Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011/2012 F13 Yahoo! Fantasy Football League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011/2012 F13 Yahoo! Fantasy Football League  (Read 65129 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 04:27:26 PM

Cool thanks. Inviting a buddy then for the 11th spot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 11:30:25 AM

Remember, the regular Bat Country league's draft is tonight at 7 CDT. The JV league is Saturday at 3 pm CDT.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:54 AM

Probably won't make it to the draft.  I've got company and a 2 year old.  Yay.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 12:17:13 PM

I'm gonna be there. And I'm not making the mistake of drafting Randy Moss again.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:55 PM

This is severely pissing me off. Been trying to get the draft to load for 20 minutes now. Downloaded new version of Flash, new browsers, nothing seems to work. FUCK.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 05:02:56 PM

Yeah, it gets stuck at around 90% loading and then sits there for me.

Fantastic - autodraft team for me...

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:27 PM

Crap still at work.... hate to see my team of kickers and retired dl players.
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 05:35:08 PM

Finally got logged in but not fast enough to keep the autopicker from taking Chris Johnson.  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 05:43:32 PM

Well I guess I got the senior Manning so hopefully his head stays on.  Orton as backup so that's ok unless Tebow makes a comeback  why so serious?  I'm safe there I think. 
Rasix

Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 06:52:54 PM

2 kickers.. thank you autodraft.  Ohh god this team is bad. WTF, ELI.  NOOOOOOO.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 07:21:07 PM

And I forgot.

And I have the first pick. Holy fuck.  ACK!

Actually I don't hate this team. Could be worse.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:22:53 PM by Paelos »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 07:28:01 PM

Could be worse.

Yes, I hate my team and I drafted it.  It's going to be a long year.  

Most memorable moment of the draft: Right after I drafted Sydney Rice (I know... what was I thinking?).  Haemish, you never fail to disappoint.  I laughed my ass off at your comments. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:32:04 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 02:32:38 PM

I lost track of fantasy football this year.  Is there still room in the JV league?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 03:05:35 PM

Looks like we filled up unless someone wants to drop.  (DON'T EVERYONE DROP AT ONCE).

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:13 PM

Sooooooo maybe my #1 draft pick posted a fucking hamstring injury that will sideline him for weeks on Twitter.  Facepalm

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 11:08:59 PM

I think I'm not going to go after a big name RB in the first round this year.  They are just to unpredictable.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 07:44:00 AM

These days, with the preponderence of 2-back systems, there really aren't many guys to draft 1st round as RB. Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and Arians Foster are about it that I can think of. One of those just tweeted about his hamstring, one of those is a money-grubbing douche and one of those plays for the Chiefs.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:17 AM

These days, with the preponderence of 2-back systems, there really aren't many guys to draft 1st round as RB. Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and Arians Foster are about it that I can think of. One of those just tweeted about his hamstring, one of those is a money-grubbing douche and one of those plays for the Chiefs.

Not an Adrian Peterson fan, I 'm guessing. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:01 AM

We just did our work draft last night and everyone went RB nuts. Stewie had the seventh pick and got Rogers (who we both had planned to pick at #1), I got Rivers at #10 and since all the grade A RBs were gone, I picked up Calvin Johnson at #15 (I had him ranked as a top 8 pick).

Here is what I ended up with, so that anyone who wants can feel free to make fun of me:

QB    Rivers
WR    C Johnson
WR    W Welker
WR    S Rice
RB    S Green
RB    L Blount
TE    K Winslow
BN    J Cutler
BN    L Moore
BN    R Gronkowski
BN    M Bush
BN    D Carter
BN    B Tate

K     R Gould
D     Chicago

I figured that since I didn't get a top tier RB, I'd take a few young guys and see who might breakout.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:11 AM

Not an Adrian Peterson fan, I 'm guessing. 

Fuck, I always forget him. He's worth it if you can forgive his fumbles.

WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 09:47:36 AM

We just did our work draft last night and everyone went RB nuts. Stewie had the seventh pick and got Rogers (who we both had planned to pick at #1), I got Rivers at #10 and since all the grade A RBs were gone, I picked up Calvin Johnson at #15 (I had him ranked as a top 8 pick).

Here is what I ended up with, so that anyone who wants can feel free to make fun of me:

QB    Rivers
WR    C Johnson
WR    W Welker
WR    S Rice
RB    S Green
RB    L Blount
TE    K Winslow
BN    J Cutler
BN    L Moore
BN    R Gronkowski
BN    M Bush
BN    D Carter
BN    B Tate

K     R Gould
D     Chicago

I figured that since I didn't get a top tier RB, I'd take a few young guys and see who might breakout.

I like the Ben Tate pick. I was planning to get him in my drafts only to have him snatched up before I could justify a pick on him.

e- Chris Johnson just signed, so I can at least get a couple of carries out of him before he snaps a hammy due to lack of preseason work.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:50:48 AM by WayAbvPar »

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:24 PM

Recovering from Irene-related internet blackout to see my team for the first time.  Not too bummed.  I had a 150 player pre-rank all set.  I grabbed Gates too soon in hindsight, but I like that I got Brees in the first round instead of a starting RB gamble.

I have never played WoW.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 07:21:06 PM

Adrian Peterson has been Mr. Reliable in terms of fantasy points. Maybe not #1 every year but never a bust.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:46 AM

I feel pretty good about my team. But I've had that feeling before and it never seems to last past October.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 06:49:48 AM

QB    Rivers
WR    C Johnson
WR    W Welker
WR    S Rice
RB    S Green
RB    L Blount
TE    K Winslow
BN    J Cutler
BN    L Moore
BN    R Gronkowski
BN    M Bush
BN    D Carter
BN    B Tate

K     R Gould
D     Chicago

Rivers was my bread an butter last year, so if he's anything like the same this year, you will be thrilled.  Welker is a beast too, obviously.  Had Blount on my my, and he seemed to be okay, but I could never bring myself to start him.

But Sydney Rice?  You know who is going to be throwing to him this year?  No one, that's who.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 11:59:41 AM

I grabbed Moss on the off chance he signs somewhere.  Could just be BS chatter but the upside vs a player I will only use on a BYE week seems worth the slot.

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 12:16:07 PM

Jax just cut Gerrard and installed McCown as the starter.  awesome, for real

Rasix

Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 12:20:14 PM

ACK!  FEK, I have Jones-Drew (yay, MFing autodraft) in the JV league.  My teams this year are terrible.  I made a huge misstep in the JV draft once I actually took the reins.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 12:32:31 PM

Wait, what? What the fuck? Why would you do that? I could see it if they were installing Gabbert, QB of the FOOOO-CHURE! in his place, but you don't shitcan a guy with his experience a week before the season starts for Luke McCown. Garrard will never be an elite QB, but he protects the ball and generally doesn't lose you ball games. Shit, you keep him around for nothing more than mentoring the new kid.

Clownshoes.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 10:21:01 PM

So I decided to base my whole season on the ups and downs of Michael Vick.  I ranked him as number 1 and let autodraft do the rest.  Should be interesting.  Rest of the squad isn't terribly noteworthy, but I guess that's what I can expect when I draft a QB first.  Hakeem Nicks would be my primary receiver, and Matt Forte as my primary RB.  Old Baltimore defense should still put up pretty decent numbers.  Here's hoping Vick can manage 40 a game  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 08:45:15 AM

Nicks is gonna be a beast. Not sold on Forte though...his OL is ungood.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:19 PM

I seem to recall Forte being pretty solid in Fantasy last year (less good the year before, but still pretty good).  The good thing about him is that when they stop him running, he just catches passes instead.  IMO one of the best, if not THE best receiving RBs in the league, and maybe that improves now that Olsen is gone.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 06:56:01 AM

In a Martz offense, what Forte will lose because his O Line sucks and Martz doesn't like running ball, he will gain by being a pass catching machine.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 07:21:18 AM

In a Martz offense, what Forte will lose because his O Line sucks and Martz doesn't like running ball, he will gain by being a pass catching machine.

This.  Forte is an excellent option as a receiver and will get many chances for swing passes and play action in the red zone.

-  Mark Twain
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 02:07:52 PM

So Manning senior is gone for most of the season due to neck surgery.  This is because I am QB cancer.   I'm so happy I was able to retain that title so quickly, now we just need Orton to get hurt or benched and my legacy will be complete.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011/2012 F13 Yahoo! Fantasy Football League  
Jump to: