Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2011  (Read 81225 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 04, 2011, 08:49:15 AM

I remember a lot of comments to the effect that the transformer game was actually pretty good.   I'm probably going to check it out at that price finally.

I've already got it on the 360, any mileage in getting it on the PC as well? (answers within the hour please smiley )

Days 2 & 3 have otherwise failed to provide anythng I particularly desire (DA2 still isn't cheaper than I can get it retail)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #141 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:05 AM

Anyone care to explain how these Eschalon games work and play? The videos were not terribly impressive, but it's an RPG so I'm inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: July 04, 2011, 10:17:01 AM

Is Alpha Protocoll any good ? Or is it that game that everyone raged about because of how broken some paths were ?

edit: Nevermind, Joe to the rescue...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:19:17 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #143 on: July 04, 2011, 10:21:24 AM

I already own M&B and mod the shit out of it, so I'd recommend that to anyone who doesn't own it. Get Warband and the Regular version, you can skip Fire and Sword since there aren't enough mods for it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:58 AM

New Vegas day - my first planned purchase!

Edit: Also bought the Serious Sam double pack.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:12:17 AM by Malakili »
Strazos

Reply #145 on: July 04, 2011, 10:36:57 AM

Picked up Alpha Protocol...just because.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #146 on: July 04, 2011, 10:43:50 AM

I was hoping for a better price on New Vegas, but I'll take it.  I've been waiting a long time to play it so I'm willing to fork over $20 for it and the two DLCs.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #147 on: July 04, 2011, 11:07:37 AM

Didn't care for playing Fallout NV on PS3, so I bought it on this sale.  I might be just about capping out on my budget. 
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: July 04, 2011, 11:34:55 AM

I already own M&B and mod the shit out of it, so I'd recommend that to anyone who doesn't own it. Get Warband and the Regular version, you can skip Fire and Sword since there aren't enough mods for it.

I'm not so sure I'm sold on it and the older versions are more expensive.   I like mods but won't there be plenty of mods for the new version at some point?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: July 04, 2011, 11:40:09 AM

Is Alpha Protocoll any good ? Or is it that game that everyone raged about because of how broken some paths were ?

edit: Nevermind, Joe to the rescue...

Alpha Protocol totally depends on the player I think. It got terrible reviews but I enjoyed the hell out of it because of how much choice the game had. Let's put it this way, I've never played a game before that can have different final boss battles depending on choices you make over the course of the game.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #150 on: July 04, 2011, 11:52:52 AM

I'm not so sure I'm sold on it and the older versions are more expensive.   I like mods but won't there be plenty of mods for the new version at some point?

Not really. The modders hate the F&S version. Most of the mods are for Warband. And there's a good reason for that. The F&S version is ok, but it was buggy and didn't add much to the engine that wasn't already there in Warband.

There's a reason Warband is more expensive. It's better.

Just trust me on this one I've put 114 hours into F&S, 164 into the orginal, and over 100 into the new mods on Warband across Steam and my old computer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:56:34 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 04, 2011, 12:30:44 PM

Dropped $7.50 for Singularity, as I missed it the last time it was on sale.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #152 on: July 04, 2011, 12:35:37 PM

I discovered something interesting, in that it might just be picking up old achieves for tickets. I went ahead and bought the THQ pack the other day since it had the 40k games and I figured I'd give TQ a shot.*  I got a free ticket today for completing the 2nd chaper of Homefront, which I'd installed and played through entirely on Saturday.   It could just be that "any day during the sale" also means "if you happen to have done it before we put the ticket task up."

*I figure $50 for 3 games I wanted to play 2 I'd heard good things of and a few others who had fans here isn't a bad deal and I shouldn't have been so wishy-washy about it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: July 04, 2011, 12:44:22 PM

Dropped $7.50 for Singularity, as I missed it the last time it was on sale.

That was such a cool game. I love time traveling Soviets.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 12:49:24 PM

Opinions on RUSE anyone?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #155 on: July 04, 2011, 12:49:34 PM

I concur that Warband is the version to get. F&S isn't actually newer anyway is my understanding, it just took forever to come out here.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:24 PM

Jesus fucking christ, Two Worlds 2 has DRM that wants you personal information to activate the game.

edit: turns out you can opt out of registration, there's just a bug that makes the button inaccessible if you have a 360 controller plugged in (a side effect of the mouse not working unless you unplug the pad and restart the game).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:00:51 PM by jakonovski »
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: July 04, 2011, 02:59:40 PM

Opinions on RUSE anyone?
Love it. Much slower paced than typical RTSs, more strategic.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 04, 2011, 03:18:39 PM

Opinions on RUSE anyone?
Love it. Much slower paced than typical RTSs, more strategic.

Its pretty good, there isn't much of a multiplayer community though, so just realize if you buy it its basically just for the single player campaign.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #159 on: July 04, 2011, 05:58:48 PM

Been waiting for Fallout NV to go on sale, so I grabbed it and the DLC.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #160 on: July 04, 2011, 06:17:26 PM

Got Singularity and FNV with the DLC today. Guess I have to re-scrub my wishlist again. Trine is on sale for even less than I paid for it just 2 days ago. Still, it's only about $2 difference, so I'm not going to sweat it that much.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 04, 2011, 06:23:13 PM

I'm really loving NV, better than Fallout 3.  Especially since I've been replaying Fallout 2 recently, it really hits the tone right pretty well.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #162 on: July 04, 2011, 06:45:01 PM

I'm really loving NV, better than Fallout 3.  Especially since I've been replaying Fallout 2 recently, it really hits the tone right pretty well.
I think I might buy it now. I never played Fallout 3, so I've been waiting and waiting for it to go on sale for like $10 or something but welp, only New Vegas.

It does have the "Bethesda face" problem however.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:09 PM

Got Singularity and FNV with the DLC today. Guess I have to re-scrub my wishlist again. Trine is on sale for even less than I paid for it just 2 days ago. Still, it's only about $2 difference, so I'm not going to sweat it that much.

Az, did you buy it from the 'Screw us cause we're Australian' prices, or are you doing the US proxy thing?

I find it so hard to buy something when its one of the Screw us prices - even if its discounted it still hurts.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 08:21:10 PM

Any thoughts on Frozen Synapse?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #165 on: July 04, 2011, 08:28:54 PM

I had a friend in the US region help me out on them - sent them some moneys and got them as gifts. I'd never buy games that are ripoffville Australian prices - I usually get those via the UK. www.ozgameshop.com or www.365games.co.uk

Does anyone know how to take screenshots in steam games? F12 does nothing, and there's nothing in my steam screenshot folder. Tried Zombie Driver, Serious Sam, BC2..  Even tried on TF2 which of all things should work since it's a Valve game with no luck...

Frozen Synapse - seems pretty good. I haven't had much of a chance to play it, but it comes with 2 copies from memory, so you should be able to split the already-disounted price with someone. Makes it about six bucks. Worthwhile for that.

Strazos

Reply #166 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:51 PM

Any thoughts on Frozen Synapse?

The soundtrack is great.

The game is pretty good as well.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Someone had a link to a nice, effusive online review that I am far too lazy to dig up, but in short it's a purely-procedural tactics game. The video I mentioned gives a decent look at the game. In short, think of a tactics game...with no dice-rolling. Priority of actions matter - A Lot.

Fear the Backstab!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: July 04, 2011, 10:26:28 PM

Does anyone know how to take screenshots in steam games? F12 does nothing, and there's nothing in my steam screenshot folder. Tried Zombie Driver, Serious Sam, BC2..  Even tried on TF2 which of all things should work since it's a Valve game with no luck...

If you open the client, go to the "Steam" menu and hit "settings," it should open a settings window.  On the "in-game" tab you should see a box for "screenshot shortcut keys" or something like that.  I believe by default it is f12, but if yours isn't working, you might want to remap it to something else.  I do think there are games it doesn't work for (games that don't use the Steam overlay, like Blood Bowl, I think) but I haven't run in to any problems with it.

After that, for the achievement, I think you have to upload it using the screenshot manager, which is on your community page (so you can't just use something like prtSc->paste).
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #168 on: July 04, 2011, 11:26:43 PM

Yep, I'd already checked it, and it was f12. I just deleted it and remapped it to f12 again. Should the screenshots go straight into the Steam screenshot folder?

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 05, 2011, 01:32:19 AM

Oh crap I didn't even noticed the New Vegas DLC was on sale.   That's a steal.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #170 on: July 05, 2011, 02:03:40 AM

For €14.99 (not counting the two DLC released so far), it seems the right time to purchase FVN: if I remember correctly, the game should have one or two more DLC by the time Christmas comes, so I'm expecting a sale of the basic game for about the same price, or maybe a couple Euro less, but not going down below ten bucks.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #171 on: July 05, 2011, 03:49:41 AM

Yep, I'd already checked it, and it was f12. I just deleted it and remapped it to f12 again. Should the screenshots go straight into the Steam screenshot folder?

The Steam Screenshot Manager should pop-up once you exit the game. It's got the publish stuff.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #172 on: July 05, 2011, 04:34:09 AM

Still not working for some reason...

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #173 on: July 05, 2011, 06:35:07 AM

Picked up TW2 yesterday and played for about five hours. It satisfies an itch anyway. Loot's fun, crafting seems fun, magic system is fun, combat is less bad than Witcher 2. The voice acting and character animations are pretty  swamp poop, but the world is pretty. Seems like I'll get good value for being under $20.

Oh, and to all those that hated scaled leveling in Oblivion (myself included), this game gives you the opposite. "Oh look, there's a cave I was given a quest for at level two, lets see what's inside!" Followed by the loud sclurching sound of my body being cleaved in twain by the first swing from the monster just inside the cave.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: July 05, 2011, 07:15:55 AM

I concur that Warband is the version to get. F&S isn't actually newer anyway is my understanding, it just took forever to come out here.
Grr, wish I'd read this before hitting the purchase button...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2011  
Jump to: