Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Sports Discussion  (Read 329568 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #1155 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:29 AM

Warning: Extremely sandy vagina suspected

I mostly don't give a fuck about Aaron Rodgers, but good for him. God what a whiny maggot. If that guy worked for my media outlet he would lose his Twitter privileges for a few centuries.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1156 on: March 30, 2015, 09:52:58 AM

What a fucking douchenozzle.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1157 on: March 30, 2015, 09:55:00 AM

Warning: Extremely sandy vagina suspected

I mostly don't give a fuck about Aaron Rodgers, but good for him. God what a whiny maggot. If that guy worked for my media outlet he would lose his Twitter privileges for a few centuries.

Win a superbowl for your team in the home state and yeah...you should get special treatment. It is earned at that point. Nerdrage of that reporter is kinda precious.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1158 on: March 30, 2015, 10:38:05 AM

I say this because I know and have worked with several credentialed sports reporters before, they are the most stubborn, entitled, dismissive people on the planet. More than athletes because in most cases the athletes have a skill. Sports reporters get upset the second a potential interviewee doesn't answer the questions they have. Here's some of my favorite responses:

"Hey we have a job to do here too."
"You, the fans, lose out when we don't get our questions answered."
"If you let teams control the message, you'll never get anything interesting."
"Be professional, answer the questions and we will be professional too."
"Being on the side of the media can really help your organization in times of trouble."

All of that is bullshit. All of it. Sports reporters don't give a damn about the fans, they think you are all beer-swilling morons ready to fire somebody at the drop of a hat. They don't really care about getting good answers either, because they will run with whatever. What they do care about is their butt-hurt feelings, and they feel they deserve to have their questions answered no matter how stupid. In times of need, they will pile on like everyone else. They don't protect people anymore, and they are looking for reasons to stir shit up. Controversy sells eyeballs and that's all the new generation of sports writers care about. They want page-views and ad views. Period.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1159 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:05 AM

But I don't wear red.

Heart

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1160 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:26 PM

But I don't wear red.

Heart

I take that to be a Cal alum's dig at Stanford?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1161 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:35 PM

No. Stanford is cardinal (the color, not the bird). Badgers is Badger red.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: March 30, 2015, 02:37:46 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1163 on: March 30, 2015, 03:04:01 PM

The fact it's remotely confusing shows exactly how much the nation pays attention to that barn-burner rivalry.

why so serious?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1164 on: March 30, 2015, 03:11:06 PM

One half of the rivalry doesn't care either.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1165 on: March 30, 2015, 03:15:05 PM

I had to look up the last time Cal was really good and it was 2006.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:19 PM

The rivalry is at its best when both teams are shitty, IMO. That way neither side has anything to think about except beating each other.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1167 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:44 PM

That's true.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1168 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:25 PM

Ah, like the old school saints and falcons rivalry. So awful that's all you can cling to

WayAbvPar

Reply #1169 on: March 30, 2015, 03:42:38 PM

Ah, like the old school saints and falcons rivalry. So awful that's all you can cling to

What? I can't hear you over all this noise in the Georgia Dome.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1170 on: March 31, 2015, 05:57:42 AM

Don't worry we fired the guy that was solely responsible for that. After all I'm sure it was completely his idea and that none of the higer ups knew about it, and he moved all the equipment himself while signing off on the permissions.

The Falcons organization is such a lying bunch of fuckers. Them trying to sell this sinking Titantic of a stadium is going to ruin the team for the next 5 years minimum. No coach worth a damn was going to take this job.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1171 on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:34 AM

Unless Arthur Blank owns stake in the construction companies, I cannot for the life of me understand what he gains by building an entirely new fucking stadium. Granted, he got taxpayer money to fund part of it, but still... is the revenue on a stadium that isn't even 30 years old that much less than what there would be from a new stadium?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1172 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:57 AM

Unless Arthur Blank owns stake in the construction companies, I cannot for the life of me understand what he gains by building an entirely new fucking stadium. Granted, he got taxpayer money to fund part of it, but still... is the revenue on a stadium that isn't even 30 years old that much less than what there would be from a new stadium?

He gains a better deal from the owners of the stadium, the Georgia World Congress Center Authority. You see, Arthur Blank isn't building one for himself. He's building it because the GWCCA wanted a newer, better building to host events, and the only way they were going to get that done was by working with the Falcons to cram it down the throats of the public. Atlanta has been really converting itself into a destination event town for the last decade, and this is part of the city government's power play to make even more tourism and convention center shit happen in Atlanta.

So they cut Arthur a deal, they would cover $600M in public funding, Blank would cover the approximately $600M in costs plus any overruns. That would come in combination of the NFL backed loans for new stadiums, and PSL sales. Now what does Arthur gain from the new building? He controls all the operations and revenues for everything. He controls all the expenses too, but essentially he'll get ALL the money for any event that happens in that building. Right now he just gets money for Falcons events, and he didn't control all the suites. The new building is him controlling everything and then paying the GWCCA a yearly fee, which they do nothing for. Basically it shifts the entire burden of managing the building to the Falcons, and it shifts all the upside of profit to Arthur Blank.

That means he'll get tickets, advertising, promotional, events, food and beverage, rental, and naming rights income.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1173 on: March 31, 2015, 12:05:21 PM

Jesus fucking Christ... that may actually be the shittiest deal for the people of Atlanta and the state of Georgia that there could possibly be. What clueless fuckstick thought that was a good idea for their constituents? How is that even remotely a good deal for anyone but Arthur Blank?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1174 on: April 04, 2015, 09:20:50 PM

Suck it, Kentucky.

-Rasix
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: April 06, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

Fuck I hate college basketball. Why do I get invested into this stuff? Duke rents players for a year or two and Wisconsin builds theirs up over 4. I hope it's vacated in a few years.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1176 on: April 07, 2015, 02:33:20 AM

Don't hold your breath. Seems likely that Coach K is as clean as they get in the NCAA.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1177 on: April 07, 2015, 06:00:45 AM

I'm glad the death star won. Duke was the better defensive team, with the better player in the middle. They were the better team all around. Wisconsin got really lucky to get past Arizona, and they denied me my chance to see a UK-Duke battle for it all with perfection on the line, so I don't care about them.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1178 on: April 07, 2015, 10:03:45 AM

Fuck I hate college basketball. Why do I get invested into this stuff? Duke rents players for a year or two and Wisconsin builds theirs up over 4. I hope it's vacated in a few years.

In that case, I blame the NBA and that idiotic one-and-done rule that forces high school prospects to spend a year in college before being eligible for the draft. It's pretty much removed any kind of legacy-building of a team. You have 6 months to get your team of rentals to work together before bidding them farewell.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1179 on: April 09, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

Anyone watching the Masters? I took the day off to watch the first round. Spieth went goddamned bananas, then slowed down on the second half of the back nine before a birdie on 18. Jason Day had a very nice back 9 and is 2 back of Spieth. Tiger sprayed the ball all over creation off the tee, but saved a lot of pars with a very solid short game. He looks healthy at least. If can get it put together he can still win a few tournaments, but his window is getting damned small. In old guy news, Ernie Els shot a very nice -6 and Freddie Couples shot +7  Heartbreak

Working from home tomorrow so this will be on 'in the background'   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: April 09, 2015, 08:38:58 PM

I'll be watching it this weekend when I get the chance. Personal issues aside, golf needs Tiger Woods to be really good again. Or someone else just as good. It is far more interesting to watch. That said, I don't think he can do it. Whatever mojo he had before everything went down will never come back.

Majors are always interesting because it is fun to watch some players come out of the gates on fire and totally fall off. While the players with a real shot just keep playing consistently all weekend and keep building on their game to the end.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:41 AM

I'm going on Saturday.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1182 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:53 PM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1183 on: July 24, 2015, 05:15:42 AM

Wrestling counts as a sport, right?

Breaking News: Hulk Hogan Removed From Everything WWE Related, Pulled From Tough Enough, Hogan Posts Cryptic Reaction
Nick Paglino Nick Paglino
July 23, 2015

hulk hoganhulk hoganAn unusual story is developing late Thursday night, as WWE has seemingly completely disassociated itself from Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan.

Hogan has been pulled from WWE.com completely, he is no longer listed as a judge on Tough Enough, and all of his merchandise links have been removed from WWE’s online shop.

The only Hogan related link remaining on WWE’s website is him being advertised for the Australian tour in which he is scheduled to be the General Manager. However, when you click the link it takes you to a page saying “You are not authorized to access this page.”

In what might be a reaction to all this, Hogan Tweeted the following:

“In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH”

More Details on Hulk Hogan and WWE Potentially Parting Ways, Hogan Rumored to Have Gone On a Racial Tirade, More
Nick Paglino Nick Paglino
July 23, 2015

As noted, WWE’s website has completely pulled all things Hulk Hogan related, and it appears as if Hogan is done with the company.

Rumors have begun surfacing online that a video or audio tape might have leaked, which features Hogan going on a racial tirade, but that cannot be confirmed at this time, nor can it be confirmed that’s the reason why WWE.com has disassociated itself from Hogan.

Dave Meltzer Tweeted the following:

WWE web site told a few hours ago to remove all references to him. That’s all I know so far.

— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) July 24, 2015

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/601405-more-details-on-hulk-hogan-and-wwe-potentially-parting-ways-hogan-rumored-to-have-gone-on-a-racial-tirade-more

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1184 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:41 AM

More info here, but its pretty much all speculation at this point. Too long to chop and paste so cleeeek da leeeenk.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/24/report-wwe-scrubs-all-mentions-of-hulk-hogan-in-wake-of-controversial-n-word-audio.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:48:41 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1185 on: September 05, 2015, 01:46:11 PM

As a lead up to the World Cup the U.S. Are playing Australia tonight in rugby at Soldiers field.  It will be on nbc sports. 7pm est if you're interested.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:19 PM

Looks like someone needs to up their roid dossage. awesome, for real

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/us-open-tennis-serena-1.3224759
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1187 on: October 31, 2015, 07:08:49 AM

Grantland shutdown.  Heartbreak
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: October 31, 2015, 06:46:48 PM

Grantland shutdown.  Heartbreak

Fuck ESPN.

Idiots.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: October 31, 2015, 07:00:54 PM

ESPN is owned by the rat. Never forget that.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion  
Jump to: