Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Democracy Fails. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Where should the uncommitted f13 denizens meet up?
Faeblight (Guardian) - 15 (51.7%)
Faeblight (Defiant) - 6 (20.7%)
Shadefallen (Guardian) - 5 (17.2%)
Shadefallen (Defiant) - 1 (3.4%)
Other (non-RP PVE server) - 2 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Democracy Fails.  (Read 29616 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: February 23, 2011, 07:54:51 AM

Please note: I'll cut off voting around 10pm PST today.  I'll be out tomorrow and perhaps not playing, so I want the direction available tomorrow for headstart people.

Please only vote if you'd like to hang out with whatever this becomes.  This is non-binding as we may stumble upon a very good idea when we get some feedback here.  I listed PVE-RP servers because that's where people indicated they'd like to play.

If you have a f13 friendly guild going somewhere, let us know as that could be a good option.  

Personal disclosure: I probably won't be incredibly active and I play later at night. I can help get things going, whatever we decide on, but I'm not a good caretaker going forward.  Anyhow, interested in learning where people would like to play.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:06:24 PM by schild »

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:01:30 AM

I'm in on Thursday and have 2 friends joining me for at least the first month.   I know absolutely nothing about forming a guild in this game. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:59 AM

I'll probably sign in on whatever is decided. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:10:16 AM

I'll probably sign in on whatever is decided. 

Me as well.  I don't really care what server or side.  I just want to annoy f13 members through a different medium.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23:37 AM

I have a few real life buddies who I will be playing with, we've decided on Guardian PVE, but nothing beyond that. I'll happily go wherever people go to have a larger pool of people available.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:33:36 AM

If someone wants to gift me a copy of the game, I'll set up BC on Faeblight  why so serious?

Best bet would be to make a secondary guild on the opposite faction, same server, given experiences in betA.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 09:34:03 AM

Oh, those are RP servers. I take my vote back.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Rasix

Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 09:35:57 AM

That just seemed to be what people were trending to in the MMO forum post.  I'd rather not split people up over something trivial.  Some folks just want the added filtering, and I won't deny them that.

Does this mean you won't be joining us?  ZombieSigne

-Rasix
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 09:39:10 AM

Not if it's on an RP server. While I'm not fond of the crowd on a regular server, the crowd on an RP server I dislike even more. I can put up with common internet assery, but roleplaying internet assery kind of makes me want to die.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:42 AM

just turn off chat?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 09:50:08 AM

Eh, it's more playstyle habits and reactions of the people generally found on the servers that bothers me moreso than chat.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 10:06:40 AM

I think that the consensus is that the RP servers typically cater to an older crowd, thus the interest from people here.  I personally don't care, since I probably won't be interacting with folks not in Bat Country that much anyway.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 10:07:48 AM

I'll probably end up picking Byriel - I have a few people I know there.

Or not - they're playing Defiant. Bah.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:16:52 AM by Nonentity »

Rasix

Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 10:20:22 AM

I'm pretty indifferent personally.  I haven't played on RP servers in the past, but I don't really tend to integrate into server culture.  It'll be all the same to me.

Btw, I'm aggregating the guardian/defiant votes. I think that's only fair in the odd situation that we have a winning server/faction that doesn't match the overal faction preference.   I'm sure I'll end up pissing someone off here.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:35 AM

Gah.  View Results doesn't show if you haven't voted.

I'd put Faeblight Defiant, but I won't be getting this at release and it may be some time before I do, if ever.  I don't want to skew the results by voting.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:13 AM

Gah.  View Results doesn't show if you haven't voted.

Really?  Hmm, I set it so you should be able to.  undecided

-Rasix
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:46:41 AM

I am not sure how active I can be at the early stages right now, but I have pre-ordered and don't have any preference to server.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 10:48:43 AM

<Rolling Guardian on Faeblight.

edit; not averse to Guardian on Shadefallen, but I figured I should just pick one so I did.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:51:25 AM by Azuredream »

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 10:52:36 AM

I chose Faeblight/Defiant, but Guardian works too.  It's not like the classes are any different, or anything.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 10:54:51 AM

Given the fact that the game populace as a whole seems a bit more 'hardcore' than your typical MMO, I'd be willing to bet the RP servers are gonna be pretty flooded at release-time.  The ol' trick of using RP as a 'filter' doesnt really work anymore imo, since everyone now tries the same trick.  (shrug)

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 11:03:44 AM

Given the fact that the game populace as a whole seems a bit more 'hardcore' than your typical MMO, I'd be willing to bet the RP servers are gonna be pretty flooded at release-time.  The ol' trick of using RP as a 'filter' doesnt really work anymore imo, since everyone now tries the same trick.  (shrug)

That's a decent point, though we don't know how hardcore the general population will be.  Beta population is usually filled by the shouting minority. 

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 01:00:42 PM

I think I'm getting a copy. I don't care what server we're on though.

I did like the PVP in Warhammer though, so I'm mildly torn.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:33 PM

I only chose shadefallen guardian due to it being lower alphabetically, which should filter more people out.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:20:53 PM

I think I'm getting a copy. I don't care what server we're on though.

I did like the PVP in Warhammer though, so I'm mildly torn.

There's ramblings they may add RvR some point soon.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 01:39:58 PM

Will they add it to the PvE servers? if so, we good. PvE seems fine.
Rasix

Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Will they add it to the PvE servers? if so, we good. PvE seems fine.

I don't see why they couldn't.  There's battleground/scenario like stuff on PVE servers as well, just no open ganking.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:57 PM

I think Port Scion would be the same for both rulesets, yeah?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 02:00:37 PM

I think I might end up picking Gnarlwood or Greybriar PVE Guardian, based solely on the fact that I have heard nothing about either of them and they are in the middle of the server list.

Both seem to have a decent amount of guilds posting threads for both Defiant and Guardian.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 02:36:20 PM

Let me know.  I voted Fae Guard, but really open.  Just planning on having fun.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 02:41:30 PM

There is encouraged world pvp on the pve servers as well (a lot of quests ask you to gank flagged NPCs or flagged players, but are clearly labeled PVP)

That said, I'm down with Faeblight/Guardian. RP-PVE just suits me, the communities in beta seemed okay guardian side on them (with absolutely zero RP, beyond that creepy couple sitting in town emoting at each other all day)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 03:04:52 PM

beyond that creepy couple sitting in town emoting at each other all day

That was me two-boxing!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 03:08:37 PM

Two box cybering?
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 03:10:29 PM

Indeed, I call it Cybation

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 03:14:04 PM

I think Port Scion would be the same for both rulesets, yeah?

Have you been able to play in the PS Warfront?  

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 03:21:59 PM

Rolling Faeblight/Guardian with some friends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Democracy Fails.  
Jump to: