Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356830 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: December 30, 2011, 10:06:57 AM

He was apparently streaming it. I kind of hammed it up a bit after killing him.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: December 30, 2011, 12:22:08 PM

ranked is really full of fucking asshats. 
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: December 30, 2011, 01:49:13 PM

So, it is worth noting that ELO hell does exist: it's that area at 1200 +/- 50 (+/- 100 at the extremes) where you have a chance of being matched with people who are provisionally ranked players (people with less than 10-12 games, who can be of any skill level). But get out of that little strip of ELO (once your provisional games end), and you'll be in much better shape.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #598 on: December 30, 2011, 05:53:07 PM

Just played a game against Dyrus' smurf account. (Dyrus is like 2200 elo and a pro player, I am around 1485)

I got first blood on him. With Sona.

Then my team made horrible decisions and he got super fed and crushed us. lol.

I'm guessing he was playing Corki on his "Insert Smurf Here" account.  I saw some of that last night but didn't catch your game (actually, I may have watched the end of it, but I can't recall).  In the one I watched from the start, he got first blood.   Dyrus tends to be my favorite streamer to watch, mostly because he plays solo lanes most of the time.  His Singed/Morde/GP play is pretty fun to watch.   Plus, he's not a total troll (he gets trollish) or completely emotionally retarded like some.  

My string of luck has been pretty awful on Soraka lately.  I played one really good game with a good team where the other team was calling us premades and losing their shit at the end.  Our jungler was just really good and helped our 1 v 2 lane a lot. My Soraka/Shen lane (lol, unkillable) had a Kayle/Garen lane sitting at their tower the entire time.  The Shen was a bit suicidal, but played the bully pretty well and helped other lanes when needed.

Then I played two more solid games where my team was completely terrible.  My lane did fine, but the rest just got stomped.  In the first game, our jungle Fiddle was pretty retarded.  Died to minions twice and didn't really pull off any successful ganks.  Some pud playing the new champ kept getting ganked by Shaco (had no wards) and bitching about how UP he was and how OP Shaco was.   Second game was just as bad with our 2 v 1 top  of Garen/Jax being getting stomped by a lone Teemo.  Jax whined so hard and was so underleveled that he was getting on my nerves.  I started prompting for surrenders at 20 mins even though we weren't far behind in kills at all.   However, I was the only person that was positive k/d and not shitting up our chat.  At least I got a "GJ Soraka" at the end, while my team continued to snipe at each other.  

I'm thinking I need to play a more offensive support or just start taking more CS and building a bit more offensively.  It seems like I'm wasted on teams that don't have a player good enough to carry.  Or just say fuck the support concept and pick a non-support for a kill lane.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #599 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:55 PM

I just had my team surrender in a 5 v 4 almost 10 minutes after I made their Trynd rage quit. No. Fucking. WORDS.   Argh!

-Rasix
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: December 30, 2011, 10:33:49 PM

Saved the post-game stats for posterity?
Rasix

Reply #601 on: December 30, 2011, 11:37:07 PM

Wish I did, now that I think on it.  Were still 11/18 at that point, but starting to catch up (yah, that bad).  Our bot lane was a combined 3/12.  I was 4/1/3 and farmed as well.  There wasn't a player on their team I could kill, even the 8/1 Panth.  The problem is the bot lane had mailed it in.  The Ashe saying the game was "boring".  The Garen was a clueless idiot that was wanting to surrender at the 20 minute mark.   Our Annie wasn't THAT bad and our jungle Karthas was competent. 

Garen: "Let's just give up, I'm feeding too bad"
me:  "It's a 5v4, we WILL win this."

Surrender vote pops up and passes 4/1.

me: "WTF"
entire opposing team: "HAHAHAHAHAH"

Aside from the ragequit Trynd, I think all were queued together. But they weren't that good.   

I've fallen into some sort of normal ELO hell.  I want to queue dodge half of the time during champ select from how dumb and thoughtless the team comps are.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: December 31, 2011, 04:29:53 AM

My personal pet peeve is our friendly vent play group getting bitchy over a bad lol run. Fuckers should be smarter than that. We need coordination, not retardation.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: December 31, 2011, 07:21:59 AM

You all are playing on vent? I never see any of you online in the chat client, should I just hang out on the vent?
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: December 31, 2011, 08:42:44 AM

10/5/5 second time as jungle vayne. I think I have a winner.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #605 on: December 31, 2011, 09:32:57 AM

You all are playing on vent? I never see any of you online in the chat client, should I just hang out on the vent?

This is just a Finnish IRL friend thing.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #606 on: December 31, 2011, 12:19:57 PM

10/5/5 second time as jungle vayne. I think I have a winner.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Saw Snoopeh run jungle ashe, and I must say it looked pretty fun :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: December 31, 2011, 12:40:18 PM

Saw Snoopeh run jungle ashe, and I must say it looked pretty fun :)

Jungle ashe -> all the time in the world to release an arrow to the face ^_^
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: December 31, 2011, 01:41:15 PM

Anybody see Dyrus tear it up as jungle singed (ghost/smite)? You have to have a team which is patient with you just farming and farming for a bit, but once it gets rolling, it's pretty darn scary.
Rasix

Reply #609 on: December 31, 2011, 01:54:49 PM

Anybody see Dyrus tear it up as jungle singed (ghost/smite)? You have to have a team which is patient with you just farming and farming for a bit, but once it gets rolling, it's pretty darn scary.

I'll have to watch one of the replays.  His Singed is always fun. 

Just bought Swain.  Only one game so far, but I did pretty well for my team being bad as always.  Love his kit.  His sustainability is fantastic and his dps is really deceptive.

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: December 31, 2011, 02:18:33 PM

When I played Dyrus on "Insert Smurf Here" he was Tryndamere, tried to dive our tower, I put some damage and a slow on him and the tower killed him.

We really should have won the game. We were a lot better than their team (minus Dyrus) but we made some dumb mistakes. They were hanging around Baron and I said "don't go bottom or they will baron." So some people go bottom, they try to Baron and I have to suicide to stop them. I say, again, "don't go bottom or they will Baron", two people on our team immediately go bottom, they baron and win the game off of that. Really frustrating.

It's funny, every time I watch Dyrus stream he gets a pentakill. He almost got a penta on us at the very end of the game but one of our guys hid in our pool lol.

As far as jungle Singed goes, Singed is really hard to play in top lane now, especially if you pick him first. So many champions beat him badly top. Especially now that level 2 junglers can come gank you 45 seconds into the game, it's really hard not to die a couple times. But Singed becomes really strong with levels, even if he doesn't have much farm. Jungling allows you to get at least some farm without dying, and his ganks are good. I might try it, I'm scared to play top lane Singed these days.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: December 31, 2011, 11:40:55 PM

4v5 ARAM game?  No problem, I'll just Soraka carry.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #612 on: December 31, 2011, 11:56:35 PM

Goddamn. Were the people you were playing against limbless puddles of flesh?

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: January 01, 2012, 04:09:52 AM

I finally seem to be breaking out of my losing streak in normal pick pub games - my Sivir as harass has got better after watching replays of others using her. Got paid out at the start of the game for my PAX skin, took an early death but then started using the brush a lot more. Our Fiddlesticks was trying to jungle (badly), Tryn was never around when you need it but Teemo and I held our lane nicely. Mid-game I thought we were done, lost all but our inhibitor turrets but it turns out that their side had some sad players too. In the end it was a case of Sivir's ult pulling down their turrets - in hindsight I should have had teleport to get around the map/backdoor more readily. The rest of the team pulled a baron gank and I pulled turrets and inhibs. It was a good feeling at the end, even though my kills aren't high, I felt like I'd played a good game.

I felt sorry for their Malzahar - he was their best player.

Still learning but having fun at level 23

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: January 01, 2012, 05:12:35 AM

Does anyone know any Shyvana streams, especially if they have jungling? I've been mostly playing Shyv and Volibear lately, and they occupy pretty much the same slot in team composition. However the power level differential is so goddamn huge that I'm starting to doubt if anyone has ever managed to be consistently successful with Shyv.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: January 01, 2012, 07:00:51 AM

4 v 5 in ARAM is actually pretty fair, because the 4 get significantly more XP. For some teams hitting 6 while enemies are all still 5 is a big deal and can snowball you to victory. Having 4 is a lot better than having a fifth who isn't very good. I think I've probably lost more ARAM games 5 v 4 than I have won.

I once won a 3 v 5. It was me as Cass along with a Sona and a Soraka. Basically we just couldn't die and I could poke the shit out of them, until I became strong enough to melt them all. It took a REALLY long time though, like an hour and a half game...

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: January 01, 2012, 09:37:51 AM

4 v 5 in ARAM is actually pretty fair, because the 4 get significantly more XP. For some teams hitting 6 while enemies are all still 5 is a big deal and can snowball you to victory. Having 4 is a lot better than having a fifth who isn't very good. I think I've probably lost more ARAM games 5 v 4 than I have won.

I once won a 3 v 5. It was me as Cass along with a Sona and a Soraka. Basically we just couldn't die and I could poke the shit out of them, until I became strong enough to melt them all. It took a REALLY long time though, like an hour and a half game...

Our team was terrible for 4v5 though, we should not of won.  With Annie/Lux as our only DPS every fight should of been them casting their spells and both being dead before cooldowns are back up.  We had no constant dps, the people we played against were just so impressively terrible.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: January 02, 2012, 12:24:27 AM

Just went 9/1 on Corki. Feels good man. Missile to the face all day long.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #618 on: January 02, 2012, 07:34:26 AM

A good Corki is one of my most feared opponents.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #619 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:12 AM

I am HORRIBLE with Shen. Fucktastically terrible. I had one of the worst games of my life last night and the only reason my team won is because we were 5v4. I just apparently had no clue how to play him and only did so because he was free and I wanted to try him out again. 2/16/8? That's wretched. Our team may not have been great, but I was clearly the weak link and apologized to the entire team like 5 minutes in.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #620 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:41 AM

Man, these last couple days have been brutal, lost about 100 elo. I'm not sure if it's because school is out or what but my games are full of people who have no clue.

Example: Their bot lane is Graves / Soraka and I have picked Corki. Our support says "Lux or Leona?" I say that we need a support that can heal. They pick Lux.

5 minutes later we lose our tower and Graves has twice my cs. Just an automatic loss from someone who doesn't understand lane composition at all. Non-healing support can work in a lane you can be aggressive in. However Graves / Soraka is not a lane you can win by being aggressive and not healing. Way too much healing and too much armor, no way to burst them down, no way to win a way of attrition if you can't heal.

Had a game where our mid disconnected every 5 minutes. Had a game where we already had a jungle Udyr and someone picked jungle Gragas. Jungle Gragas! And before you say "it can work" sure, it can, but it sure as hell didn't. Had a game where our jungle Nocturne never gave our mid Kassadin a single blue. Our whole team was begging him to give Kassadin blue, it was basically 4 v 5 as Kass was always OOM and fell far behind in lane as well.

I don't get it. Did the Noct just want to lose and was trolling? Did he really think jungler taking every blue was the best plan? 75% of the junglers I've had on this slide have played like they are trolling. And I don't mean in the typical you are losing the game so blame the jungler way, I mean just crazy shit like a guy who picks jungle Riven, starts at red, can't kill red, needs to recall, goes back to red, I have to come from top to leash it again and put damage on it, and we are both 2 levels behind in the first 2 minutes of the game.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #621 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:32 AM

My last two games have been frustrating affairs with at least one person getting DC'ed really early and it essentially decided the game. If there was anything else they could do to fucking fix it so that a DC gets replaced, even if it's just by a goddamn bot.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: January 03, 2012, 08:49:50 AM

My last two games have been frustrating affairs with at least one person getting DC'ed really early and it essentially decided the game. If there was anything else they could do to fucking fix it so that a DC gets replaced, even if it's just by a goddamn bot.

All a bot is going to do it feed people.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #623 on: January 03, 2012, 08:55:04 AM

At least it would be another target they could focus on instead of narrowing down the target choices for the other team.

Rasix

Reply #624 on: January 03, 2012, 09:19:41 AM

This game was so bizarre.  If it wasn't so fucked up from the very start it would have been frustrating as hell.

Champ select mostly goes fine. We don't have a support, but that tends to happen when a massive losing streak starts pairing you with complete retards.  Annie locks in right away with those summoners.

Skarner and Akali (her friends): Go ghost/ignite, Annie.

Repeat that until countdown ends.  Annie is still TP/Surge.

Game starts and they repeat the instruction.  Annie is very confused.  It's apparent at this time that she's a total noob.  

Akali announces that she and Annie will go bottom because Annie is a friend that they're teaching her LoL.  GREAT.  They completely botch Skarner's leash.  

I go top.  Twitch goes top as well.  

me: Go mid, Twitch.

Twitch:  No, Annie should go mid.

me:  She's going bot.  

Twitch: Why?

me: FFS, read chat.  <I go mid, since he obviously isn't.>

Twitch: I don't want a solo lane!

*Anivia kills Twitch*

And ta-da, I get Kogmaw.  This Kogmaw isn't a retard.

me:  I can't lane against a Kogmaw.  

Twitch:  Annie should mid.  

So, I do a lot of poking.  Get some CS and manage to trade some kills.  Twitch isn't staying in lane at all.  At the 25 minute mark he has 19 CS.  Skarner is absolutely going bonkers swearing at him.  Sure, he's wandering around being Twitch, but he's mostly just KSing kills and getting caught and he is completely fucking up any chance we have at winning.  

I'm basically covering both mid and top.  Losing some EXP having to move around so much.  Anivia is top and thank god she wasn't very good. With boots I can dodge her skill shots and orange out of her on hit affect.  Skarner and I abuse her pretty bad, as anytime she's up and at top, we just egg and kill her. Opposing team Twitch gets fed off Annie and Akali.  Nasus is getting a bit scary too, since our Annie pretty much doesn't know how to play at all and our Akali is just bad.  

Luckily, the Skarner is very good and getting fed.  I think I've played with him before because the name is awfully familiar.  I have a few dumb deaths (one chasing Mumu and getting caught by Twitch and one brush facecheck into their entire team), but it's mostly trades or getting focused in team fights.  

So, at the end it comes down to having both Nexus towers down and them not having an inhib down.  We're pushing mid and Twitch engages their entire team OUT OF STEALTH.  Their Nasus pops Shurelia's and I'm the only one that survives.  GG.  They go straight down middle and win it about 2 seconds before the team respawns.  I just can't do enough to prevent it since its' a 5v1, and if I engage, Twitch and Kogmaw will tear through me.

Skarner goes apeshit.  Twitch and him just start swearing back and forth.  Twitch did throw the game, sure, but the buddy combo on the bottom allowed it to even get to that point.  If there was another player on the team that wasn't completely braindead, we would have won easily.  As is, I've noticed you need at least 3 competent players to win.  2 just doesn't cut it.

And yah, NO BOOTS.   Argh!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:22:50 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: January 03, 2012, 10:29:10 AM

Meh, I never understood raging at newbies not knowing something. It conjures this image of a trekkie getting all huffy when someone doesn't speak Klingon.
Rasix

Reply #626 on: January 03, 2012, 10:48:54 AM

Meh, I never understood raging at newbies not knowing something. It conjures this image of a trekkie getting all huffy when someone doesn't speak Klingon.

If it makes any difference, I kept quiet during the game.  Most I said was trying to get our lanes sorted out, coordinate pushes, and keep Skarner's blood pressure under control.  The Twitch just never seemed to grasp "they're teaching her how to play, so she's going bot". 

I don't care how new you are, buy some goddamn boots. Akali was lvl 30 btw with around 370 wins.  Annie just didn't really listen to anything anyone said.  It wasn't even anything complex like "save your stun for when I go in" it was more like "use your spells", "buy some boots",  "don't instalock and go afk, james, you needed to select different summoner spells",  "don't wander off alone into their jungle".
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:52:27 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31:54 AM

It always amazes me the amount of people that just apparently don't read anything.  I can't be the only one that frequently sees things like someone at character selected picks a character and says "I'm planning on going top."

Then 30 seconds into the game you have someone say "I'm top or I'm feeding."  Which usually completely destroys your lane comps.

Then when you point out what happened they just say something like they went afk at champ select like it's a normal thing everyone does.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: January 03, 2012, 11:43:06 AM

This game was so bizarre.  If it wasn't so fucked up from the very start it would have been frustrating as hell.

You know, we all say: "Don't play AI games"...but this is when you play AI games.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:47 PM

All a bot is going to do it feed people.

I hate playing bot. I can lane well (e.g. do not feed , not lose cs and get kills if enemy is weak), but most a lot of time its a farm fest and the game decided elsewhere (your top/jungler/mid lose the ball real hard and u screwed no matter what)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: