Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:10:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359092 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #455 on: November 25, 2011, 10:14:12 PM

I only have time for 2 or 3 a day.  Helps keeps the aggravation down.  

My games last week were pretty tough at times and thus I started to lose a bit and my ratios weren't great.  Then this week came and it's back to derpy players and games plagued by trolls, afkers and leaves.   But wins and carrying hard.  I liked two weeks ago when I couldn't lose and I had no idea why.

I have a new strategy for coping with playing crappy.  Pick Ryze, randomly mash buttons, and watch the sparklies fly. Shit, he's even effective on my parents horrible PC.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: November 26, 2011, 05:14:10 AM

*clacks blood-stained pincers*

Game before that was only 13-1. I just started with superfast clear (anybody who can do wolves/blue gets a big boost imho), and then started picking on the Warwick majorly. The rest was just slicing people up.

I'd totally buy Skarner this minute, but I'm gonna wait till the remake comes out to judge it.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: November 26, 2011, 10:33:19 AM

I haven't jumped into the jungle game yet as I want to start with Fiddle and I need a bit more umph to do it justice.  Hoping the changes open it up and I don't have to wait for more dedicated rune slots and mastery points.

Then again I expect everyone and their dog will want to jungle after the changes.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: November 26, 2011, 03:26:10 PM

I like Reverie as much as the next person, but I'd rather my support build it.

Support typically uses Reverie to either run from lost battles or pursue after won ones. Rammus can use it to gank and initiate small battle where often support won't even be around.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #459 on: November 26, 2011, 10:47:07 PM

Man, I just took endless shit in a game from yet another psychotic Shaco.  Mainly because I forgot to call MIA when Karthus left lane while I was backing and he killed Shaco (happened in like 5 seconds, so probably faster than I would have typed it anyhow). Then my e hit some creeps (it does that) during a gank, and he went apeshit.  His friend, the laning Rammus, decided to shit talk me after I put Shaco on ignore.  Fun times.  Funny it was in..  

They ran out of interesting stuff to stay.  Those guys sure loved to stand in Karthus' AOE.  Shaco's KD only went decent when we were pushing into base, he was mostly KSing my combos.   awesome, for real  Seems like every bad Shaco is immediately on your ass whenever he dies.  IT WAS UR FAULT, RYZE.

edit: Heh, I don't think I've lost with Ryze yet.  Not a huge same size, however.  Maybe 6-8 games.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:53:51 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:02 PM

Aww, on the way to 14-1, somebody said: "Everytime I've played with you, you've been an awesome jungler."   Heart

The thing about Skarner, is that if he gets any kills early, he just becomes supertough. Like you don't even have to build super tanky, (I'm doing wriggles/merc/sheen/trinity) because his stats are so naturally good. I spent a good 2 or 3 minutes just bullying people around in their jungle.
Rasix

Reply #461 on: November 28, 2011, 02:44:22 PM

I think I'm going to start queue dodging anyone with a blatantly racist name, they're almost always terrible players.  I almost feel like applying this to player names that advertise how much weed they smoke, but they can be decent from time to time.  Also, dodging any instalock Eves. 

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:18 PM

I think I'm going to start queue dodging anyone with a blatantly racist name, they're almost always terrible players.  I almost feel like applying this to player names that advertise how much weed they smoke, but they can be decent from time to time.  Also, dodging any instalock Eves. 

Don't forget players with lots of random numbers after their name.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

Reply #463 on: November 28, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

There will be no one left.

-Rasix
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: November 28, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Much better off turning it into a drinking game instead.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:40 PM

Game starts, I pick jungle trundle.

Moments later, shaco picks jungle shaco.

hilarity ensues.

I spent most of the match solo topping dropping out every so often to take red. Shaco pretty much just roamed the entire map hurting people and making their life hell.

Turns out, trundle can stay in lane for a long long time, and he last hits easily thanks to his q skill. add the occasional smite gold and I was well farmed by 20 minutes.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:55 PM

You know how we are always saying the game is biased towards passive play....why the hell is this apparently a secret to people?  I have so many people yell at me for being passive.  Jesus fucking christ, we don't NEED to initiate a fight every fucking time we CAN.
Rasix

Reply #467 on: November 30, 2011, 09:33:54 AM

Karthus is fucking annoying.  So is a 1/15 Garen on your team that has 50 minion kills in a nearly hour long game.  One of the only games I think I've lost where we had a lead in K/D throughout most of the game.  Argh!

edit:

Just had one of those classic "team goes apeshit on you for no reason" games.  Recap of lovely convo below.  It was fun. 

Cass: "Why didn't you ult?"

me: "wasn't up"

Fizz: "It's up right now, we can see it"

me: "nope, it's not up."

Cass: "We see a green dot. You're so fucking bad."

me: "says 22 seconds still, it's not up. I used it on Tryst and Trynd (level 30, 1450 elo in a game with noobs.. heh) before we got owned."

Fizz: "you fucking suck, wu"

me: "k, going on ignore"

Sona: "Why because she's right?"

me: "You guys seriously want to keep going on about this?"

Put the entire team on ignore. It's kind of funny to go full retard on a guy that's staring at his ult NOT BEING UP.

So, I trolled them a little bit (tried a backdoor that had no chance of working). Died. Got a soda.  Built tankier since they were all made of paper.  Solo'd Yi when he tried to backdoor us.  Ran down middle.  Won game.  Yay.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:33:53 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: December 02, 2011, 04:44:35 PM

I almost feel like applying this to player names that advertise how much weed they smoke

That's a LoL rule to keep if you ask me.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: December 02, 2011, 06:16:56 PM

So, is the community in this game just made up entirely of assholes? 

I've played around with bots, and the game is fun enough, but the idea of putting up with a continuous stream of petulant, foul mouthed man-children doesn't seem very appealing.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #470 on: December 02, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

The community is shit.

Just get good with a few guys and then you get to listen at everyone bitching at each other. Find a role or two you like and master it. I've never ignored anyone, but that's just cause I could give a fuck what they think or say.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: December 02, 2011, 06:32:01 PM

The community is shit.

Just get good with a few guys and then you get to listen at everyone bitching at each other. Find a role or two you like and master it. I've never ignored anyone, but that's just cause I could give a fuck what they think or say.

You also aren't paying attention to what people say in chat most of the time.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rasix

Reply #472 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:51 PM

Well, I'd say I get a few games a week that are ruined by bad behavior, and I run anywhere from 15-30 games a week (2-3 a night normally).  I have about 230 games of SR played against people (just 2 co-op) and maybe have less than 20 people on my ignore list.  

Your odds of getting a raging troll on your team are about 33% at my level/hidden elo (lvl 26).  There's a decent chance they won't ruin things.  There's, however, a 100% chance they'll shit on you if you're trying something you're not great at.  In this scenario your team WILL blame you for the loss, which is possibly accurate (big fucking deal, right?).   There's not enough live and let live.

I'm really not a people person; you could even say I'm a bit spergie.  I'm not very competitive either, but SR against people is the way it's meant to be played.  It's a fun enough experience at this level that I can mostly deal with the community.

Hell, the most popular streamer around is a raging, douchebag kid.  He constantly shits on and trolls his teams, yet people still tune in.  So, that's the community for you.  It's nice there's some generally decent folk streaming to counter balance this, but the scene is skewed a bit toward the ragey, socially inept kid.  

Better than HoN's community, I imagine.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:48:53 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #473 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:59 PM

So, turns out - Garen rocks mid when facing Ryze awesome, for real And also against Nunu solo top. And holds his own against Nasus solo top. And when unsuspecting Teemos run into a bush face first. Same when Annie does so. I don't think I'll ever play another character in LoL from now on :P

DEMAAAAACIA!

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: December 02, 2011, 09:53:00 PM

How did you ever get close enough to even touch Ryze, or Nunu when Nunu didn't want to be touched?  undecided

My experience with Garen was just that he's an underwhelming damage dealer with modest mobility.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: December 02, 2011, 10:46:33 PM

First time playing in months and months but managed to pull off a nice save with Janaa. Our bear was down to like 15% and retreating from 3 enemies along bot lane. Shielded him, whirlwind. We put some distance and 2 of the 3 gave up but the enemy bear, at like 3/4 health, kept chasing. My bear would stop and fight (gah), then remember he was super low health then run while I was desperately shielding, slowing, whirlwinding trying to keep him alive. Teammates showed up killed the enemy bear and then we had a great push down the bot lane taking down two towers.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: December 02, 2011, 11:07:07 PM

Damn it's like the only thing anybody plays anymore is melee DPS.

Which is frustrating, since I mostly play Renekton. Karthus and Sivir, my new best friends?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #477 on: December 02, 2011, 11:10:05 PM

Yes, the LoL community is full of spergy, Tourette's addled cockslapping titmice, convinced of their own elite skills while happily ready to shit upon your lack of skills from their high perch atop Douche Mountain. However, it is 50 billion times better than the Heroes of Newerth community. And I can say that I've had a decent number of games with really friendly, helpful people. Not a 1:1 ratio mind you, but still better than none.

Rasix

Reply #478 on: December 02, 2011, 11:20:49 PM

Man, I played some derpy Gragas tonight.  Nothing like being unable to kill a low HP Nasus because you forgot to ignite and missed both your fat-man charge and barrel.  Luckily Margalis (Trist) carried like a boss, and I did manage to eventually remove my head from my ass. Managed to piss off Singed too when he misinterpreted my helping him as a "go time".  Gragas sans mana was just helping you escape (course, it was Singed, he was going to be fine), angry ADHD kid.

When I'm not playing great, I should probably opt for Ryze. All skillshots and playing like ass makes you feel like a jerk.

edit: Scores weren't bad, but bleh, can play better.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:37:01 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: December 03, 2011, 09:14:42 AM

How did you ever get close enough to even touch Ryze, or Nunu when Nunu didn't want to be touched?  undecided

My experience with Garen was just that he's an underwhelming damage dealer with modest mobility.

What elo hell do you reside.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: December 03, 2011, 10:00:16 AM

I play only unranked games :) Also, Flash, Bushes, Deception, Timing.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #481 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:48 PM

Had a game at lunch with a truly execrable player today at lunch. Pop into the queue, pick Twitch and lock in. The team builds around Twisted Fate, Corki, Volibear and Gangplank so I'm thinking great... I won't have to mid with Twitch (I did so last night and got utterly owned by a Teemo). The Corki starts bitching at the Twisted Fate that his spell selection was wrong (dude took heal then switched to clarity). He continued bitching at Fate incessantly as we started the game. When I went bot with Gangplank, he told me to go mid and since no one else was, I figured, why not. That left Gangplank solo bot - which would have been fine but the player down there wasn't really very comfortable with that. As a result, he feeds the Xin Zhao/Morgana combo down there. I find myself mid-laned against a Teemo and think "Goddamnit, a repeat of last night." Only this Teemo wasn't very good and thanks to Corki's help, I killed him 3 times before he finally switched lanes with the Morgana who was terrible with her snare skill shot (she got better).

Meanwhile, the Fate/Volibear combo up top wasn't doing too much better. Corki meanwhile was jungling and helping me gank mid-lane but CONSTANTLY bitching. I don't even know how he played the game as there was always something from him coming in the chat box. He just harangued Fate about his choices, calling him noob, saying he was feeding, etc. Just being a vile little dickshit. And we start losing. Gangplank wants to pack it in, Corki is convinced we've lost and thinks I'm the only competent player on the team (which is HILARIOUS!). And then the racist shit comes out. I kept my mouth shut until then, before finally telling him that bitch whining was bad enough but he needed to stop being a racist twat. By the time all our outer turrets are down, he wants to surrender. But he's pissed off the Fate player so bad, Fate REFUSES to surrender just to spite the guy. Gangplank is whining that he wants to go play Batman until he finally just DC's (I suspect he just ragequit). Finally with only 4 players, Fate's 1 vote can't stop the surrender anymore and I am relieved of having to listen to this shithead anymore. I did report him, though I doubt it'll do shit.

I had a decent game owning some face with Twitch that was utterly ruined by this complete tosspot.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: December 05, 2011, 02:19:55 PM

Had a game at lunch with a truly execrable player today at lunch. Pop into the queue, pick Twitch and lock in. The team builds around Twisted Fate, Corki, Volibear and Gangplank so I'm thinking great... I won't have to mid with Twitch (I did so last night and got utterly owned by a Teemo). The Corki starts bitching at the Twisted Fate that his spell selection was wrong (dude took heal then switched to clarity). He continued bitching at Fate incessantly as we started the game. When I went bot with Gangplank, he told me to go mid and since no one else was, I figured, why not. That left Gangplank solo bot - which would have been fine but the player down there wasn't really very comfortable with that. As a result, he feeds the Xin Zhao/Morgana combo down there. I find myself mid-laned against a Teemo and think "Goddamnit, a repeat of last night." Only this Teemo wasn't very good and thanks to Corki's help, I killed him 3 times before he finally switched lanes with the Morgana who was terrible with her snare skill shot (she got better).

Meanwhile, the Fate/Volibear combo up top wasn't doing too much better. Corki meanwhile was jungling and helping me gank mid-lane but CONSTANTLY bitching. I don't even know how he played the game as there was always something from him coming in the chat box. He just harangued Fate about his choices, calling him noob, saying he was feeding, etc. Just being a vile little dickshit. And we start losing. Gangplank wants to pack it in, Corki is convinced we've lost and thinks I'm the only competent player on the team (which is HILARIOUS!). And then the racist shit comes out. I kept my mouth shut until then, before finally telling him that bitch whining was bad enough but he needed to stop being a racist twat. By the time all our outer turrets are down, he wants to surrender. But he's pissed off the Fate player so bad, Fate REFUSES to surrender just to spite the guy. Gangplank is whining that he wants to go play Batman until he finally just DC's (I suspect he just ragequit). Finally with only 4 players, Fate's 1 vote can't stop the surrender anymore and I am relieved of having to listen to this shithead anymore. I did report him, though I doubt it'll do shit.

I had a decent game owning some face with Twitch that was utterly ruined by this complete tosspot.

I have a rule that I immediately ignore any player who bitches about someone else before the game even starts.
Rasix

Reply #483 on: December 05, 2011, 03:15:53 PM

Just played a game where the only time the Lux, Shaco, and Morgana said something in English it was to insult me or the Gangplank.   It was kind of funny.  Bunch of blocked out Korean text followed by a "stupid monkey".  

1/7 Morg and a 4/8 Lux.  Korean Shaco went 7/6 but didn't gank my lane a single time even thought it was never pushed.  They always ran around face checking brush and dying these ridiculous deaths.  Then out came the insults.  

Constant stream of bad teams.  Early advantages that turn into nothing because typically the worst player on the team has been the AD carry, so we just get worked at the end.  Bleh.

edit: bad AD carry may just be a symptom of bad team play in general.  They focus ours.. but hell if we're going to take out the biggest threat.  And by all means, farm away.  ADFJSKDFJSKLJDSFL I think I might have to smurf tonight to prevent myself from jumping off my roof.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:36:56 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: December 05, 2011, 03:25:57 PM

I've started pretending all my teammates are just bots in every game I play (works really well in the actual bot-games), so I ignore any and all chat-speak because I know bots can't chat so anything they say must obviously just be my imagination run wild.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: December 05, 2011, 03:45:52 PM

But what if your subconscious is trying to tell you something important, and just using the bots as a conduit for revelation?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:59 PM

So I'm really not a fan of brutally enforcing the meta, or optimal laning, or dissing hero picks or whatever -- especially not as I grind my account back up to 30 playing non-ranked games. But when your team insists on putting their ad carry (Sivir: me) in the same lane as Heimerdinger, and when I tell them 'okay but when I have crappy cs later and can't carry don't blame me'... I expect them to at least have the kind of basic ape-memory necessary so that when 25 minutes later the Heimer has fed Fizz to the gills and I have 30-40cs less than I would have otherwise (though still more than their Teemo)... maybe they shouldn't blame me for the loss?

Especially when I'm the only one with a positive k/d?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:01:50 PM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Rasix

Reply #487 on: December 05, 2011, 05:56:56 PM

Reminds me of when I thought I'd be solo top in game as GP and instead I get put down bot with Trist.  

"Hey, it's cool, I'll play support for you."
"Ohh no, I'm not good with Trist yet, how about I support you?"
(Brain registers this as a loss).  

We abused our lane pretty hard, but it ended up not being worth it because we mostly split the CS and their Irelia got plenty of farm being paired with a 0 CS Soraka.

Trist got blamed hard for the loss, when really, her k/d only got bad when paired with our somewhat worthless teammates (who all lost their lanes really hard).  Her lack of comfort with Trist obviously led to some bad positioning and getting caught a few times.  Then after getting shit on by everyone but me, she kind of mentally packed it in and afk farmed the rest of the time.

edit: Heh, I think most of my recent losses (which haven't been much aside from this 4 game slide) have been when I don't get a lane to myself.  Lone exception are a couple semi-recent Ryze losses, but I'm something like 75%-80% win rate with him I'd estimate (since they don't give us real stats, heh).

Yay.  Streak broken.  Singed the slumpbuster.  I forgot how fun he is to play.  Don't care about kills, Trist took all my farm, so just gotta be annoying and tanky as all hell (3/1/27).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:11:41 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: December 05, 2011, 11:35:43 PM

I did report him, though I doubt it'll do shit.

For what it's worth, the threshold of reports to get into the Tribunal has went way down: I'm seeing a bunch of 1 and 2 case files (before, it used to be mostly 4-7 cases). And apparently, the number of bans before permaban has been lowered too.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:56 AM

The only thing I still use my original 30 account for is the Tribunal stuff, which I have to say I find quite enjoyable. Except that the captcha they use seems to have like a 35% fail rate.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: