Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A bit of actual Mad Science 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A bit of actual Mad Science  (Read 1805 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:53 AM

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/08/the_robot_apocalypse_cannot_come_fast_enough_for_t.php

This is pretty interesting (and also pretty freaky.) I look forward to our mandatory RFID chips someday (will help me not lose my credit card, at least.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:19 AM

That is positively amazing.  Particularly the bit with the neurons.

Little by little my dream of becoming a Dalek creeps closer to reality.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:28 AM

Little by little my dream of becoming a Dalek creeps closer to reality.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
personally, I wish they would advance Genetic research to the point where they can accurately splice us with select parts of your favourite critter.  I wouldnt mind having a shark's ability to grow new teeth (never go to the dentist again).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 01:46:00 AM

personally, I wish they would advance Genetic research to the point where they can accurately splice us with select parts of your favourite critter.  I wouldnt mind having a shark's ability to grow new teeth (never go to the dentist again).

I really don't want to see people showing off the fursionalities.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:20 AM

I really don't want to see people showing off the fursionalities.
True, that would be a down side, however if they could pull off genetic tweaks without the visible markers of the originating animal, that would be some awesome shit.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Talpidae
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:04 AM

Richard Morgan territory there.  Gecko Spines for the Win.

"LOOK HOW CLEVER ARE MY BALLS!" - Steven Moffat.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 03:24:57 PM

Prehensile dick.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 05:55:08 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A bit of actual Mad Science  
Jump to: