Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Sports Discussion  (Read 329557 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #210 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:59 AM

We all admit he's a gutless dipshit. I don't think that's in question.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #211 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:08 AM

We all admit he's a gutless dipshit. I don't think that's in question.

I was thinking he was more of a spineless douchebag.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #212 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:43 PM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #213 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:03 PM

The article says that he is the father of 6 adopted children.  It will be interesting to see if any of them come forward with allegations.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 15, 2011, 10:11:24 PM

McQueary has apparently said in an email to a friend that he did stop the act in progress, and did go to the police.  May have been only campus police.

http://news.yahoo.com/email-tv-talk-add-twists-penn-state-case-010955698.html

If true, then he isn't the complete shitbag I thought he was, only a partial one for not following through.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #215 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:45 AM

In a lot of places campus police = real police.  I wonder what actually transpired with that.  If he did go to the police and they blew it off it could get a whole lot hairier for Penn State.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 16, 2011, 04:46:52 AM

The article sorta leads me to believe that, in this case, campus police are not real police.  But on the other hand, I don't think the article was clear or not on whether he may have also gone to the real police.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #217 on: November 16, 2011, 05:23:25 AM

I would seriously doubt that Penn State campus police aren't real police.  And if he reported it to them I would assume there would be some form of official report.  That claim could come back to bite him in the ass.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: November 16, 2011, 05:29:30 AM

Your probably right, but the article made it sound dubious to me if they were real police or not.

And if humans can be made to disappear in connection to this case ( Tinfoil Hat ) then making a police report go away is no problem.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #219 on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:25 AM

Yeah, they're real police.  They employ 46 armed officers.

The kicker in all this is that apparently PSU is somehow exempt from the state of Pennsylvania's open records law.  This seems absolutely fucking ridiculous for an institution that receives a lot of state money.  Because of this it may not come out until the trial. 

While every other commonwealth agency is subject to Pennsylvania's open records law, Penn State is exempt, making it difficult to get information about who knew what and when regarding the sex abuse claims.
Penn State, along with three other schools that receive state funds, don't fall under Pennsylvania's Right to Know Law, according to Terry Mutchler, the executive director of the state's Office of Open Records.
"If this were an investigation involving another university ... that did have a scandal at its doorstep, they were subject to the Right to Know Law," Mutchler told CNN.
"You were able to obtain, in that situation, e-mails, copies of incident reports at the police department, any kind of policies that came out with the Board of Trustees. That would all be available," she said. "At Penn State, however, that's off limits."
In 2007, state lawmakers considered a change that would have included the school under the open records law. But Spanier testified against the move before the House State Government Committee.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:14 AM

McQueary has apparently said in an email to a friend that he did stop the act in progress, and did go to the police.  May have been only campus police.

http://news.yahoo.com/email-tv-talk-add-twists-penn-state-case-010955698.html

If true, then he isn't the complete shitbag I thought he was, only a partial one for not following through.

It's just a big game of telephone -- everybody gave everybody an account, yet nothing much was done, other than eventually taking away the man's facility keys… …but he still went on to [allegedly] molest more boys on the Second Mile.

Guess it's the nature of being so insulated, so remote and where the athletic program is in complete control of its academic overseers, the media, the local law enforcement, etc.…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #221 on: November 17, 2011, 06:25:45 PM

Holy Shit.  Bernie Fine, former Syracuse basketball assistant accused of molestation

He said that Boeheim knew he was traveling on the road and sleeping in Fine's room.

"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."

This could be it for Boeheim  as well.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #222 on: November 17, 2011, 07:48:33 PM

Oh this is starting to look good for the NCAA.  ACK!

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #223 on: November 18, 2011, 07:15:57 AM

Another Oklahoma State airplane incident

Women's coach Budke dies along with 3 other people.  That university is cursed. 

Oklahoma State women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant Miranda Serna have died in a plane crash along with two others, just 10 months after the school commemorated the 10th anniversary of a crash that killed 10 men associated with the men's program.

The plane went down Thursday night in Perry County, Ark., killing the pilot and another individual not affiliated with the university, the school said in a news release. There were no survivors.

I don't like flying anyway, but I'll be damned if I'm getting in a puddle jumper. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #224 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:42 AM

Here's a nice article about the Bernie Fine situation.  It's by Jason Whitlock and he blasts ESPN for the uneven reporting on the situation.  He makes the point that you hear comments asking why the media aren't calling for Bernie Fine's head just like Paterno's, but that this is okay because they are different situations.  Much of what is being said about the Fine case is being pushed by ESPN for their own benefit in ratings.  I tend to agree with him on this. 

This column is not meant to exonerate Bernie Fine, whom Syracuse put on administrative leave pending an ESPN-driven police investigation into whether he sexually molested step brothers and former SU ball boys Bobby Davis and Mike Lang in the 1970s, '80s and ‘90s. I do not know Bernie Fine. I do not have any insight into what did or did not transpire between Fine and his two accusers.

What I do know, based on Schwarz’s juvenile “reporting,” is the Worldwide Leader didn’t have nearly enough evidence to air such a reputation-damaging story. Schwarz acquired just enough information — two vague, mumbling on-camera interviews from Fine’s accusers — to protect ESPN from a lawsuit. Schwarz did the legal minimum.

Was his story sound journalism? Was his story remotely fair? No, and hell no.

Let me repeat: I’m not exonerating Bernie Fine. I don’t know him. I don’t know what he’s capable of doing and/or hiding.

What I know is you don’t destroy a person’s reputation with two highly flimsy accusations. The accusations against Fine are nothing like the accusations against Jerry Sandusky. There were multiple eyewitnesses — including a Penn State assistant coach — to Sandusky’s alleged criminal behavior. There was a three-year investigation into Sandusky, a grand jury indictment, an arrest and a public statement by the Pennsylvania state police criticizing Paterno and McQueary for failing to meet their moral obligation.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #225 on: November 22, 2011, 06:32:35 AM

http://crownsports.blogspot.com/2011/11/sandusky-cover-up-scandal.html

Take it in the context that it is a blog entry, but the details outlined put a ton of stuff into the spotlight that probably are best served in the dark.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:24 AM

Take it in the context that it is a blog entry, but the details outlined put a ton of stuff into the spotlight that probably are best served in the dark.
The author needs to seriously learn the difference between than and then.  And how to use simple punctuation such as commas to help break up some of those run-on sentences.  It started getting hard to read after a while.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #227 on: November 22, 2011, 09:54:00 AM

The author needs to seriously learn the difference between than and then.  And how to use simple punctuation such as commas to help break up some of those run-on sentences.  It started getting hard to read after a while.

ABOUT ME

Hacksaw Hemingway
BA English, The Ohio State University 1997

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: November 22, 2011, 09:57:00 AM

Well, I guess in his "defense" he posts a comment that he never expected to have so many hits on the blog and didn't bother to proofread the article.  I'm tempted to reply that nothing's stopping him from going back to proofread it now and fix all the mistakes. 

It's an example of people thinking that just because it's on the internet, they don't need to bother doing it right the first time.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #229 on: November 22, 2011, 07:28:15 PM

Or he's fucking lying, which is more likely.  There's better grammar on this website, and I guarantee you people don't usually proofread there their stuff here.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #230 on: November 23, 2011, 07:44:02 AM

Yeah, that article was TERRIBLE. His grammar and spelling were so bad I felt like there were missing words in sentences that would have made his meaning a lot clearer.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #231 on: November 23, 2011, 07:48:54 AM

It was a pretty informative article though, and did put together some nice points with references. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #232 on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:35 AM

Yeah, Bernie Fine is fucked.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Boeheim should be held to the same standard as Paterno, et. al. and should probably be brought up on criminal charges.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #233 on: November 27, 2011, 09:08:23 AM

I don't think they can use her testimony though? Doesn't that fall under privilege?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #234 on: November 27, 2011, 07:52:18 PM

I don't think they can use her testimony though? Doesn't that fall under privilege?

I have no idea, but this is going to break open soon.  

Edit:  It's just a matter of time until Boeheim gets canned, and rightfully so. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:51:57 AM by ghost »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #235 on: November 28, 2011, 11:04:13 AM

Bleh, that's at best fine-the-guy kind of talk, not fire-the-guy. You shouldn't really be firing dudes just for being assholes - and if "they're lying just to get money" is firing-worthy probably half the dudes in every police station, DA's office, and law firm in the country, unless they've never handled a rape case, need to go.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #236 on: November 28, 2011, 11:09:49 AM

I bet that Boeheim knows more about this than he's admitting.  This one may have some gory details just like the Penn State situation.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #237 on: November 28, 2011, 12:06:12 PM

Okay.  Who wants to crash Antoine Walker's party?   awesome, for real
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #238 on: November 30, 2011, 02:07:47 PM

Time for the first lawsuit for Jerry Sandusky, Penn State and his charity.  

I hope Penn State knows they are royally, and I mean royally, fucked.  This deal is going to cost the university and the state of Pennsylvania millions of dollars.  

Edit:  Also, this is a fucking crazy allegation against Laurie Fine, and not just because she's uglier than hell. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:45:39 PM by ghost »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #239 on: November 30, 2011, 02:51:02 PM

I hope it sinks the Penn State program tbh.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #240 on: November 30, 2011, 02:55:30 PM

Read the other article about Laurie Fine.  I guess it wouldn't be surprising if she wasn't disgusting.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #241 on: December 07, 2011, 01:33:56 PM

High school team loses title after celebration penalty

If you watch the video this was a very lame little fist pump that cost the team a lot.  It seems to me that they are trying to suck the fun out of everything any more. 

"We try and play by the rules, and the rule is 'no celebrating,' " he said.

Doesn't this seem a little bullshit for something that is supposed to be about fun?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #242 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:39 PM

High school team loses title after celebration penalty

If you watch the video this was a very lame little fist pump that cost the team a lot.  It seems to me that they are trying to suck the fun out of everything any more. 

"We try and play by the rules, and the rule is 'no celebrating,' " he said.

Doesn't this seem a little bullshit for something that is supposed to be about fun?

Caught this earlier today. What the fuck is the point of playing if you are not allowed to feel anything if you win? I completely agree... this is a fucked rule that they are using in black and white terms.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: December 07, 2011, 01:53:57 PM

The analyst in the video on that link does bring up the NFL, and how at one point the elaborate touchdown celebrations were getting rather ridiculous and that's a big contributor in why we have idiotic rules like this.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #244 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

It's still fuck all retarded.  Unless there's a celebration involving direct taunting of the opposing player or stands or the simulation of the use of a weapon or if it lasts longer than 5 seconds, almost anything should be allowed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion  
Jump to: