Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna  (Read 111704 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:23 AM

Have they implemented their version of ship spinning yet? I'll be damned if I resub until they do

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #491 on: August 24, 2011, 12:43:06 AM

They have, it's called character spinning now, and you can buy stuff in the NEX store so you'll look flabulous when doing so. awesome, for real

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: August 24, 2011, 02:10:48 AM

I wonder if I should send CCP an accounting of the games I have bought with the money that used to go towards EvE subs?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: August 24, 2011, 02:55:49 AM

As far as griefing them, that's an awesome way of doing it.

But, whichever GM is the recipient of your email or petition can grief you right back by releasing your account information (name, address) to the internets.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: August 24, 2011, 03:24:09 AM

Waitagoddamnminit.  Does all this bitching and moaning about getting stuck on sofas and coffee tables  mean your character can't jump?  ACK! What do they think this is? 1999? What the hell good is an avatar in a spaceship game if it can't jump around in it's closet like an over-caffeinated 4-year old driving a night elf? ? ?

Can't jump?  You poor stupid bastard, jumping isn't even something that one can conceive of yet.  Your character can't run.  Not so much as jog.  It's a slow amble in every direction.  If they can't handle jogging technology, weep tears of blood for anyone hoping for a jump.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: August 24, 2011, 04:09:18 AM

As far as griefing them, that's an awesome way of doing it.

But, whichever GM is the recipient of your email or petition can grief you right back by releasing your account information (name, address) to the internets.
And then you can have that GM fired in return for releasing information to the public he had no right in releasing. Or sue CCP, I dunno.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: August 24, 2011, 05:07:01 AM

Even if you could jump over the coffee table, the thing is so sluggish it would take several tries to get to the right spot.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:32 AM

But if you are right behind the couch and you click to sit on it you do pass through the couch, so there are some Vampire features in there.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:53:45 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:10 AM

They have, it's called character spinning now, and you can buy stuff in the NEX store so you'll look flabulous when doing so. awesome, for real
All there's in there is rather generic greyish stuff. Apart from the basic T-Shirts.

--edit: And if there's actually something worth looking at, it'll probably cost 10 PLEX.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: November 04, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

Holy shit, I only found out now that if you buy clothes, they'll only be available in the station you've left them. If you wandered to somewhere else, you can't change your outfit. You actually need to haul that shit in a ship. And if you get shot and killed, the stuff goes *poof*. What the fuck?! Especially at these prices!

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: November 04, 2011, 05:11:21 PM

That's hilarious, also so-Eve.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: November 04, 2011, 06:34:17 PM

It works a bit oddly (and I don't really care since the whole concept is silly) because even Eve, "pain is fun", people balked. I believe it stays with the character but doesn't follow on clone jumps. Get an irritating pop-up to that effect even though I own no clothing. So the idea is you should buy one outfit per clone, and only really be shipping it around if you are moving it to a market to sell.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: November 04, 2011, 08:08:48 PM

I want a walk in closet for my Abaddon! Second Life anyone?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: November 05, 2011, 03:08:30 AM

Holy shit, I only found out now that if you buy clothes, they'll only be available in the station you've left them. If you wandered to somewhere else, you can't change your outfit. You actually need to haul that shit in a ship. And if you get shot and killed, the stuff goes *poof*. What the fuck?! Especially at these prices!

This is no different to what happens if you blow a billion isk on a t3 ship or something.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: November 05, 2011, 03:10:25 AM

The one thing they do seem to have screwed up is that if your pod gets blown up clothing miraculously follows your mind through space and back to your new clone.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: November 05, 2011, 03:50:48 AM

It's automatically recreated when you dock, along with the captain's quarters.

I mean, have you seen the goop you swim in while flying in space? That is literally hell on clothes.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: November 05, 2011, 05:13:44 AM

Can you purchase these clothes with ISK? I thought they were RMT only.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: November 05, 2011, 05:34:13 AM

I think you generate them with aurum, but you can sell them on with ISK.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: November 05, 2011, 06:52:05 AM

No idea what Aurum is & I don't see what any of this has to do with spaceships.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #509 on: November 05, 2011, 09:50:12 AM

Aurum is the currency that you get when you trade in a PLEX.  It literally means Gold.  Eve Gold.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: November 05, 2011, 10:06:25 AM

WTS EVE GOLD

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: November 05, 2011, 07:07:03 PM

This is no different to what happens if you blow a billion isk on a t3 ship or something.
Except all that can be achieved in-game. With the NEX stuff, you're paying real money, and a relative lot of it, just to get it potentially blown up. Since just playing the game and actually getting access to the NEX store both involves having a subscription, you can factor that monthly real money sink out of it.

It's stupid. If they want or are making me pay ten fucking bux for a pair of socks, they better be indestructible.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: November 05, 2011, 08:35:50 PM

In reality, people who buy clothes from the store do so to sell for isk, people who buy clothes to wear do so with isk.

Also this is eve, and ccp staff need to buy more pants.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: November 06, 2011, 06:04:57 AM

Game is popular. Game adds pants. Game is still popular, ergo pants are popular.

Except change pants with hats.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: November 06, 2011, 06:11:23 AM

Game is popular. Game adds pants. Game is still popular, ergo pants are popular.

Fify.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna  
Jump to: