Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  (Read 125404 times)
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 31, 2011, 01:06:40 PM

I'm only level 28, so this is my build:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nrj.Ecd0tr0z.tu

Mainly using Shaman attacks (with a 2-hander of course), with Bolt of Radiance from Justicar as an opener/pulling instant spell, and I'll mix in a Justicar attack if I need to build conviction.

My level 50 build would be this:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nrj.Eed0trcVk.Eu0ooxco

So you get the self & group healing from attacks from Justicar, plus the great 2h weapon damage from Shaman. I like it. Thanks!
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:06 PM

That instant heal from 0-point Sentinel also comes in handy if you need a quick heal and don't have conviction built up.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:46 PM

You don't need the reactives at the top, since they go off even while you are under the global cooldown it might actually be more beneficial to put them after everything else.

Depends on the reactive I guess, but I'd want mine to go off ASAP which is why it's at the top of the stack.

Yeah, i rather have rising waterfall go off rather than anything else and it is only usable after an attack that gives an attack point and it gets canceled if you use a reactive in between so i much rather put them at the end.  Specially since most of them give you a 5-6 second window to use them.

I am the .00000001428%
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: April 01, 2011, 06:25:04 AM

I guess it's obvious but the key to using these macros effectively is to hit the key several times per global cooldown so that any available instants fire AND the highest priority available global cooldown action fires without missing a cycle.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: April 01, 2011, 07:41:23 AM

Yep. Prioritization is also important -- you'll want paragon follow-ups like rising waterfall to go off first (like Threash said), and you want to put your biggest/baddest/rarest conditionals (like bloodthirst) up top. My "spam macro" as a champion/paragon is something like this:

rising waterfall
bloodthirst
frenzied strike
turn the blade
inescapable fury
disruptive strike
path of the wind
debilitating strike <-- I should probably take this one out
power strike

This makes RW go off first, then the hard-hitting reactives (if I'm low on energy or sommat), then the AP builders. Disruptive Strike gives 2 APs and is on a 15-sec cooldown, so it goes first in the AP builder queue; after that, Path of the Wind increases crit on RW and is ranged (6-sec cooldown). Debilitating Strike is a debuff on a long-ish cooldown on its own, and Power Strike is the generic melee AP builder for champions.

I don't put bash and flinching strike in the macro, though... they're way too useful to use them as interrupts.

Same one for finishers:

deathblow
strike like iron
punishing blow

Deathblow only works if the target is low on hp (and if he is, you DEFINITELY want to use deathblow instead of any other finisher), and SLI is brutal now that it's been buffed and no longer on the GCD. I keep my last finisher (Titan's Strike) on its own button due to the stun + burst.

I find that the biggest issue with monster macros like this is running out of energy and/or not being able to generate APs reliably. A tradeoff for ease-of-play, I guess...

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: April 01, 2011, 09:49:21 AM

Regarding the Shaman/Justicar builds; here's mine that I had posted over in the Soul Opinions thread. Up to level 19 you focus on Justicar:
 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nra.V0z.Eu0ooc

You run Mien of Leadership to make yourself MUCH more durable, but as a consequence you take a 40% damage hit to non-Justicar skills, so don't use (or take anything that improves) the main skills of the Shaman tree. You're primarily going to be using Even Justice once you hit 19, and just pull 3-5 mobs every pull; the reactive from Shaman is still worth using since it's off the GCD. As you go forward, start pumping the Shaman tree exclusively now that you have the AoE. By 39 you should look like this:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nra.Eed00Mshk.Eu0ooc

Now you've got a 1.5m CD that makes everything crit for 7s, all your crits restore mana, 2 separate mana CDs, and 30% more damage whenever you crit. After that you can either finish out Justicar for more durability and a single-target stun, or drop 10 points in Druid for 5% more crit and some more AP.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: April 01, 2011, 11:24:56 AM

My "spam macro" as a champion/paragon is something like this

My hotbar set up is clearly a disaster -- I have one or two macros but none of them include more than 2 or 3 abilities except for my generic 'reactives' macro. Bloodlust gets its own key, since it's not really like other reactives and also because it initiates such a potent burst of damage. I have ranged attacks on a different key from regular ones as well.

I do find it valuable to have reactives on a different macro than GCD attacks, if only to keep a nice rhythm to play without button-mashing. This probably comes from playing Aion as my last MMO, since autoattack damage in Aion is much more significant and your abilities interrupt auto-attacks, making timing of abilities increasingly important. Though now that I have started using Rising Waterfall it makes my usual pattern of mixing non-GCDs in between the GCDs totally frustrating -- why RW (and, I assume, other follow-ups) works totally unlike similar Rogue abilities is beyond me.

I am curious, though -- how many times do you guys hit this macro per GCD, on average? Do you just kind of mash it in case of reactives, or what? It doesn't seem like it leads to very methodical play, but on the other hand having all my more situation-relevant abilities on more accessible keys would definitely help in that department.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: April 01, 2011, 12:17:47 PM

After I just score a kill I hit it 3-4 times a gcd at least, provided I can stick on my target; otherwise maybe once or twice a GCD. I keep an eye on the reactive bar for that. If I'm at range, I'll hit it every 4 seconds (due to path of the wind's cooldown).

I do have a lot of other stuff on my bar [at 38]: charge, cc breakers, hamstring, my two interrupts depending on which one is better to use, knockback, aoe fear, disarm, titan's strike, the two 'mark' skills, my two aoe skills, proper timing (the auto-crit champion skill), mount / consumables / etc, and of course the self buffs. I'll probably get 1-2 extra skills added to that on the way to 50, but it's not going to be anywhere near my cleric's 4 full hotbars-of-stuff. Everything is keybound, clicking is death (in pvp).

I'm still not sure what to think about ubermacros like this one.  On one hand it makes stuff a lot easier to handle; on the other hand you lose some complexity..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:19:24 PM by Zetor »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:21 PM

I'm still not sure what to think about ubermacros like this one.  On one hand it makes stuff a lot easier to handle; on the other hand you lose some complexity..

It's the trade-off between having control of your character and being able to watch combat instead of your cooldowns.  I think the use of macros really highlights the fact that you're not playing the game so much as managing your interface.  This is especially true for healers. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:38 PM

Compared to wow or aion were i had three full hot bars of abilities i used regularly and actually had to stop using some because i had no room for them i think i much prefer it this way.

I am the .00000001428%
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: April 01, 2011, 06:06:09 PM

Compared to wow or aion were i had three full hot bars of abilities i used regularly and actually had to stop using some because i had no room for them i think i much prefer it this way.

This is where I'm at in Rift WITH macros.  I've got several sets of keys that I use based on the circumstances, all grouped on the left side of my three bottom hotkey bars.  My bottom row - the natural numbers, holds the keys that I spend most of my time spamming - my closer, my primary melee AP-builder dots and debuffs, and my standard finisher. With a couple dots and a couple debuffing attacks that recycle on the global cooldown but last considerably longer, I can't put them all on one macro or only the first would ever fire.  So each has it's own macro that starts with my two reactives followed by my 8 second time bomb thingy (fires 8 secs after I put it on someone, with damage multiplied by the number of my other dots currently on the target) and ending with the unique dot or debuff attack for that key.  Also on this row are my situational attacks (stuns, interrupts and such).  I think the finisher has the macro on it, but definitely the situational attacks stand alone.

My second row has my few non-dot non-aoe ranged attacks, my aggro grabbers, and my other consumables.

My third row has all my AOE attacks including my contagion that makes my dots into aoes for a few seconds, plus my oh shit stuff like the AOE attack that heals me, lay hands, heal potion, etc.

My typical attack is mouse-click my shield toss, hit "1" to charge/close, then once I've closed, mash "2" repeateadly until I get an AP, then "3" until I get an AP, then "4" until I get an AP, then "5" until I get an AP, then back to "2",  with a "6" (my closer) tossed in any time and as long as I have 3 APs.  If there's more than two mobs I'll toss my AOE's into the mix but that will drain my stamina quickly whereas I can go almost indefinitely if I stick to the primary cycle. Sometimes if I pay enough attention I'll toss in the situational stuns and such where useful, but its really pretty hard to do that and keep up with positioning and watching that nothing is beating on my partner and managing the infection stuff and keeping an eye on my own health and just the simple mashing 2222-333-666-444-555-222-666 etc.

It was interesting figuring it all out, but its kinda overwhelming, boring and/or seriously fatiguing to do it now.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: April 03, 2011, 06:16:31 PM

Eh, I dunno, I don't find much interest in those multi-ability macros, personally my setup is using key abilities on Q, E, two mouse buttons, and 1,2,and 3 - and a shift version of each. That's 14 buttons within easy reach and I've always found that enough for all frequently used abilities. I like knowing exactly what I'm firing off at any given time.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: April 03, 2011, 06:55:14 PM

If you make the macro right you know what you are firing every time.

I am the .00000001428%
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: April 04, 2011, 03:38:26 PM

yeah, I actually know what will fire when I mash a key most of the time, and I don't have to hunt around the keyboard to select it.  In a few cases I really don't care like between my two same-but-different dots or which of my two must-use-in-5-seconds-or-lose reactives if both happen to go live during the same 0.2 seconds since my last keypress.  *shrug*  I've always preferred to be a precision player rather than one that just madly presses keys hoping something good happens, the macros just make that a bit easier for me in a system that otherwise truly overwhelms me with reasonable choices.  Now I'm marginally overwhelmed!  why so serious?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #154 on: April 04, 2011, 07:15:18 PM

I have one main macro, but I keep a sidebar open with the icons for the macro abilities in order from top to bottom.  It's a big macro, sometimes I need to know what's on the near future menu for asskicking.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #155 on: April 12, 2011, 07:40:15 AM

Anyone have an idea on contribution scores for zone invasions? I have yet to see a purple shard drop since the opening zone regardless what soul i am on (rogue) or whether I participate in 80% or 10%. I get that it should be a very rare drop, but I do wonder what it takes to even qualify...especially at the top level zones.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: April 12, 2011, 07:49:27 AM

They removed competition from the rift reward system.  Purple shards on the top level zones only drop from specific epic events, not the regular kill a boss ones.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:03 AM

They removed competition from the rift reward system.  Purple shards on the top level zones only drop from specific epic events, not the regular kill a boss ones.

I have not seen a purple shard from a zone event since I was level 15 and I've been level 50 for several weeks.  I'm starting to doubt their existence. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: April 12, 2011, 08:37:04 AM

I have not seen a purple shard from a zone event since I was level 15 and I've been level 50 for several weeks.  I'm starting to doubt their existence.  
The purple shards come from the big zone event. Can usually tell the difference from the small zone event because the sky of the entire zone turns dark. It also has more steps to complete than the smaller event. Unfortunately very rare are enough people in one zone to spawn the big event outside the starting zone. Freemarch has two big events. A death based one and a water based one. I have seen the death one I would guess about 12 times and the water one 4 times. By comparison have seen the big event twice in Stonefield, once in Scarlet Gorge, twice in Scarwod Reach, and once in Stillmoor. Only reason have seen the big events that many times is because we call them out in guild vent if not Freemarch.

edit: Is also frustrating that have to get 2 purple shards to be able to buy any armor. So have to participate twice in a very rare event.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:40:27 AM by Pendan »
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: April 12, 2011, 08:48:24 AM

I have a level 50 Cleric and I haven't seen a big event since Silverwood.  Not sure what the point is of all that gear restricted by purple shards when there's no way to get the purple shards.

Fake Edit:  I think I may have seen one in Gloamwood, but it was so long ago I nearly forgot about it until I was about to hit Post.

most often known as Drevik
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:54 AM

I have not seen a purple shard from a zone event since I was level 15 and I've been level 50 for several weeks.  I'm starting to doubt their existence.  
The purple shards come from the big zone event. Can usually tell the difference from the small zone event because the sky of the entire zone turns dark. It also has more steps to complete than the smaller event. Unfortunately very rare are enough people in one zone to spawn the big event outside the starting zone. Freemarch has two big events. A death based one and a water based one. I have seen the death one I would guess about 12 times and the water one 4 times. By comparison have seen the big event twice in Stonefield, once in Scarlet Gorge, twice in Scarwod Reach, and once in Stillmoor. Only reason have seen the big events that many times is because we call them out in guild vent if not Freemarch.

edit: Is also frustrating that have to get 2 purple shards to be able to buy any armor. So have to participate twice in a very rare event.

Half or more of the servers have very low populations too, regardless of what the shard thing says about population. There hasn't been a big large invasion on my server in a long time.
't

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: April 12, 2011, 09:01:57 AM

I've gotten like three top level purple shards when my guild has tried doing raid rifts during prime time, not from the raid rift but just from the increased population in the zone.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:18 AM

Also a problem is that on my server sometimes we will get a big event and fail it because not enough people are watching the wardstones.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:46 AM

I've gotten like three top level purple shards when my guild has tried doing raid rifts during prime time, not from the raid rift but just from the increased population in the zone.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for server transfers and/or consolidation.  

The Rift mechanic is really going to suffer as the game ages.  We're already seeing the population become skewed toward the endgame.  I'm finding myself getting impatient with faction dailies as there are too many people fighting for too few spawns.  On the other extreme, The level 20-40 zones are a ghost town.  

Also a problem is that on my server sometimes we will get a big event and fail it because not enough people are watching the wardstones.

I'd say the problem is that people don't know to or don't care to defend the wardstones.

-  Mark Twain
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:47 AM

I have a level 50 Cleric and I haven't seen a big event since Silverwood.  Not sure what the point is of all that gear restricted by purple shards when there's no way to get the purple shards.

Though I'm only level 32 this has been my experience too .. I'll check out what the planar vendor has for sale in a new zone, but never get a chance to buy the good stuff because I also haven't seen a major event since the starting zone.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: April 12, 2011, 12:13:30 PM

I'd say the problem is that people don't know to or don't care to defend the wardstones.
[/quote]

I have heard comment before that people won't defend the wardstones because they are worried about total contribution to the event and trying to clear rifts/boss for that elusive aforementioned purple shard.  After the initial invasion quest component (20/20 invasions) people are not interested in defending wardstones.

I mostly clear rifts and look for invasions in my gameplay and I haven't got a purple shard since sliverwood where I have like 10 of them.  I fucking loved full blown invasions in the beginning, but haven't seen anything like it since.  I see quest hubs (scarwood) with 10+ people not even interested in clearing a major rift 10 feet away.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: April 12, 2011, 12:15:23 PM

It's also due to the fact that if the invasions are on the other side of the zone as you there is almost no quick way to get there. If every wardstone camp had a portal it wouldn't be so bad but as it is even with a fast mount you're up for a log run, especially with mob density as it is.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: April 12, 2011, 04:15:31 PM

What I don't understand about the major invasions is why Trion has not simply modified the numbers required to spawn the invasion. They can't be unaware of the problem, and it seems like a pretty serious one with a pretty simple solution. I thought they were supposed to be able to like, hotfix changes to invasion numbers without even taking the servers down? But they can't figure out how to tweak the numbers to allow players to actually experience a significant portion of their game-selling content? It's just bizarre.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: April 12, 2011, 08:31:10 PM

What I don't understand about the major invasions is why Trion has not simply modified the numbers required to spawn the invasion. They can't be unaware of the problem, and it seems like a pretty serious one with a pretty simple solution. I thought they were supposed to be able to like, hotfix changes to invasion numbers without even taking the servers down? But they can't figure out how to tweak the numbers to allow players to actually experience a significant portion of their game-selling content? It's just bizarre.

Trion has somebody in a powerful decision-making position who is too easily blinded by The Vision they have in their head of how the game SHOULD work.  I have no clue who it is, I hope it's not Hartsmann but I really don't know. Most of the team seem able to get past their individual blind spots and allow their cherished pet ideas to be modified for the greater good, but every once in a while some glaring stupidity gets through, and it seems to me that this can only be evidence some relatively powerful person's ego getting in the way.  Trash mob density, the inability to EVER outrun ANY mob even if you're mounted, the running away debuff, and a lot of the odd automation decisions seem to fall into this category.

Also, as others have said, the few major events in the middle level zones mostly fail due to wardstones falling and that is entirely because Trion have the incentives all wrong.  They spam various mission objectives on your screen and the general knowledge/belief is that your best/only chance of getting a purple shard is to participate in as many of the spammed mission objectives as possible, so that is what people do.  Defend one wardstone against one attack, then off to the next mission objective, etc.  The players are doing EXACTLY what Trion is incentivizing them to do and until Trion changes something in either how the mission objectives work or how the rewards work, purples will continue to be outrageously rare and folks will give up on them (either by quitting in frustration or by ignoring that entire segment of the game).  Personally, I think they need to be tweaking the rewards calculations a whole lot more, such that spending an entire invasion defending against wave after wave of invaders attacking a wardstone counts just as much as chasing off all over the map for this and that objective. 

Which reminds me of another gripe.   Those waves of  invaders attacking remote wardstones apparently cheat in order to make the story progress the way it was scripted.  Has anyone ever been able to stun or otherwise interrupt one of those bastards summoning their own anchor thingy during one of those scripted events?  I haven't and I've tried a LOT.  Goddamn elites, often 5 or 6 waves worth, with zillions of hitpoints each just sit there and trash your wardstone or summon their own no matter what you do to them.  Kill their wardstone and they just summon it back again, ignoring you the whole time.  Bull fucking shit to that noise.  I quit bothering to defend wardstones right then and there once I figured out that was going on.

Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: April 12, 2011, 09:15:48 PM

Just got into Rift recently, toying with a mage (necro/warlock/archon) and cleric (Shaman/Justicar/druid).

A few questions if there's any kind souls with the answers to share :

1) Does the Neddra's Strength End buff stack with Archon Shared Vigor? Does the Tempered armor buff help pet toughness significantly? Does soul purge scale sufficiently at higher lvl in terms of damage / healing, or is chloromancer soul needed for pets to solo harder mobs? Will Vitality of Stone buff your pet significantly?

2) For melee clerics, most of the melee abilities are WPN dmg + x, like mortal/crusader strikes in Wow. Should I be using a staff with the Spell power stats, or should I be using 2h Maces without spell power? I noticed that 2h maces without spell power have significantly higher dps and damage range, similar to non caster weapons in Wow. 2h maces with spell power seems rare or at least uncommon.

3) Other than the Zam soul calculator, is there any webby on Rift to recommend?

Cheers and thanks in advance....
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: April 13, 2011, 08:09:39 AM

What I don't understand about the major invasions is why Trion has not simply modified the numbers required to spawn the invasion.

They did, but it wasn't enough in some cases.  On Stillmoor there is a zone wide (minor?) event every 20-30 minutes or so.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: April 13, 2011, 08:13:43 AM

Just got into Rift recently, toying with a mage (necro/warlock/archon) and cleric (Shaman/Justicar/druid).

A few questions if there's any kind souls with the answers to share :

1) Does the Neddra's Strength End buff stack with Archon Shared Vigor? Does the Tempered armor buff help pet toughness significantly? Does soul purge scale sufficiently at higher lvl in terms of damage / healing, or is chloromancer soul needed for pets to solo harder mobs? Will Vitality of Stone buff your pet significantly?

2) For melee clerics, most of the melee abilities are WPN dmg + x, like mortal/crusader strikes in Wow. Should I be using a staff with the Spell power stats, or should I be using 2h Maces without spell power? I noticed that 2h maces without spell power have significantly higher dps and damage range, similar to non caster weapons in Wow. 2h maces with spell power seems rare or at least uncommon.

3) Other than the Zam soul calculator, is there any webby on Rift to recommend?

Cheers and thanks in advance....

1)  Most buffs of the same stat type don't stack.  There are some isntances where they do, but it isn't often.  I don't think your case is that case though.

2) Melee Clerics get a spellpower/crit to attack power/melee crit conversion buff.  Stacking Wis and spell focus/crit is good.  However, dps is dps, so you if you find a better dps weapon while leveling you're probably better off using that.

There are some legacy weapons in the game still from when this worked a bit differently.

3)  Not sure what you're asking here.  You want a website for Rift?  (shameless plug) You can check out mine, see the sig.
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: April 13, 2011, 08:32:11 AM

1)  Most buffs of the same stat type don't stack.  There are some isntances where they do, but it isn't often.  I don't think your case is that case though.

2) Melee Clerics get a spellpower/crit to attack power/melee crit conversion buff.  Stacking Wis and spell focus/crit is good.  However, dps is dps, so you if you find a better dps weapon while leveling you're probably better off using that.

There are some legacy weapons in the game still from when this worked a bit differently.

3)  Not sure what you're asking here.  You want a website for Rift?  (shameless plug) You can check out mine, see the sig.

The first question was raised because the Archon class will be pretty much useless if they can't stack their buff as their main role is as buffer, and almost all their buffs have 1hour equivalents from other souls. Also I thought I saw in a warfront a mage's share vigor stack with my cleric's end buff. Not sure if that will work for the lock end buff, or whether it have to be a buff from a different player.

Second, I do know about the passive caster to melee stats conversion for melee cleric souls. And specifically because spell power is translated into attack, not using a staff is a huge loss. Have found some poster claiming that his parses indicate that melee abilities (yellow dmg) is normalized to dps with weapon speed being irrelevant. Will know the answer soon as I found a 2h mace (lvl 19) with spell power (3.8 speed) thats very comparable to the staff (level 18) my cleric is using (3.0 speed)- can test once I ding next and equipment the 2h mace.

Last - yea did come across Rift Junkies, was reading some of the guides there for inspiration to mixing and making my selection of souls and abilities.  smiley

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: April 13, 2011, 08:41:48 AM

Well Archons and Bards are different.  Some of their buffs don't stack but they offer better versions.  All raids have at least one of each.  However, they're not great for 5 man groups. 

I'm not into the warfront scene so I can't really help you there.

Weapon damage is normalized so weapon speed really means nothing so go by your weapons dps rating rather than actualy damage range numbers.  The only time weapon speed matters is when you have procs without internal cooldowns.  It's theorized, but could of changed, that Rogue poisons have a chance to proc on every swing, so the more swings the better.

So when choosing a weapon while leveling always pick the weapon with a higher dps rating if there is a significant upgrade, however if you have a weapon that has cleric stats, but slightly less dps, then go with the one with the better stats.

And thanks for visiting RJ. :)

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:55 AM

Shared Vigor and Neddra's Might do stack, I believe the theory a guildmate has was you could have 2 things of the same type if one was a 60m buff and one was a nontimed/aura. Like you can have the Beastmaster +dex bond and the BD +dex buff at the same time too (IIRC).

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  
Jump to: