Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The Ex-Presidents of Doom! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ex-Presidents of Doom!  (Read 5865 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: July 14, 2011, 06:25:01 PM

The Ex-Presidents of Doom!

----------------------------------------------------------
Matches played: 32
Won: 20
Drawn: 2
Lost: 10 (3 due to crashes)

TD inflicted: 42
TD sustained: 27

Casualties Inflicted: 67
Casualties Sustained: 37
----------------------------------------------------------

After entering the regular season with a single reroll, the Ex-Presidents of Doom carved a swath of destruction in the Stormbringer division, finishing second to Andydavo's ruthless Dark Elves.  In their first playoffs the Ex-Presidents lost a heartbreaking game against Strazos' Diplomatic Immunity in the first round, but the chief executives score to return again with an even stronger team.

In season 5 the Ex-Presidents took the Twilight 2000 division by storm, achieving the only perfect regular season in the league that season and advanced with ease into the playoffs.

1. George Washington

A founding member of the Ex-Presidents, George Washington dazzled crowds in the Feeder League with his two touchdowns, multiple mvps and capacity for senseless violence.  Often called the father of the team, George Washington still bears a hip injury from a short but brutal bout with a juiced up assassin employed by Lamaros' Dark Elves.  George Washington's career would have ended abruptly after that fabled game but for his miraculous dodge skill and snappy red, white and blue costume.

2. Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was responsible for the Ex-Presidents' sole interception in the Feeder League, but when asked to comment on the matter after the game, Lincoln insisted that it was not an interception, but an emancipation.  Having never sustained a major injury, Abraham Lincoln has survived all 24 Ex-Presidents matches.

3. Theodore Roosevelt

Chief executive of pain, Theodore Roosevelt is the third of the Ex-Presidents' three blodging Chaos Warriors.  Roosevelt fancies himself a cage buster, but if you ask most of his opponents they'll just say he's a bully.

4. Andrew Jackson

The newest Chaos Warrior for the Ex-Presidents, Andrew Jackson has yet to distinguish himself in the three games he has played.  He has sworn, however, to send every future opponent on a trail of tears.

5. Harry S. Truman

The newest rising star of the Ex-Presidents, Truman was actually a founding member, but failed to produce much of importance until this season.  Over the course of the last three games though, Truman has accumulated two new skills, and finally Harry is ready to give 'em hell.

6. Grover Cleveland

Grover Cleveland, or "Cleaveland" as it is spelled by his fans, has failed to impress in his seven games played.  He promises, however, that though his career may have hit a low point he plans on a comeback.

7. Thomas Jefferson

A founding member of the team, Thomas Jefferson has played in 22 games for the Ex-Presidents, but in all of that time has yet to reach level two.  Jefferson still holds out hope for a future career which is brighter than the past, and has been heard to say that "the tree of tyranny must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of skinks and goblins."

8. Millard Fillmore

Millard Fillmore is responsible for transforming violence into a fine art.  With 11 inflicted casualties and 1 kill in his 24 games, Fillmore's bloodlust is a thing of legend.  Though his brutality is exquisite, and all of his training has been focused on the application of unrelenting ire, Millard Fillmore has still found the time to inflict four touchdowns while crushing faces and dreams equally.  Now, with "piling on" as his fifth level skill, Millard Fillmore looks forward to producing even more orphans in his wrathful wake.

9. Franklin Pierce

With 8 touchdowns inflicted and over 400 yards rushing, Franklin Pierce has distinguished himself as one of the keys to the Presidents' success.  An unrelenting steamroller of touchdown scoring beastman flesh, Pierce has also inflicted five casualties on his multiple trips to the end zone.  Lacking dodge, Pierce prefers to pound his way through the opposition with a flurry of hooves, horns and breathtaking obscenities.

10. Calvin Coolidge

Added to the team as the Presidents entered the regular f13 league, Calvin Coolidge has had a lackluster six games, which is often attributed to his laissez faire attitude.

11. Jimmy Carter

A member of the Ex-Presidents for 13 games now, Jimmy Carter has overcome an early career malaise and recently began to make some serious contributions on the pitch.  When asked to comment on his future with the team, Carter said that his previous games were merely peanuts compared to what was to come.

The Ex-Presidents have dedicated their post-season to the late Richard Nixon, villainously assassinated by the Paper Dolls in the last game of the regular season.  Richard Nixon, you were a crook.  RIP.

The future looks bright for the Ex-Presidents of Doom.  What could be next?  A winning streak through the playoffs?  A cathartic bloodletting in the f13 Championship match?  Or maybe just a series of f13 Radicalthon articles detailing their grue-strewn rampages to come?  Only time can tell, but one thing is for sure: the Ex-Presidents will be running for re-election in Season 6!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:24:52 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:37:58 AM

Awesome, great, brilliant.

Honestly, I think everyone should make his/her own Team page. But I guess I'm just too geekynerdy...

Regardless, fantastic job there Ruvaldt. I love how these things permanently contribute to the flavour.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:41:37 AM

Yeah I approve. I will put one up once I am done mourning my dead, maybe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:12:04 AM

I would, but when I created my team I was used to the more generous renaming-window afforded by the Single Player game, and so I ended up with a bunch of generically-monikered punks. Maybe by season 11 I will have had to replace all the original members, and my Nec-Romantic naming scheme will be fully implemented.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:26:26 PM

I have all pre-genned names as well, though this doesn't bother me.

I just won't do this because of the time it would take to create all the requisite images and upload them.

Also, I'm not terribly witty, so my page wouldn't be very interesting. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:09 PM

I have special names, but there's no way I'm going to illustrate a post like this. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 02:39:54 PM

Yeah, I'm lazy and not witty, so I highly doubt I'll make a page.  Maybe if I actually win the championship, just to rub it in.   why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:32:27 PM

It was a fun creative exercise that took around an hour and a half.  Being a US history teacher helps to make lots of jokes based upon presidential history though.

After doing this I feel a lot more attached to my team, which could be good and could be bad as surely they will be killed and injured over time.  I may keep this updated or I may just do a radicalthon next season.  I've wanted to do a kind of radicalthon gaming journal for a Blood Bowl team for several seasons, and now that I have a team that I really like I may just do it.

Thanks for the compliments.  I'd also love to read more team pages from folks at f13.  I really liked Falc's from around Season 3.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:50:14 PM

I might do a harbringers page. Despite them bieng utterly shit I've actually grown quite attached to the team. Sonce I will probably retire them now I think I might do a retirement page or something

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 04:22:12 PM

You need to buy a Minotaur and call him Taft.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:04 PM

He had one in the feeder league but I think he had to fire it to fit under 1250.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 04:38:16 PM

Oh yes, and I'm still bitter you stole my gimmick.   awesome, for real  In the past, I've tended to always make teams called the Ex-presidents, with players named after them.  Those of you who've played fantasy baseball with me (and yes, i realized I haven't logged in to check my team in forever.  Sorry, been busy with attempting to get a job with the government) will have noticed.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 05:20:14 PM

You need to buy a Minotaur and call him Taft.

Yeah, like Ingmar said William Howard Taft was my minotaur in the Feeder League.  I regret not making him Theodore Roosevelt though..."bully" and all.  Was a sad loss, he got block on his first level up.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:22 AM

Reached for comment about his son's phenomenal success this season, Millard Fillmore's father gave an exclusive interview to spanish TV.  The grunts, snorts and moans of this proud father are heartwarming, and a reminder of the importance of family this holiday season.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The Ex-Presidents of Doom!  
Jump to: