Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more dave - day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more dave - day 1  (Read 6635 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: May 09, 2011, 05:24:00 AM

Please have all matches played by 5/18.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 06:06:30 AM

Bah, this completely slipped my mind due to a busy weekend. Looks like you had a good even number, though.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:17 PM

Ingmar, I'm EST, let me know what times work for you.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:33:57 PM

Pacific time here, typically I get home around 7 my time/10 yours from work and am available til 1 am-ish.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos

Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:03:06 PM

Want to try 1030 est / 730 pst Friday?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:49:50 PM

That will probably work, sure.

Strazos

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 02:52:40 PM

Ooo, Actually something came up today so Friday does not work in all likelihood. Want to try at some point on Saturday? I can try to message you Friday night if I get free, but it will be very late if so.

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:08:36 PM

Whatever works, I'm busy most of the day Sunday.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26:56 PM

It's Snot A Toomah! triumph over the colourful Snottles, 3-0.

Snottles brought the flair early, but their ambitious passing strategy soon got them in trouble -- trouble only exacerbated by an enormous fireball smashing into 5 of their players, hospitalizing one and sending 2 more to the ground. Toomah! meanwhile pursued a diligent strategy of 3 die blocks and fouls, fouls, fouls, managing to KO 6 or 7 of the opponent snotlings on the first drive -- though this was as close as they ever got to forcing Snottles to start with less than eleven.

Meanwhile Snottles took the early casualty lead, badly hurting The Terminator and the Governator in short order -- but in the end they only scored a passel of Badly Hurts, while several of their members suffered more serious injuries.

Worse still I think it was a dead Snotling that got MVP for Gruntle, which just seems cruelly unfair when all is said and done -- but something I imagine we are going to see more often than not in this league.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:04:27 PM

If my MVP was a dead snot (I didn't check, pizza beckoned) it's gotta be a snot who died in a very stupid way, like on an unnecessary go-fer-it or snake-eyes-dodge or because i was choosing both-down (when it was that or push, admittedly to raise the chances one of us might get some extra SPP) -- one snot death got apothecarried, but I have no idea which.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I let those little snots down.
I hate them so much!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:06:16 PM by Gruntle »
Strazos

Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:59:53 PM

How the heck were you guys doing 3d blocks and fireballs?

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:12:21 PM

It is easy to get 3d blocks on snotlings, even with other snotlings, because of assists.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:12:46 PM

Low starting TV!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 10:19:29 PM

Yep, it only takes 2 assists to get a 3d block when it's 1 str vs. 1 str. And certain people (perhaps unwisely!) decided to start with 7 rerolls and 16 coach/cheerleaders.

But that's not what you should be afraid of. This is what you should be afraid of:

See you at the party, Snotlings.

For those too lazy to follow YouTube links, let me break it down for you in pictures.

--

Next up: Mighty Blow!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 11:49:08 PM

Minimum strength requirement ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 12:54:14 PM

Who is Carnifex? Whoever you are hit me up on Steam or in a PM here to schedule our match.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 08:00:01 PM

Oh my fucking God.

Mathematichy 3 - Pile of Snotlings 0

After the first game got screwed by ezrast's modem, we started again in sweltering heat. The Mathy snotlings must have been seriously juiced because they came out pounding. By the end of the first half, I had two snotlings left on the pitch, 5 in the box with casualties and the rest knocked out. And yet, I managed to keep him out of the end zone until the very last turn, when he rolled in for a touchdown... but wait! He had to go for it to make the TD and he failed the roll, knocking himself out and dropping the ball. My snotling promptly picked it up, made a perfect pass and the catcher got halfway up the pitch before the ref called time.

The second half got no better for me. Casualties, KO's, fumbles and the most incredible interception I've seen all turned into 3 touchdowns and the victory for ezrast. That was a horrible, horrible game full of broken bones and permanent injuries. How no one died is beyond me. Oh and I inflicted exactly 2 casualties the whole game and my MVP misses the next game with an injury. Fuckers.

EDIT: I tried to submit the match, but the BB Manager couldn't find the league.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 08:11:33 PM

BB Manager is timing out on me, I will try again to create the league later.  In the meantime, you can just mail me the replay (you should have the address).
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12:35 PM

In an act that will be a black mark on my credibility forever, my internet connection died after my team sustained four casualties and then came back within seconds of the game timing out. It was a shame, because that game could have been interesting - I was down players but still had a wizard, a bribe, and possession of the ball.

Instead, in the game we got the dice simply fucked Haemish over pretty much every single turn. I wasn't watching the clock for the first half so I ended up having to GFI to score, and failing, but by the second half his team was in shambles enough, and my dice hax effective enough, that I didn't have too much trouble running through his offensive line for a touchdown. Three times.

Oh, yeah, and the one time I intercept the ball is in the snotling league. Go Charles Cabbage.

Replay mailed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:21:37 PM by ezrast »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 08:22:59 PM

Y'all are making me pretty envious.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 02:14:25 PM

A jaw dropping display of precision passing, beautifully executed blocks and clinical brutality characterised an entirely different game to the one that Carnifex and I just played. I kicked to him and he promptly returned the favour by killing one of the eager young snotlings on the line of scrimmage. Luckily my apothecary found some bits lying around that were probably originally part of that player and bent him back into some sort of shape. A big fight ensued around the centre of the pitch and Snotlings from both sides were carted off turn after turn. Carnifex broke through with the ball carrier and made a desperate dash for the line only to fail a GfI roll right on the endzone. The ball stayed in bounds and I was able to get two players down to mark both his stunned runner and the loose ball. Carnifex made a three dice blitz to clear some space and, after burning a reroll ended up with a both down result and a tuyrnover. I was left with two players marking the ball so I took full advantage by picking it up and hurling it downfield to a gaggle of my Snotlings who had just ganged up on a random Pirate. Amazingly, not only was the pass on target (6+) but the Snotling at the other end managed to catch it. After a bit of conferring, the crowd of Snotlings decided to run down the pitch together. This plan came to a screeching halt when they decided that fighting was more fun that running and the Snotling with the ball went down. On the last turn of the game, the same Snotling picked himself up, dusted himself off and pulled off an amazing series of dodges, picked up the ball in a hostile tackle zone, dodged again and made two GfI rolls to score right on the whistle.

Second half went much the same as the first to begin with. A big fight erupted, more Snotlings were carted off missing vital pieces of anatomy and the ball hovered somewhere just behind the line of scrimmage. Again I threw the ball downfield to try and keep my slim lead intact and this time the throw was off target. Luckily however it bounced right into the arms of the original target who was so surprised that he forgot to run forwards with it. He was promptly piled on by the Pirates and ended up Badly Hurt in the ensuing melee. The Pirates however couldn't capitalise on this success and managed to fumble the pick up. I pushed hi players away, grabbed the ball and scored again with two turns to go. With that there was nothing else to do but simply mosh for the sake of it and another of my Snotlings had his career cruelly cut short by dint of being dead. This time the Apothecary had no idea whioch bits were supposed to go where and he remained dead.

Final score 2-0 to me with 5 injuries apiece.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 06:16:32 PM

2-0 Out, Damned Snot! over The Little Snots. I don't know what to say about this game at all, other than snotlings are hilarious. All the sidestepping really slows things down though.

Strazos

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:23 PM

We each had a lot of injuries and such, but Ingmar's dice carried the day when he needed them. It also seems like marking with these guys is hilariously pointless. At one point I had a decent numbers advantage, but my dice did not allow me to do anything productive with it.

Fear the Backstab!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 06:47:10 PM

Yeah, until some teams start racking up the Diving Tackle or (heaven forbid!) Tackle, every dodge in the league has a 97% chance of success. Marking with Snotlings is more about spreading the maximum coverage over the field, since stacking Titchy tackle zones has no effect. If they have to dodge four times their odds of success become somewhat more questionable.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:24 PM

Are we on day 2? I think we're on day 2! Excitement.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 11:48:54 AM

We are, I need to make a day 2 post and stuffs.  Will do that later tonight.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more dave - day 1  
Jump to: