DAT BUILD" on me.. for essentially having the same build.  Only real diff is that they had mobility boots and I had merc treads.  And they had a Soul Shroud and I didn't (had a negatron cape).  Other than that.. Shurelia's, Randuin, Aegis. But apparently my build was awful lacking the 10% cdr they had on me.  And our endgame stats/gold, virtually the same.

Post game others thought she was commenting on how similar.. nope, dead serious.  I R BIG NOOB FOR NOT HAVING THE CDR ON SOUL SHROUD.  I never see that built on Soraka.   undecided

Fucking weirdos.

edit: on a positive note, Udyr is a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:03:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #648 on: January 08, 2012, 11:14:11 PM

CDR on Soraka is good. Mobility boots is pretty wacky though.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #649 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:46 PM

Yah, I should have Ionian boots, I usually do. Mainly got mercs because Sion kept focusing me and I was taking poke damage from AP Kogmaw (annoying).  But it wasn't like I was building death cap, malady or something odd.  

Game was odd anyhow.  Our Brand died in like 3 hits. Every team fight was a 5v4.  Plus our Lee Sin was retarded.  Kept talking shit to our Sivir, who was wrecking face hard.  She was pretty much our only damage in team fights (top was a tank build Singed).

Ohh well, everyone instalocked quicker than I did.  Next time I'll just support-plank and carry.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:21:04 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #650 on: January 09, 2012, 06:37:26 AM

Yeah, I almost never build Soul Shroud on Soraka: given a fairly standard support masteries page, you should be getting 10% CDR from masteries, 15% from shurelia's, and 15% from ionian, so you're capped there.

But, you should always be capping your CDR on Soraka somehow.
Rasix

Reply #651 on: January 09, 2012, 07:01:06 AM

Tough room.  You guys would have "DAT SORAKA BUILD"ed too!

So, what marks on a lanedyr?  Don't have a lot of runepages, so I going to just use my generic ad top laner page of arpen marks, armor seals, mr glyphs and movespeed (should I change this to health?) quints.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #652 on: January 09, 2012, 07:17:06 AM

I think I've actually been doing AP runes for Udyr - though I wouldn't necessarily call my performances hallmark.  awesome, for real He seems like one of those types you could do a hybrid runes/Triforce build with tanky masteries for and do well.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #653 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:05 PM

I don't recommend doing AP for Udyr at all except for a Triforce.

You just don't gain enough from it. I've played hundreds of games as jungle Udyr. Even as phoenix Udyr, I think you gain more from attack speed helping you get that proc than getting AP. Lane Udyr is tiger focused, from what I've seen and heard. I just always thought him as too good of a jungler to use up top. He is good top too, don't get me wrong.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #654 on: January 09, 2012, 12:05:20 PM

Tough room.  You guys would have "DAT SORAKA BUILD"ed too!

So, what marks on a lanedyr?  Don't have a lot of runepages, so I going to just use my generic ad top laner page of arpen marks, armor seals, mr glyphs and movespeed (should I change this to health?) quints.

AS marks are useful in a bunch of places: next time you have some IP to spend, get a full page of those.
Movespeed. No question.

Also, yeah, no AP, regardless of Tiger/Phoenix status.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:13:08 PM by tastyhat »
Rasix

Reply #655 on: January 09, 2012, 01:12:38 PM

I don't recommend doing AP for Udyr at all except for a Triforce.

You just don't gain enough from it. I've played hundreds of games as jungle Udyr. Even as phoenix Udyr, I think you gain more from attack speed helping you get that proc than getting AP. Lane Udyr is tiger focused, from what I've seen and heard. I just always thought him as too good of a jungler to use up top. He is good top too, don't get me wrong.

Turtle first for sustain and then tiger.  Is what I've read, and it works fairly well from first impressions.  Get a point in bear stance early.  Tiger stance is awesome and with bear stance, no one gets away.  Plus, you're just hard as hell to kill with turtle and bear.

Cloth 5 or boots 3 to start. Wriggles for even more sustain.  Boots depend on matchup (probably mercs).  Triforce is recommended with getting a phage first.  Then just build based on what the game's turning out to be. Attack speed, tanky items, and AD. 

-Rasix
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:41 AM

So I didn't get to play for like 5 days and I realized I had no interest in playing at all anymore.  Oh well, it had a good run.

My interest in the game ebbs and flows, and has since the game launched. I haven't played the game in a couple months, but the nice thing is that if/when I do decide to check it out again, there will be a bunch of new characters to try out. Characters I previously played will probably have seen positive changes as well.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #657 on: January 11, 2012, 10:25:05 AM

Joined a 3v3 Summoner's Rift ARAM game recently (seems like a good idea). 

End up as -

Olaf (me), Shaco, Caitlyn  VS  Graves, Luxe, Tristana

Cait disconnected before minions spawn and doesn't come back.  Shaco and I decide to win anyways and crush the other team the entire game.  awesome, for real  (Yes, I'm aware it was likely due almost entirely to our 2v3 level advantage, but it still felt like a great win.)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #658 on: January 11, 2012, 10:57:54 AM

I think I just suck monkey ass at Udyr. It seems like no matter what I do, I can't stand up to any attack whatsoever. Early game and late game I am just fucking worm on a hook. Mid-game I seem to get a few kills but the rest of the time, I can't survive shit and can't do enough damage to win in a 1v1. I may have to come back to him later just to preserve my fragile ego.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:35 AM

The answer: Udyr's tough to play.

Rasix

Reply #660 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:38 AM

I picked Udry a couple games ago.   We have someone queue up with smite, so, yay a jungler.  Yet, after I lock they pick new summoners and I've got a dual lane.  I. DON'T. JUNGLE.

"Udyr, why aren't you jungling"

me: "I picked flash/TP, I thought it'd be pretty obvious I'm not jungling"

"But Udyr is great at jungling, you don't need smite."  "Yah, Udyr is great."

me: "I don't jungle.  I'm not good at it and I don't like to."

"Fine then"  More whining ensures.  I probably should have just said "OK, whatever, I'll jungle", but I just do not like jungling and I never do it.

The jungle Mumu on the other team is REALLY good. He just would have made me look silly.   We got a 2v1 against a Jarvan that just plays passive and waits for ganks.  The Jax in my lane was god awful.  

After bot lost their lane really badly, I just start jungling anyways because we need someone roaming to take the pressure off mid.  It's fast enough with tiger, but not great.   I finish something like 3/3/3.  Completely average play, even though right now I'm just kind of clueless with Udyr.  And oddly enough, I'm really good with him in team fights but really awful laning. Mostly the opposite of what I do with anyone else.  I was the only person to finish with more than 1 kill.  swamp poop

I should probably just toughen up and jungle some, but I don't like taking shit from people in this game.  And if you lead with, "Ok, I don't jungle a lot, be patient", you're going to take the blame for the loss and listen to bickering the entire fucking time from assholes that make your job impossible.

edit:

Had games last night where I went 8/1/x and 15/6/x (with a 10 kill streak).   1 win, 1 loss.  One where I'd say I played really well, and one where I'd say I actually played poorly despite carrying.  One not so ideal lane, one ideal lane.   Just funny how it works out. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:26:01 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #661 on: January 11, 2012, 11:46:33 AM

I love the nuances of jungling.

That being said, I understand people not wanting to play it. I'd rather get poked in the eye than play AD carry. I just suck ass at it.

One of the key things with Udyr is not being afraid to use your flash offensively. This may be more useful information when you are jungling and have red buff. In team fights I basically bull rush carries with Bear while soaking up mad damage and burning/stunning fuckers on my way through. Phoenix and sunfire cape adds up.

Top Udyr...shit man I'm yawning just thinking about it :) Top anything is kinda boring these days.

BTW guys, my jungle Cho is pretty solid now. No really guys. It is. No more bad malady build :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #662 on: January 11, 2012, 12:13:20 PM

Using Wit's End instead?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Top lane for me is pretty much just GP.  Other shit right now is too easily countered at random when you play blind.  I don't have other tops like Kennen, Rumble or Riven (none whom I have played) that are pretty safe picks.  I'm sure it's also a bit hard to lose as Yorick.  Q, farm, Q, farm.  Avoid gank.  Q, farm.  Ult, free assist.  Q, farm, Q.   If one of those early Qs crits, hey, free kill!

However, right now I'm in the retard elo of no-one-wants-to-jungle so it's rare you can get a solo top.  Or if you do, someone locked that shit before you even loaded champ selection.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #663 on: January 11, 2012, 12:31:10 PM

One of the key things with Udyr is not being afraid to use your flash offensively.

That's actually been the way I've gotten a few kills.

This may be more useful information when you are jungling and have red buff. In team fights I basically bull rush carries with Bear while soaking up mad damage and burning/stunning fuckers on my way through. Phoenix and sunfire cape adds up.

In team fights, I can't seem to soak up shit. I feel like a paper tiger, especially if I rush in - I'm focusfucked to death in an instant. I've found I get a negative K/D, though I have at least twice as many assists as kills. I mean, I've been getting him up to over 3k hit points and still don't feel like I can withstand anyone. Akali in particular just mulchs me.

I think I've been doing it wrong, as I've tended to lead with the Bear stun, then switch to tiger. Suddenly, the target is running away and able to escape.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #664 on: January 11, 2012, 01:05:45 PM

BTW guys, my jungle Cho is pretty solid now. No really guys. It is. No more bad malady build :)

Facepalm

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: