Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  (Read 38330 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 10:05:49 AM

If they are still coming down from the emotions of game 7 the same way I am, then yea, expect them to be pretty flat.
I'm not quite sure about Luongo right now. He played great in the first couple games, then fell apart. Game 7, the Canucks carried most of the play, so it wasn't like he had to win them those games, he just had to play decently.

How many glove saves did he bobble off of the edge of his traper in game 7?  swamp poop

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:15 AM

Exactly. People have been speculating about a left arm/shoulder issue that might be slowing down or impairing the movement of his glove hand. It could actually be detached and flopping around on the ice independently and AV wouldn't mention it in his PCs  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 12:54:12 PM

Fleury looked great.  The rest of the team looked a lot like a team with 2 of the very best players in the league, and 1/3 of its salary cap, sitting in the pressbox.  I was thrilled to see them get as far as they did.

Yeah, they cannot pin loss (of game 7 or entire series) on him -- he played well enough for them to win the series -- when you go 1 for 36 on the PP and only put 2 goals in per game, it is amazing that the series went 7, or they were up 3-1 at one point.

My brother was bickering on FB how everytime Pens dumped the puck, forwards got interfered with… …to which I responded that it wouldn't make a difference if Pens got 3X the PP opportunities…

TB D-men (long reach/kept goal mouth clean too, handcuffed them) lots of shots, but most were easily swallowed up by Roloson who was good, but did not need to be that stellar… …Niskanen and Letestu suck, Kunitz & Kovalev were big busts, Neal needed to step game up, Conner flubbed a lot of great opportunities, Dupuis outlived his shelf life… …Staal, Letang played their hearts out…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:48 PM

6 on 4 for the last ~2 minutes of the game AT HOME and you can't generate a goal? I was sad. I really thought the Pens could afford to play without the kid and geno; I, however, was mistaken. Closed Melon with a game 7 loss, opened Consol with a game 7 loss...  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:45 PM

The fans at that game were a big bunch of fail - at least via the feed I had, that arena was SILENT the last 5 minutes of the game except for one short spurt. Way to get behind your team there, Pens fans.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:47:26 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 05:39:57 PM

The fans at that game were a big bunch of fail - at least via the feed I had, that arena was SILENT the last 5 minutes of the game except for one short spurt. Way to get behind your team there, Penns fans.  Ohhhhh, I see.

My guess is that they had no clue who was on the team without Sid and Geno.  why so serious? 

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 09:08:52 PM

How does Bruce Boudreau keep his job? I figured he would have been let go by lunch time today… …seriously, they almost let a Ranger squad that did not even merit a playoff bid back into the opening series, then just got steamrolled by the Lightning. After all the pundits, experts and high toted analysts crowed how the Capitals were going to smoke the Lightning. TB put on a clinic and I think Caps were just as feeble on special teams play as Pens were -- at least Pens had excuse that Gino and Sid were not suited up.

OTOH, TB 3rd line continued to shine -- 51 year old Downie, Bergenheim and Dominic Moore have been lighting the lamp equal and more consistent (TB #1 line only busted out 1 of the games v. Pit when Fleury lost his game and got toasted 8-2 or whatever it was) basis. Hedman play on D has been amazing and Eric Brewer, I never remember playing at the level he is -- I thought Ovechkin & Caps would be tougher test for them but instead, TB got the brooms out.

Canucks look like they're headed to conference finals. Would not count out Red Wings yet, though it appears  Sharks should prevail -- however, I would not be totally shocked if Detroit (or even Philly again) come back from 3-0.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Strazos

Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:28 PM

No way Philly is coming back from 3-0. Goaltending is absolute garbage this year, as is the play of most of the team right now - JVR, Giroux, and sometimes Briere are the only bright spots. The top 4 dmen are playing decent, but they're getting crap for support from some of the forwards - I'm looking at YOU, Kris Versteeg, trying to make moves even at your own damn blue line and getting stripped or wrecked every time; you're just not that damn good.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:24 AM

I am busily trying to grow a uterus so  I can bear Ryan Kesler's children.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:17 AM

Get your picks in for round 3/4 before conference finals start Saturday!

The f13 standings, after completion of round 2:

WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 10:22:06 AM

You guys are lucky I dropped Kesler after the first round!  swamp poop

Strazos

Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 11:21:38 PM

Flyers getting swept in ugly fashion really did a number on my score.  swamp poop

I went all-in with TB/VAN. Probably the wrong decision with TB, but I really don't want Boston getting to the Finals.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 01:15:30 PM

RECENT INJURIES & TRANSACTIONS
5/13   A. Bolduc, VAN, C   Called up from minor from Manitoba-AHL
D. Boogaard, NYR, LW   Deceased
R. Diaz, MON, D   Signed as Free Agent One-year contract
A. Volpatti, VAN, LW   Called up from minor from Manitoba-AHL

Stay classy, Yahoo.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 01:31:31 PM

RECENT INJURIES & TRANSACTIONS
5/13   A. Bolduc, VAN, C   Called up from minor from Manitoba-AHL
D. Boogaard, NYR, LW   Deceased
R. Diaz, MON, D   Signed as Free Agent One-year contract
A. Volpatti, VAN, LW   Called up from minor from Manitoba-AHL

Stay classy, Yahoo.

Yeesh, why the hell would they post that?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 02:16:37 PM

So people don't play a dead guy?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: May 18, 2011, 08:01:56 PM

Holy shit, Marleau drops the gloves with Bieksa. He is lucky to be alive. As is Shooty Sedin after that cheap shot by Ben Eager, cunt. Score on the PP and let's bury these turds.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:37 PM

Best part of the game last night = NSFW

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #52 on: May 19, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

I was watching CBC but was busy following the SA GDT on my phone and missed it live. Luckily the internet came through for me. I must say I have enjoyed all the Vancouver twins jokes today  awesome, for real

Strazos

Reply #53 on: May 19, 2011, 06:39:15 PM

Wow, and she didn't get instantly tossed?

Fear the Backstab!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #54 on: May 19, 2011, 06:49:52 PM

Wow, and she didn't get instantly tossed?

Yeah every dude was waiting to throw out a hot chick who flashed her cans.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos

Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 06:58:19 PM

When I go to games seemingly half of security is women.

At least she was nice, though. That all went out live?

Fear the Backstab!
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 07:43:36 PM

Shouldn't she be flashing her own team? Seems more supportive than heckling to show your tits.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Strazos

Reply #57 on: May 21, 2011, 08:54:21 PM

Perhaps she thought Ben Eager was hot?

Though, I would think it would be better to flash someone who is both hot and actually skilled.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #58 on: May 22, 2011, 10:56:43 PM

Though, I would think it would be better to flash someone who is both hot and actually skilled.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Do any such players actually exist, and do they currently play? Hockey is not ... the handsomest of the professional sports.

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos

Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 02:19:32 PM

Yes! And in the off-season, they go to their excellent dentists.

Fear the Backstab!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #60 on: May 23, 2011, 03:30:14 PM

Do any such players actually exist, and do they currently play? Hockey is not ... the handsomest of the professional sports.

WayAbvPar

Reply #61 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:33 PM

STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #62 on: May 25, 2011, 10:27:15 AM

By far the oddest goal I think I've ever seen, but I'll take it. It's weird how "unprepared" I was to cheer. Normally, you build up to the potential of a goal being scored, even if it's just seeing that pass made to the open guy, or seeing a guy walk the line and wind up. This one though, was just stunned silence followed by "um, shit - we won!!!". (and a little dread that a linesman was going to pipe up and say it hit the netting...)

WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:07 AM

Yeah I was like WTH? Then Burrows started celebrating and grabbed the puck and I was like yay. I guess? Very strange moment. Only weirder goal I have seen was at a WHL game where a puck was cleared down the boards on a PK...the goalie moved over to cut it off, and it hit a stanchion and deflected right into the open net. Saw that one live  awesome, for real

Strazos

Reply #64 on: May 25, 2011, 04:35:08 PM

Wow, what a bizarre goal, even worse than the 2010 Cup winner. swamp poop

Welp, go Canucks, go wreck you some Bruins/Bolts for me please.  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #65 on: May 27, 2011, 06:14:45 AM

Yay to possibly the stupidest schedule they could come up with for the finals.  swamp poop

Finals start on Wednesday, then run Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri, Mon, Wed.

So we get one Saturday game for game 2, and a 3 out of 4 chance that the final game will be a Monday or Wednesday.

Oh, and all those games start at 5:00 PST (which is understandable since there will be an east coast team), but since they are all mid week, its going to be utter havok for anyone who works a normal shift to try to get to the games in Van.

WayAbvPar

Reply #66 on: May 27, 2011, 08:54:22 AM

Yeah that schedule is fucking clownshoes. Should have been Wed/Sat/Tues/Thurs/Sat or something. One Saturday out of 7 games is criminally stupid.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 09:27:36 AM

Isn't the UFC event in Vancouver taking over the 2nd Saturday spot? I think that's why there's just the one.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 10:10:51 AM

So you are saying it is ok to move SuperTramp but not UFC?  awesome, for real

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:41 AM

Winnipeg gets a team back.

http://www.driveto13.com/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  
Jump to: