Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163254 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #315 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:19 PM

Signing up late PST when I get back from class tonight.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #316 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:57 PM

Good, with Hoax we only miss Celer and Kail. I hope you can do it in the next 22 hours as I am planning to do the group sorting by tomorrow night, and I am tempted to make a cheesy video out of it. Very cheesy. So maybe not.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #317 on: January 10, 2011, 12:19:59 PM

Do it. It should involve all sorts of FIFA mocking with tiny plastic balls in vases and shit. Or is that UEFA? Either way world football has some fuckstupid seeding rituals.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: January 10, 2011, 05:41:45 PM

Just played a hilarious game. Pro vs Undead. Attached is the replay. Keep an eye on two things. The Pro Elves Dodge rolls, and the Undead Injury rolls.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/193068/Undead%20v%20Elves.db

I think it highlights just how much this game can be about luck sometimes, and how being lucky in some areas isn't always enough to balance out the lack of luck in others.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:01:23 PM by lamaros »
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: January 10, 2011, 05:43:07 PM

Okay, I think I'm in as Pro Elf team Offsidhes.  Lemme know if I screwed it up, I haven't done this online before.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #320 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:10 PM

Just played a hilarious game. Pro vs Undead. Attached is the replay. Keep an eye on two things. The Pro Elves Dodge rolls, and the Undead Injury rolls.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/193068/Undead%20v%20Elves.db

I think it highlights just how much this game can be about luck sometimes, and how being lucky in some areas isn't always enough to balance out the lack of luck in others.

Yeah, I just had a ruthless game as Skaven against a very young Chaos team that, at most, had only added block to a few beastmen.  The coach made every mistake in the book: ran at the ball with low agi players lacking sure hands first thing without marking it at all, wasted blitzes against players that he could have tackled normally, and placed assists where they wouldn't add any dice to a tackle.  At the end of the first half though I only had three teammates left uninjured or unKO'd after he scored a tying TD.  On the first turn of the second half he badly injured three Skaven in a row and KO'd a fourth.  I made all the right moves (and almost finished with a tie due to some lucky dodges), but rolled double 1s routinely while he lucked out on injury rolls.  It was a bloodbath deemed necessary by Nuffle, and now I'm honestly considering whether or not this Skaven team is even worth playing anymore or if I should just start a new one from scratch because so many are beat up or injured.  

It's just the way things go sometimes and all you can do is throw your arms up, and watch the trainwreck.  God knows I've done it to others before.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:40 PM

It's best when you throw you hands up and laugh. The guy whose team I destroyed decided to take it that way and in the end we were wondering what would happen if I cleared the field and he didn't have enough/any players to fill the line at kick off.

Also is necromancer not working? I got another unit I thought, but it's not in my roster afterwards?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:10:16 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:59 PM

Okay, I think I'm in as Pro Elf team Offsidhes.  Lemme know if I screwed it up, I haven't done this online before.

You are in. Only Hoax and Celer missing. JOIN NOW!

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #323 on: January 11, 2011, 02:00:12 AM

Once this season is up and running, we should encourage people to jump onto the f13 mumble for their matches. There is nothing quite like playing Blood Bowl while hearing your opponent's sobs of despair.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: January 11, 2011, 02:38:02 AM

What's that? Teamspeak server or something? Yeah, that could be fun. I'm up for it.

Is this the one?

IP: IL2.LeetTS.com:10015
Password: minecraft

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #325 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:50 AM

Probably, there is a sticky for it somewhere.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #326 on: January 11, 2011, 06:36:18 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:07 AM

Groups have been drawn.

And group 3.....   ACK!

3 Norse, 2 Undead, Orc, Khemri, Necro

We're all going to die.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: January 11, 2011, 11:32:59 AM

Groups have been drawn.

And group 3.....   ACK!

We're all going to die.

I hope that isn't me as the necro team.  Can anyone post for those of us at work?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:23 AM

Group 1

Group 2

Group OH MY GOD JESUS CHRIST

Group 4

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:27 AM

I'm going to assume Falconeer fixed one particular group 1 match up because that's awesome. Hope one of you has an away strip handy for match 5.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:45:58 AM by eldaec »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #331 on: January 11, 2011, 11:44:15 AM

Ugh.  My first match is against Undead.  I should've gotten that apothecary.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:05 AM

More than half my matches are against one form of undead or another.

Actualy group 1 isn't much nicer - the draw has given us two dodgy groups and two bashy groups.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: January 11, 2011, 11:54:09 AM

THE CALENDAR YOU ARE SEEING IN GAME IS NOT THE CORRECT ONE!

That's randomized by the computer without taking into account our seedings. So scartch that. I made the groups, and you'll see them in a couple of hours. Be patient!

Sorry for the anticlimax of having fake-grouping leaked, but I had to "start the season" to begin fiddling with the seed manager tool.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:56:09 AM by Falconeer »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #334 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:51 AM

Damn, my schedule was looking tasty.  tongue

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #335 on: January 11, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

Neat.  I am waiting with breathless anticipation.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:55 PM

All major tournaments have a trial draw followed by breathless speculation of what would have happened if that were a real draw - we're just stepping up.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #337 on: January 11, 2011, 12:27:29 PM

Groups have been drawn.

And group 3.....   ACK!

We're all going to die.

The second I saw this I knew that was my orcs. The groups are accurate but the calendar is not or nothing is accurate at this time though right?

-William Gibson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:29 PM

I think he means nothing is accurate.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:19 PM

Nothing is accurate. Give me an hour more.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #340 on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:06 PM

Damn.  I liked my group, and was looking forward to tuning in to group 3's bashy games with some pretzels and a beer.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:16 PM

Have fun with this, in the meantime (it looked better on Facebook).

Coaches   -   team names (race)  -   in game names   -   Steam names

Falconeer   -   The Bell Jar Utd.  (Ama)   -   Drew Falconeer   -   [f13]Falconeer

Ruvaldt   -   Rat Country  (Ska)   -   JRuvaldt   -   Ruvaldr

Eldaec   -   Silver Horde FC  (Nor)   -   Ramas   -   Eldaec       

IainC   -   Spleen Flay Hackers  (DaE)   -   IainC   -   IainC

Comstar   -   F13 Catfighters  (Ama)   -   Comstar   -   Comstar

Sky    -   Bashtards  (Orc)  -   Mister Sky   -   [f13] Sky

Proudft   -   Burrowing Beetles   (Khe)   -   Proudft   -   Proudft   

Llyse   -   Alive Not Dead  (Nec)   -   Catfud   -   [f13] Llyse

Modern Angel   -   Team Snoosnoo  (Orc)   -   Brocktoon   -   Brocktoon   

Strazos   -   Diplomatic Immunity  (Nor)   -   Strazos   -   Strazos

Drogg   -   Huhnqua Huhnqua Burninluv (Liz)    -    Drogg   -   "Robert"

Sir T   -   Harbringers of Homeopathy  (Nur)   -    jjoshaugh   -   jjoshaugh

Avaia   -   Necco Waivers  (Nec)   -   Avaia   -   Avaia

Celer   -   Undeadwood Swedgins  (Und)   -   Celer   -   Celer

Lamaros   -   Rape of Skabine  (Ska)   -   Lamaros   -   Lamaros

Megrim   -   Morsel  (Vam)   -   Megrim   -   Megrim

Ingmar   -   Beardstorm! (Dwa)   -   Ingmar-f13   -   [f13] Ingmar

Xuri    -   North by Northwest  (Nor)   -   Xuri   -   [f13] Xuri

Teleku    -   Hazardous Hippies  (WoE)  -   Teleku   -   [f13] Teleku

Ezrast    -   7 Deadly  (Liz)    -   Ezrast   -   Ezrast

Reborne   -   Reborne's Wrestlers (Ogr)  -   Reborne   -   Reborne

Hoax   -   Scarlet and Gray  (Orc)  -   Hoax   -   Hoax

Bann   -   The Dandies  (Hum)   -   Bann   -   Bann

Ice Cream Emperor   -   Negative Capability  (Nec)  -   Ice Cream Emperor   -   Icecreamemperor

NiX   -   Undread Fiesta  (Und)   -   Nixel   -   NiX

Kail   -   Offsidhes  (Elf)   -   Kailas   -   Kail

Scadente   -   Strongman  (Orc)   -   Krummi   -   LoveTruncheon

HaemishM    -   Peace Dogs (HiE)   -   Haemish M   -   HaemishM

AndyDavo   -   The Wishmasters Wildcards (DaE)   -   AndyDavo   -   Davo1997

Ginaz   -    Gut Spillers  (Und)  -   Ginaz   -   Ginaz

Cadaverine   -   Merely a Fleshwound  (Und)  -   [f13] Cadaverine   -   [f13] Cadaverine

Gruntle   -   Nifty Helmets  (Cha)    -   Gruntle   -   Gruntle/CanisLupis

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #342 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:20 PM

Not enough. Also what's the seeding exactly? Each group gets a playoff team. Three groups get two veteran teams and one gets one veteran team in addition. Then what happens with the three returning with new team coaches?

-randomly seeded along with new coaches?
-put into 3 separate divisions?
-two of them are automatically placed in the division that only has one playoff vet team plus one vet team?

I rushed home to find this stuff out!

-William Gibson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: January 11, 2011, 01:08:49 PM

I gather the first vase has the four semi-finalists, the second vase has the remaining 10 returning coaches (regardless of new or returning teams), the third vase has everyone else.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:10:24 PM by eldaec »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10:34 PM

Group one would have been a blas. 3 orks, an ogre, chaos and nurgle (oh and a necro) Can we say HULK BASH!!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #345 on: January 11, 2011, 01:24:19 PM

I gather the first vase has the four semi-finalists, the second vase has the remaining 10 returning coaches (regardless of new or returning teams), the third vase has everyone else.

We could be looking at some real cakewalk versus group of death setups if that's the case. I'm not even sure that is a bad thing.

-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #346 on: January 11, 2011, 01:46:21 PM

Group one would have been a blas. 3 orks, an ogre, chaos and nurgle (oh and a necro) Can we say HULK BASH!!!
That's what I was thinking - hope I can afford enough replacements and max apothecaries :)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:40 PM

Well I must say I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out those weren't the real groups. Though it was less about being in group 3 and more about looking at group 4 and being like 'wow, if I could have guaranteed THAT draw I'd have rolled Skaven after all'.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:55 PM

A preview:

Video is uploading.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #349 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:51 PM

Falconeer is my new hero.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: