Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: lulzsec vs CCP: 1:0 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lulzsec vs CCP: 1:0  (Read 8764 times)
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

on: June 14, 2011, 01:44:23 PM

lulzsec apparently decided to derp around on the faces of various internet sites, amongst them eve online. One quick DDOS, and the game's down for hours.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:36 PM

because of Sony connection or derp?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:50 PM

One group of the Russian mafia attacking another group of the Russian mafia (CCP just caught in the crossfire).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:52:57 PM

What is lulzsec?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 06:00:11 PM

What is lulzsec?

"we a group gon take down your shit just for shits and giggles"

which they have done for the most part, though at one point I hear they had an opportunity to fucking sandblast the british national health service but instead only sent warnings like 'hey yer shit's all retarded and we got into it real easy like, JUST SO YOU KNOW  Ohhhhh, I see.'
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:27:14 PM

What is lulzsec?

The same group of hackers who were previously calling themselves Anonymous/AnonOps: Topiary, Tflow, Sabu, Kayla, Avunit and whoever else. Here's an article with good info and interesting links: http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2011/06/06/lulzsec-hackers-tied-to-anonymous-in-leaked-logs/

They seemed to rebrand as Lulz Security after an internal split. The @lulzsec Twitter account claims it's Topiary doing most of the writing. I'd bet he was behind most of the previous Anonymous press releases and Twitter statements, as they have ceased and they were similar sounding. Topiary apparently speaks with his own voice in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM

Judging by recent tweets, there was an article in Escapist magazine that pissed them off (presumably related to the Sony hacks). They took out Escapist, then took out the MMO companies related to whatever had pissed them off in the Escapist article.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:31:47 PM by Tale »
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:31:38 PM

I wonder if these guys realize they are putting themselves in the cross-hairs of the world intelligence services when they flaunt thier stuff like this?   One minute they are sitting fat and happy behind their keyboard, the next minute someone busts down their doors and they are doing the perp walk.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:35:00 PM

A comment in Tale's link reads:

Lulzsec, by Topiary’s own mouth, are: Topiary, Tflow, Sabu, Kayla and Avunit- same gang that did HBGary and got Topiary tossed in the clink once already. Lulzsec may be enjoying themselves today, but the lulz have an expiration date.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:07 PM

I wonder if these guys realize they are putting themselves in the cross-hairs of the world intelligence services when they flaunt thier stuff like this?   One minute they are sitting fat and happy behind their keyboard, the next minute someone busts down their doors and they are doing the perp walk.

Doesn't seem to stop them. They've broken into computer systems of an FBI affiliate, the US Senate and the UK's National Health Service.

Edit: And apart from Topiary, they're very careful. Quote below from an apparent interview with Kayla.

Each night she wipes every one of her web accounts and deletes every email in her inbox.  She has no physical hard drive and boots her computer from a microSD card. “I could hide this card anywhere or chew into a million pieces in a few seconds,” she says by e-mail. She keeps her operating system on a USB stick and uses a virtual machine (VM) to carry out her online shenanigans.

So paranoid is Kayla of being caught or hacked by others, that despite several requests she would not speak to me on Skype to verify an adolescent-sounding voice.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:04:30 PM by Tale »
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 12:37:44 AM

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 11:22:43 AM

Lulz comes with a price, I guess.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:23 AM

All we need to do is persuade them to keep going for another 2 or 3 months and I reckon the tech nerf will let us keep Deklein (I want us to move to Delve someone ask them to stop).

Also I'm downloading the Chinese Client I'm going to get my head kicked in repeatedly by yet more mega-alliances filled with unintelliigible posters.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:48 PM

Is this what happens without a clear purpose in life? You just start fucking with other people's shit.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 12:13:48 PM

Is this what happens without a clear purpose in life? You just start fucking with other people's shit.

Works well for gansters in RL  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 07:17:33 PM

Aaaaand lulzsec just nuked the CIA

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 07:21:02 PM

That's fucking scary.

Can they please find out:  who shot jfk, the truth behind area 51/roswell, if OBL and SH are really dead, and if we actually went to the moon
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:26 PM

That's fucking scary.

Can they please find out:  who shot jfk, the truth behind area 51/roswell, if OBL and SH are really dead, and if we actually went to the moon

Oh yeah...these guys have been all over the net in the last month...I'm surprised we're not on some kind of internet lockdown or some other kind of BS until they get these guys.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:28:45 PM

That's fucking scary.

Meh, the ddos is easy, as all you need is enough booted machines out there to take advantage of.

As for your other requests, pretty sure all but the OBL one are sitting on printed paper somewhere with no electronic footprints at all.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:07 AM

That's fucking scary.

Meh, the ddos is easy, as all you need is enough booted machines out there to take advantage of.

As for your other requests, pretty sure all but the OBL one are sitting on printed paper somewhere with no electronic footprints at all.
I thought that was what the vaults full of microfilm were for.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 04:14:23 AM

That is very unwise and likely to get them the kind of reaction they deserve.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 12:36:23 AM

Is being a video game nerd so mainstream now that we can mock others for not having purpose in life?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:59:44 AM

You can't camwhore for attention while being male.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: lulzsec vs CCP: 1:0  
Jump to: