Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie playoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie playoffs  (Read 4575 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: April 15, 2011, 05:20:54 AM

Megrim v Lamaros - undead against orc
Avaia v strazos - nurgle against dwarf

Looks to be a bashy end of the season.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:32:06 PM by avaia »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:49:58 AM

We are playing the semis within original groups?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:50 AM

I was wondering, shouldn't it be cross-divisional? Or am I missing something.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:18:04 AM

Semis within the same groups, correct.  Stated this in an earlier thread.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 08:56:11 AM

Actually, it's avaia v strazos. I did not make the playoffs.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:12:58 AM

Actually, it's avaia v strazos. I did not make the playoffs.

Err, right.  Had the race correct, just not the coach.  swamp poop
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

Noooo, I lost to those blasted Nurgle in the regular season.  undecided

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:46:58 AM

Going away for the weekend, Thursday night to Tuesday, so it would be great if we could get this done before then. If you see me on steam send me a msg, will probably be able to do it then if I'm online.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:21 PM

Underworld Dreams 1 - 0 Alphabet

Well, he DID kill a Ghoul this time.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:41:38 PM

I did! One!

Plus he got a mummy knocked out when he failed a block on me.

Should have gone to overtime. I play orcs badly. Can't injure much, can't score, can't stop them scoring. Tried to stall so I could try and kill more ghouls but had it bite me when he dodged through from prone to get defender down, with a spill to the crowd, and with a crowd throw out of reach of me scoring again.

This season has been the season of me getting stuffed by unlikely last ditch plays, it seems.

Megrim rolls on, undefeated still!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:43:37 PM by lamaros »
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:31 PM

strazos and I got in the last semifinal match tonight, and it lasted for... 32 turns.  

Dwarf team got the opening kickoff, rolled over a few people with the deathroller, and nearly scored late in the half.  Pestigor had a fortunate tackle on the ball carrier deep in their half to save the TD, and we went into the half scoreless.

Nurgle team did mostly the same as the swarves, hanging around midfield for a good chunk of the half while the teams merely knocked each other over, with very few stuns at all, and nothing worse.  Around turn 13 or 14, the goat tried to make a throw to an open rotter to score, but the rotter couldn't bring in the catch.  After dicking around with the ball for a while, the dwarves took possession and started to plod down the field.  Nurgle beast was exceptionally stupid today, having a hard time doing anything at all when needed (at least until later).  Eventually, a goat again jarred the ball loose from the BC, and that's when things started to get ugly.  Goat picked up the ball, tried to dodge out to some heroics, and ended up knocking himself out on the failed dodge.  The next SEVERAL turns consisted of more pushing around, with a rotter kicking the ball around as he tried to pick it up.  Looking at the stats in BBM, Chewie, the rotter in question, was 0/4 on pickups.  Chewie was formerly an elf, apparently that didn't carry over too well for Papa Nurgle.  ANYWAY...

I had the ball pretty well covered with disturbing presence, 3 warriors around the ball.  The beast woke up long enough to hold 3 dwarves hostage for the majority of OT, and eventually the goat that had been hanging out with the beast came over to show the rotter how to pick up a ball.  He made a horizontal sprint across the pitch over the next couple of turns, and the dwarves could only manage to push him around, eventually failing a key block that opened up a lane to break for the goal on turn 31.  Dwarf was able to cover him the same turn by making 2 GFIs to end up next to him, but the pestigor blitzed his way free to score.

1-0, Nurgle.  Nurgle and undead in the finals.

Strazos did get a KO on the first turn, and a casualty in turn 2 or 3 (regen roll success), but other than that, I'm not sure there was anything more than one or two KOs.  Checking BBM again, 2 KOs.  So out of 116 armor rolls, that's it.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:43:42 PM by avaia »
Strazos

Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 08:59:29 PM

I had some straight-up EPIC dodges away from the beast, but it was for naught. The stronger Nurgle were simply able to withstand my attacks and outlast me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 10:26:56 PM

Haha, facing Disturbing Presence without 4ag is going to be so much fun. Let me know when you are around Mr. Avaia, we can get this wrapped up.

Strazos

Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:24:13 AM

Just don't drop the ball.  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:36:45 PM

Nurgle (avaia) and Undead (megrim) kicked off tonight for the final game.  Final was 2-1, Nurgle in 20 turns.  I pulled off a lucky score at the end of the first half with some good work by rotters picking up, handing off, and passing.  Second half, got a bit cocky and got abused by ghouls after getting the kickoff.  Megrim scored in turn 12, I think, and turn 16 ended with my ball carrier just over midfield.  A big turn around turn 18, when suddenly the undead's armor broke all over the place and ghouls were getting KO'd left and right.  Scored on turn 20, a riot kept things interesting by turning back the clock for a chance at an undead score, but as it was most of the night, the dice were not willing for megrim.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 11:08:23 AM

Fucking nurgle.

When's next season?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie playoffs  
Jump to: