Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  (Read 38361 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #140 on: June 13, 2011, 08:29:55 AM

Also, this made me ROFL-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 13, 2011, 08:43:41 AM

I think my biggest emotion will be relief, both at winning and finally getting rid of my goddamned playoff beard. I look fucking ridiculous. I keep forgetting about it and then catching a glimpse of myself in reflections.  ACK!
Please telll me you're at least shaving your neck.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #142 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:02 AM

Blasphemy! My goatee is now about three inches long, and has migrated down to about my adam's apple. The worst part is how patchy my beard grows on the sides, its about twice as thick on the left cheek as my right. Oh, and my mustache is long enough for me to curl up the ends now if I want.

I've also not been cutting my hair, just in case. I have friends insisting that I cut my hair the moment the playoffs end. It's just about five inches long now in the back, and a crazy wavy mess.

I'm not wierd or anything. Really.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #143 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:04 AM

I think my biggest emotion will be relief, both at winning and finally getting rid of my goddamned playoff beard. I look fucking ridiculous. I keep forgetting about it and then catching a glimpse of myself in reflections.  ACK!
Please telll me you're at least shaving your neck.

And anger the hockey gods? Surely you jest. Unlike Bunk, I am still cutting my hair. Well, shaving my head. If i had a head of hair when I started I would have let it grow though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #144 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:23 PM

Blasphemy! My goatee is now about three inches long, and has migrated down to about my adam's apple. The worst part is how patchy my beard grows on the sides, its about twice as thick on the left cheek as my right. Oh, and my mustache is long enough for me to curl up the ends now if I want.

I've also not been cutting my hair, just in case. I have friends insisting that I cut my hair the moment the playoffs end. It's just about five inches long now in the back, and a crazy wavy mess.

I'm not wierd or anything. Really.

So basically you look like your avatar.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #145 on: June 13, 2011, 01:55:52 PM

So basically you look like your avatar.

Yeah, I almost actually posted that.

WayAbvPar

Reply #146 on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:45 PM

Was supposed to be out of work 10 minutes ago, but got some last minute emergency stuff that is delaying me. Might end up listening to the first period on the radio  Heartbreak Nauseous and jittery as hell. ONE TIME, SPORTS GODS.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #147 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:24 PM

Please to be stepping on the Bruins' throats tonight, kthx!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #148 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:00 PM

Didn't take 5 minutes for Luongo to already botch it.

EDIT: And 7 minutes to REALLY screw it up. Take him out now.

EDIT #2: Too late, they didn't listen. 3-0 now in the first 9 minutes. Bad coaching, bad penalty, bad mental mistakes. See you in Game 7. This could get really ugly before it's over if the refs don't get involved.

EDIT #3: 4-0 in 10 minutes. Vancouver fans everywhere should turn off the TV now. At least that wasn't a bad goal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:39:15 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos

Reply #149 on: June 13, 2011, 05:42:00 PM

I sure as shit turned mine off... swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #150 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:09 PM

wow... I barely got espn radio on and it was 2 nothing. Now 4? Well, at least they still have two periods left

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #151 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

wow... I barely got espn radio on and it was 2 nothing. Now 4? Well, at least they still have two periods left

Won't matter. They look braindead. And Thomas has already made two saves standing on his head.

WayAbvPar

Reply #152 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:38 PM

Luongo is a 5 year old girl mentally. So soft. So sick of it.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: June 13, 2011, 06:56:45 PM

Good thing Vancouver had home ice advantage for the series…

Of course, anything can happen in a game 7 (not to rule out a game 6 miraculous comeback, but that appears highly improbable at this juncture)…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 13, 2011, 07:48:37 PM

I could not possibly be any happier with the result tonight.

"Fact: If you look up "absolute worst case scenario" in the dictionary, the book will fly out of your hand and beat Roberto Luongo top shelf."

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #155 on: June 15, 2011, 05:51:10 AM

It's called "drama"  awesome, for real

Oh, and congrats to Boychuk for figuring out how to hit a guy hard enough in to the boards to break his back, and have it labeled "a hockey play gone wrong".

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: June 15, 2011, 07:40:06 AM

Chara started that.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #157 on: June 15, 2011, 08:26:31 AM

It's called "drama"  awesome, for real

Oh, and congrats to Boychuk for figuring out how to hit a guy hard enough in to the boards to break his back, and have it labeled "a hockey play gone wrong".

I heard it on the radio when it happened...went back and watched my TiVo of the CBC broadcast to see how it happened. It seemed more like bad luck than anything else. MayRay was one of the few bright spots recently; this really sucks.

Oh and I will be pacing around my office all damned day. And maybe vomiting.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #158 on: June 15, 2011, 08:46:41 AM

The problem I had with it, was that Boychuk finished his check by riding Raymond in to the boards - while Raymond was in a vulnerable position. He wasn't pinning him to the boards to keep Raymond away from the puck, the puck had already been picked up by another Canuck twenty feet away and passed across the ice before they actually hit the boards.

They are calling it "bad luck" because Raymond was facing away from the boards. Had Raymond been facing towards the boards, it would have been an automatic ejection. But since you almost never see a player get hit while effectively touching his toes, nothing in the rule book covers it. Thus, it's not dirty, just unlucky - according to the league.

And now I will drop it, becuase I'm starting to sound like I'm whining and making excuses. If I were to do that I would bring up things like the Bruins now having two deffencemen still in the playoffs, even though they both severely injured other players with late hits.

Should be a hell of a game.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #159 on: June 15, 2011, 11:17:27 AM

Canucks win 2-1 tonight. Calling it now.

WayAbvPar

Reply #160 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:49 PM

God I hope so. As long as they are up 2-0 and Boston scores at 19:59 of the 3rd period, I might live to see the end of the game. I should probably stop for beer on the way home. And drink a couple on the way.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #161 on: June 15, 2011, 02:18:39 PM

I think it's going to OT 1-1 before the Nucks win it.

In the 3rd OT!  awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #162 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:40 PM

I'd like to see Vancouver win, but IMO the fact that they're winning close games but getting blown out in the losses doesn't bode well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #163 on: June 15, 2011, 02:26:41 PM

It's bad when I'm having to sit down at work and do yogic breathing exercises three hours before the game even starts.

GO CANUCKS

WayAbvPar

Reply #164 on: June 15, 2011, 02:35:24 PM

I was stuck in the car when game 6 started (had to drop a rush project off for work at Fed Ex- had planned to be home by then). I was getting so keyed up that I ran across the street from Fed Ex into a bar, saw the 4 goals, drank 3 beers, and left my credit card there (after paying my tab!). The beers calmed me down enough that I didn't drive off the road.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: June 15, 2011, 03:33:20 PM

It all hinges on Luongo and where his mind is at. You should be able to tell pretty quickly how the game is going to go.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #166 on: June 15, 2011, 03:34:40 PM

It all hinges on Luongo and where his mind is at. You should be able to tell pretty quickly how the game is going to go.

He is going to be solid at home.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:05 PM

Should we keep the paramedics on hold for our Vancouver friends?  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Strazos

Reply #168 on: June 15, 2011, 06:00:40 PM

So just tuned in during the first intermission...

I am not pleased, sirs.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #169 on: June 15, 2011, 06:31:26 PM

Canucks win 2-1 tonight. Calling it now.

NEXT!  why so serious?

Wait, that's not the Pens out there in black and white and gold? FFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Strazos

Reply #170 on: June 15, 2011, 06:41:44 PM

Wow, this game is descending into total Boston bullshit.  swamp poop

Crashing into the goalie is a legal way to score goals now?

Fuck, I am so sick of Boston sports. Even before the shorthanded goal it looked bad, with Thomas making lucky saves (or getting miraculous support).

Fear the Backstab!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: June 15, 2011, 06:44:40 PM

Don't be bitter.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 15, 2011, 07:09:33 PM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #173 on: June 15, 2011, 07:22:55 PM

Fuck it, stick a fork in these bitches.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Strazos

Reply #174 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:46 PM

Yeah, they're not generating enough chances, and not cashing in on the few they've had. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lord Stanley Brandy 2011 -- HNiC NHL Playoff Pool  
Jump to: