Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  (Read 37957 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #175 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:02 PM

Better goaltender wins the Cup. It just doesn't fail. Oh well.

Better luck next year Vancouver peeps.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #176 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:44 PM

I'm not sure if it was more a matter of Thomas being that good, or Vancouver coming up small.

Oh well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #177 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:44 PM

Thomas was good, Vancouver was average, and Luongo will have to move towns.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: June 15, 2011, 07:42:31 PM

Vancouver just gave up again.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #179 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:03 PM

Vancouver came up small.

And I still hate Gary Bettman and his fucking Napoleon complex.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Strazos

Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:43 PM

At least Boston was quick about getting to the handshake line - I remember Chicago taking what seemed like forever to get over themselves and shake hands so the Flyers could leave the ice.

Congrats I guess...now we can look forward to the draft and free agency, amirite?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #181 on: June 15, 2011, 08:04:05 PM

Yeah. That and Luongo walking away from Vancouver to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWgE0EVQ9c

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 15, 2011, 08:20:52 PM

Ahahahaha. That's all I have to say. If the hockey gods wont even permit us Leaf Fans one playoff game, then I'm glad they deprived Canucks fans of the cup. Luongo has to be the most overrated goalie currently playing.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #183 on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:40 PM

Canucks win 2-1 tonight. Calling it now.

This is when I knew the Bruins would win.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: June 15, 2011, 08:40:12 PM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #185 on: June 15, 2011, 08:44:51 PM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 15, 2011, 08:49:54 PM

The only word that I can think of to fit the Canucks losing: Lame.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #187 on: June 16, 2011, 10:15:29 AM

Way to set the city on fire, you hosers.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #188 on: June 16, 2011, 10:42:11 AM

Someone checking on WayAbv? Absent the whole page since the 7th game.  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #189 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:37 AM

My guess is he's in a ditch drunk and won't emerge until next Monday.

WayAbvPar

Reply #190 on: June 16, 2011, 11:19:40 AM

I am too numb to really contribute anything. What a gutless performance.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #191 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:28 AM

I'll buck the trend by actually standing up for them a bit. Luongo didn't make the miracle saves needed to win, but he didn't let in any beachballs like he did in game 6.
- first one went through six legs and off the post and in, Luongo never saw it
- wraparound, he was tangled with his own guy and still made the first save, it bounced in off of him after that
- breakaway (which was a result of a fluke bounce in the first place) was going in no matter what, with two bodies carrying it in to the net

They lost on three things in my book:
 - couldn't bury chances the whole series, just way too many open nets missed, shots fired wide, etc. Thomas was in their heads.
 - attrition. By game 7 we were down two top 6 forwards and two top 6 defense, and the guys we had were walking wounded. Boston had injuries too, but it appeared the 'nucks were in worse condition.
 - "let em play hockey" I don't want refs to decide the cup, but that game was 1970's level muck and grind hockey, which will always be an advantage to the bigger, slower team (Bruins). Call the damn game the same way all year.

Boston earned it fair and square. I have no issue with them. Congrats, we'll get you next year.

The league however gets a big fuck you for letting it turn in to 70's hockey.

The league gets a second fuck you for suspending a player based on the severity of an injury and not wanting to have to deal with the reprecussions of Boston going after him if they let him play again. That "severe concussion"? He was on a plane flying cross continent a few days later, and out skating with his team after a week.

Finally, the Boston fans get a big fuck you for acting like jackasses while Raymond was being taken off the ice with an injury. You want to bad mouth my team and city, go ahead - at least we had the class to be respectful when Horton got hurt.

Hey, it's Summer!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #192 on: June 16, 2011, 02:18:20 PM

awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:51 PM

awesome, for real

Shop.. everyone knows asians don't riot.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 16, 2011, 04:19:28 PM

I am too numb to really contribute anything. What a gutless performance.

Take a little solace in your win here:

2012 PREDICTION: MAPLE LEAFS WIN STANLEY CUP!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 16, 2011, 04:37:52 PM

2012 PREDICTION: MAPLE LEAFS WIN STANLEY CUP!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Flyers.  ACK!

Strazos

Reply #196 on: June 16, 2011, 04:38:40 PM

Hey, just you wait and see how it all pans out after we hang our hopes on yet another goaltender.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: June 16, 2011, 08:00:19 PM

I'll buck the trend by actually standing up for them a bit. Luongo didn't make the miracle saves needed to win, but he didn't let in any beachballs like he did in game 6.
- first one went through six legs and off the post and in, Luongo never saw it
- wraparound, he was tangled with his own guy and still made the first save, it bounced in off of him after that
- breakaway (which was a result of a fluke bounce in the first place) was going in no matter what, with two bodies carrying it in to the net

"Boston goals: Slot one-timer; Wraparound where goalie is run over; Push goalie into net on breakaway. This game is brought to you by NHL 94. Fourth goal will come when they go fivehole with the pass button from the red line."

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: June 17, 2011, 05:51:50 AM

Wanted the Canucks to win it, but I find it very hard to dislike this guy:

Once upon a time my favourite team had two supposedly elite defensemen, but they could only keep one.  The one they kept is out of the league (Wade Redden) the one they let go just captained his team to the Stanley Cup.   Heartbreak

Edit:  More riot pics.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

What kind of asshole goes to a riot but censors his sign?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:17:49 AM by Special J »
WayAbvPar

Reply #199 on: June 17, 2011, 08:57:52 AM

I used to like and respect TT. After watching him for 7 games, that is no longer the case. Cheap shots, shooting the puck into the Vancouver net during warmups, and general smugness. Fuck him.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: June 17, 2011, 09:03:40 AM

I used to like and respect TT. After watching him for 7 games, that is no longer the case. Cheap shots, shooting the puck into the Vancouver net during warmups, and general smugness. Fuck him.

For what it's worth, that shit seemed to work to get into the heads of the Canucks.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #201 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurteaH_UkU

Bit of NSFW language at the end. Mob trying to burn a truck, random guy has enough an tries to hold them off.

My new hero.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: June 17, 2011, 01:20:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurteaH_UkU

Bit of NSFW language at the end. Mob trying to burn a truck, random guy has enough an tries to hold them off.

My new hero.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #203 on: June 17, 2011, 02:16:14 PM

Did he just give him the John Wayne hook punch?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #204 on: June 17, 2011, 04:11:30 PM

I think I saw that on the cover of a Streetfighter game.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: June 17, 2011, 04:17:01 PM

I just said "fuck yea" a little too loud at work when I saw that picture.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #206 on: June 20, 2011, 06:14:13 AM

They had the same guy (in a non punching pose) on the cover of the Sunday paper this weekend. Nice to see them try puting the spotlight on the good guys of this mess.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  
Jump to: