Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4  (Read 11426 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 12:59:28 PM

Emperors of the Pitch  2
Ermine Vermin             1

Oh god I hate tackle.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 01:19:05 PM

The Emperors of the Pitch 2 - 1 Ermine Vermin

The only Humans in the tournament continue to do their people proud, winning a 2 - 1 grind against the worthy Ermine Vermin.  The first half began with a bang as the Vermin scored a daring touchdown on their third turn, and I took over after.  Though there were some frightening moments on my way to the endzone, Maximinus Thrax trundled up the pitch to score in the final round of the half after following a cage nearly the entirety of the field.

The first pair of turns of the second half were quite exciting.  Maximinus Thrax, my thrower, failed a sure hands pick-up and Eldaec strode across my territory to claim the ball with his star gutter runner, but after some blitzing and dodging I was able to wrest control of the ball away from the Vermin and succeed on a pick-up.  Through the course of the half, in which I ground down the pitch, the Vermin were mostly undone by several injuries and kos, which Skaven are renowned for.  At the end I handed off the ball to a catcher, stalled for two rounds, and walked in for the second TD.  The last round was taken up by the Vermin punching my players.

Good match.  The dice were pretty even.  I won because I made Eldaec roll a lot, and roll into unfavorable conditions, and my two tackling blitzers were the key to that, as Eldaec alluded to.  Though Eldaec didn't do a lot of blocking, he still permanently injured two of my linemen, one of which is rather important to my team, and both will be absent from my next game.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:22:16 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 01:14:20 PM

4 matches left in this round, plus I think we still need a Wounds vs Sticks result from round 3.

How is scheduling going guys?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 03:31:05 PM

I will be playing ONE of my matches tonight, one way or the other. I'd rather it be with Sky (you can message me even if I'm in another game, Sky, I won't mind!) but worst case I can get my elves killed versus Ingmar's khemri instead. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 09:40:50 PM

Khemri win a horrifyingly violent game 1-0. Two players died and were saved this game (a blitzer saved by an apothecary and a blitz-ra saved by regen.) It rained for the whole first half, and snowed for the whole 2nd. The rain plus a wizard stopped the khemri drive in the first half, but eventually in the 2nd half a thro-ra managed to pick up the ball and run it in with 2 elves left on the pitch.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:28 PM

The thro-ra got the ball near my end zone because I decided to gamble, which didn't pay off. Basically, I had three dudes, so I wasn't going to be punching my way out of the khemri swarm, so I let them shove my ball carrier out of bounds in the hopes the ball would get thrown back in someplace in their half. Alas, it was not to be.

EDIT: Oh, and one of my blitzers and one of my linemen (I think) will be missing my next game, which hopefully will be against Sky.

Also: I sux @ elf.

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 07:59:00 AM

3+1 games left, hopefully these are all scheduled tonight so we can let everyone start round 5 some time tomorrow.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 09:09:07 AM

I will be playing ONE of my matches tonight, one way or the other. I'd rather it be with Sky (you can message me even if I'm in another game, Sky, I won't mind!) but worst case I can get my elves killed versus Ingmar's khemri instead. :P
Sorry, wasn't feeling up to an hour commitment on a Monday night :) Jumped into Just Cause 2 for a quick bit of the ultraviolence and while racing a sports car, I flipped it near the end of the race. Grabbed the nearest car to finish the race and ended up in a compact station wagon, which ran off the road and I got stuck in it and couldn't climb out. I can take a hint, turned off the computer and played guitar for a while.

I should have time tonight and tomorrow night, the old battleaxe works late both nights.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 10:37:16 AM

I'm going to be in the US from Thursday and for the next three weeks or so. I will have internet access but not sure if the father-in-law's PC will run Bloodbowl. If I can't get the game to run then I'll post and concede any games so as not to hold the rest of the league up.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 11:10:23 AM

Drop in on a fellow f13er and use their pc  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 08:03:05 PM

Midnight Bleat Train 2 - 1 over S.P.H.I.N.X. (SPHINX!)

Just your typical Khemri game... I was 6/9 on dodges (including a TG dodge) but could not stave off a final dramatic goat TD from the ashes.  My only regret is not getting the chance to use my skele-catchers!

Other stat of note was the Khemri's astounding 66% success rate on blocking and 19 armor breaks... which only resulted in 2 injuries and 3 KOs.  The goats managed 4 casualties (including a TG death!) on half as many breaks.  DECAY!  swamp poop

The first half was a solid goat drive that had me mostly pulled out of position upfield.  The second half was a good old fashioned Khemri beat down, aided by not one but TWO Minotaur failed GFIs.  In Turn 14, with pretty much every single goat stunned on the field, I could have stalled a turn but was scared of a wizard bolt so I ran it in.  In the end it came down to a ridiculous goat dodge/short pass/catch for the win.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:02 AM

I'm going to make the draw early thus evening so that Iain has a chance to play round 5.

If any of the remaining 3 matches are likely to happen before the deadline, let me know.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 10:20:16 AM

avaia and I are re-re-rescheduled for tonight.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 05:30:06 PM

Midnight Bleat Train 2 - 1 over S.P.H.I.N.X. (SPHINX!)

Just your typical Khemri game... I was 6/9 on dodges (including a TG dodge) but could not stave off a final dramatic goat TD from the ashes.  My only regret is not getting the chance to use my skele-catchers!

Other stat of note was the Khemri's astounding 66% success rate on blocking and 19 armor breaks... which only resulted in 2 injuries and 3 KOs.  The goats managed 4 casualties (including a TG death!) on half as many breaks.  DECAY!  swamp poop

The first half was a solid goat drive that had me mostly pulled out of position upfield.  The second half was a good old fashioned Khemri beat down, aided by not one but TWO Minotaur failed GFIs.  In Turn 14, with pretty much every single goat stunned on the field, I could have stalled a turn but was scared of a wizard bolt so I ran it in.  In the end it came down to a ridiculous goat dodge/short pass/catch for the win.
This is pretty much right!  I only have one goat missing his next game, which is a Christmas miracle given how many times my AV of 8 was paper (kind of like last round...but I digress).  Got a couple more guys block, and the closest thing I have to a vet got +1 MV to go with his block, lucky me.  Now if he'll only last long enough to get strip ball...
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:36 PM

Stir-frying Nurgles win over Kenosha Marooning Goblins 1-0.  Nurgle are sort of weird for Goblins to play - you can scamper around fairly freely but all the various goblin-passing hijinxs are Disturbing Presenced out of the game.  This was definitely winnable, though, in another world where my chainsaw guy lasted more than one turn and I didn't GFI without a reroll. 

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:38 PM

Stir Fry 1, Kenosha (not Wauwautosa) Maroons 0.  Lot of stupid in this match, although my beast carried the ball for a bit at the end until a failed (questionable) GFI.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 11:15:40 AM

Ezrast and I got out game played out - sorry for the delay, had a really busy week.

Aery Faery's 3 - Wrong Games 2

Match was dominated by sweltering heat after the initial kick off that lasted the entire match after the first score. I defended doggedly for 4 turns and though I popped the ball free a couple of times I was unable to do anything with it and Ezrast opened the scoring on turn 5, then the sweltering heat kicked in and I found my near full team facing only 6 players for Ezrast meaning I got an easy reply in turn 8 to go in half time at 1-1.

Second half the weather stayed the same and again I outnumbered ezrast on the kickoff leading to a 2 turn touchdown to take the lead. Ezrast had better luck on the next play but his ball handling vamp suffered a bloodlust and though it was the same play he was going to attempt anyway a fumbled catch let me scoop up the ball and throw it to the far side of the pitch and run away from any cover to score my third touchdown on turn 14.

Ezrast managed a reply on the last turn of the game when I misjudged my cover but the heat had taken it's toll on the vamp's in this match and strongly influenced the outcome much more than any play on my part I feel.

Ezrast said he would sort out the upload since BBmanager crashed as I exited Bloodbowl.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:45 AM

Don't know if it counts at this point, but Ulysees and I got our belated game in. 3-2 to Aery Faery's as I continue to struggle with figuring out what Vampires are supposed to do.

Ulysees elected to start off kicking, and despite a slip-up or two involving Strip Ball I managed to work a Vampire up the field, through the elven screen, and score on turn 6. This left the Faery's with three turns to score, and after rolling five ones out of eleven Sweltering Heat rolls I had pretty much no defense against the elves' plays and the score was easily tied 1-1.

The Sweltering Heat rolls were much more even in the second half, and in some cases helped me make up for having hurt players, but Bloodlust and my lack of a bench made it very difficult to form any sort of defense against the Aery Wardancers. The Faery's secured the game with two more TDs, though I was able to make a consolation TD in the last two turns of the game thanks to a High Kick and some good rolls.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4  
Jump to: