Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Fortix - Nemesys Games - Steam/PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortix - Nemesys Games - Steam/PC  (Read 4626 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: June 13, 2011, 10:02:48 AM

Fortix is a fun little indie game that's all about puzzles and timing. The game has a free demo on Steam so if you want to try out the first 3 levels, you'll get a feel for what the gameplay is all about. Basically, you are a knight trying to capture an overhead view of a fortress by drawing out space around the castle. It's like that classic game where you try to contain the bouncing balls in the field by cornering them and fencing them in. The name of that escapes me. Anyway, the game is complicated by the fact that there are dragons flying around, towers shooting at you, dragons who chase you, bats who run along your end line to kill you, and of course fire-breathing black dragons. All of this combines with a time limit and capture points that help you defeat the towers with catapults, and powerups you can capture help you contain the dragons.

It's a simple but fun game that I recommend you try for a nice time-waster. Oh, and did I mention it's only $0.99? If you happen to get even one hour of fun out of the game, it's worth it, and you'll kick some money to the indie studio who made it. I certainly got my money's worth of fun.

Verdict: Buy it! If the $0.99 worries you, there's always the free demo.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:20:04 PM

It's Qix reskinned with a couple new things.  It's not bad for what it is.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:35 PM

Exactly. Plus it's got achievements and lands and it's a buck. A BUCK!  awesome, for real

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 01:09:13 AM

Sold.

I remember seeing it a short while ago, but I never pulled through on actually purchasing it, but fuck it, it's a buck.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 05:00:32 PM

It's Qix reskinned with a couple new things.  It's not bad for what it is.
If this was the advertising campaign, I'd have bought this a long time ago. Also, sold.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 07:54:42 AM

I like tgr's advertising slogan. "Fuck, it's a buck."

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:38:09 PM

I like tgr's advertising slogan. "Fuck, it's a buck."

If that doesn't sell it, nothing will!  awesome, for real

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 04:28:21 PM

Yeah, it worked on me. I reaf the BiiF, thought "ho hum" then being $1, and with that catchy slogan, I just bought it. Downloading now.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 06:50:48 AM

I want to bump this because they just game out with Fortix 2, now 5x as Fortixy as the last one.

It improves the original game in many ways. First, you can choose to replay levels by individual part instead of having to replay the entire thing to get a perfect rating. This is much better than having to slog through the parts you don't care about to get your achievements. Second, they added colored gates and keys, as well as new attackers like walking ogres, balistas that track you as you go around the map, bat caves that spawn bats only if you capture them, heat-seaker magic missiles, and anti-capture orbs that have to be destroyed by catapults before you can capture them. Lastly, they added the classic levels to the game so you don't need to buy the first one if this is your first fortix experience.

It's a simple game that you can play for 30m at a time and get things done. It also gets really difficult at the highest levels and comes with a lot of fun achievements. It goes on sale often, and I expect it to be discounted for the winter sales. If you see it for a $5 price tag it's certainly worth it. I've put in over 5 hours into the game and I'm just now getting to the impossible levels.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 10:28:12 AM

Say some guy I know (his name is Schild) has Gals Panic S in arcade form, should this guy pick up Fortix is he loves Qix variants?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 11:06:44 AM

Absolutely. Although I'd wait for the holiday sale because it will certainly be on that list.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Fortix - Nemesys Games - Steam/PC  
Jump to: