Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hanna 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hanna  (Read 4108 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: March 29, 2011, 06:31:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugireeCoYyU

Looks interesting. It might make my list.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:08 PM

Focus Features is like a box of chocolates. My old lady LOVES La Femme Nikita though, so we might do a double feature with Your Highness when they open together. I still think Eric Bana is cool so I'm down.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:22 PM

Just saw this.
I was extremely surprised.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:39:29 PM

Saw this over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend seeing it.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:25:47 AM

It was pretty dull in my opinion.  I wouldn't recommend wasting the cash on a movie ticket.  I'd wait for it to be on TV/Netflix.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 08:11:58 AM

My wife and I thought this was an interesting movie, but neither of us really think we'll want to see it more than once.  At least not for a while.

Strange movie.  But neat.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:13:58 PM

"Hanna" is a coming of age story for a young girl, mixed with music videos, Arayan sociopaths, sci-fi leanings, secret government agencies and fairy tale allusions.

It's an odd mix that looks good in some places but drags in lots of others. Hanna is a young girl trained in an isolated forest by her father (played by Eric Bana in his foreign accent-mode) to kill her mother's murderer, secret government agent Marissa (Kate Blanchett with an odd US accent and bright red hair). Most of the movie is a chase between Hanna, having escaped from a not-particularly practical secret government base, and Blanchett's agent and her German skinhead subcontractors. This doesn't stop the film from pretty much pausing any tension while Hanna learns about music and dancing.

It's hard to recommend "Hanna". The early scenes - particuarly where you see what she can do when she escapes - have a great deal of tension and impact, but this is all frittered away when Hanna hops onto Indie Family Stereotype #4's van tour of Morocco. There will be a number of times that you will go, "Why the hell did that happen?", particularly when it is clear that Hanna should have no problems in dealing with certain opponents but doesn't because The Narrative Says So.

I appreciated the Chief German Psycho though. He was icily-mezmerising whenever on screen.

Overall, "Hanna" is more style than substance and an art-house action film. It has a few good scenes and way too much filler.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:57 AM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:28 AM

Oops. Please merge.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:07:10 AM

The director also clearly thought the lead actress was so stunningly beautiful that he does alot of face shots on her.

I have never played WoW.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:10:41 PM

I think a lot of that was also to

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:47 AM

I think a lot of that was also to

In the first draft or two, that was made explicitly clear but they rewrote it so that it wasn't the case by the time they got to the shooting draft.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 12:43:22 PM

They basically beat you with that fact, but I didn't pick up on it from facial similarity.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hanna  
Jump to: