Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  (Read 250674 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:32 PM

Speaking of which - PVP at 50 is pretty terrible.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: March 28, 2011, 10:39:54 AM

Leveled a bard first so never noticed it, but the lack of dropped food and/or bandaids is really annoying. The lack of bandaids really makes no sense, it would give you something to use all the cloth you get.

Probably been mentioned, but the completely random stuff that can't be runebroken or salvaged, while mostly getting fixed is still annoying.

It's also annoying repeatedly getting quest starting items that can't be used due to faction or lack of a crafting profession.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: March 28, 2011, 11:06:27 AM

Raid windows appearing where ever they damn well please each time i join a warfront are getting annoying.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: March 28, 2011, 11:42:13 AM

Raid windows appearing where ever they damn well please each time i join a warfront are getting annoying.

Try anchoring them to something.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: March 28, 2011, 12:20:09 PM

Leveled a bard first so never noticed it, but the lack of dropped food and/or bandaids is really annoying. The lack of bandaids really makes no sense, it would give you something to use all the cloth you get.

Probably been mentioned, but the completely random stuff that can't be runebroken or salvaged, while mostly getting fixed is still annoying.

It's also annoying repeatedly getting quest starting items that can't be used due to faction or lack of a crafting profession.

Hate those common tailoring drops that cannot be sold. HATE.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: March 28, 2011, 12:23:55 PM

Even if you complete the quest they keep dropping.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: March 28, 2011, 01:46:17 PM

Even if you complete the quest they keep dropping.

This is a gripe of mine.  I delete about 5 of these per day at a minimum.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: March 29, 2011, 01:17:46 PM

Semi-gripe: how is a Justicar expected to gear up for T1 tanking? I've been looking through my options, and toughness for cleric tanks seems to be obtainable only in 5 ways outside of the dungeons themselves:
- quest in shimmersand giving a level 43ish green chain vest with +12 toughness ( awesome, for real )
- level 50 crafted chestpiece that takes a ton of rare mats and the recipe costs ultra-rare plaques to purchase (I'm guessing 100 plat, if it's on the AH at all - nobody on my server seems to have it)
- toughness chest armor rune (this is +15, +10 if used on the green vest above due to low level)
- two rare-ish drops (shoulder/boots) in CC/AP that give +13 toughness each
- going in T1 groups as a healer and soaking the (rare) chain tanking drops... assuming no justicar tank of course

Everyone seems to say that 50 toughness is an absolute minimum for tanking T1, so I don't think I can skimp out on it. Last option is the most realistic, but tbh I'm not too keen on jumping into healing T1s straight away as a new 50. Ah well!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:52 PM

Is the term "T1" some kind of WoW-speak?  I'm guessing it refers to the first tier of dungeons.  Do you mean the non-expert dungeons? 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: March 29, 2011, 01:44:35 PM

Is the term "T1" some kind of WoW-speak?  I'm guessing it refers to the first tier of dungeons.  Do you mean the non-expert dungeons?  

There are "heroic" dungeons in Rift called Experts.  These are larger versions of the normal dungeons that you find while leveling with more bosses.  There are two Tiers.  Tier 1 is for people who hit 50 and have mostly level 50 dungeon gear or quest gear (or are good players that do them in quest greens).  Then there are Tier 2 dungeons which expect players to have mostly T1 gear.

There are 5 in each Tier.

As for Justicar tanking gear, you're stuck with a shield and plaque gear.  Next week or so they are promising more items to drop from experts so fill the gaps (one big giant gap).

You can also get away with not having 50 toughness for T1.  It might hurt, and it might be a bit harder, but you can do it.  When my guild was hitting T1 the tanks didn't have 50 toughness.

T2 is a different story.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:46:26 PM by Draegan »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: March 29, 2011, 01:46:40 PM

Thanks Draegan.  I apologize for my ignorance.  I've leveled to death but still have yet to step foot in an instance.  Seems like I'm missing a good part of the game.

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: March 29, 2011, 01:49:25 PM

There are some amazing fun boss fights int he dungeons.  There are also some dungeons with an amazing amount of annoying snooze-worthy trash.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: March 29, 2011, 06:14:16 PM

Then there are Tier 2 dungeons which expect players to have mostly T1 gear.

This is the weakest sauce. When did this become standard in MMOs?

"Well the only way to make this fight challenging is to just scale up all the numbers and then introduce a special stat just for the purpose of allowing tanks to scale those numbers back down to a reasonable amount."

I am just extrapolating on guesswork based on what 'you need 50 Toughness' suggests about the mechanics, here, but feh. Tiered gear with only one set of gear in each tier per role and only obtainable by doing a single content set?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: March 29, 2011, 06:49:49 PM

Welcome to video games.  Content gets harder as you move on.

I'm raiding with a mishmash of T1, T2, and Plaque purchased gear.  You don't need to be decked out in T1 to do T2 etc.  Just above a certain threshold and it's not a hard line.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: March 29, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

The T2 dungeons really only require the tank to be geared, anyone else can just wing it.  The fights are about knowing the mechanics.

I am the .00000001428%
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:04 PM

I have a new gripe, complaint AND irritation all rolled into one.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?134394-Harvester-Keep-Eyes-open-for-Hackers!&s=30f6e5ec97ef90c4292abe3442cbc967

Short version is, some folks seem to be using a z-axis hack to get under the terrain and harvest ore nodes with impunity.  Like a level 7 mining in the highest level zones with stacks and stacks of ore up on the auction house.  And Trion is not talking about it and has not taken any action against the cheaters.

This is a game-breaker for me.  This does not appear to be happening on my server, yet.  First time I see it though, I'll be canceling.  This is roughly the equivalent of playing a shooter with folks using an aim-bot.  I will not pay money for that privilege.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
johnnymoore
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: March 30, 2011, 04:45:46 PM

My gripe. Trions brillant event is flooding the low level areas with high level players. There are level 50 characters fighting level 10 mobs.

That's tons of fun for the level 10 characters.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: March 30, 2011, 05:42:39 PM

Nothing new there, as a Defiant on Sunrest.  Always a bunch of 35+ players running around Freemarch, soloing rifts, which makes the already weak rewards weaker,  or farming crafting mats, etc.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: March 30, 2011, 06:08:33 PM

Nothing new there, as a Defiant on Sunrest.  Always a bunch of 35+ players running around Freemarch, soloing rifts, which makes the already weak rewards weaker,  or farming crafting mats, etc.

You don't compete with other people for rewards anymore.

I am the .00000001428%
johnnymoore
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: March 30, 2011, 06:59:49 PM

It's not about the rewards to me. It's about just playing the game.

In a DIKU mmo, Trion set up an event that pits level 50 characters against level 10 mobs in the newbie area. I just do not understand that.

And as a level 15 player, I can't even get a shot off. If I make it to the rift in time, which is a big if.  It's just not fun.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: March 31, 2011, 06:07:49 AM

Depends on how they implement it.  The problem isn't so much my dsp vs a lvl 50's dps, as it is that the level 50 can round up all the mobs, and aoe them down in one, or two shots, and still have time to get in some on the one mob I am fighting.

If the new system is simply show up, get reward, then, yeah, it's not going to matter.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: March 31, 2011, 06:22:35 AM

The patch notes make it sound like you're competing with yourself, however you have to contribute and if everything is dead you can't do that.

They need to make it so you can't get rewards for grey rifts as well.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:12 AM

Is there world event stuff for high levels that they're just ignoring in favor the noob stuff, or is it all level 10 shit? I've got work today so I'm not going to get to check things out until tonight or tomorrow.

Count Nerfedalot, I wouldn't hold your breath on that getting fixed; it's been a big issue in WoW since, well, forever. I'm not sure if they managed to fix it in Cata (I don't harvest anymore) but I know it was still prevalent in WotLK.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: March 31, 2011, 08:50:45 AM

Is there world event stuff for high levels that they're just ignoring in favor the noob stuff, or is it all level 10 shit? I've got work today so I'm not going to get to check things out until tonight or tomorrow.

Count Nerfedalot, I wouldn't hold your breath on that getting fixed; it's been a big issue in WoW since, well, forever. I'm not sure if they managed to fix it in Cata (I don't harvest anymore) but I know it was still prevalent in WotLK.

The invasions are all over the world in every zone.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:40 AM

You can do all of the same quests in the level 40-50 zones, but it requires you to port there and port back to turn things in.  I tend to wait for an invasion in Stillmoor because the planarite is much better.  For people that raced to the endgame and have no need for planarite, they may just find it faster to blow through a few rifts in the newbie zones.  

-  Mark Twain
johnnymoore
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: March 31, 2011, 08:59:14 AM

I don't have a character over level  18, so i can't confirm anything. But I was being told last night by high levels in Freemarch that death rifts were only opening in the low level zones. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:37 AM

Death rifts open in stillmoor and gloamwood, i've seen them in both zones.

I am the .00000001428%
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:14 AM

I did my death rifts in Scarwood Reach (level 30-35) on my warr (lvl 39) and Stonefield on my mage (lvl 29), so they are mistaken.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: March 31, 2011, 10:31:35 AM

Yeah you can do them elsewhere, but at least for Guardians you get the quests about 30 yards away from Silverwood -- and when you click on the 'Map' option for the quests, it shows you the map of Silverwood.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: March 31, 2011, 07:43:58 PM

Wow, Trion broke iron mining. I experienced this myself in game, before checking out their forums. You mine an Iron node, and you get no iron. You get skillups, and a geode if one would have dropped, but no iron.

Guess what I need to advance my Weaponsmithing!

I've experienced some things that irritated me in this game before, but this is the first thing that's made me want to quit until they fix it.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: March 31, 2011, 09:58:13 PM

Sounds exactly like the bug that made kingswood unharvestable until 1.1. I've also heard rumors about infinite-use nodes... awesome, for real

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:46 AM

Yeah, friend of mine ran across one of the infinite nodes yesterday. He got to about six taps and then thought better of it.

You'll be happy to know that they're going to fix it so that you only complete the event dailies from level appropriate rifts. Which really is an illustration of why I like Trion and this game: it's not the fuckups, it's how quickly and competently you approach the fixes. MMOs are huge, massive beasts and I expect fuckups. I expect fuckups every patch, in fact. And while there are some borderline inexcusable fuckups here and there, Mythic level shit that just isn't as readily apparent as some other games, they're communicative, quick and generally competent with the fixes.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: April 01, 2011, 05:23:35 AM

I agree with the above. There's a lot of stuff to fix but generally I see there's almost always a dev post saying "we're working on it" which is something.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: April 02, 2011, 07:33:29 PM

What's the deal with the dye vendor? every other patch she gets disabled, how many dye exploits can there be?

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: April 07, 2011, 07:22:10 AM

I will preface this by saying I am playing rift, enjoying it still as a tank but jesus fuck experts need a lot less trash. 3hr dungeons no thank you.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  
Jump to: