Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356898 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #350 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:18 PM

Sometimes Gragas games are a bit frustrating.  I miss one barrel and my team goes fucking nuts.  Apparently I had to hit the Twitch, instead of the giant clump of them, and because I didn't do that, I'm "so fucking dumb".   Never mind that the barrel hit just about everyone would have allowed them to kill the Karthus that was killing them way harder than the Twitch.  "You hit the tank".  They didn't have a tank, and I didn't see the Twitch.

First time I've put my entire team on ignore. "You're on ignore.  Enjoy the game."  The not so surprising part was that they were all negative and all lost their lanes badly.  They all did nothing but feed and didn't CS for shit. They all got ridiculously low on HP all the time with a goddamn Karthus on the enemy team.  I was the only one did any ganks, and they managed to screw those up pretty hard.  

Then I ate some oranges and it was OK.  Gangplank is my slumpbuster.  awesome, for real

edit: Gragas is by far the hardest champ I've tried to learn.  Not as straight forward as most I play, but at least I seem to farm with him well and can pull off some decent tosses.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:10:26 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: November 08, 2011, 12:41:28 AM

Gragas has a pretty high skill ceiling. His ult is the kind that can go anywhere from easily winning you the battle to actually helping the enemy team.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #352 on: November 08, 2011, 08:01:34 AM

Ohh, yes, I'm well versed in accidentally fucking my own team.  I play Singed from time to time.    Bad flings (like throwing Yi onto your low health lane partner), while hilarious, can have tragic consequences.   

They were underfarmed and feeding.  My barrel wasn't the reason we lost.  Still annoyed to take flack from a 3/7 Akali, 4/10 Trynd, and an 0/7 Galio.

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: November 08, 2011, 08:31:20 AM

Ohh, yes, I'm well versed in accidentally fucking my own team.  I play Singed from time to time.    Bad flings (like throwing Yi onto your low health lane partner), while hilarious, can have tragic consequences.   

They were underfarmed and feeding.  My barrel wasn't the reason we lost.  Still annoyed to take flack from a 3/7 Akali, 4/10 Trynd, and an 0/7 Galio.

What really sucks is when you get a really bad headbutt/barrel/whatever because the person flashed at the same time.  But your team still rages that you are a terrible player for doing it.  Heartbreak

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #354 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:59 AM

I accidentally bought Gragas with IP instead of RP the other day when he was on sale. He is a tough one to figure out. I like him, but his strategies do not reveal themselves easily, and I would not be surprised is the whingers bitched at you while sucking wind. It's the same type of shitheads who bitch about Sona being picked.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: November 08, 2011, 10:07:58 AM

Basically you want to use his ult to knock someone squishy into your team or if things go bad knock someone dangerous away. (For example if Fiddle suddenly appears in the middle of your team)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #356 on: November 08, 2011, 10:15:35 AM

It's pretty easy to 1v1 someone early on if it's up.   Poke with q, R behind them, e, q.  Also nice for ganks for when they start to retreat to their tower.   It's a handy ulti.   His E is such a rad ability.  So much mobility with it.

I need to buy some mana regen runes for him as mana's a huge problem early on.  Runes are just so goddamn expensive.  I blew through all of my saved IP in no time just filling out one AD sheet and a couple AP quints/6 magic pen marks.

edit: I think I might have to take my ultis off smart cast.  I seem to fat finger an R once a game.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #357 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:56 AM

I saw the new free champ rotation, saw that Warwick was on it and decided since he was cheap, I'd try him out. Get into the solo queue, immediately pick Warwick and a few seconds later, lock it in. Guy on my team starts typing "I ww" over and over again, then when I lock, he screams "I WW MOTHERFUCKER." I respond back with "What the...? What are you 12?" He ragequits I think as I'm dropped back to the home screen with a queue dodger. SO Glad I didn't have to play the game with that fucking idiot.

The game I did get into with WW was a good one. Got stuck mid until I saw I was up against a Caitlyn, so asked our Ashe if she would switch with me and she did graciously enough. Got ganked a few times early by a decent Kog'Maw/Lux combo down there, but by the end, I was just tearing through shit. Had a few deaths to me just wanting to either kill a tower or kill someone under a tower, ended with 15/11/8 I think.

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:16 AM

My favorite "support" is somebody with long range holds like Lux or Morgana (and Janna, to a lesser extent), or hefty speed buffs like Sivir or Zilean. The more conventional support characters like Sona and Soraka tend to foster overconfidence in anybody who hasn't got a healthy hunk of caution and patience, and those two traits are distressingly rare.

More reliable to depend upon overconfidence on the enemy team than to worry about it on my own.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #359 on: November 08, 2011, 11:27:40 AM

Sona has a speed buff. Just sayin ;)

The reason I like playing Sona more than a support Zilean is the heal. Early game can still poke, but I can usually keep a good AD carry in lane and racking up CS way better than a Zil could.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: November 08, 2011, 01:03:56 PM

My favourite "support" is Blitzcrank. He's just so funny and nobody plays him anymore and thus don't usually dodge the grab that well.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: November 08, 2011, 01:10:50 PM

My favourite "support" is Blitzcrank. He's just so funny and nobody plays him anymore and thus don't usually dodge the grab that well.

My friend has been playing him lately with actually a fair amount of success.  The ganks that are possible by me playing someone kind of bursty, him playing blitzcrank, and pulling into turret ranges is hilarious and actually surprisingly effective at our level.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: November 08, 2011, 01:33:11 PM

I f'ing hate playing against blitzcrank. That stupid pull always gets me in trouble.

- Viin
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: November 08, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

I just had some really good games as Shyvana (Dominion and SR jungle). Generally she's still way too dependent on the enemy obliging her by not kiting too much, but I think I found the (SR) build that works for me:

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Shyvana/?items=111,117,15,62,11,104&level=18

I basically went tanky with W as the main damage dealer. AS did not work out for me as she usually doesn't get that many attacks in small engagements, and in team fights the default AS is good enough to keep her W's duration at maximum.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:01:31 PM by jakonovski »
Rasix

Reply #364 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:27 PM

Line of the night from an 0/10 Caitlyn: "Vote yes on the next surrender or I'll start feeding"  o_O

Every Cait I've played with recently has been completely worthless.   Only one that finished positive had Shen saving her ass all of the time and we were able to carry her. 

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: November 09, 2011, 07:02:54 AM

Line of the night from an 0/10 Caitlyn: "Vote yes on the next surrender or I'll start feeding"  o_O

Every Cait I've played with recently has been completely worthless.   Only one that finished positive had Shen saving her ass all of the time and we were able to carry her. 

Was your cait allowed mid? was he allowed bottom with a support champion? if either is a no, cue feeding.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #366 on: November 09, 2011, 07:03:51 AM

I don't understand how you can have 0 kills as Cait or Ashe. You don't have to be anywhere close to get kills. You can hang on the periphery and wait for some foolhardy twat like me to wander in with 1/4 health and ping someone to death from just inside FOW range. You have to suck really hard to do that.

I tried Teemo last night. 5 kills, lots of deaths. I'm pretty sure I was doing it wrong but at least I got some experience with him. I want to try Olaf next.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: November 09, 2011, 07:39:18 AM

Teemo is IMO best used as an AP caster, because he's hella squishy and has short autoattack range. Start out with Rylai's and CDR and then go nuts getting more AP. Plant shrooms satellites everywhere and try to herd your team to fight so the enemy gets caught by them.  

Rasix

Reply #368 on: November 09, 2011, 07:56:06 AM

Was your cait allowed mid? was he allowed bottom with a support champion? if either is a no, cue feeding.

Top with Lux.  They picked it.  I think they were dual queued.  I offered mid, but she declined.  They were up against a Dinger and Panth.  Bot lane got destroyed too.  I'm not sure how a GP manages to die 14 times in a game.  Eat some goddamn oranges.

Things at this level don't match up well to the current meta game. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #369 on: November 09, 2011, 07:59:58 AM

Wait, Cait was paired up with LUX against a melee like Panth and got 0 kills? Did she at least get any assists? That pair should be able to do something since neither has to get close and you know Panth is going to be leaping in - where he should be immediately snared by Lux while Cait runs back and plinks the shit out of him. The mind wobbles.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: November 10, 2011, 09:46:10 AM

Pant leaps on cait, heimer stuns cait with grenade, dead cait. Two squish in a high damage double stun lane, yeah you didnt expect them to feed because?
Rasix

Reply #371 on: November 10, 2011, 10:14:56 AM

She had a partner?  She was told it would be better to switch? Someone has to take the lane?  You're assuming people might play a little more cautiously once they die a couple times?

Lux didn't feed (comparatively) and actually had a few kills.  I imagine most were trades when Cait bought it, however.  Cait ran around like a idiot most of the time.  Low health? I'll go see what's in that bush.   Team's going back? I'll get in another autoattack on that Panth!  

I'm guessing that Cait isn't going to work at my level where you don't have support, players are largely terrible, and where self preservation takes a back seat to autoattacking creeps.  Only way I have any hope that a Caitlyn will be decent?  They have a skin.

edit (to add a story, less Cait gripe).
2 nights ago had an Olaf go 2/12 last night and basically throw the game.  The clueless Leona didn't help.  Her strategy was to run up to anything and basically hit every skill she had in random order.  I'm not sure how she didn't die more, she never seemed to have a clue where she was.  The Olaf.. man... just run up everything and facecheck the shit out of it.  Warmogs and a giant's belt don't save you from trying to gank a full health champ surrounded by 4 other enemy champs.   I was 11/3 on GP, our annie was like 10/5 and Talon was something like 14/7.  Bugged the hell out of me to lose that one.

My Gragas is steadily improving.  His poke is just unreal at times.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:35:57 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:56 PM

Oh god, just had a game with a douchebag who did nothing but buy shoes and then ragequit. He kept whining the whole time too.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:20 PM

The fact that she thinks a lux/cait lane will work out well means she doesn't have a clue lolz. And no i don't think at any level of play beyond 1400 elo where "die once hug tower" computes to a valid strategy. of course in that elo "losing slowly despite not being 1/11/4" is perfectly possible because your zoned and losing towers, but meh, who cares? A feeder isn't the end of the game, its the team reaction to a low skilled player that is. Unless its trolling (lolz buy every boot in the game lolz lolz) you can manage. Especially at the level of play where a gangplank goes x/14/x.

I'm guessing the oalf and leona game was mostly dew to them going "i'm going to taaaaaaaank" and your team going "meh your reeeeeeeetarded" and neither side budging on when and where is right to initiate.
Rasix

Reply #374 on: November 10, 2011, 12:32:52 PM

edit: On second thought, not really worth discussing anymore.   Take my assessments at face value.  People can just be game-wrecking bad pre-30 as I'm sure they can when you're 30 as well.  Is there a hidden elo system (for match making purposes)  in place at all pre-30 or even at 30 if you're not playing ranked?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:09:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: November 10, 2011, 01:11:41 PM

Yes, there is a hidden elo system.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: November 11, 2011, 04:54:41 AM

Yes, there is a hidden elo system.
I would not call it a "system".  awesome, for real

Basically, after you have won a few games in a row, the matchmaker is going to pair you with more and more unexperienced players or set you up against more and more experienced players until you lose a few games in a row, rince and repeat.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: November 11, 2011, 02:07:53 PM

But there is a hidden elo. I believe at some point during beta you could find out what it was by looking at a file on your PC.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: November 11, 2011, 02:12:42 PM

But there is a hidden elo.
Call it what you want. Thats how it works.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: November 11, 2011, 03:10:05 PM

Sounds like ascribing malice to the RNG to me.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: November 11, 2011, 04:26:41 PM

Sounds like ascribing malice to the RNG to me.

Well, we *are* gamers after all, we have a long history of personifying random numbers.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: November 11, 2011, 04:47:43 PM

6 is a really nice guy.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: November 11, 2011, 05:43:33 PM

I hear 7 is a cannibal though.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #383 on: November 11, 2011, 06:00:21 PM

Yooooouuuuuu...

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:38 PM

I don't even....      ACK!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: