Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #7  (Read 15956 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 03:40:33 PM

Ok, starting NOW I won't be available until Sunday night. This means, I am sorry, that until Sunday I won't be able to advance or update anything in case Game Day #7 would be completed in the meantime. Again, sorry for this (and no it's not Rift related at all).

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:37 PM

Tonight's clash between Silver Horde and Morsel has been postponed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #72 on: March 05, 2011, 03:59:52 AM

It's 2 days to deadline. Is everyone still here?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 05, 2011, 04:40:29 AM

Silver Horde v Morsel

Unspoilered replay:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318368/Replay_2011-03-05_13-24-39.db

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #74 on: March 05, 2011, 04:47:42 AM

I believe the appropriate response to this game was "hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggghhhh".

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 05, 2011, 05:43:22 AM

Silver Horde v Morsel match report

Pregame, Silver Horde were on a 9 match unbeaten run (last defeated by Alive not Dead in the middle of season 2), and hadn't conceded a TD in 3 full matches, Morsel meanwhile were on a stellar run of form, putting together 4 straight wins with 9 TDs and none conceded to come back into title contention.

A win for either side would give them the Stormbringer title, a draw would hand the trophy to Huhnqua Huhnqua Burninluv.

Silver Horde welcome Caleb the Ripper and Nijel the Destroyer back to the side, and have signed new werewolf Mrs Cake. Zara the Slayer stays on with the team following her successful run out against Team SnooSoo, while Morsel are at full strength.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:17:44 PM by eldaec »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 05, 2011, 07:29:54 AM

I can't believe drogg won the title.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:48 AM

I had some internet issues, Ruvaldt and I should be able to get our match in this weekend.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #78 on: March 05, 2011, 10:15:32 AM

Yep!  Looking forward to it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #79 on: March 05, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

So we have 2 fresh teams winning divisions?

So much for all the crying and gnashing of teeth regarding carry-over teams.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 05, 2011, 10:54:31 AM

Shhhh.... new teams can't compete with the carryovers.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 05, 2011, 11:48:37 AM

I might have to forefeit my match to Reborne; I've been busy all week and got the Flu yesterday.  Since we're ~10 hours different, might not be time to get together.

On the upside, nothing's really resting on the results of this match.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 05, 2011, 05:10:34 PM

NO ONE CAN STOP DROGG
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #83 on: March 05, 2011, 06:14:40 PM

As I tried to argue when this question initially came up, player skill and well-chosen inducements make a far greater difference in games than team value difference. This isn't always the case, as typically the underdog will remain the underdog even with inducements, but it is good to see a new player winning with a new team.

My game wasn't an intentional draw, but eldeac did such a good number on my team in the first half of the match that I didn't want to risk giving him another opportunity to control the ball. Like I said to him on mumble, going in I hadn't set out to play for a draw, I had wanted to actually win, but circumstances dictated otherwise.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 05, 2011, 06:17:04 PM

Well, understand that drogg is one of my better friends in real life. So this stings, greatly.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 05, 2011, 09:05:00 PM

All season long, I've been wondering why people never take the fucking chef.  Well, just played Ruvaldt's Rats, and they took the chef.

First half kickoff, I choose to take the ball.  Then we do the chef roll.  3 less rerolls for me, 3 for the rats.  A perfect roll for the gutter runner dodge hell that would surely come.  Oh well, I still had one reroll left, better play things safe.  I cage up and sit for a couple of turns, hoping to get the numbers eventually.  Soon enough, he's got a few KKOs and a cas on the sideline, I move up field and his dauntless wrestle GR manages to wrestle me near the ground on turn 5 or so.  Next turn, I set up a nice chain push with frenzy wight and push the runner clear and move the ball in to go up 1-0.  Screwed up the next kick by putting my kicker on the side of the pitch, whoops.  No harm done, dauntless wrestling GR goes out for the game, halftime leaves us at 1-0, Necco.

Second half starts, chef roll again... again all 3 succeed.  Blah Blah Blah, push a couple of people out, YAGR (yet another gutter runner) manages to break free, but runs out of moves right at my goal line.  I am able to set up a double frenzy push with a wolf to back him up, but fail a GFI after the first block.  No problem, I use my only reroll for the half, but that also fails.  GR easily dodges away from a ghoul for the score.

I wasn't able to move the ball after the next kick, and kind of stalled and recaged each turn for a couple turns to bring us to a draw.  Rats scored one cas, I think I ended with 4.

Always hope for next year, unless the coach bolts for the Nurgle job...
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #86 on: March 05, 2011, 09:13:08 PM

About as even a match as I've had this season.  Avaia gave a good rundown and played a very good match.  My Halfling chef was serving up some gourmet meals.  

Another linerat wins MVP.  Bastard.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 05, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

My zombie picked up his *fifth* MVP.  Another zombie has 4.   ACK!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #88 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:52 PM

After that and my game with Iain, I'm betting halfling chefs will be getting lots of work in season 4...
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #89 on: March 05, 2011, 09:42:52 PM

Yo, fuck that halfling chef. Fuck him right in his fatty fat fat belly. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #90 on: March 06, 2011, 12:45:37 PM

I never took the chef because he's expensive. The only reason I took him against Xuri was I had 500k in inducements. But yeah, if I can afford him, that is a must have item. I don't think I ever understood just how good it could be, but to win not only a reroll (or more than one) as well as take one away from your opponent is so huge.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #7  
Jump to: