Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna  (Read 111900 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #455 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:12 PM

And the zoom would be backwards from every other game in existence.

Ahh, so thats where Steve Jobs got the UI designer for OS X Lion.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #456 on: July 13, 2011, 03:04:38 PM

No I'm pretty sure only EvE could make targeting and movement so annoying that doing it with a CLI would be better than the mouse.
You are in a field of twisty little asteroids, all alike.
Guristas Imputor is here.
>
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: July 13, 2011, 03:14:45 PM

I was imagining something like.

You see 1 - Serpentis Frig, 2 - Serpentis Frig, 3 - Serpentis Cruiser,  4 - Serpentis Battleship
> lock 3 4
> ammo factionmulti
> fire 4
> drones 1

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: July 13, 2011, 03:24:08 PM

Sad thing is that probably is better than the Eve UI  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: July 13, 2011, 04:58:38 PM

Knowing CCP, more like...

You see 1 - Serpentis Frig, 2 - Serpentis Frig, 3 - Serpentis Cruiser,  4 - Serpentis Battleship

> using sensors
sensors> initialize
sensors> target 3
sensors> store
sensors> target 4
sensors> store
sensors> exit
> using rack
rack> select high
rack high> select slot 1
rack high slot 1> clear
rack high slot 1> select ammo faction multi
rack high slot 1> fire
rack high> exit
rack high> select slot 2
rack high slot 2> ...
rack high slot 7> exit
rack high> exit
rack> exit
> using bays
bays> select drones
bays drones> select drone 1
bays drones drone 1> release
bays drones drone 1> attack

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: July 13, 2011, 06:05:10 PM

Knowing CCP, more like...

You see 1 - Serpentis Frig, 2 - Serpentis Frig, 3 - Serpentis Cruiser,  4 - Serpentis Battleship

> using sensors
sensors> initialize
sensors> target 3
sensors> store
sensors> target 4
sensors> store
sensors> exit
> using rack
rack> select high
rack high> select slot 1
rack high slot 1> clear
rack high slot 1> select ammo faction multi
rack high slot 1> fire
rack high> exit
rack high> select slot 2
rack high slot 2> ...
rack high slot 7> exit
rack high> exit
rack> exit
> using bays
bays> select drones
bays drones> select drone 1
bays drones drone 1> release
bays drones drone 1> attack

Reading that made my eyeballs bleed.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: July 13, 2011, 08:21:03 PM

Welcome to Eve?
 awesome, for real
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: July 14, 2011, 02:45:55 AM

You guys forgot to put in the error messages.  And the UI wouldn't use fully-spelled-out words, try snsr, rk, by, and drns.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: July 14, 2011, 04:35:00 AM

Dust is out soon but, "CSM asked questions about the proposed design, and how EVE players would be able to interact with
DUST. The design of the link is still in the initial stages". I can't tell if they're lying or winging it. Surely that's one of the things that should be sketched out well before you go ahead with it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #464 on: July 14, 2011, 04:41:48 AM

Dust is out soon but, "CSM asked questions about the proposed design, and how EVE players would be able to interact with
DUST. The design of the link is still in the initial stages". I can't tell if they're lying or winging it. Surely that's one of the things that should be sketched out well before you go ahead with it.

My guess would be 'winging it' At the December summit it was clear that they had no overall vision document or design roadmap for Incarna and when I asked specifically about this kind of thing they seemed surprised that I would expect such a thing to exist. They reacted as though I'd asked if there were plans to include different varieties of cheese to the moon minerals table, it was a fundamental OCP.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:17 AM

It is painfully obvious that eve has never had any kind of roadmap for any feature beyond which entirely independent team is working on the current and next patch, doing whatever the fuck they like.

Senior CCP management appear to believe that having no plan and not requiring any development to consider expandability is the same thing as being "agile".

The whole thing is an amateur hour production and it is honestly pretty impressive that they haven't fucked up much more often.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:54 AM

Welcome to Eve?
 awesome, for real

Evidently CCP start as they mean continue - the eve.com homepage now asks eager pilots to "STEP FOOT INTO CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS" (my emphasis).

Facepalm

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:49 AM

Senior CCP management appear to believe that having no plan and not requiring any development to consider expandability is the same thing as being "agile".

Haha - I like it.

They are "agile" like a good slapstick physical comedian is agile - so all over the place and usually making a bloody mess.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: July 14, 2011, 06:40:47 AM

I'd asked if there were plans to include different varieties of cheese to the moon minerals table, it was a fundamental OCP.

That would be awesome. I can see the Brits massing to seize the Stilton moons while over in the next region TCF are defending the Camembert moons to their last ship.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #469 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:19 AM

I can't tell if they're lying or winging it. Surely that's one of the things that should be sketched out well before you go ahead with it.

See their WoD game still lacking the design doc after x years of sinking money in it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:26 AM

I remember when CCP was telling the RP community in eve ( a good friend of mine was deeply involved) and they were telling them they had plans for a coherent storiline and a storybook of ideas. Then a member of the Intersteller corrispondents got a look at it and it was a bunch of random ideas scribbled down without any kind of coherent storyline at all. granted this came out when he was thrown out of ISD for refusing to obey a member of BOB, so it might be slightly suspect as he was mightily pissed off at the corruption, but the fact indicate that CCP has never had any design document for anything at all. its not the CCP way.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:13 AM

It works somewhat with Eve because they borrowed the basis, space is relatively undemanding to represent and there's nothing remotely like it. I think they believe the same will happen again when they release a console shooter.

- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:43 AM

Well lets face it, there is nothing like an FPS on a console  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #473 on: July 14, 2011, 01:20:34 PM

Well lets face it, there is nothing like an FPS on a console  Ohhhhh, I see.
I could take a knife to the face, it'd be just as pleasant.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: July 14, 2011, 02:17:54 PM

I remember when CCP was telling the RP community in eve ( a good friend of mine was deeply involved) and they were telling them they had plans for a coherent storiline and a storybook of ideas. Then a member of the Intersteller corrispondents got a look at it and it was a bunch of random ideas scribbled down without any kind of coherent storyline at all. granted this came out when he was thrown out of ISD for refusing to obey a member of BOB, so it might be slightly suspect as he was mightily pissed off at the corruption, but the fact indicate that CCP has never had any design document for anything at all. its not the CCP way.

CCP basically never left the garage when it comes to game design.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:15 PM

Yea, I think some people at CCP take special delight in shafting the RP community.  No content at all for years so we craft a ton of it which they then lock down and destroy.  It got so bad I simply started ignoring big chunks of 'new' PF because the retconn was overpowering my brain.  We got the shaft on faction warfare too.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:24 PM

In this (official EVE forums) thread:  people complaining that CCP recently reduced the prices of the monocle and misc. virtual clothing items and are not giving the money back to those who rushed to buy them things on the first day.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: July 20, 2011, 02:03:16 PM

Looks like many of the shirts and skirts have dropped from the equivalent value of a faction fit command ship (measuring 243k m3 and carrying a crew of hundreds) to the about the cost of a faction fit heavy assault cruiser.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: July 20, 2011, 03:38:23 PM

In this (official EVE forums) thread:  people complaining that CCP recently reduced the prices of the monocle and misc. virtual clothing items and are not giving the money back to those who rushed to buy them things on the first day.

I just checked in game. Monocle is still 12,000 AUR.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: July 20, 2011, 04:55:43 PM

They're probably going to have to drop the prices at some point. Outside of trolling the number of people willing to give up months of game-time for a boring looking and barely visible cosmetic modification to a irrelevant part of the game has got to be fairly small.

- Simond
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: July 20, 2011, 06:14:02 PM

Yeah, I didn't verify the claims in that thread, I just summarized what the thread was about.  Why would I fact-check random whining/trolling threads?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: July 20, 2011, 08:49:15 PM

Entertainment?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: July 24, 2011, 10:05:34 AM

Ok I've finally downloaded the client (12 freaking hours) and I played around with the character generation. I actually was fairly impressed by that. It does seem to give a fairly decent amount of freedom in customising your "look" and the use of shadows on the face was very well done in my opinion. Wish it was a standalone ap so you could play around with it to be honest. The fact that your avatar was breathing all the time and kept moving his eyes was a pain in the ass though for capturing a good looking shot for your portrait.

Then of course I got to my cabin...

You have got to be kidding, right? They cant have risked their buisness and pissed off their playerbase for this. Its basicly a nothing. You walk around this dark room where you can hardly see anything, your avatar is bland as hell and moves like a zombie, and you can look out the window at your ship. Woohoo! The ONLY thing that impressed me is that poster on your wall showing events, like incursion stuff. I thought that was pretty cool. And the little hologram of your ship. As for the rest you must be joking.

And why the hell are those ugly monocles still the most expensive thing on the NEX board?

Anyway I undocked and flew about a bit but eve is still a terrible space game.

Hic sunt dracones.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: July 24, 2011, 01:45:30 PM

They cant have risked their buisness and pissed off their playerbase for this. Its basicly a nothing.

We're not the only ones who are terrible at this game. So are the designers.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: August 07, 2011, 08:07:38 AM

They seem to have given everyone 1000 AUR - which has about the same value as a tier 2 battleship, or to put it another way, almost enough for a pair of shoes.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: August 07, 2011, 08:27:18 AM

What I've heard (and this is probably fourth-hand) is they have milestones with their museum thing.  At the end of it we should have about 5400 AUR.  So enjoy your fleet of battleships.

I had a laugh when I went into the store and all they had was an ugly pair of boots at that price.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: August 07, 2011, 01:17:06 PM

This is going to flood the secondary market with Nex junk, creating a stock of cheap crap that will need to be eaten through before people start buying plex to convert to aur.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: August 07, 2011, 06:40:58 PM

The logic is sound on the basis of "The first hit is free", but they severely over-estimate the attraction I think. Cosmetic additions to your character can be fun but they're certainly not enough fun to justify the costs they seem to expect. Especially when there is no social space in which those additions are actually visible.

- Simond
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: August 21, 2011, 12:43:48 PM

How many people do work on Incarna content, anyway? Crappy mod teams can churn out the same quality at way faster rates. Why aren't the other race CQ's still not released? Why are there so few things in NEX?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: August 23, 2011, 01:27:32 PM

Waitagoddamnminit.  Does all this bitching and moaning about getting stuck on sofas and coffee tables  mean your character can't jump?  ACK! What do they think this is? 1999? What the hell good is an avatar in a spaceship game if it can't jump around in it's closet like an over-caffeinated 4-year old driving a night elf? ? ?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Summer Expansion - Incarna  
Jump to: