Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:37:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CCP heading for hotter water 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CCP heading for hotter water  (Read 88763 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:39 AM

I'm assuming that means protection from concord intervention. Buying a "gank" license doesn't make that much sense.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #246 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:47 AM

To be honest, I've never really understood the point behind the whole wardec mechanic. All it means is I'm using nothing but neutral characters while in empire, because we're always (well, almost) wardecced. And they're always hanging out at the jita undock.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: October 19, 2011, 12:12:22 PM

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: October 19, 2011, 01:26:21 PM

You want more carebears playing the game (and paying to play!) ?  Simple!  Just two things need to change:

1. Eliminate wardec protections in hi-sec space. No immunity for griefers in high-sec.

2. Eliminate cargo scanners completely.  You want to suicide-gank, fine, roll the dice and take your chances on whether it's worth it.  There is NO risk in ganking someone you KNOW is hauling 100x the value of your ship.  You want the rewards, you need to take the risks, ESPECIALLY when you are playing a zero-sum game with other players.

All the ganker crybabies will QQ like little girls, but that is all they are anyway.  The wolves want sheep in their game? Stop giving ALL the advantage to the wolves.  Otherwise, have fun playing without any sheep as the world slowly goes dark and empty.

If dumb-dumb carebears want to merrily haul hundreds of millions around afk in an unarmored t1 hauler they deserve to have their day ruined. Most forms of Ganking take patience & forethought, as opposed to afking around Empire like a pratt with silly money in your hold.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: October 19, 2011, 02:08:20 PM

Eliminate warp core stabilizers completely.  You want to haul large amounts of huge value cargo at once, fine, roll the dice and take your chances on whether it's worth it.  There is NO risk in hauling something in a warp stabbed transport ship.  You want the rewards, you need to take the risks, ESPECIALLY when you are playing a zero-sum game with other players.

All the empire crybabies will QQ like little girls, but that is all they are anyway.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:19:30 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: October 19, 2011, 04:11:57 PM

I'm mainly industrialist and the various mechanics that allow pvpers to interfere with industrial production add enormously to the richness of my experience.

1) I have to outwit them.
2) My competitors fall prey to them increasing my profits.
3) My game would become Farmville if there was zero risk.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:54 PM

When transporting valuables use secure containers and don't auto-pilot, and don't undock from a busy station when war-dec'd... that's about it for gameplay added?

- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: October 19, 2011, 08:27:04 PM

When transporting valuables use secure containers and don't auto-pilot, and don't undock from a busy station when war-dec'd... that's about it for gameplay added?

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about conducting PI in hostile space.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:57 PM

Not really, I thought you were talking about empire ganks and war-decs as per the previous comments.

- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:02 AM

Sorry for derailing the derail!
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: October 20, 2011, 07:52:50 AM

As someone who spent a considerable part of their Eve career war dec'ing people in empire I have to say that it's already far to easy to avoid war decs without further changes being made.

CCP were never very good at investigating/punishing alliance/corp jumpers (read the posts on eve-pirate by Freaky) and it's far too easy for someone to make a dummy alliance simply to push war fees up for solo corps (thus avoiding a good portion of them).

Coupled with the 3 war limit for solo corps this makes it very difficult to conduct a prolonged campaign against a target, which is necessary most of the time as people tend to either stay logged out/docked or blob you in the early days of a dec and things only become viable once the targets get bored and start going back to what they were doing when you decided to dec them!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #256 on: October 24, 2011, 08:48:50 PM

As a guy that's ganked 100's of billions in shit, you still scan the contents inside it.  The secure container just handily drops outside the wreck (if it doesn't pop).  It does not help you at all.

Not autopiloting won't save ya from my 3 box technique. Thrawn had the best post. Transports with stabs.

The biggest lesson, really, is to just not fly with more than you are willing to lose. Don't put your life in a cargo expanded T1 hauler, or someone like me is gonna ruin your Eve career.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:14 PM

Can you still hide cargo in an Orcas ship bay? That's what I used to use to bring all my fat ganking loot to Jita undetected.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:03 PM

I think you mean the corporate cargohold. I'm fairly certain that's still a viable way of hiding things, and is my primary way of hauling what I think is going to be expensive stuff.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:23 PM

I think you mean the corporate cargohold. I'm fairly certain that's still a viable way of hiding things, and is my primary way of hauling what I think is going to be expensive stuff.

Not only does it hide it but I THINK that the contents are always destroyed, never dropped.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:44 PM

You mean the corp hanger? Yeah, I think you are right that anything in there is destroyed.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:42 AM

Ah yes the corporate hangar, sure it all gets destroyed but you'll probably never get ganked cause it's unscannable. If you are hauling expensive and not over 50km3 or whatever the limit on the hangar is the Orca is by far the safest way to move shit around.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: October 26, 2011, 03:58:33 AM

And even if it is above the 40k m3 mark, you can tank the orca to around 250k ehp, which I think is twice the amount of a normal freighter, making you an expensive nut to crack.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #263 on: October 26, 2011, 09:39:29 PM

Or you could invest in a jump freighter, those things are sturdy as hell.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: October 27, 2011, 08:24:32 AM

A tanked orca is still (if I'm not wrong) almost twice as tanky as a JF

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #265 on: October 27, 2011, 10:20:06 AM

Just fiddling around in EFT, I get about 256k EHP out of an Orca.  An All Vs Ark pilot has 351k EHP, 253k of which is structure.  And my freighter guy has a structure HP implant, so that gets even meatier.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: October 27, 2011, 11:02:02 AM

Uh. Yeah. I didn't see the skill bonus.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: October 27, 2011, 11:06:41 AM

Excuse me Mr. moneybags, JF can't hide it's valuables and is 10 times the cost so err fuck that idea.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: October 27, 2011, 12:04:49 PM

I thought JFs could hide junk in shrink wrapped containers?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: October 27, 2011, 12:44:20 PM

Shrink wrapped containers are courier contracts aren't they? In that case no I ganked a guy once who was carrying two shrink wrapped Large Poses. He asked the same thing and then pleaded I return them cause he was like poor and couldn't afford the T2 hauler which would have saved him.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: October 27, 2011, 01:35:53 PM

Shrink wrapping alone doesn't work, I had thought that putting shit in a container, then wrapping the container means you only see the container, not the shit, or the wrap.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: October 28, 2011, 01:36:02 AM

Don't think you can shrink wrap containers.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: October 30, 2011, 11:42:54 AM

Of course you can. Just make a courier contract to move a container with an alt.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: October 30, 2011, 06:02:50 PM

That must be a new thing, last time I tried (long time ago) you couldn't put assembled containers into courier contracts.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CCP heading for hotter water  
Jump to: