Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  (Read 20463 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:06 PM

I have no idea who anyone on my team is, it's awesome!  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:31 AM

My infield rocks, my outfield sucks.

If anybody wants to send me offers, I'm putting both Kinsler and Fielder on the trading block if you need a decent 2B or 1B for an OF prospect.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 08:09:56 AM

I have no idea who anyone on my team is, it's awesome!  why so serious?

You managed Joe Nathan in the 17th, which is the steal of the draft as far as I'm concerned. I was totally high on him but auto'd Bailey before I could get to the guy, then had to fill holes.  Tantrum

edit: also, Chris Perez in the 16th for Paelos. Wow. So many good pitchers this year.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:14:18 AM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 10:18:19 AM

Season's about to start! I am exciiiiiiite.

Let's make some trades. I'm not sure if I can propose more than one trade at a time from the league menu, so I'm just posting here for now.

I have a surplus at SS and I'm sure some teams are hurting to upgrade there. My objective is to get a 1B or OF.

Everyone on my roster is available but here are my SS eligible players:

• Hanley Ramirez
  • Jose Reyes
  • Alexei Ramirez
  • Omar Infante

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:24 AM

I'm interested in Infante. Send an offer to the Monkies.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:37 PM

I should like ... read about my dudes before I do anything crazy, I suppose. Whee!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 03:46:16 AM

Sjofn, you should draft every Blue Jay you can, then bench them!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:41 AM

Let's make a deal.

I throw out tons of offers to see if anything sticks, but I'd say I'm fair.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 10:53:11 PM

Damn you, Latos. I picked up sophmore Stauffer from the wire since he's the new Opening Day starter in SD. Bruce Bochy claims to fear him above all others, so why not.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 09:55:04 AM

I didn't realize there were games today. I've already got one OF on the damn DL too. Fuck.

EDIT: I also removed all the Max Games/Max Innings pitched shit. If anyone has a problem with no limits, let me know.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:02:41 AM by HaemishM »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 07:31:42 PM

As long as we have a gentleman's agreement to not churn innings on pitchers I don't care about no limits.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 08:18:29 PM

Blarg, been distracted by 100 other things, and wasn't able to make it to the draft to boot.  I'm going to eventually get into the groove of things and start picking up people, trading, playing, I swear!  Just might start out slow.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 10:33:15 AM

I have a quick question since I haven't done this in ages:

Are we supposed to update the starting order daily? I noticed a message that said one of my players didn't have a game today, so I moved someone from the bench into a starting position.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:09 AM

That is the best way to do it, especially now that there are no limits on games/innings. Of course, if your replacement is so far inferior to the starter that he will be more likely to drag your team down than contribute, you could just leave it empty for the day.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 04:12:04 PM

As long as we have a gentleman's agreement to not churn innings on pitchers I don't care about no limits.

If there are no limits, I am already churning pitchers!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #50 on: April 01, 2011, 04:19:35 PM

What is churning pitchers?

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 01, 2011, 07:40:00 PM

Picking up a pitcher (or 4) for one day, starting them, then dropping them and picking up new ones for the next day.  This is a good way to rack up lots of Ws, Ks, and QSs.  However, since waiver wire pitchers aren't usually the cream of the crop, it could easily hurt your ERA, K/BB, and Win%.

No real need to do this right away, but as the season goes on, and people see that those ratio stats are already out of reach, it will happen naturally.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 09:30:17 PM

Season's about to start! I am exciiiiiiite.

Let's make some trades. I'm not sure if I can propose more than one trade at a time from the league menu, so I'm just posting here for now.

I have a surplus at SS and I'm sure some teams are hurting to upgrade there. My objective is to get a 1B or OF.

Everyone on my roster is available but here are my SS eligible players:

• Hanley Ramirez
  • Jose Reyes
  • Alexei Ramirez
  • Omar Infante

Hmm, did I miss out on a chance at a shortstop?  I would have loved a shot at Hanley...

I will be sending out trades to random people all weekend, everyone feel free to counter or reject them as you please.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 12:15:29 AM

No one is untouchable! I still have Ramirez and Reyes, although I might be about done with trades for now. I'm kinda bummed that Reyes will probably never return to his '06-'08 numbers, but he's still exciting to follow when healthy. He's been around so long, I forgot that he's still in his twenties, but all that running creates a lot of wear and tear. Ahhhh, Mets... I'm crossing my fingers against the worst.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 04:11:47 PM

Don't trade with Celer, whoever he sends you will shatter into a thousand pieces, leaving you with nothing!

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:23 AM

That only counts in football!  Ohhhhh, I see.
WayAbvPar

Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:25 AM

I wonder if  I could have a few more players on the DL. Jesus.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 07, 2011, 07:26:04 AM

Now that Brian Wilson is back, The Babytown Frolics have an overabundance of closers.  Who needs saves?  I am willing to package them with someone like Ethier or Dunn to bring in some bigger talent...
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 07, 2011, 10:00:41 AM

I need saves.  Send an offer.  I'm still trying to make sense of my team, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #59 on: April 07, 2011, 03:56:55 PM

I would just like to point out I am winning for now, because I am certain I won't be later.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 07, 2011, 04:55:10 PM

Not if you don't start your starting pitchers!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: April 07, 2011, 05:03:29 PM

My trade for Choo is not exactly lighting up the sky.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 06:11:25 PM

Not if you don't start your starting pitchers!

That would involve me knowing when they are actually starting and remembering to look at my roster before the stupid east coast games start.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 09, 2011, 11:01:24 AM

Oof. My starting pitchers are killing me. I'm currently last in W, K/BB, ERA, WIN%, & QS lulz. And Latos is on the DL.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:53 AM

Holy god I have so much OF (stupid auto draft).  Somebody please offer me a trade for some of them.  They're all doing pretty good.  I need pitching.  Please!!!!!

-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 11:00:44 AM

I autodrafted far too many DLs (wasn't even aware that was a position)  awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #66 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:26 AM

Holy god I have so much OF (stupid auto draft).  Somebody please offer me a trade for some of them.  They're all doing pretty good.  I need pitching.  Please!!!!!

Trade offer sent.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 06:45:36 AM

Mark today as the day I realized I was in last place with my pitiful outfield and moved on. I basically wholesale changed my team.

We're going scortched earth! Worst to first, baby!

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08:41 PM

Ouch. I didn't expect Infante to bust like that. If it's any consolation, Lind has barely contributed for me so far.

I keep looking at my roster. Everyone is good, yet they aren't. Grrrrr.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:29 PM

Anyone see Dempster's line against Arizona?  Eek!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  
Jump to: