Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon  (Read 43933 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: December 09, 2010, 01:15:47 AM

Trailer for Transformers 3(D) released yesterday.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersdarkofthemoon/

Personally, I'm looking forward to this about as much as being kicked in the balls. YMMV.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:21:04 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 05:12:25 AM

I'll roll my eyes as Unicron is defeated in some inane and implausible explosion without eating any planets, but I'm 36 and understand it's not for me.   The son will adore it, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 06:04:12 AM

But.. but... ITS IN THREEEEEEEEDEEEEEE!!!!

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:36:35 AM

Oy.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:44 AM

Yeah, that looks like a winner....

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:52:17 AM

You know, the sheer awfulness was such that I only noticed after the fact that they had a trailer for international distribution say thinks like "Our nations greatest achievement" rather than, say, "mankinds greatest achievement." Oh and made national US heros, Niel Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, out to be fucking liars.

So, its a trailer built to piss off everyone on the planet. Nice one marketing!

Hic sunt dracones.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 09:15:12 AM

You know, the sheer awfulness was such that I only noticed after the fact that they had a trailer for international distribution say thinks like "Our nations greatest achievement" rather than, say, "mankinds greatest achievement."

Stuff like this never matters outside of internet forums. Independence Day is pretty much the most "Woo America!" sci-fi action movie of all time, and it made two-thirds of it's money overseas.

Oh and made national US heros, Niel Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, out to be fucking liars.

So, its a trailer built to piss off everyone on the planet. Nice one marketing!

Man half the dipshits in this country couldn't even tell you who landed on the moon, much less take offense at the idea that they kept a giant space robot secret.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:22:41 AM

Actually most people went to independence day to watch the white house get blown to shit. Seriously that scene got pretty much Universal cheers.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But yeah ok. Good point.

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:23:41 AM

Man half the dipshits in this country couldn't even tell you who landed on the moon, much less take offense at the idea that they kept a giant space robot secret.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 05:36:14 PM

Personally, I'm looking forward to this about as much as being kicked in the balls. YMMV.

I dunno. I kinda want to see if Bay can turn this shit around. I liked the first movie well enough, hated most of the 2nd, so... gah.

No doubt it's going to make bank though. Bay could film himself taking a shit and make several hundred million dollars.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:15:05 AM

Bay could film himself taking a shit and make several hundred million dollars.

This is why he gets to make these movies however he wants.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 12:29:19 PM

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04:22 PM

Yep. The only way to fuck up a movie about a huge invasion of earth by Decepticons is to have Michael Bay direct it.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:10:12 PM

It can't be any worse than the second one, right? Right?
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:18:35 PM

It can't be any worse than the second one, right? Right?

Bay has said that the writer's strike was hard on the story, and that he's going to have a lot less goofy crap in the third one. The wigger twins are gone, for example.

We'll see though. He might just find new ways to fuck it up.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 01:19:45 PM

It's still more about the humans than the fucking transformers(which don't seem to even be transforming anymore) so it's gonna suck.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 01:50:41 PM

That's an intentional shift.  The audiences complained there was too much about the robots in #2 and not enough focus on Spike or something like that.  I'm not remembering where I heard that, though.  You have to remember they've been financially sucessful because they HAVEN'T focused on things that geeks want to see, because those repel or confuse the larger audiences.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:45 PM

It's still more about the humans than the fucking transformers(which don't seem to even be transforming anymore) so it's gonna suck.

It could be set on Cybertron and have no humans at all and still suck.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 01:55:26 PM

That's an intentional shift.  The audiences complained there was too much about the robots in #2 and not enough focus on Spike or something like that.  I'm not remembering where I heard that, though.  You have to remember they've been financially sucessful because they HAVEN'T focused on things that geeks want to see, because those repel or confuse the larger audiences.

Exactly. That's why I think (and hope) Unicron never shows up. He's just too neckbeardy a concept for the mass market.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 04:05:21 PM

The first movie was successful but how big was the second? I'm willing to to bet there was a drop off which will even be more pronounced in the third. I'm not the biggest transformers geek but I still don't recall anyone looking fondly on the second one and even the first doesn't get higher praise than " it was good"

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 04:09:12 PM

The first movie was successful but how big was the second? I'm willing to to bet there was a drop off which will even be more pronounced in the third. I'm not the biggest transformers geek but I still don't recall anyone looking fondly on the second one and even the first doesn't get higher praise than " it was good"

According to IMDB, the 2nd one was $130 million dollars more successful than the first one... which made $700 million worldwide.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 04:15:15 PM

Yep.

Oh, and I found at least one reference to refocusing on humans. A LeBoff interview:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/109/1090073p1.html

Also: The woman replacing Fox isn't nearly as attractive(imo), but still isn't bad when you find shots of her not dolled-up in creepy faux-teen ways. 
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:21:44 PM by Merusk »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 04:42:15 PM

This really baffles me because I don't ever hear people praising these movies.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 04:49:21 PM

It's a Summer Blockbuster Movie -- it doesn't have to be "good" just mindlessly entertaining.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:12 PM

It's a Summer Blockbuster Movie -- it doesn't have to be "good" just mindlessly entertaining.

Yeah. The question is how good of a Transformer movie are we going to get mixed in with our mindless summer action event flick.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 06:13:17 PM

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 02:02:03 AM

Oh Dear God.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 02:44:33 PM

Words, none.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 04:23:01 PM

This really baffles me because I don't ever hear people praising these movies.

I will offer one praise to these movies, the police car's motto was pure fucking gold:

"To punish and enslave"

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 04:31:28 PM

Yeah, but that was in the first movie.

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 02:03:28 PM

The first movie was fun. Hell I even have it on DVD somewhere.

The second movie was pure shit from start to finish. I can be mind numbingly bored and flipping channels and I might pause for half a second if I see it's Transformer's 2 then change the channel to something more intelligent like Jersey Shore. Ok, I lie. I'd never watch Jersey Shore but you get the point.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 02:05:10 PM

I agree.  The first one, while having flaws, wasn't that bad.

2 was Brain Cancer.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 06:59:53 AM

While I do agree that 2 was as a whole, shit, I did really like how they had the long CGI fights that did not involve constantly cutting from different angles and keeping one perspective for good 30 seconds straight
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:47 AM

While I do agree that 2 was as a whole, shit, I did really like how they had the long CGI fights that did not involve constantly cutting from different angles and keeping one perspective for good 30 seconds straight

oh yes, i love two piles of nearly identical mechanical parts tumbling around in such a way that even without the camera moving I can't tell what the fuck is going on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon  
Jump to: