Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356939 times)
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: November 11, 2011, 08:53:11 PM

I don't even....      ACK!
How long did your game last?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:03:59 PM by DLRiley »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:50 PM

surrender at 20.  We had something like 10 deaths in the first 6 minutes, and 20 by the first 10, and then it just got silly. I tried til the end just because what the hell, but it was clear when  Katarina and Yi were dying over and over that we were hosed, very early.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:18:17 PM by Malakili »
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:35 PM

surrender at 20.  We had something like 10 deaths in the first 6 minutes, and 20 by the first 10, and then it just got silly. I tried til the end just because what the hell, but it was clear when  Katarina and Yi were dying over and over that we were hosed, very early.   

sorry bro, who was laning where. you guys had a major health bar (relative to the enemies team health, they could lap you in damage taken nearly 3 times) problem with very little in cc to boot, must have been much more painful then it sounds.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #388 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:11 PM

I don't even....      ACK!

Holy fucking shit, that is awful.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: November 12, 2011, 12:05:24 AM

Teemo must've had the astronaut skin.  ACK!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:12 AM

The fuck, how is that even possible?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: November 12, 2011, 04:56:34 AM

sorry bro, who was laning where. you guys had a major health bar (relative to the enemies team health, they could lap you in damage taken nearly 3 times) problem with very little in cc to boot, must have been much more painful then it sounds.

Yeah, the Veigar had a tank selected then switch to Veigar just as the time expired for character selection.  It was just a mess from the beginning. Looking back Katarina might have been intentionally feeding, but I don't think Yi was.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #392 on: November 12, 2011, 10:22:18 AM

A Yi should not even be close to having a score like that without intentionally feeding. You have to be SUPER BAD to get a score like that as Yi especially with that buildout mixed with that CS. The Kat probably was feeding - there's no reason I can fathom for her first item to be a Zeal. She doesn't need AS, she needs AP, or AD if you don't really understand her yet. I tried doing an AS build with her once and it made no sense.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: November 12, 2011, 10:31:58 AM

Riven has more last hits then the entire other team combined.  She deserves her score.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: November 12, 2011, 11:27:09 AM

Riven has more last hits then the entire other team combined.  She deserves her score.  awesome, for real

It really spiraled out of control quickly because Yi and Katarina were in the same lane v. Riven and Teemo, so both of them got fed really really early, and it of course snowballed.  Never seen anything like it in that short a time frame, sure I've seen fed people take over games, but not to this degree.  Oh well.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: November 12, 2011, 12:06:26 PM

It turns out lots of people just aren't very good at the game. All this speculation about intentional feeding and Harsh Judgment gets a bit much.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: November 12, 2011, 10:06:03 PM

It turns out lots of people just aren't very good at the game. All this speculation about intentional feeding and Harsh Judgment gets a bit much.
But why are they always on my team ?  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: November 12, 2011, 11:20:28 PM

They gotta be on someone's team!

But more srsly, observer bias in online game players seems to suggest to them that when they dominate their lane it is because they are awesome, whereas when one of their teammates is dominated in lane, it is because the teammate sucks.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #398 on: November 13, 2011, 12:00:35 AM

I dominated in a lane with Annie against a Garen and Graves combo tonight. But I really think it was because the Garen was really bad, super aggressive early on and we had 5 kills to their 1 within the first 6 minutes. I didn't do bad with the Xin Zhao (had two great games with him in a row) but the Garen really fed me early. The second game I was getting popped early by a LeBlanc/Fiddlesticks combo (though me and the Rammus with me did get Fiddle 3 times early) so had to switch to top lane where I got my groove on.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: November 13, 2011, 05:24:09 AM

I did really well in a lane with two stuns and they had none  awesome, for real Seriously its not magic or feeding, bad laning (i.e being unable to decide who should go where verses who) = lose, whether it be dramatic 1/10 being the average kdr of the team in the first 10 minutes, or slow burning "lose farm, lose xp, 2 uncontested dragons, gg" the lion share of loses usually come from that single(or multiple) sources of failure. Oh and baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad team composition. The unholy trinity of elo hell is -> bad team composition, bad laning (i.e tryndemere, gangplank lane...), and bad attitudes ("zomg first blood fucking noob" generally doesn't encourage stellar play just saying) are the number one way of losing way before a real troll fucks your game. Hell if you manage to lose a game without the last part being a factor your no longer in elo hell, you just got stomped by a smarter player(s).
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #400 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:40 PM

RNG's been kind me to lately.  On a pretty good tear after a pretty nasty losing streak.  All Gragas/GP.  8 wins, 1 loss and that one loss I played pretty well in.  I think I'm past being embarrassing with Gragas and now just being "a little derpy at times, but otherwise, solid".    Ran up to a team fight and saw the entire enemy team clumped in the river near top lane.  Barrel + cask and we ended up with an ace (I got 3 of the kills).   Had a really nice combo earlier in the game when I got a Jax low next to his tower.  Tossed a barrel at his feet, but didn't detonate it, he backed up, I dove the tower, and ulti'd him back onto the barrel.   awesome, for real  Boots, double dorans, then rush deathcap is just really strong.

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:16 AM

I want to have barrels of fun..with gargas.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: November 14, 2011, 08:07:09 AM

Gragas Esq. + Gentlemen chogath = classy lane.   
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: November 14, 2011, 10:16:32 AM

On a classy note, is there any counterpick to solo top Cho? Any reasonably good Cho seems just a complete bear to play against.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: November 14, 2011, 10:21:28 AM

Not sure.   I usually play as him., not against him. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously though, hes just really solid.  Something ranged is probably better than melee.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #405 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:47 AM

I've played against him as Singed and done fine. Nasus is probably solid.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:02 AM

Now I can start raiding...

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #407 on: November 14, 2011, 11:51:36 AM

Your w/l is soooo much better than mine.  

edit: Yay, back to even. 88/88.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:53:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:34 PM

On a classy note, is there any counterpick to solo top Cho? Any reasonably good Cho seems just a complete bear to play against.

Chogath can be harassed out of the lane without much difficulty. Unless your playing a cho who is intent on harassing you out of the lane, which very few chogaths players do. The trick to cho? Squishy little beast starting at level 1-6, he gets too close and he is an exhaust away from feeding. The problem with cho, he only doesn't need items. So you can zone him all you want, he doesn't need a quarter of the gold you do to start snowballing (assuming runes and masteries are proper). He also can passively farm with rupter even if your zoning him.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:21 PM

awesome, for real Because I'm juvenile:

Cho farms better than most champions, which means harassing him when he can't use his skills is often the best choice, in addition to the weak early game DL mentioned. Or you can pick a hero that scales better than he does and farm all game, though that doesn't stop the Cho from using his skills to harass you, especially vorpal spikes. Really, the best bet is to get a jungle gank, he has poor escapes.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: November 14, 2011, 04:21:09 PM

I just used my newfound lvl 30 summoner powers to go judge some cases.

Geez, you jerks make it easy on us. Two times, I was like: "This guy is a little jerky, but maybe nothing worth...oh, great, you just started making racist jokes about mexicans. Thanks!"
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: November 14, 2011, 05:58:21 PM

I just used my newfound lvl 30 summoner powers to go judge some cases.

Geez, you jerks make it easy on us. Two times, I was like: "This guy is a little jerky, but maybe nothing worth...oh, great, you just started making racist jokes about mexicans. Thanks!"

THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing out to me that they already enabled this.  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: November 14, 2011, 06:17:41 PM

It farms IP faster than playing games!

By the way, my first 10 judgments: all punish.

That said, it seems like all the cases are of people who have at least 3 reported games, so you're getting some real jerks.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: November 14, 2011, 06:27:09 PM

I did the max number of cases for the first few days, and gave out a punish every time.  Towards the end of it I was wondering if I was being too harsh and I tried to let up, but holy fuck, guys with ten, fifteen game long rap sheets being complete dicks in all of them were inhabiting the classy end of the spectrum.  I had one from a guy claiming in chat he was a Riot employee and going to permaban everyone who killed him before spending the rest of the game spewing racist slurs and whining at his teammates, for three games.

It was kind of depressing getting that little "your judgements have been validated on two whole cases" e-mail.  Like, what happened to the others?  Are people seriously looking at this stuff and going "meh, sure there's ten games full of this guy screaming about how Hitler was right, but he seems like a good guy, so I'll let it slide this time.  Just don't do it ten more times, or there'll be trouble!"
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:12 PM

Mine too.  Heart

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: November 15, 2011, 04:45:24 AM

Are people seriously looking at this stuff and going "meh, sure there's ten games full of this guy screaming about how Hitler was right, but he seems like a good guy, so I'll let it slide this time.  Just don't do it ten more times, or there'll be trouble!"

I'm sure it's more like "I see no problem with this completely normal, community-tolerated behaviour -- he's just raging, it's cool!"

I'm glad somebody reads my reports, though!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #416 on: November 15, 2011, 06:09:09 AM

Well, finally on a decent ranked run. Even won a game we were 4 on 5 after level 3. Dude just disappeared and never returned, luckily we played well, focused, and got them to start fighting amongst themselves. Other than that, been playing non-stop Phoenix Udyr and Sona (stupid nerf...ugh) and playing damn well.

This patch is going to mix shit up big time. Interested to see who gets broken by it.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:15 AM

I am on an epic losing streak, and have dropped below .500 for the first time in ages. Mostly not my fault, but just had a game as Maokai and played pretty terribly in a 1v2 lane top against GP/Fizz. The game went 70 minutes because the other team just could not figure out how to push our base, despite having two inhibs down for the majority of the game (we had one tower on the nexus for like the last 15 minutes.)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:16 AM

Well, finally on a decent ranked run. Even won a game we were 4 on 5 after level 3. Dude just disappeared and never returned, luckily we played well, focused, and got them to start fighting amongst themselves. Other than that, been playing non-stop Phoenix Udyr and Sona (stupid nerf...ugh) and playing damn well.

This patch is going to mix shit up big time. Interested to see who gets broken by it.

Do you have LoLRecorder? Can you record a good phoenix udyr game? I am at best, harmless with him.

Also, the days of 10 mastery slots being enough are so over.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: November 15, 2011, 08:51:01 AM

I am on an epic losing streak, and have dropped below .500 for the first time in ages. Mostly not my fault, but just had a game as Maokai and played pretty terribly in a 1v2 lane top against GP/Fizz. The game went 70 minutes because the other team just could not figure out how to push our base, despite having two inhibs down for the majority of the game (we had one tower on the nexus for like the last 15 minutes.)

I think the problem is you playing Maokai, who is the most poinless champ in the game. I'd rather have a heimdinger...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: