Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Who's in? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's in?  (Read 17446 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 08:49:05 AM

Eltigrechino- Lotham/Defiant

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 12:44:52 PM

Reclaimer (PVP) - Defiant - Draegan - Rogue

I hit level 50 yesterday.

On a PvP server??  That fast?   ACK!

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 01:45:43 PM

Reclaimer (PVP) - Defiant - Draegan - Rogue

I hit level 50 yesterday.

On a PvP server??  That fast?   ACK!

Draegan is one of the honchos in Rift Junkies. All you need to know. ;)

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 03:41:06 PM

His daddy also owns a water-resistant sock factory, apparently  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 03:48:26 PM

Now, he can be like the level 50 defiant guy that showed up last night, and spend a few hours summoning defiant rift mobs, which then aggro the guardian players, and 1 - 2 shot them.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 04:16:45 PM

And I thought my soon-to-be 40 was going at a good clip. Bravo Mr. Catass... bravo.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 10:37:34 PM

Wow, almost 16 here, I'm sloooow.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 10:40:00 PM

There's no reason to rush.  Enjoy the ride. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:44 PM

Got a level 1 Warrior that can't fight for his ass and a level 10 rogue that's badass. I think I was destined to play non-tank classes.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 12:45:13 AM

There's no reason to rush.  Enjoy the ride. 

Not rushing and I'm having a ton of fun.  Questing, fighting critters in invasion, crafting, gathering. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 03:02:38 AM

Yes, take it slow. This is definitely a game you should stick with the crowd or just on the cusp of it in order to have enough people to take on invasions and major rifts.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:23 AM

Got a level 1 Warrior that can't fight for his ass and a level 10 rogue that's badass. I think I was destined to play non-tank classes.

I've played rogue most, but now tried a few low levels in other classes. Here's what I've found decent for low level (1-13) soloing:

Warrior:
1st soul: Champion. Gives you the Bull Rush to the target, a good action point builder and powerful finisher. Use the 2-handed weapon. 2nd and 3rd souls are up to you. I like the Reaver as a 2nd soul.

Mage:
1st soul: Pyromancer. 2nd soul: Elementalist. Chain casting Fireball while your pet holds up aggro. Add Warlock for the DoTs and Life Leech.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 08:33:03 AM

Agreed with the above post: pyromancers and champions are the most straightfoward souls for the Warrior and Mage vocations. Pretty fun to play.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:30 AM

I soloed my champion to 14-ish, and the biggest issue is survivability. Adds are death. My cleric (healer) could easily take on 3-4 mobs at a time and eventually win, but on the champ I die if I pull more than 2 [esp. if I wasn't at 100% hp to begin with].

otoh, battlefield intimidation and talented bull rush are hilarious in pvp.

WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 09:18:49 AM

Adds are death.

This is definitely the case with my Assassin (still only level 9). I can usually finish off 1 add, but anything beyond that and I die very quickly. Quite a change from WoW, where my rogue could handle 3-4 even cons most of the time. Might need to blow a cooldown or two, but it was survivable.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 09:46:24 AM

Adds are death.

This is definitely the case with my Assassin (still only level 9). I can usually finish off 1 add, but anything beyond that and I die very quickly. Quite a change from WoW, where my rogue could handle 3-4 even cons most of the time. Might need to blow a cooldown or two, but it was survivable.

This is pretty much spec dependent. In WoW, your class is pretty much given all it's basic tools to deal with situations. In Rift, you need to go hunt for them.

My base assassin has absolutely no way to handle mid fight adds beyond "can I dps faster than my hp drops"

My assassin/BD had avoidance and DPS cooldowns. My assassin/bard that I pve with now has some passive healing to move the fight more in my direction.

What I have issues with in the rogue trees is pvp related. All the melee specs lack CC breaks. All the ranged specs have them. Which means ranged rogues have an easy time kiting since they can break out of the shit that would lock them down, but anyone can take a melee rogue out of the fight with very little difficulty.

The warrior trees however appear to have some form of CC break in every tree. It means my assassin spec is painful to play in higher level BGs, since any idiot with a snare can completely nullify me. That and the sheer volume of stealth bugs/undocumented features (it takes a while for the client to make a stealthing rogue actually go Poof, so if a rogue stealths, you can usually still click them and just walk over and hit them. Realistic, but kind of a pain)
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:18 PM

Assassins really need to dump at least 8 into Nightblade if they are going solo and have to deal with groups. Sapping two different mobs with LH and Incap then burn the third down or the main target is nothing short of hilarity.  awesome, for real

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 12:31:15 PM

I soloed my champion to 14-ish, and the biggest issue is survivability. Adds are death. My cleric (healer) could easily take on 3-4 mobs at a time and eventually win, but on the champ I die if I pull more than 2 [esp. if I wasn't at 100% hp to begin with].

My champ has seemingly turned a corner at around lvl 19.  Setting some effective macros helped a lot as well.

-Rasix
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 01:50:40 PM

This is why I like Reaver as 2nd soul. The Soul Sickness ability combined with Soul Feast (heal 50% of damage done by Soul Sickness). When adds come, fire off Plague Bringer then Soul Sickness so that 50% of the damage from Soul Sickness on the adds is healing you. Add on Necrotic Wounds before the Plague Bringer timer runs out and you've made some headway into the adds' health. Not perfect, mind you, but seems to help as you work your way through each. Also keep a healing potion handy, of course, and don't be afraid to use it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Who's in?  
Jump to: