Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356927 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: December 09, 2011, 02:42:55 PM

Most Sions these days build boots of mobility, the boots that make you go super fast when out of combat. The idea is to use your shield to blow up all the minions in your lane then quickly run to and gank one of the other lanes.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: December 09, 2011, 04:52:55 PM

Ryze is now mMy favorite AP carry.If not for trolls I would be out of elo hell:

And the last game- no I wasnt carried , enemy AD team focused my 198 armor and 3200 HP hard every team fight, they got me every time but got aced every time as well lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:55:28 PM by Dark_MadMax »
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:59 PM

Now I know why people shy away from playing support.  Holy shit you take a lot of flak. 

I think this is very much character specific.  People's brains seem to turn to mush if you have an honest to goodness heal like Soraka or Sona.  I rarely take any flak on Zil or Janna though.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: December 09, 2011, 08:00:23 PM

Most Sions these days build boots of mobility, the boots that make you go super fast when out of combat. The idea is to use your shield to blow up all the minions in your lane then quickly run to and gank one of the other lanes.

Yes and they are scrubs.  awesome, for real
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #529 on: December 09, 2011, 08:17:21 PM

I havent seen any of the problems running support that you guys do, unless I play really bad. Support isn't that hard to play, but it is to play it really well. Most the time people at my elo are happy to see a support over some raging fucker that picks 4th and MUST SOLO MID

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #530 on: December 11, 2011, 09:44:21 PM

Ryze is now mMy favorite AP carry.If not for trolls I would be out of elo hell:

And the last game- no I wasnt carried , enemy AD team focused my 198 armor and 3200 HP hard every team fight, they got me every time but got aced every time as well lol

Ryze is quickly becoming my favorite to play period.  Very rarely do I not feel that I've made a positive contribution with him.  Some lane matchups aren't very favorable (I love that Fizz can basically decide to just chunk you if he lands that fucking fish), but when the game goes to team fights, I think you're pretty damn strong.   Plus, you've got auras, durability and spammable spells.   One game I truly did bad was due mainly to my lane partner, a Wukong, (would rather solo, but alas, meta) being a complete basket case.   We get a 2 v 1 lane, and I swear he fat fingered his abilities or just flat out didn't engage at all any time I got under fire.   Jarvan jumps on me and he immediately ults.. 20 ft away. He did this sort of shit soo many times.  Probably his first time on Wu.. I hope.

All of the sudden, however, I seem to have no idea on how to play my bruisers, at all.  My GP was coming around, and then all of the sudden my Wukong has gone into the shitter.  Tried Garen, but I don't think I like him very much.  Plus, I was bizzaro Garen, getting destroyed early but mopping up late.  Bought Trynd, but unsure if I want to bring him out.  People seem to be instalocking solo top pretty fast nowadays, so I'm getting limited reps as well.   Might just go back to Singed.  I play him from time to time and am always pretty solid.  Less of a chance of some of the truly bafflng bad play I've had at other times. 

And the bad play and community is finally starting to get to me.  SWTOR's looming too.  A break might not be a bad thing.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: December 12, 2011, 06:17:28 AM

Yeah, there are a huge number of people wanting to play solotop. There was a time when I was getting a lot of practice on Irelia, and now, never.

On the other hand, the competence of people in the occasional 1v2 solo top match has risen immensely.

AD carries are actually the least picked (after support of course), and I kind of understand why after a few times playing Sivir. Sometimes I get her to rock, sometimes I'm stuck fighting for CS in a Sivir/Riven lane, and that's no fun.

Still, people don't like jungling, so I just get to run around as a tanky scorpion all day. Fine by me!

Take a break! We'll all still be here.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #532 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59:08 AM

I liked Sivir the first time I played her, but as I've gotten to understand the game more, I really don't like her. She's just too passive/auto-attacky for me.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #533 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:11 AM

More importantly why the fuck does her pinwheel change sizes all the time.

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

Reply #534 on: December 12, 2011, 10:34:16 AM

AD carries are actually the least picked (after support of course), and I kind of understand why after a few times playing Sivir. Sometimes I get her to rock, sometimes I'm stuck fighting for CS in a Sivir/Riven lane, and that's no fun.

Yah, if there's two slots left, it's usually the support and AD carry waiting to be picked. Now I just pick Soraka and hope for the best.  I used to say "Ok, I'm terrible at ranged AD, but it looks like we need one", then watch as the last person locks in a solo/top AP carry and shits all over your CS in bot lane.  So you're under-farmed and playing a role you're not great at.  Fantastic.  And with my luck, it's one of the occasions where your jungler is a complete psycho. 

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:20 AM

I liked Sivir the first time I played her, but as I've gotten to understand the game more, I really don't like her. She's just too passive/auto-attacky for me.

You know, I actually like that aspect.  I'm happy to just get farmed and then be like: here's me teleporting and taking down your towers in fifteen seconds. When you get some lifesteal built on her, you can even solo tank towers for a bit. And on matches where you have teleport, and nobody on the opps does? Might as well gg then.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: December 12, 2011, 03:00:59 PM

I started learning Sivir a few days ago, a great champ. She's totally not an autoattack champ, at least not with my build (which I understand was popular back in the day before Sivir got nerfed originally). I'm currently going Manamune, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart (+ Berz Boots and Philo Stone) for a really persistent pain in the arse AD carry. Once you get the 'Mune you can spam Q and W to harrass very effectively.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: December 12, 2011, 05:11:31 PM

I started learning Sivir a few days ago, a great champ. She's totally not an autoattack champ, at least not with my build (which I understand was popular back in the day before Sivir got nerfed originally). I'm currently going Manamune, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart (+ Berz Boots and Philo Stone) for a really persistent pain in the arse AD carry. Once you get the 'Mune you can spam Q and W to harrass very effectively.

Is manamune enough to make her really carry? I like watching my AD carry absolutely melt people late game.....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:23 PM

I started learning Sivir a few days ago, a great champ. She's totally not an autoattack champ, at least not with my build (which I understand was popular back in the day before Sivir got nerfed originally). I'm currently going Manamune, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart (+ Berz Boots and Philo Stone) for a really persistent pain in the arse AD carry.

Sounds bad.

She already has a spell shield, why get Veil? And Frozen Heart? How are you doing damage? Your only damage item is Manamune, which is pretty meh. Anyone with any armor is going to be able to just shrug off your damage.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:36 PM

Just spitballing, and without reading anything, but manamune sounds good to rush, then maybe get something like Ghostblade to get some ar pen, crit, and cooldown reduction (for more blades so you can use all that mana), AS, movespeed...then an IE and maybe a tanky item. Bloodthirster for the lifesteal last? Run flat armor yellows and MR/level blues...with AR pen marks and whatever quints you feel. Probably rock 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 for survivabilty. I haven't played her in probably over a year and have no idea but sounds good to me!

My completely untested theory build:

Manamune
Ghostblade
IE
Bloodthirster
TANKY ITEM (maybe mallet)
Some boots

Get in a fight, pop ult, ghostblade, SURGE?...maybe kill something!

EDIT: probably fuck manamune altogether and just get chalice or something.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:46 PM

Sivir was the only AD carry I owned until two days ago (when I picked up Tristana). The new Sivir is definitely much less of an auto-attack carry than the old one, and certainly less than most other carries, which I do feel opens up a wider variety of viable builds.

My build is generally: start with pendant, get tear and boots ASAP, then either finish manamune and later berserker's or, if necessary, postpone manamune in favour of stacking doran's and in that case grab berserker's greaves before manamune.

From there it's Bloodthirster's, then either Banshee's Veil or Phantom Dancer depending on what's going on. Anything past that is like w/e, but I would probably pick up a second Bloodthirster's as my last item, or maybe Stark's.

The idea that having spellshield somehow decreases the usefulness of Veil is... not really all that sensible, to my thinking. The MR health and mana are also pretty useful, though I guess you could try a Frozen Mallet instead to really kite it up -- but given that I'm always getting the Bloodthirster's first, I feel like by that stage of the game there's not really all that much kiting going on.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:12 AM

There is nothing wrong with Veil but getting Veil before significant damage items is weird even if you don't have a spell shield. So much invested into staying alive but why bother if enemy can just ignore you?

I'm not a fan of stacking thirsters because you lose so much when you die. In general I'm not a fan of stacks you lose when you die because the games where you are dying are the games you want to be able to come back and still win and stack items make that even harder. One thirster is fine but I would never build a second one unless it was for lulz or unless I was somehow getting into 1 v 1 fights I wanted to keep winning.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:59:24 AM by Margalis »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: December 13, 2011, 01:45:50 AM

I probably went overboard with the protection but solo queue does things like that to you. She's not ignorable by any means though, I was consistently able to carry.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: December 13, 2011, 09:40:44 AM

I'm not a fan of stacking thirsters because you lose so much when you die.

Yeah, I agree, but in this case we're talking about a 6th item -- and while sure Sivir farms extremely well, at that point if you die the game is probably over anyways. Also, being Sivir, you tend to get those stacks back very fast if you lose them.

The double-Bloodthirster's ultra-endgame thing was probably more appropriate to the old Sivir anyways, where the goal was just to get to the point where you can auto-attack in teamfights using your super-short range with little fear of death -- basically 'as long as I am attacking, we win', because the constant bouncing would do such ridiculous damage, and the lifesteal and veil/shield helps keep you alive. The new Sivir is much less auto-attacky, or at least you have to be more proactive with your ricochets, etc. even in the very late game.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:59 AM

Richochet triggers on-next hit effects.

Ghostblade
Triforce
IE

Sheen effect + IE crit effect + three sources of crit = pain.

Start with Brutalizer or Sheen (Sheen if you have mana issues).

yeah, it's expensive as hell.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: December 14, 2011, 10:15:04 AM

How to become a the best LoL player in the world: http://imgur.com/TXMNw
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:19 AM

How to become a the best LoL player in the world: http://imgur.com/TXMNw
priceless!!!!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: December 14, 2011, 12:05:54 PM

Heh

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: December 14, 2011, 12:12:47 PM

As much as calling mia is the only reason to keep your chat box on, it teaches people that not looking to your fucking bottom right will save your life. You won't believe how slow peoples reaction times are at even the 1400 elo.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: December 14, 2011, 02:55:01 PM

In addition to the whole Sivir business, I've also been jungling a lot. It's kinda funny, Riot proclaimed that they wanted to make jungle more accessible, but it's not. If you're bad or have a bad jungler champ, you won't die to the creeps but you'll fall way behind in exp, easily to the point of being a free kill. That means superfast junglers like Shyvana have received a huge stealth buff, because they can take a few failed ganks without becoming gimped.

I also tried Poppy jungling precisely once. It's ridiculous, but in early game taking down any single jungle camp drains all her mana.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #550 on: December 14, 2011, 03:04:00 PM

It's quite surreal realizing during a game that I'm the best player on my team and without myself and one other player, this team would be total shit. I played SR last night as Twitch and just owned face (for me that is - 22/9/15). Started mid lane against a Caitlyn and was 11 when she hit level 8. I was up like 5 kills to 2 deaths but she did manage to take down my first turret before I killed her and took down hers. I can't figure out WTF the other lanes were doing because I was literally like 3 or 4 levels above them and they hadn't taken any turrets but none of the other team seemed particularly fed either. We ended up having to grab Baron and make a made dash rush to win because both nexus turrets were down for both teams because of some badly timed deaths. The rest of the team was just terrible. The game lasted almost an hour when it really shouldn't have.

I sat the results screen just in awe wondering how it was possible. On my BEST days with good farm, I'm a mediocre player. I didn't check summoner levels, so maybe that was it. It was just  swamp poop ACK!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:46 AM

Been messing around with AP Jungle Gragas. He is a boss coming out of the woods. Super ganker after level 6, once some AP is built up you can clear waves/camps with ease. Useful late game for poke/initiation. Kinda squishy. Nice escape ability, though.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: December 17, 2011, 10:12:55 PM

First ranked games: 0-2. :(

Some lessons: if you don't like the people you just played with: don't requeue at all.

And the thing here is that the quality of play just plummeted: like I was getting pretty good at normals, so I was getting some quality opponents...but now just the bottom dropped out and I'm back with the super-whiners and the people who play only two characters, and inefficient builds.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: December 18, 2011, 02:40:47 AM

You have to tough out the first few games of ranked, they're placement matches.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: December 18, 2011, 02:42:33 AM

When I started ranked I had AFK/leavers like 10 of my first 12 games, ended up at 800 elo lol.

Now at 1450 or so I'm practically a pro gamer!

Rasix

Reply #555 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:09 AM

God, help me, I think I'm turning into a support player.   ACK!  Still almost always as Soraka.  Tried Sona, but I was having problems gauging the distance for her Q, but I did land a lot of solid Rs (that were wasted on my shit-ass team).  Might try a couple games as Alistair, if I get the right lane partner.  Taric doesn't sound appealing, except for bot lane with Vayne/Cait.

I find support is the easiest for me to play and be satisfied with how I'm playing when I'm only doing a game or two a day (thanks to SWTOR).  The biggest thing that I seem to struggle with now that I'm not playing as much is my spacing in team battles is atrocious.  I get focused a damn ton and always seem to be in the middle of the rape train.  I do notice that a lot of people like to pick on the support for an easier kill, while the rest of their team gets mauled by the carries.   This becomes less of a problem later in game as all of your aura items end up making you a bit durable. 

And.. gotta love that Shurelia's.  Saved some asses with that yesterday.

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: December 19, 2011, 12:26:55 PM

Support can be fun to play with a good group.

Support will make you rage quit solo queue as you play a great game and watch helplessly as your horrible carries throw the game away.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

Reply #557 on: December 19, 2011, 12:33:48 PM

I must have been playing decently, because I never get a word said to me other than "thanks" or "buy more wards".  I got a "get oracles" in my last game and proceeded to sweep the map of.. 0 wards.   awesome, for real

The buy more wards thing is a bit annoying when the bastards won't bother warding their own lane or place a single ward themselves.  I could have nice items, but I'm getting a stack of wards every trip to base.  I think I need to finally break down and buy gp/10 quints/seals.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:50 PM

Well, it seems like the ideal support setup is:

Arm (flat)
GP10, MReg/lvl
MR/lvl
GP10, FT

So whatever inches you closer to that?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:38 PM

I must have been playing decently, because I never get a word said to me other than "thanks" or "buy more wards".  I got a "get oracles" in my last game and proceeded to sweep the map of.. 0 wards.   awesome, for real

The buy more wards thing is a bit annoying when the bastards won't bother warding their own lane or place a single ward themselves.  I could have nice items, but I'm getting a stack of wards every trip to base.  I think I need to finally break down and buy gp/10 quints/seals.

I know how it's annoying, but actually, this is kind of your job: like really, if you've built your CDR boots, Shurelias, and an Aegis, that's pretty much an okay item build for a support. The advantage of GP10 runes is how quick you can get your first GP10 item: it's something like 3:10 with a Regrowth/Ward start.

And the oracle sweeping for 0 wards: awesome. Now you know they have no idea where you are.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: