Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:37:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 College Football  (Read 229488 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #490 on: September 10, 2011, 08:51:19 PM

Toledo almost took out Ohio State, too.  What a nutty game that was. 

I always have a hard time in that game; I grew up in Toledo and its my hometown.  Hard to say who to root for.

Poor Penn State... not much to say there.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: September 10, 2011, 08:57:37 PM

The ending to the Michigan v. Notre Dame game was among the most exciting I've ever seen.   And I'm not even a fan of either team.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #492 on: September 11, 2011, 07:25:51 AM

Yep that game was nuts.

Also, my Dawgs are terrible as expected.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #493 on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:22 AM

I love the fact that Mack Brown chose to have his spring quarterback competition against a decent BYU team.  Seriously, after Garrett Gilbert (inevitably) got the yank he didn't have his second stringer lined up?  Jeez. 

Oh, and Georgia better fire Richt.  Possibly even before the year is over. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #494 on: September 11, 2011, 11:39:52 AM

The year is over for me and the Dawgs. Hell it was over after we lost to Central motherfucking FLORIDA in the bowl game and they didn't fire Richt in the offseason after going 6-7

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: September 11, 2011, 01:33:36 PM

Helluva trip.  The Penn State fans were the most accomodating and genuinely nice people I've ever tailgated with - class all the way around.  Great game, great atmosphere - truly what college football should be about.  McCarron looked awesome - kid is going to be special.  Saban throttled back the jets in the second half, otherwise the feeling was the game could have gotten pretty ugly.  I am DYING to see a replay of the hit #3 (Vinnie Sunseri) put on guy that outweighed him by about 100 pounds on the punt return that sprung Maze for about 50 yards.  (Edit:  found it.  at 1:14 exactly)

Got back to the hotel to see the end of the ND/UM game.  HOLY CRAP.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:36:06 PM by SnakeCharmer »
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #496 on: September 11, 2011, 02:02:48 PM

Hah.  While I'm thinking about it-  tailgating with Mormons is fun.  I didn't know that many of them were lushes. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #497 on: September 11, 2011, 03:58:10 PM

Q: Why do you always take two Mormons fishing?

A: If you take one he drinks all your beer.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: September 11, 2011, 04:01:41 PM

USC was fun. They tailgate like nobody's business (never seen so many Sat dishes hooked up to 46 inch tv's in tents in my life). Lots of hotties too. Watching a game in the Colosseum is cool but their band and cheerleaders (not the sweater-puppy song girls, the male cheerleaders) are ANNOYING AS FUCK. They play that shitty refrain after every single play and the cheer guys (WITH FREAKING MICROPHONES) chant "beat the utes" in a monotone every 45 seconds.  Seriously, its psychological torture.

Utes fought hard and really should have won, but oh well.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #499 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:43 PM

USC was fun. They tailgate like nobody's business (never seen so many Sat dishes hooked up to 46 inch tv's in tents in my life). Lots of hotties too. Watching a game in the Colosseum is cool but their band and cheerleaders (not the sweater-puppy song girls, the male cheerleaders) are ANNOYING AS FUCK. They play that shitty refrain after every single play and the cheer guys (WITH FREAKING MICROPHONES) chant "beat the utes" in a monotone every 45 seconds.  Seriously, its psychological torture.

Welcome to the Pac-12!  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:38 PM

Cincy gave UT fits the first half, but the Vols outshot them.  Plus Cincy seemed to wear down.  Tyler Bray and Tauren Poole were stars.  Props to Cincy, they have a great program there.

Georgia.  Ugh.  That program is dying just like my Vols did in the last couple years of the Fulmer era.  Richt has lost it.  Time to drive UGA 'out to the country to live on a farm'.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #501 on: September 11, 2011, 05:10:24 PM

Cincy gave UT fits the first half, but the Vols outshot them.  Plus Cincy seemed to wear down.  Tyler Bray and Tauren Poole were stars.  Props to Cincy, they have a great program there.

Georgia.  Ugh.  That program is dying just like my Vols did in the last couple years of the Fulmer era.  Richt has lost it.  Time to drive UGA 'out to the country to live on a farm'.

It's painful to admit that we can't even win games we should win. We had the SC game won about 5 times over, but we lost it 6 more.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: September 11, 2011, 05:33:46 PM

I didn't watch a lot of the game, but GA seems to have good players, but they're their own worst enemy. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #503 on: September 11, 2011, 06:17:04 PM

Where were you tailgating?  The two games I went to were relatively lame, but then again my father-in-law probably doesn't know the right places to go to.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: September 11, 2011, 07:57:18 PM

It was highly distributed all over the campus.

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #505 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:09 AM

So more crazy realignment stuff going on today.  As far as I can tell from reading through internet shit, OU and Texas ADs met and it sounds as if OU really wants to bolt to the Pac ?.  Texas doesn't sound too thrilled about that option, probably due to the LHN.  The Longhorns are seriously considering going independent because of the shenanigans, which seems like the most fuckall stupid thing they could possibly consider.  This is one time where I think the UT arrogance is really going to bite them in the ass if they don't watch it. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #506 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:32 AM

I hope it does bite them in the ass. They need to drop the LHN thing before it gets them in trouble. It's been nothing but a problem and lightning rod since they put it in, and they don't need that money.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #507 on: September 12, 2011, 11:06:11 AM

Yeah, Scott sounds pretty firm that they have to be part of our TV plan if they want in the Pac-whatever. Which I really don't want.

The only upside to it as far as I'm concerned is we could have the original Pac-8 all in a division together and then all the landlocked people in the other one, but that still doesn't make up for the bullshit idea of Texas in the Pac-X, they already stole one Rose Bowl, no more!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #508 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:42 AM

Well, with the inevitable expansion that is coming down the pike I personally like Texas and Oklahoma to the Pac 12+.  The style of play fits and it would bring some additional firepower to the conference.  I'm not super enthused about Big Ten or Independent.  Too much cold weather in Big Ten country. 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #509 on: September 15, 2011, 06:18:36 PM

Half time... not happy with this game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

still not happy   Heartbreak
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:10:09 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #510 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:39 PM

Hey, you're ahead in a hostile environment.  Don't bitch yet. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #511 on: September 15, 2011, 06:59:33 PM

The game sucks so far. Defensive and nobody is making conversions inside the 30.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #512 on: September 15, 2011, 08:08:36 PM

LSU's defense is badass.
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:00 AM

LSU's defense is badass.

Still trying to figure out wtf Miles was doing calling for a pass up 10 with 9 minutes left. And a deep pass rather than a move-the-chains pass. But it worked out. And LSU's def made a statement again. This schedule may do me in at the end. Soooo tempting to make the jaunt to Morgantown next week.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #514 on: September 16, 2011, 03:51:19 PM

I'm not an LSU fan, but I love Les Miles.  He's a ballsey dude and a quote machine.  I hope you guys win the title.
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:59 PM

We will go as far as the defense will take us... one bad game and the offense has no shot to make up the difference.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: September 16, 2011, 11:50:42 PM

So tonight is the "Holy War" game that is now in September since we left those douches in the dust in going to the PAC-12. If you want to see an easy example of why I hate BYU with the heat of a thousand suns, here is their coach on Thursday (and no this isn't made up):

"As I stood in front of the Cougar Club (Thursday), it felt like I was in front of the Pharisees and the Sadducees," he said. "Sometimes what play is called on third-and-20 is more important (to them) than what we're trying to do here. My hope is that you support us with your heart as you try to find what's most important in life and see the bigger picture, and join us in that purpose."

Yup, that's him comparing himself to Jesus and calling his own booster club his persecutors because he takes criticism sometimes about his offense. It's apparently really all about converting people to the LDS religion through losing football games, or something.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #517 on: September 17, 2011, 05:43:51 AM

I think you're in for a war as well in that game Ab. Close, ugly and the last man holding the ball will have a chance to win it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: September 17, 2011, 08:54:53 AM

Depends on if our O-line can get its shit together. If it can I think the Utes will stomp them.  If not, it will be a slog.

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:55 AM

Sorry man... I am going to half to go with FSU/OK today as THE game to catch.  awesome, for real

Come on FSU...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: September 17, 2011, 09:03:22 AM

For sure. I'm bummed the overlap. Will have to be watching split PIP on both games.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #521 on: September 17, 2011, 09:48:52 AM

Depends on if our O-line can get its shit together. If it can I think the Utes will stomp them.  If not, it will be a slog.

That bad?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Go Utes! Fuck BYU and fuck Jake Heaps.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: September 17, 2011, 09:59:20 AM

Fuck BYU

F U BYU was a very popular chant at Mountain West games.  At least back in the day...

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: September 17, 2011, 10:36:10 AM

Great come back so far in the Clemson game... please beat Auburn..please...

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:41:36 PM by 01101010 »

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #524 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:19 AM

Clemson versus Auburn.  Fuck that's a shitty game.  I want everyone to lose.  Or whoever wins loses their starting QB for the year due to an ACL injury.  That would work.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 College Football  
Jump to: