Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: I'm out again. Thanls for all the Fish (killmails) Endie. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm out again. Thanls for all the Fish (killmails) Endie.  (Read 4135 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

on: February 27, 2011, 03:00:32 AM

With the end of the Forever War vs IT, and the sea of blues around, I've set my account to close next month.

That and I'm downloading RIFTS.

Thank you to Endie for giving me a change to be in the best alliance there is or war or will be.

Here's what I put in my reasons for cancellation that CCP will never read:

The great wars are over. 0.0 has stagnated. Tech moons have destroyed the economy for alliances. I cannot build stuff in 0.0 because Empire does it cheaper, easier and without hassle.

Bots have destroyed my interest in pve. CCP's total lack of action on botting. CCP's total lack of listening to the CSM.

Supercaps own everything, and unless I bot, I will never own one.

Walking in stations is a joke, and will never come to pass. I want hookers and blackjack and own a bar in 0.0 You will never do that.

SirMolle still has account despite breaking the TOS many many times.

T20 was never fired.

If another great war starts, or walking in stations gives me Hookers and Blackjack, I'll probably be back. I'm still got an account for a month, so maybe I'll change my mind in the next month if The Mittani resets the NC. Or CCP nurfs tech moons and we have to invade a new place to live.

Please keep updating the war thread.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:22 AM

If all that it takes to get you back is walking in stations then I wouldn't be surprised to see you back this year :)  Otherwise I'll try and get some drama going to tease you into returning.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:48:52 AM

Walking in stations with hookers and blackjack.

If they ended up making it so we could design the station content ourselves, then that could end up awesome. Imagine the howls of indignation from literally a few soccer moms as someone films the inside of a goon station with flying dicks etc.

Maybe even a spot of duke nukem thrown in.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:01:58 AM

The Fountain campaign was unbelievably good and I too can't bear to play Eve now that it's over.  What I love are the large fleet battles which Eve can supply in spades, but at the moment the north is dullsville.  

You're definitely one of the BAT stars Comstr, great at FCing and fun to fly with.  Oh and btw Endie, you're a legend and probably most inspirational leader I've had the privilege to have played alongside with.  I hope you put together all your Eve articles in some sort of compilation, they're that good. If Mittani can get a gig at TTH, I'm sure there is a writing career also beckoning you.

I'm going to play Rift with Aurora Noctum   http://www.auroranoctum.com/forums/forum.php   a well respected, well established aussie guild.  They have been playing mmos like EQ, EQ2, WoW, etc for forever and know their stuff.  For what it's worth, Tale, a well known F13 poster is a senior member.   If you don't have a group of players already lined up why don't you give Aurora Noctum a go?  This is where you'll find us:

Server Type: PvE
Server Name: Wolfsbane
Faction: Defiant

Secondary server for PvP alts: Briarcliff
PvP Faction: Guardian
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 07:40:51 AM

After being in the Rift beta, I feel confident in predicting that anyone going on hiatus to play it will be back within sixty days.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 11:43:22 AM

Same.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 11:44:01 AM

After being in the Rift beta, I feel confident in predicting that anyone going on hiatus to play it will be back within sixty days.

Or less if they've already played WoW and gotten bored of it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:13:32 PM

I was looking at it to see if I might want to be a crafter in that game.

Running missions to be able to buy faction recipes? Yeah, no.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:15 PM

We managed to lose a few people permanently to Aion, so we'll see.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: I'm out again. Thanls for all the Fish (killmails) Endie.  
Jump to: