Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Help moving a Fallout 3 install 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help moving a Fallout 3 install  (Read 1117 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: December 24, 2010, 03:14:13 PM

So old PC died, recieved new PC. Reinstalled F3 and all the addons that I have onto the new one, but I'd like to swap my savegame, settings, and modified weight carrying etc in. (ini files? the spirit fi not the actual names).

I copied the entire original Fallout 3 directory across to a safe place on the new HDD, so I can get at any of the files, and if it stores saves, settings and so forth on the C drive in My Computer somewhere, I can probably still get at the original files. But, you know, 50+(?) hours in, I want to finish seeing out all of the content with my existing playthrough.

Anyone know which files I need to copy to the new install, or where to find them?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:37:11 PM

I'm running Vista and all that stuff is in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 03:53:36 AM

Copy/paste might be sufficient.  If you want desktop/start menu icons you can do an install, and then just copy/paste merge the old game installation into the new.  Actual save / .ini data should be where Reg says, and if you're running an unmodded game just copying that will be entirely sufficient.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Help moving a Fallout 3 install  
Jump to: