Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef America S2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MasterChef America S2  (Read 7691 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: June 15, 2011, 05:39:39 PM

This is the thread where, if you're watching the show, we hate on Max.

Jesus.  Titty-fucking.  Christ.

If I had the power to crane kick that bitch into damnation across 6000 miles, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  It's pretty sad when Gordon Ramsey even refers to you as an arrogant trust-fund baby.

I've got money on the weirdo with the hats/aprons.

Discuss.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:28 PM

Was that the stuck up kid that said he only cooked with "high end" ingredients?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:32:54 PM

No he means the dude who's mom made him a good luck pumpkin hat and apron.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:46 PM

No I meant the Max kid.  I only saw bits and pieces of the show.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:46:59 AM

Yeah, that's the one.  Mob

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:05:29 PM

Yeah, Max is a little douchenozzle.  If they follow the Hell's Kitchen model, this will guarantee him a spot on the show until the very end, at which point we can rejoice in his defeat.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:56 PM

Yeah, Max is a little douchenozzle.  If they follow the Hell's Kitchen model, this will guarantee him a spot on the show until the very end, at which point we can rejoice in his defeat.

yeah that's what I'm anticipating.  Unfortunately he's also douchier than the douchiest HK contestants I've seen to date.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 08:57:00 PM

Pretty much.  I do wonder, though, how much of it is just him being a spoiled, stupid kid, and how much is selective editing, or the producers flat out prompting him to act like as big of a douchebag as he can.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 10:01:41 AM

Considering there's a pretty big disclaimer on at the end of every show that the producers 'do' have a say in stays and goes, yeah, Max won't be going anywhere for a while..just like that skinny white chick they had on the last season of HK.

I totally believe that Max isn't acting nor being encouraged to be a douche.  The kind of douche that he's portraying isn't practiced, it's natural trust-fund ego bullshit that somehow has a brain attached to it.  That's shit is scary, yo.

Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:02 PM

That asian chick that Max hates is seriously just as annoying though.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:09:46 AM

In the elimination challenge, Max makes a dessert that the judges compare to rancid butt skin.  They send somebody else home instead.  My face the entire time:  Ohhhhh, I see.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:14 PM

Max at least tried to do something creative even if he failed spectacularly. Alejandra, the woman who pretty much just gave up on her dessert should've been up there instead of him.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 04:39:11 AM

Not the person I expected to be going home last night.  I missed the explaination for why and am puzzled, particularly since the blonde didn't hit the correct 'done' on her last 2 steaks.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:22 AM

Apparently her's tasted better.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 02:16:52 PM

In the elimination challenge, Max makes a dessert that the judges compare to rancid butt skin.  They send somebody else home instead.  My face the entire time:  Ohhhhh, I see.

I had never seen a group of contestants so sad at the loss of a competitor on any reality tv show.  I think all the girls were crying and even a couple of guys.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 04:09:43 PM

That was the chemistry of cooking guy, right?  I forget who's been going home when.

He was pegged from the beginning.  Even if he'd been the actual best chef, he was too far out there for Ramsay and the bald dickweed.  They're far too traditional to have put up with him much longer than he was there.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

Yes it was Alvin.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 04:22:41 PM

Thanks, I'm so terrible with names it's embarrassing.

I was bummed to see him go, too, but as I said he was pegged.  Showed off some neat stuff, though.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 08:07:01 PM

Caught up with watching the two episodes this week from my holiday.  I think the sad thing was to not only see Alvin go, but to also loose to Max as well.

Vengeance was had though in the second episode as Max once again let his ego try to dominate, and ended up loosing the elimination round to the sassy girl who probably would have punched Max in the throat if the cameras weren't rolling.

Of course, now that Max is gone....I've got nobody left to hate on the show  sad 

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 10:15:54 PM

Mousey sourpuss Esther is still around.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 12:26:38 AM

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't send both home.

As far as having someone to hate, there's always Suzy.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 04:29:00 AM

Only one episode this week.  The vegetarian challenge dishes looked decent.  Christian went ape-shit over Ramsey calling his dish the worst, and MC S1 winner Whitney made a cameo for pushing her new cookbook.

Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 06:15:46 PM

Christian looks like one of those caveman guys from the ?geico? commercials
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 06:36:41 PM

Still think the judges and the set-up do NOT GET IT. Talented home chefs are not looking to crack into the restaurant biz. Different reward structure. So get with that.

Thought Alvin got the bump because he basically exposed how much of Wylie Dufresne's cuisine can be bullshit gimmickry. Rubbed another man's rhubarb, basically.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 06:46:49 PM

Still think the judges and the set-up do NOT GET IT. Talented home chefs are not looking to crack into the restaurant biz. Different reward structure. So get with that.
Uh, the judges know that. The prize is cash not some sort of restaurant deal like in Hell's Kitchen. Look at last year's winner Whitney Miller. She's not a chef at a restaurant -- she's a cookbook writer (now).

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 06:51:31 PM

Eh, they "know" it but they really haven't adjusted any of the commentary or judging or evaluation to the incentive structure that motivates most talented home chefs. Really they need someone who isn't part of the restaurant world. Julia Child's big revolution was that she was teaching home chefs how to do classical French cuisine--she wasn't talking to restauranteurs, but to people who loved food. The whole show needs a rethink.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 02:31:35 AM

Eh, they "know" it but they really haven't adjusted any of the commentary or judging or evaluation to the incentive structure that motivates most talented home chefs. Really they need someone who isn't part of the restaurant world. Julia Child's big revolution was that she was teaching home chefs how to do classical French cuisine--she wasn't talking to restauranteurs, but to people who loved food. The whole show needs a rethink.

So you'd rather have this woman host it?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 06:54:47 AM

I wonder if that carrot/pumpkin cake thing was really that amazing or if they just felt bad because he was ...joyfully? crying. 

Suzy still annoys the snot out of me.  I like how she blamed Esther for the dessert (which was only lost by a small margin), but didn't thing about the fact that her gazpacho just wasn't good enough (64% vs her fail). 

I honestly kind of like drunken angry cook gal. 
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 07:02:21 AM

Drunken angry cook gal FTW  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 01:41:20 PM

She's my total fave.   Heart
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:34 PM

Series is still goin'...Ben Starr continues to flame his way to success, and Christian's an ass.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 01:54:32 PM

I knew I had watched too many of these shows when I knew *exactly* what the elimination dish was going to be based on the discription of "most difficult ever!".

And what idiot makes burgers for kids and puts mustard and a pickle on every one without giving them a choice? Had they dressed those to order, they would have won hands down on the side alone. (I love corn fritters - but I'm 40 - kids will take anything with a caramel sauce.)

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 02:22:59 PM

I knew I had watched too many of these shows when I knew *exactly* what the elimination dish was going to be based on the discription of "most difficult ever!".

And what idiot makes burgers for kids and puts mustard and a pickle on every one without giving them a choice? Had they dressed those to order, they would have won hands down on the side alone. (I love corn fritters - but I'm 40 - kids will take anything with a caramel sauce.)

Even some of the kids were smart enough to realize that the caramel was bullshit.  Christian may have some cooking skills, but his dickish nature stops him from being a good cook.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 04:25:29 AM

Series is still goin'...Ben Starr continues to flame his way to success, and Christian's an ass.

I was worried Ben was going home last night.  He makes the show enjoyable rather than just watchable.  If it comes down to Christian and anyone other than Ben I won't care enough to watch the finale.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 05:58:44 AM

Yea, that was pretty clearly a case of his dish sucking, but him sliding by on past performance.

How is it Ramsay can be so ridiculously hit and miss on shows with me? I enjoy this and I thought the British version of Kitchen Nightmares was brilliant. Can't stand Hells Kitchen or the US KN.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef America S2  
Jump to: