Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Tribunal System - get punished by some random neckbeard. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tribunal System - get punished by some random neckbeard.  (Read 7096 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:25 AM

http://kotaku.com/5733206/

The judges even earn IP for voting.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:04:16 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 06:23:12 AM

It's going to fail. Utterly. Also Hilariously.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:44:37 AM

Maybe just maybe if you could playback matches.

"Me am play gods"
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:54:11 AM

The Tribe has spoken!
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:20:12 AM

How could this go wrong.  Ohhhhh, I see.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21:24 AM

Someone should send them Lord of the Flies.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:07 AM

Within 3 months, every bad player will be removed from the game and a total of three people will be banned for making Your Mom jokes. Great system.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:41 AM

I am looking forward to this.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 08:13:47 PM

i'll just sit around and do this all day, petulantly. A Citizen Kane scowl on my face.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 09:06:23 PM

League doesn't account for people being bad at the game. That's the fundamental source of trolling, bad players being bad, bad players yelling at other bad players, bad players with limited knowledge of the game doing things that people with limited knowledge of the game will do and insisting that you and 3 other people must carry them. Geez i really hope Riot takes it in the ass for this one.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:42:28 PM

I actually want them to implement this fucking thing. Maybe I'll get kicked out for sucking. But you know what? as long as people like this jungling ammumu I had last game, who refused to leave the jungle and jump into teamfights gets kicked out, I'll be happy. Yeah, I'm like that.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:31 PM

I actually want them to implement this fucking thing. Maybe I'll get kicked out for sucking. But you know what? as long as people like this jungling ammumu I had last game, who refused to leave the jungle and jump into teamfights gets kicked out, I'll be happy. Yeah, I'm like that.

As far as I've heard (their FAQ) this isn't a punishment for players who suck, it's supposed to be a tool to use against griefers (insults, racial slurs, etc.).  According to their FAQ, jungling moron Amumu only gets dinged if he's perpetrating "deliberately disruptive gameplay" which means you'd have to show that he knew that what he was doing was disruptive.  In theory, anyway, in practice if you're throwing yourself on the mercy of a nine-year-old you've already basically got a noose around your neck, and Mrs. Jenkins Middle School Class is unlikely to require you to establish Mens Rea or anything.

If it turns into a channel for punishing people whose only crime is sucking at the game, it's going to be fucking retarded.  Even barring the problem that a lot of players have no idea how to tell if a player sucks or is just having a bad day, there are no replays in this game.  How is the jury (or whatever they're called) supposed to tell if a player is doing badly or not?  They can maybe look a the score, but the score doesn't always tell the whole story (I bet jungling Amumu had fewer deaths than you, for example).
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:43 PM

Yeah, I know it's not the best system, nor would it realistically hurt mr jungle ammumu, I was just expressing hope lol. I like this system because it is SOMETHING. WOuld I prefer a repuation system, where you vote at the end of a match? yes. But for some reason riot wont put that in.

BTW Jungling ammumu's record was like 1/3/2........when the rest of us were all like 6/7/23 and shit. He was not present at team fights at all.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 11:50:55 AM

As far as I've heard (their FAQ) this isn't a punishment for players who suck, it's supposed to be a tool to use against griefers (insults, racial slurs, etc.).  According to their FAQ, jungling moron Amumu only gets dinged if he's perpetrating "deliberately disruptive gameplay" which means you'd have to show that he knew that what he was doing was disruptive.  In theory, anyway, in practice if you're throwing yourself on the mercy of a nine-year-old you've already basically got a noose around your neck, and Mrs. Jenkins Middle School Class is unlikely to require you to establish Mens Rea or anything.

If it turns into a channel for punishing people whose only crime is sucking at the game, it's going to be fucking retarded.  Even barring the problem that a lot of players have no idea how to tell if a player sucks or is just having a bad day, there are no replays in this game.  How is the jury (or whatever they're called) supposed to tell if a player is doing badly or not?  They can maybe look a the score, but the score doesn't always tell the whole story (I bet jungling Amumu had fewer deaths than you, for example).

Translation if your going to grief, say nothing in chat. Which is basically all this new system is good at monitoring.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 10:27:46 AM

Yeah, I know it's not the best system, nor would it realistically hurt mr jungle ammumu, I was just expressing hope lol. I like this system because it is SOMETHING. WOuld I prefer a repuation system, where you vote at the end of a match? yes. But for some reason riot wont put that in.

BTW Jungling ammumu's record was like 1/3/2........when the rest of us were all like 6/7/23 and shit. He was not present at team fights at all.

I think that's one of the hardest parts about being a good jungler...map awareness and being in the right place at the right time. You lose a lot of XP chasing fights or setting up ganks that aren't there. I have brought myself up to pretty good from poor, just takes practice.

Oh, and for the love of god, don't push a tower just to push the tower. You kill your jungler's ability to gank. Push if you get some kills and can do damage to it. If not, go shopping or something.  If the minions are both at the halfway point, I can normally get a kill. If they are pushing to our tower, I can almost guarantee one.

Let em push if you have a jungler :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 10:49:47 AM

Our mids are actually required to stay on our half of the gap between towers. For some, this is pretty straightforward, like ashe only last-hitting.

It's a bit more difficult with sivir (who has to play with boomerang blade OFF during laning phase) and really difficult with malzahar, who utilizes a chaining creep-killing spell to farm.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I think that's one of the hardest parts about being a good jungler...map awareness and being in the right place at the right time. You lose a lot of XP chasing fights or setting up ganks that aren't there. I have brought myself up to pretty good from poor, just takes practice.

Oh, and for the love of god, don't push a tower just to push the tower. You kill your jungler's ability to gank. Push if you get some kills and can do damage to it. If not, go shopping or something.  If the minions are both at the halfway point, I can normally get a kill. If they are pushing to our tower, I can almost guarantee one.

Let em push if you have a jungler :)

Yeah I never push 'just to push', but then I play (gentleman) Cho, so damaging towers isn't my thing.

As for junglers, I loooove good junglers. It's the fact that verybody thinks they can jungle, and so they are beating on the lizard while a teamfight has erupted in mid, for whatever reason, we lose cause we're down one, and then the jungler runs in and donates the buff to them. This is a bit to common at my elo. To tell you the truth, I wish they would disable the jungle mobs below a certain elo.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 09:24:52 PM

To be fair to junglers, sometimes people take stupid fights. Then blame the guy that was already headed to red (to get a buff that can matter in a fight). OMG WHERE WERE U MAN?!?!?! We totally had that 3 on 5 if you woulda showed!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 12:49:34 AM

As someone who jungles a lot and will pretty much push any lane to halfway this bugs me. Why do people keep initiating fights when you have a number disadvantage?
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 03:01:29 PM

I'm not going to go ahead and say that all of our team jumps (my friends and I) are perfect, or would have been perfect, but you know, some times shit goes down in the mid, planned or not. I especially get annoyed when it's quite clear what is about to occur (you all know what I'm talking about, the two teams glaring at each other and firing off a few harassment spells and shit) and the jungler is still roaming around getting his buffs. Also, maybe it's just me but at the end of the game (I'm talking like the 40 minute mark), the lizard buff is not really worth the risk at all. People explode in teamfights too fast for it to have an effect, and it's probably warded anyways.

Let me restate it: I LOVE GOOD JUNGLERS!!! It's the fact that they are so rare that makes me want the damn thing removed from the game.

P.S. I am not seriously advocating they remove the jungle objectively, only stating how much I hate it's effects. It's like an idiot magnet. only offering a fantasy.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Tribunal System - get punished by some random neckbeard.  
Jump to: