Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  (Read 250732 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: April 16, 2011, 07:39:32 AM

The 25 quest limit is pretty silly.  I do like that I can track 10 at a time though.

On a similar rant: I hate that the stupid event quest pops up every time I log on.  I TURNED IT OFF YESTERDAY!

EDIT: Added Second rant: Apparently there is a 30k planarite limit that noone tells us about?

Yes, I ran into that yesterday.  But don't forget, there's a 15000 planarite ascended ability to buy, so go buy it when you get close to cap.

Once you've bought that, go to the Augments dealer in the main city (next to the Loom in Sanctum, don't know where in Meridian), and buy augments.  Then sell them on the AH or give them to guildies or use them to stay under cap.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #491 on: April 16, 2011, 09:21:07 AM

Ascended ability? Is it good for what? And where do you get it?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: April 16, 2011, 09:42:17 AM

It's a medic.  It works like a healer (to restore your soul and those of your raid mates) for 2 minutes.  It takes 3 charges to summon.

On another note, it's surprising to me how infrequently people use their "Bless Wardstone" ascended power (assuming they even know to buy it).  Considering how little planarite it costs and that it's available in Freemarch/Silverwood.  That one and the open rift from tear I use frequently - the others, hardly at all.

I don't know where Defiants pick it up - somewhere in Meridian.  Guardians buy it from the merchant just below the artifacts dealer in Sanctum.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #493 on: April 16, 2011, 10:40:49 AM

It's a medic.  It works like a healer (to restore your soul and those of your raid mates) for 2 minutes.

Aah, I see. Perfect for instances and raids I guess. Not really my thing. Hope they will put some new cool ascended powers with time.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: April 16, 2011, 11:13:49 AM

I got another 4+2slot sigil and some essences for my tank spec after hitting the cap the first time. After I hit the cap again, I bought the rescue medic and (more importantly) the elemental squirrels. 5k a pop and there's one for each element... that's one way to 'dump' excess planarite. awesome, for real

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: April 16, 2011, 12:26:57 PM

Yeah, I've bought 30000 planarite worth of squirrels, 22500 planarite worth of sigils, and 15000 on the medic power. Any more planarite I get is just going straight to master augment boxes. Not sure if they drop epic augments but the blue ones usually sell for at least a plat and the boxes are only 500 planarite.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: April 17, 2011, 04:37:31 PM

ignore the edited complaint!

trying to farm any kind of crafting materials is a kick in the balls though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:42:02 PM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: April 18, 2011, 10:08:55 AM

What do you mean, any kind of crafting materials?

I'm on a popular pvp server and thus far have had no problem farming cloth or hides, and often end up with a stack of each if I do dailies in Stillmoor and Shimmersand.  As for farming the new cores or rare mats, well, that's why they're rare.  I buy them from the AH when the price is reasonable.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: April 18, 2011, 11:11:24 AM

What do you mean, any kind of crafting materials?

I'm on a popular pvp server and thus far have had no problem farming cloth or hides, and often end up with a stack of each if I do dailies in Stillmoor and Shimmersand.  As for farming the new cores or rare mats, well, that's why they're rare.  I buy them from the AH when the price is reasonable.

Trying to do the crafting apothecary dailies which require mats from iron peak and constantly getting dismounted and mobbed by things 10 levels lower, such that it takes an hour or more just to get the plants I need.  Even without other players around, it's a needless time sink.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: April 18, 2011, 11:19:27 AM

Reading all these crafting dailies-related posts it really seems like I got off lucky picking Armorsmith and Outfitter as my main professions. Armorsmith dailies only require metal and Outfitters almost always only require leather, which made me wonder what people were going on about how dailies cost '2 plat' to finish. 16 carmintium sure don't cost 2 platinum, and soulbound hide practically falls from the sky.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: April 18, 2011, 02:02:07 PM

Depends on your server. On mine, 40-50g per carmintium isn't uncommon. So 2 plat isn't exactly an unheard of figure.

I'm with Lakov on this though. The alch (as well as the artificer one) daily sucks balls. I can farm a stack of carmintium in the time it takes to get about 15 sagebrush
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: April 18, 2011, 03:13:43 PM

In my opinion, running away should always be a valid tactical option. My experience in Rift has thus far been "If you don't win, you must die." You can't escape your pursuers, and once you start running the mob desnity just means you start kiting more and more mobs behind you. Rift basepop parties like it's 1999.

Yeah that's been a common complaint. Other areas aren't as dense, but then they get super-dense again. In some places you can pull a whole sub-zone with a single mob pull.

I think it's just a case of devs thinking they know their game better than the players. Of course they're going to want you to experience and see everything they did, and how dare you try to cheat around the lovely monsters, etc etc blah blah 1999 again.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: April 18, 2011, 04:27:03 PM

Trying to do the crafting apothecary dailies which require mats from iron peak and constantly getting dismounted and mobbed by things 10 levels lower, such that it takes an hour or more just to get the plants I need.  Even without other players around, it's a needless time sink.

Ahhh, yes.  From what I gather, apothecary dailies are practically impossible to do daily.  Trion has promised to fix that next patch.

I'm a butcher, outfitter, and runecrafter -- probably the easiest crafting dailies there are, I can get them done and delivered within 15 minutes.  I do the zone dailies most days, and don't sell my hides or cloth (I make boots to runebreak for mats which I then sell) so I always have good stock of what I need for dailies.  My mage alt is 29 now, and artificer, forager, and miner - so I have all the gathering covered (at least to level 29).

I'm surprised that Apothecary made it into the game in the state it's in - it's pretty fucked up.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:05 PM

Depends on your server. On mine, 40-50g per carmintium isn't uncommon. So 2 plat isn't exactly an unheard of figure.

Heh at that price is more like 8 plat.  2 plat is actually when they are selling cheap.

I am the .00000001428%
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #504 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:33 PM

Beginning to see why the mobs are so densely packed now that I'm leveling a rogue assassin...

When I played my mage, I had no choice but to kill my way through everything. The quests came smoothly, and I had no noticeable content gaps. Now as a stealther, I tend to kill what I need rather than every single critter - and I'm having to grind WFs to make up the XP gap to catch my levels up with the quest chains (finished all Scarwood having just dinged 33).

Ohhhhh, I see.

Good thing I enjoy warfronts!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #505 on: April 19, 2011, 05:37:43 AM

Beginning to see why the mobs are so densely packed now that I'm leveling a rogue assassin...

When I played my mage, I had no choice but to kill my way through everything. The quests came smoothly, and I had no noticeable content gaps. Now as a stealther, I tend to kill what I need rather than every single critter - and I'm having to grind WFs to make up the XP gap to catch my levels up with the quest chains (finished all Scarwood having just dinged 33).

Ohhhhh, I see.

Exactly why I was finding xp gaps between quest hubs. They mask that grind quite well... >.<

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: April 19, 2011, 06:42:45 AM

Heh at that price is more like 8 plat.  2 plat is actually when they are selling cheap.

Yeah, puts that 2 plat figure right into perspective of not being so bad. Though it did drop quite a bit over the last two days, so that is nice.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:43 AM

Fuck trying to get Pristine Distillate.

Gah.  I need that quest.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: April 19, 2011, 09:50:45 AM

x100

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #509 on: April 19, 2011, 11:56:17 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Yup, I did this too and hit big gaps where I was out of quests and had to grind.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: April 20, 2011, 07:17:54 AM

Gah.  I need that quest.

How do you get it?  Is it a drop from foraging, or do you get it when you do dailies, or when you make apothecary items or what?

I keep getting cloth and hide recipes that I don't need, since I've already gotten them.  They drop off mobs or from butchering. 

Did they have different development teams on different professions?  The inconsistency is glaring.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: April 20, 2011, 08:02:07 AM

Yup, I did this too and hit big gaps where I was out of quests and had to grind.

I don't get it.  I've leveled 3 toons to 50 now and have never had to grind mobs because of quest gaps.  Never.  I always have quests left over in Shimmer, IPP, and Stilmoor when I finish.  All I can guess is that you're missing some quest hubs by not exploring the zones a little.  Not every quest hub leads you to it.  Some you have to look a little to find.  I love this.  It helps the game feel less on rails.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:49 AM

Was one of them a stealther?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: April 20, 2011, 08:10:27 AM

Was one of them a stealther?

I see your point now that I scrolled up and read the post again.  I may have to try leveling one just to see. 

My question back to you would be: Do you have all of the quest completion achievements for each zone? 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:00 AM

My question back to you would be: Do you have all of the quest completion achievements for each zone? 

I believe so, yes - I certainly do for Scarwood. I'm pretty anal about picking up every quest I can find, and finishing story-lines (and as this is my second run-through, I know where to look for quests now). I was surprised at the amount of XP I'm obviously not getting when I don't have to kill everything.

I suspect the problem is mainly going to be around the Scarwood to Moonshade/Droughtlands transition as the content definitely picks up again in the 40s, but it was an irritation nonetheless.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: April 20, 2011, 08:46:36 AM

I agree completely.  There seems to be a content gap from 34 to 40 or so.  I imagine that stealthing to avoid trash really exacerbates the issue.

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:47 PM

Gah.  I need that quest.

How do you get it?  Is it a drop from foraging, or do you get it when you do dailies, or when you make apothecary items or what?

I keep getting cloth and hide recipes that I don't need, since I've already gotten them.  They drop off mobs or from butchering. 

Did they have different development teams on different professions?  The inconsistency is glaring.

It's a rare "drop" that you get from picking Twilight Bloom.  It gives you an item that starts a quest that bring you to the forager in Meridian who in turn gives you a quest to craft some shit.  Then you get a recipe for it as a reward.  The problem is it's fucking rare.  I have three fulls stacks of 50 Twilight Bloom.  Nothing yet.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: April 20, 2011, 01:47:34 PM

I agree completely.  There seems to be a content gap from 34 to 40 or so.  I imagine that stealthing to avoid trash really exacerbates the issue.

Yeah there is a big problem, and always has been in that level range.

Also mob experience is a very large portion of over all experience.  Essentially you don't want to stealth to quest objectives, just kill kill kill.  And do Rifts.  Lots of them.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: April 20, 2011, 02:23:14 PM

It's a rare "drop" that you get from picking Twilight Bloom.  It gives you an item that starts a quest that bring you to the forager in Meridian who in turn gives you a quest to craft some shit.  Then you get a recipe for it as a reward.  The problem is it's fucking rare.  I have three fulls stacks of 50 Twilight Bloom.  Nothing yet.

Yeah, the practical rarity of these sort of recipes tend to be way out of wack. Even if you assume that each quest drop has an equal chance of spawning per opportunity, the fact that cloth drops off all humanoid monsters without the need for a gathering skill or action makes the cloth quest recipes hundreds if not thousands of times more common. I gather methodically with a wide variety of alts and I have never seen any of the leather quest drops -- I'm also missing several metal ore recipes in the middle level range. Etc. etc. I didn't even know there were foraging equivalents, but then again I don't make a lot of potions.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: April 20, 2011, 04:33:13 PM

Is it an apothecary recipe or a forager recipe?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: April 20, 2011, 08:53:32 PM

Foraging.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: April 21, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

Ailion the Rogue Dev or Adam Gershowitz have zero idea on how to balance classes or at least rogues.  They're nerfing Bards again.

I need the biggest facepalm graphic ever.

Jesus fucking christ.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:34 AM

I know.  I love bards so much I solo with one.  I don't understand, what, are we still useful?  I guess every rogue should have a pig and a gun. 

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #523 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:53 AM

Fuck bards... no one like hippies, no matter how bad ass you try and make them.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: April 23, 2011, 01:16:55 PM

I've bought 30000 planarite worth of squirrels

That statement is awesome to someone who has no idea what you're talking about (like me).  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  
Jump to: