Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 3: Lost Legends of Eriador 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update 3: Lost Legends of Eriador  (Read 38419 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 05:51:30 PM

Whoa, patch notes.  One thing stuck out to me:

■Critial Success during relic forging now has a small chance to provide additional relics in addition to bonus shards.
■Three new Community Designed relics have been added to the melding panel!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 07:08:38 AM

Known Issues are up.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?387100-Known-Issues-Update-5-23-2011&p=5288236

Personal grievance: "With either DX10 or DX11 options enabled, players may notice a harsh shadow off in the distance that should not be there." This has been broken since Enedwaith shipped, and ruins nearly every screenshot vista in the most screenshot-friendly MMG ever released. I don't know who should be fixing this, but pretty please with sugar on it, could you schedule them some time for it?

EDIT: But more seriously, they still haven't fixed the disappearing raid boss.  swamp poop

Dol Guldur Tower
If a player has DX10 enabled Morskor, the Fell beast, may disappear sometimes even though he is always present.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:13:50 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 09:20:24 PM

New Summer Festival deeds discovered by someone with consumables left over from last year.

Seems that completing them gives you a skill to use consumable ability once per hour, indefinitely.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:13 AM

Sounds great.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 04:44:46 PM

The two new skirmishes are pretty difficult. Not impossible, and the challenge was a welcome surprise, but I wasn't expecting to die several times through the course of completing Attack at Dawn when I tried it the first time. One of the encounter bosses handed me my ass 3 times before I gave up on him - he kept healing himself and my level 45 captain just doesn't have enough interrupts to stop them all.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 07:44:14 PM

can you solo? or are they 2, 3, 5, 6 person scales?
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:11 AM

can you solo? or are they 2, 3, 5, 6 person scales?

Yes you can solo.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 01:38:29 PM

I had my ass handed to me several times on the Icy Crevasse before I gave up.  I like the overall design of the new skirmishes, but holy shit, my squishy hunter has trouble sometimes dealing with one elite, let alone two, especially in a skirmish with a zone effect that boosts everyone's damage up 50%.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

I got my ass handed to me in Icy Crevasse as well. The damage buff coupled with almost every trash mob being "Hale" made it so difficult that I have yet to complete that one.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 04:55:49 PM

I need to get around to trying these with my champion. What do you guys use for your skirmish buddy?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 07:25:56 AM

I need to get around to trying these with my champion. What do you guys use for your skirmish buddy?

With my captain I use a warrior and the herald that increases morale. The warrior puts out a respectable amount of damage and I spec for healing. It works pretty well in most situations.

I haven't run these new skirmishes on my champion yet (he's level 29) I run with an herbalist on him usually and that works well. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:33:57 AM by Ivanneth »
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:56 AM

My loremaster has been using a warrior, and I settled in at level-1 skirmishes being doable but kinda hard.  I might switch to the tanky-guy if they don't get easier (I'm level 34, I think).  I haven't died in one YET but it has been mighty close in about every other combat (my health/morale/whateveritscalled is ludicrously low).   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 10:51:28 AM

I ran both the new ones last night and they were definitely on the hard side, particularly the frost canyon one - I died twice on that one, but was able to finish. The only part that was a real issue was the counterattack groups, most of the other stuff I could avoid fighting more than one or two at a time. The other one was easy until the final fight, which was a little rough, I had to pop cooldowns on it which isn't normal for solo skirmishes. I use an herbalist. I don't think I could succeed with any of the other ones.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 02:52:09 PM

I use an herbalist for my Champion, and an archer for everyone else.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 3: Lost Legends of Eriador  
Jump to: