Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon  (Read 43938 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:29 AM

^ Yeah, that. ^

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:46 AM

Um, well in the only fight I really remember between Optimus Prime you could tell the difference between the two robots because one was blue, the other wasn't.  

And I didn't say the camera didn't move, I meant the camera didn't constantly change between different camera angles, there's a difference.  And again, I was commenting on the style of the directing for the CGI fights, not the actual fight themselves.

*edit* I think too many movies that involve a lot of CGI rely on camera cutting to mask the fact that they suck at doing realistic, long-lasting animation sequences in action movies, and I thought that at least one scene of Transformers did very well on this part.  Other then that the movie sucked, and the fact that this one scene is all I really remember from the movie is telling.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:48:38 AM by KallDrexx »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:37 AM

You don't remember that one scene with Shia LeBouf running while shit explodes all around him? Or that scene with Megan Fox while shit explodes all around her? Or that other scene where Marines fire uselessly at robots while shit explodes all around them?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:17 AM

I must admit I did love the scenes where the humans would have a missile strike a meter behind them, showering them with concrete blocks and then keep running.  There was even a scene where Megan got sconed with an ancient egyptian sandstone block the size of her tits right on the bonce and she SHRUGGED IT OFF.

Tough, Tough Motherfuckers.  Alternatively, immersion breaking bullshit.

You decide.

Also, Jazz.  Funny.  Alternatively, downright fucking stupid.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 01:13:36 PM

I enjoyed the other movies and I will probably enjoy this one. I am however a fan of giant robots and explosions. I don't really need much plot or storyline if there are enough explosions and shiny moving objects. In fact i would say there is a nicely curved scale. As the ratio of explosions and shiny moving objects goes down my need for plot and storyline go up.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 02:01:57 PM

^ Yeah, that. ^

Everytime Prime's sword comes out and he slices something off, or rams it into somethings head, need for plot and storyline drastically plummet.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 06:15:22 PM

I'll confess to loving the Prime fight scene across the highway with the blade in the 1st movie.  That and the fight at the end of 1 with Megatron where Peter Cullen once again delivers "One shall stand, one shall fall" were the best parts of both movies.  Too bad they were both in the first movie.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:29 PM

I'll confess to loving the Prime fight scene across the highway with the blade in the 1st movie.  That and the fight at the end of 1 with Megatron where Peter Cullen once again delivers "One shall stand, one shall fall" were the best parts of both movies.  Too bad they were both in the first movie.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Robots with big knives...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Seriously.. swords? Glad I have seen any of these movies. Well, except the first one, the true first one, circa 1984,

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 06:43:26 PM

Seriously.. swords? Glad I have seen any of these movies.
You must have not seen any of the cartoons, either.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 06:49:18 PM

Alternatively, immersion breaking bullshit.

The biggest immersion breaking BS in the second one was the "open the hangar door at the Smithsonian Air and Space Annex (which they even said IN THE MOVIE is in D.C.), walk outside the door and BAM! you are in Arizona at the airplane graveyard."

But the whole movie was just bad. Glad I paid nothing to see it (I netflix'd the DVD because of this thread, actually, you bastards).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 07:03:03 PM

Seriously.. swords? Glad I have seen any of these movies.

Oh I was a huge fan of the cartoon, but the trauma blocked out those stupid episodes. GUNS > swords... Indiana Jones taught us all that.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 07:25:06 PM

Oh I was a huge fan of the cartoon, but the trauma blocked out those stupid episodes. GUNS > swords... Indiana Jones taught us all that.  awesome, for real

NINJAS > ALL

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 08:22:23 PM

That's not a ninja in your video Ohhhhh, I see.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 08:45:35 PM

Robots with big knives...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Seriously.. swords? Glad I have seen any of these movies. Well, except the first one, the true first one, circa 1984,

Posts like this and all the existential shit in the tron post crack me up.  Transformers is about GIANT ROBOTS, there's nothing serious about it.  There never was - it was a cartoon made to sell toys.  Tron was a movie made to sell video games.  Action escapism who's secret message is capitalism.  If you don't realize that going in... what the fuck are you thinking?  If you want some semblance of reality, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 10:31:38 PM

That's not a ninja in your video Ohhhhh, I see.

That's what they want you to think. DUH!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 11:47:00 PM

Or that part in the 1986 animated movie where Megatron busts out a lightsaber against Optimus. Or the part in that same movie where Hot Rod is practicing with one aboard the ship. Or the part where the Junkions attack the Autobots with nets and hatchets. Or the part where Springer busts out a sword during that same fight.

Transformers was always chock full of improbable melee combat. Always.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

Yeah and it was fucking awesome.  Megatron gutted Prime like a fish with that lightsabre too.

But, yeah, when Prime put the sword through Brawl's head in the first Bay one :  Pure Gold.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:36 AM

Rule of Cool beats out realism. As long as it's got versimilitude.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 03:47:17 AM

There is only one robot I will allow to have a sword.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 03:48:50 AM

Alternatively, immersion breaking bullshit.

The biggest immersion breaking BS in the second one was the "open the hangar door at the Smithsonian Air and Space Annex (which they even said IN THE MOVIE is in D.C.), walk outside the door and BAM! you are in Arizona at the airplane graveyard."

This. My mind can usually absorb small plot holes, but this was beyond baffling.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:35 AM

Voltron I believe wasn't a robot so much as a giant mech. In that, he had no AI and was just piloted.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 04:40:26 PM

Voltron I believe wasn't a robot so much as a giant mech. In that, he had no AI and was just piloted.

Then a tank would definitely beat him with superior armor and firepower.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 04:47:09 PM

Oh god. What have you done???

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 04:59:30 PM

How does a tank have superior armor and firepower than voltron? he's a giant lion mecha who I believe also has some ranged capabilities. You gotta be more specific than just "a tank"

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:27 PM

Uh oh...
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

Swoop is always getting his ass kicked. Poor Swoop.

-edit- What was the Brontosauruses name again?

I know the Triceratops is Slag, and the Stegosaurus is Snarl and Grimlock is Grimlock, but I can never remember the Bronto one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:24:58 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:33 PM

Swoop is always getting his ass kicked. Poor Swoop.

That's because Swoop is mentally deficient even by dinobot standards.

The brontosaurus was Sludge.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 05:33:34 PM

Sludge!  Heart

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 06:48:54 PM

Uh oh...

I'm going straight to combat unicycles and beating the rush.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 07:57:38 PM

How does a tank have superior armor and firepower than voltron? he's a giant lion mecha who I believe also has some ranged capabilities. You gotta be more specific than just "a tank"

Not sure if sarcasm but just in case : Have fun
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 10:49:52 PM

A tank of similar tonnage, built with the same level of technology.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 10:55:24 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 11:57:16 PM

Not sure if sarcasm but just in case : Have fun

That thread is fuckin money. Picasso wept in heaven on reading it.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 01:12:06 AM

(giant tank picture)

Honestly 99% of science fiction would get curbstomped by the US Army circa like 1965, when we were cranking out nuke-tipped everything. Nuclear artillery shells and air-to-air missiles would fuck up a lot of AT-AT walkers/flying robots/whatever. Not that you'd want to build a house near where all the nukes went off, but it beats living under the yoke of King Zarkon or something.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:13:40 AM by WindupAtheist »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 06:49:49 AM

Yes but voltron can fly which would give it far superior mobility. Can this tank fly?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon  
Jump to: