Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef America S2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MasterChef America S2  (Read 7682 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 06:12:32 AM

If you look real close at the large disclaimer at the end of the show, it clearly states that the judges get influenced on who stays and who goes by the show's producers.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 02:53:59 PM

Caught up on this weeks episodes...I don't know why I'm still watching.  Tracy and Ben Star got knocked off, so that leaves:

1) The short stuck up bitch swamp poop
2) The tall stuck up bitch swamp poop swamp poop
3) The man-bitch swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop
4) AAADRIEEEN!!!!!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 07:56:03 PM

Is it just me or was Tracy really attractive?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:29 PM

Not just you.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 02:30:47 PM

The product placement is blatant almost to the point of satire.   swamp poop

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 05:07:00 AM

The product placement is blatant almost to the point of satire.   swamp poop

I don't remember it being that bad last season, but yeah, it's pretty stupid.  At least it's not an entire product placement movie.

Saw Monday's episode...Adrian and tall-bitch vs. short-bitch and man-bitch.  Adrian and tall-bitch win.  Short-bitch and man-bitch face-off in making custard pies.  Even though short-bitch cooked better, man-bitch wins due to Fox wanting to keep series 'eventful' until the bitter end.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 06:49:27 PM

It came done to, "Do we honor the one that tastes better or the one that looks better?" lulz.

Really tho, if she's the one with all the experience baking pies and couldn't ace it... too bad, so sad. The pie from the long-haired dude looked damn good though.

I noticed a couple weeks ago, a woman was voted off and they sent her to get schooling with an open invite to work at any of their restaurants. I don't watch the show often, but do all the contestants get offered jobs with Ramsay and his crew? There's people there I wouldn't stand to be near for any amount of money.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:00 AM

It came done to, "Do we honor the one that tastes better or the one that looks better?" lulz.

Really tho, if she's the one with all the experience baking pies and couldn't ace it... too bad, so sad. The pie from the long-haired dude looked damn good though.

I noticed a couple weeks ago, a woman was voted off and they sent her to get schooling with an open invite to work at any of their restaurants. I don't watch the show often, but do all the contestants get offered jobs with Ramsay and his crew? There's people there I wouldn't stand to be near for any amount of money.

The last half dozen of contestants that left, yes, were offered by the judges to either swing by sometime and hang out or something something.  In Tracy's case, yeah, because of her situation, they gave her the classes on the house.

As for the season ending, tall-bitch beat out Adrian for the win.  If you listen, you can hear the gnashing of teeth from Christian and Max the entire episode  why so serious?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:49 AM

Srsly I'm glad she won.  Christian and Max really needed to be taken down a few notches.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 01:38:51 PM

I just read about one of Ramsay's Maze restaurants closing in Melbourne. I don't know much about this paper, but there's some wild stuff at the end of the article:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/--amazing-ramsays-kitchen-nightmare-20110819-1j2iq.html?from=age_sb

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 06:49:19 PM

That stuff at the end is apparently true, at least I've seen it reported in other places. Apparently his wife's father is a total asshole, she has basically disowned them, he embezzled money from their business, etc.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef America S2  
Jump to: